Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2014, 17:49   #1456
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
He will be getting the schedule for next lot on 2nd April so no way I can get the car on 4th. Red and UT colors are available which I don't want. No choice but to wait more now. My blood is still boiling :(
I have been talking to my SA almost on alternate days and for the last 1 week, I am getting the same response that the schedule for the month of April-2014 will be available with them on 2nd April. I have kept options open for White and Red colours for V MT petrol. The Team Leader of Sales did call me up on Monday evening when I ended up discussing my frustration with the Sales Manager. He said that Golden Brown V MT is available which quite frankly did not appeal me too much. Its just a shade too dark for me.
Old 29th March 2014, 21:50   #1457
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have also been facing a lot of jargon from the sales people here in Hyderabad, I have booked a VX MT on Feb 5th and yet no sign of the car even after multiple follow ups, I have been told today by my SA to expect a mid April delivery without a promise on the color( silver) and it's funny how within 30min the Manager tells me to wait till June, I'm all fed with their attitude. Can someone help me with higher officials email-id's. Please PM me incase anyone has them

Thanks in advance.
Old 29th March 2014, 22:00   #1458
AMJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
I have been talking to my SA almost on alternate days and for the last 1 week, I am getting the same response that the schedule for the month of April-2014 will be available with them on 2nd April. I have kept options open for White and Red colours for V MT petrol. The Team Leader of Sales did call me up on Monday evening when I ended up discussing my frustration with the Sales Manager. He said that Golden Brown V MT is available which quite frankly did not appeal me too much. Its just a shade too dark for me.
Hi Tejas, with whom did you book this car in Mumbai, as far as I knew V MT - Petrol in Golden brown was not available with any dealer in Mumbai. Request an early revert.
Old 29th March 2014, 22:14   #1459
BHPian

Hi All,

I think I finally came to a conclusion. These are the cars I'd short listed to replace my workhorse Hyundai Accent GLE which has completed 110000 kms and still going strong:

1. Honda City CVT (Still to decide whether VX or SV)

2. Volkswagen Vento TSI (Ruled out as there is an 8 month waiting period and the rear middle passenger issue due to the big hump. SA told me today that Volkswagen is going to upgrade the TSI box and hence this waiting period)

3. Hyundai Verna CRDI Automatic (Back seat not comfortable compared to Honda City for family members)

I never got to test drive any of these automatic cars since none of the dealerships have kept them for a test drive. I could drive only the Honda City Diesel and Hyundai Verna CRDI AT. Just got to sit in a Volkswagen Vento TDI at the show room since I was late to do a test drive and they'd started pulling down the shutters.

Let me tell you without any doubt. The Hyundai Verna CRDI is way ahead of Honda City Diesel in performance and refinement. It never feels like a Diesel engine car. Couldn't check the handling part as the test drive was done on a straight line highway and there traffic was offending to do some quick turns. But found the stability to be good. However, none of my family members were impressed with the rear seat including my 6 yr old son.

What everyone is saying 'Yes' is to Honda City especially because of the back seat comfort. So, I am going to book a CVT (deciding on SV or VX trim). SV will get delivered in 2 months time and VX in 6 months time. I will miss the paddle shifts, 5 inch screen console and Keyless entry. However, I don't require the sunroof. By Monday, I will make a decision on the colour and Trim and will go ahead and book one.

Last edited by adarsh76 : 29th March 2014 at 22:15. Reason: Edited
Old 29th March 2014, 22:21   #1460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
2. Volkswagen Vento TSI (Ruled out as there is an 8 month waiting period and the rear middle passenger issue due to the big hump. SA told me today that Volkswagen is going to upgrade the TSI box and hence this waiting period)
Is it? They just upgraded DSG and engine to 7 speed and 1.2 l TSI engine in October. In Bangalore, dealers are quoting 3-4 months only. But I never heard that they are going to upgrade it and in team-bhp also I have not find anything about this except the discussion on diesel automatic.
Old 29th March 2014, 22:32   #1461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post
Is it? They just upgraded DSG and engine to 7 speed and 1.2 l TSI engine in October. In Bangalore, dealers are quoting 3-4 months only. But I never heard that they are going to upgrade it and in team-bhp also I have not find anything about this except the discussion on diesel automatic.

Waiting period of 6-8 weeks here in Bombay for the TSI!
Old 29th March 2014, 23:07   #1462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post
That's what the SA told me. This might be probably because they still have the old 5 speed ATs in stock and the new TSI 7 speed must have not been in mass production yet.

Whatever, it's an 8 month waiting period in Trivandrum. Not sure about other cities.
Old 29th March 2014, 23:14   #1463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMJ View Post
Hi Tejas, with whom did you book this car in Mumbai, as far as I knew V MT - Petrol in Golden brown was not available with any dealer in Mumbai. Request an early revert.
I have booked with Arya Honda Bhandup. The car was available on Monday evening since the SA did ask me would I like to take that. I said no. Next day i called up to check whether i can see that colour and he said its already been allotted this morning. As such i was not keen on golden brown so did not talk about it much.
tejas08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2014, 00:03   #1464
BHPian

One thing I noticed on my White SV CVT is that the paint job has lot of 'Orange Peel' effect. I see that more on the sides than on the front bonnet/roof. What 'Orange Peel' means is that you do not get a proper reflection of objects on the sides. More about this in picture below.

