Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2014, 16:17   #376
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
I like the SMT model the most. It will be most VFM model with most of the necessary features including the safety features.
No pinpointing intending on your post aniketi, but I tend to disagree and actually not very happy with Honda's Strategy on E & S Variants Air-bags. They have omitted the Passenger Side Air-bag on these variants, which was not the case in the outgoing Honda City.

Even the Corporate Variant had the same safety features as that of the Top-end variant.

Suddenly, its looks like a step backward in terms of safety from Honda's end.
tejas08 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 16:20   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post
Alloy wheel available as accessory looks better than stock.

https://www.hondacarindia.com/AllNew...loy_Wheels.jpg
Hope Michelins are standard fitment in all the cars like in this pic and no MRFs creep in.
Old 7th January 2014, 16:22   #378
Team-BHP Support

Honda has launched the fourth-generation City Sedan in India. The car is priced between Rs. 7.42 lakh and Rs. 11.10 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Old 7th January 2014, 16:45   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post
Following are the additions to VX CVT when compared to SV CVT.

sunroof...
...front fog lamp
Thats what i'm saying SV has too many things missing that i would want in a car in this category, i too don't care about the leather seats (especially in the Mumbai heat) also the start/stop though cool are a gimmick in my opinion, the V seems like the most complete variant a shame that we can't have it in CVT, i guess a lot of people who want an automatic will think of the money difference and opt for the SV.

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 8th January 2014 at 12:58.
ishaanranderia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 16:50   #380
BHPian

The City is back with a bang, I must say! This goes down well with Honda's stated strategy of only concentrating on smaller and lower-priced cars in the Indian market. This also means that City will be the "biggest" car for Honda in the Indian market (Civic and Accord are already out from India, I guess, and there will be very little focus on CRV). Now Honda has a great line-up of lower-priced cars for the Indian market -- City, Jazz (upgraded version to come soon), Amaze, Brio, and hopefully a mini SUV-type car. This is great news for the Indian middle class as they will get Japanese reliability on an affordable price. However, I don't see the Japanese big trios looking at the luxury market in India any time soon. Toyota is unlikely to bring in Lexus, Nissan is unlikely to bring in Infiniti, Honda will (of course) not bring in Acura. This means the Germans will keep dominating the Indian luxury car market (unfortunately with their range on "unreliable" cars "for" Indian roads!).
Old 7th January 2014, 17:19   #381
BHPian

Hello All ,

Some more information for fellow BHP-ians in Hyderabad.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-price.jpg  

Old 7th January 2014, 17:28   #382
Distinguished - BHPian

I like the pricing. As expected, Honda has learnt the trick. And since other players kept jacking up the prices, Honda had enough room for a competitive pricing.

The SV model looks pretty loaded to me. Less than 10L exshowroom, Cruise Control & ACC and no alloys where one can choose those after market. This is the variant I will pick up, if I am in the market for one.

I think Honda has made a wise choice by focusing on the top variant manufacturing currently. I think with the current placement, most might have gone for SV than VX. Now those people who want the car ASAP will NOT have a choice but to buy the VX even if they do NOT want that trim.

Maruti - we are awaiting YL1 sedan! If Honda screws up by increasing the price, then Maruti will be in the comfort zone for a cracker price. Honda - don't you do make their life easy.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 7th January 2014 at 17:30.
swiftnfurious is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 17:35   #383
BHPian

Can anybody post the interior picture of E variant as the salesperson told me that ambient light inside the cockpit is not blue black but orange like one in Amaze for this particular variant. Can anybody throw some light on it?
Old 7th January 2014, 17:48   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
Can anybody post the interior picture of E variant as the salesperson told me that ambient light inside the cockpit is not blue black but orange like one in Amaze for this particular variant. Can anybody throw some light on it?
Saw this picture on FB, KCF page.

Picture Courtesy: Harsh Vardhan @ KCF
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-1075308_733664869977852_608426835_o.jpg
Old 7th January 2014, 17:52   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shomshree View Post
Saw this picture on FB, KCF page.
@shomshree: I am looking for the interior picture of "E" Base variant. This is VX variant.

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th January 2014 at 19:24. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 7th January 2014, 18:01   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarPatel View Post
Hope Michelins are standard fitment in all the cars like in this pic and no MRFs creep in.
The display car at Linkway Honda Mumbai that I saw today was wearing Goodyears. The sales executive was not sure of Michelins or MRFs or any other brand for that matter.
Old 7th January 2014, 18:05   #387
BHPian

Hi All,

I have a question here. I see that everywhere it has been pointed that Honda City has 14 inch rims but in the official site it is mentioned as 15 inch rims/alloys. Am I missing something?
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-honda.jpg  

Old 7th January 2014, 18:11   #388
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
It is; as per the official brochure (highlighted & attached below --> pic flicked from @RavenAvi's post! )

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-city.gif

Edit:: A very bad time for Ford to increase Ecosport's price. As a sensible buyer, I would NO way touch an Ecosport over City, unless Honda jacks up the price the same way. Except the high seating & GC, I do NOT see anything favouring Ford's kid now!!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 7th January 2014 at 18:20.
Old 7th January 2014, 18:23   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand2712 View Post
Hi All,

I have a question here. I see that everywhere it has been pointed that Honda City has 14 inch rims but in the official site it is mentioned as 15 inch rims/alloys. Am I missing something?
Rims are 15 inch only but tyre size is 175/65 which is very less for a car of this size. Preferred size is 185/65 or more.
Old 7th January 2014, 18:45   #390
BHPian

Thanks GTO for that simply awesome review, being and OHC user myself, I was waiting for this new release, wanted a FULL view of things and you have done a good job at that.
So this is a new beginning with the Honda City finally entering the Diesel segment and throwing open a big opportunity to chomp into this market.

Most Viewed