Initially I thought, it was to do with having Non Metallic color. However, when I recently visited Dakshin Honda showroom, they had 3 Honda City: Black, Brown and the UTM. All these are metallic colors and they had the same problem.

I than spoke to Mohsin from Ultimate Detailerz where I got cquartz treatment done (more about this coming in my ownership thread), and he mentioned that he had not seen much of 'Orange Peel' effect on earlier generation Honda City, but he has seen these in some of the recent OEM paints in other brands. It's more to do with some sort of cost cutting/not having proper quality check done.

Can other folks confirm this? I'm not sure if this has to do with trying to expedite production and release the vehicles at a faster place or maybe this is part of Honda Cost Cutting

Some related/useful info here: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/auto...-fix-this.html

The below picture shows reflection of a vertical tube light and the window grill above it on the side door. If you see closely, you'll not be able to get a proper reflection of tube light. Notice the grill bars which should have been shows as straight vertical lines but instead are edgy.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-orangepeel1.jpg
neel911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2014, 09:40   #1465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_charles View Post
I have taken delivery of our SILVER SHARK - Alabaster Silver New Honda City (2014) SV CVT i-VTEC on Thursday, 27th Mar. At the very outset, we are enjoying every aspect of it!! Trying to find some time to write a ownership review. It has been a wonderful experience driving the SS (Silver Shark)!
Congratulations, Paul! I am glad to see our tribe of CVT owners grow :-)
Old 30th March 2014, 10:07   #1466
Distinguished - BHPian

Zoomin self drive now has the new city as an option in Bangalore. Saw one parked in belandur. Updated on website too. Good way for folks who are confused to test out as to whether the city is the right car for your needs.
Old 30th March 2014, 12:29   #1467
AMJ

Yesterday, I have been given to understand by one of Honda India sales manager that the price hike is expected but not on 1st April and could be later in the month. When confronted that that all dealers are saying the price hike is from 1st April he said thats becuase of the note in the press. On further pushing him that the press has a note from their management he said that they internally have have no intimation about the price hike, % and when it will be implemented.

Hope he was honest with me and I hope to get the delivery of my VX before the hike. I did my booking in the first week of December and still waiting to know when the delivery will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
One thing I noticed on my White SV CVT is that the paint job has lot of 'Orange Peel' effect. I see that more on the sides than on the front bonnet/roof. What 'Orange Peel' means is that you do not get a proper reflection of objects on the sides. More about this in picture below.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Can other folks confirm this? I'm not sure if this has to do with trying to expedite production and release the vehicles at a faster place or maybe this is part of Honda Cost Cutting

Attachment 1224637
You are right about the Orange Peel effet in the ANHC, I have seen this with most of the new City either in the showroom or a few on the road. If you clearly check the car all over you will see spots where the paint texture is not as smooth as it should be compared to its predecessors.

With the ANHC, Honda has managed to impact its reputation in some form with the overall packaging of the car and all the minor nicks. It seems they went more commercial with the production.

But then we all are buying and their factories are running on full capacity...

Last edited by moralfibre : 31st March 2014 at 14:58. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 31st March 2014, 09:34   #1468
BHPian

I was one of the first customers to book the IDTEC the same week it was launched and was promised a delivery in the first week of Jan 2014.
I kept pushing it till March 2014 to arrange my finances (as mentioned in my earlier posts as well I never preferred to opt for a car loan) and now at this point of time I might be forced to step back from my booking and cancel the same.
Iam being asked to relocate for about an year to another country for business need.I would be getting the final confirmation in a couple of days and my travel dates are expected to be in middle of April.So I would need to wait to get my hands on the car until my return.
My relocation is definitely an exiting factor at the same time there is a small disappointment, as I will have to postpone buying the car until middle of 2015.Nevertheless my personal motto of no loan for car would just get easier to adhere to on my return. Hope there will be some more improvements by Honda to the City in 2015.
I still did not cancel my booking and would be doing it over the next weekend once my travel plans get sealed this week.

cheers,
pdma.
Old 31st March 2014, 11:54   #1469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
I was one of the first customers to book the IDTEC the same week it was launched and was promised a delivery in the first week of Jan 2014.
I kept pushing it till March 2014 to arrange my finances (as mentioned in my earlier posts as well I never preferred to opt for a car loan) and now at this point of time I might be forced to step back from my booking and cancel the same.
Iam being asked to relocate for about an year to another country for business need.I would be getting the final confirmation in a couple of days and my travel dates are expected to be in middle of April.So I would need to wait to get my hands on the car until my return.
My relocation is definitely an exiting factor at the same time there is a small disappointment, as I will have to postpone buying the car until middle of 2015.Nevertheless my personal motto of no loan for car would just get easier to adhere to on my return. Hope there will be some more improvements by Honda to the City in 2015.
I still did not cancel my booking and would be doing it over the next weekend once my travel plans get sealed this week.

cheers,
pdma.
Advance congratulations on your new assignment. I am sure you can get the iDTEC on the day of return without any waiting period. By then Honda might have doubled its capacity in true sense.

And who knows there may be a better model waiting for you on your return as car manufactures are coming with new options.
ambadan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2014, 14:32   #1470
BHPian

Those in New Delhi / NCR who may be interested, there is one White SV-CVT model available in stock at southend honda with additional accessories worth 30k that includes chrome door handles, chrome strip on windows, rear & front bumber guards and maybe a couple more which I don' remember.
If you want the no. of SA, let me know.
harshunlimited is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed