Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2014, 14:33   #481

Moderator note: Please use Multi Quote [Quote+]. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
Same here. I spoke to Whitefield Honda. These only have diesel vehicles for test drive. The SA tells me that not only deliveries, but even test drives for petrol vehicles are not available before Feb/March. I'm surprised. I know the engine is nearly the same, but Honda actually expects people to book petrols without a TD?!

No offence meant, but I'm kinda exasperated with this diesel demand and push, even though it may be for the right reasons. If one asks for a Vento TSI TD, the SAs say the TDI is a better vehicle, and one 'should' TD that instead of TSI!
Feb/March is too much of a wait I believe. We may even get our vehicle delivered before the TD vehicle arrives!(I have no idea when deliveries will start for petrol City) May be Honda is banking on the fact that many people loved the engine in 3rd gen and by keeping the same engine people needn't TD petrol City. I thought of booking the petrol City this sat. But now I'm in two minds.

Quote:
If one asks for a Vento TSI TD, the SAs say the TDI is a better vehicle, and one 'should' TD that instead of TSI!
+1 to that. The Volkswagen Palace Cross SA asked me to TD diesel Vento saying both diesel and petrol offer the same output. It was only when I insisted that I want to TD petrol vehicle did he get the vehicle out.

Last edited by Jaggu : 9th January 2014 at 15:13. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 9th January 2014, 15:31   #482
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand89 View Post
Moderator note: Please use Multi Quote [Quote+]. Thanks.
Feb/March is too much of a wait I believe. We may even get our vehicle delivered before the TD vehicle arrives!(I have no idea when deliveries will start for petrol City) May be Honda is banking on the fact that many people loved the engine in 3rd gen and by keeping the same engine people needn't TD petrol City. I thought of booking the petrol City this sat. But now I'm in two minds.
Do not book without a TD. You have a right to that, regardless of the number of times you may have driven the earlier version with the same engine and similar output/torque. I'm particularly interested in low RPM response, and the ride/handling. I was not very happy with the earlier generation on these counts, and it seems from GTO's review that there's been some improvement in these areas.

I drove a friend's Brio last evening, and was very happy with the way the vehicle responded at slightest input of throttle. The steering felt good too - it felt very nice to drive even in a short try. I need to feel at least close to that sort of a drive in the new City before I think of booking.

For all you know, a petrol TD vehicle may arrive in next couple of weeks - I have a feeling it will. I NEVER believe SAs.

Last edited by Tats07 : 9th January 2014 at 15:33.
Old 9th January 2014, 15:59   #483
Senior - BHPian

I'd visited Dakshin Honda, Hosur Road, Bangalore, to evaluate the Honda City. I am disappointed by the looks of the bonnet lid, as pointed out in the review, is "naked" and the cables are clearly visible.

This reminded me of the dialog in the movie, Star Wars "The Phantom Menace" where one robot asks the other, "Why are you naked?" - Sorry, I don't recall the character names.

The brake cables are also pretty much visible which I feel should have been neatly tucked to avoid any damages on rough/wet stretches. The joints on the doors also look poor. They could have drastically improved the structural quality.

The looks are definitely stunning, especially the interior.

As for Dakshin Honda, they're the same as six years ago - the don't care attitude!
Old 9th January 2014, 16:22   #484
BHPian

And when you are TD'ing the vehicle, if possible check the air pressure of the tyres. When I TD'ed the Brio, I had a feeling that the pressure was way too high as I had a pretty bumpy ride, unfortunately I could not get it checked.
Old 9th January 2014, 16:48   #485

Quote:
Do not book without a TD. You have a right to that, regardless of the number of times you may have driven the earlier version with the same engine and similar output/torque.

For all you know, a petrol TD vehicle may arrive in next couple of weeks - I have a feeling it will. I NEVER believe SAs.
Thanks for your advice. Will have a look at the display car this week and book the vehicle only after a TD. I really hope that the petrol TD vehicle arrives in a couple of weeks.
Old 9th January 2014, 17:01   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Pedals are Rs. 3500.:
Is it complete pedal or just pedal cover. For my EcoSport, the pedal cover for ABC came fir just 525 and the quality is really good
Old 9th January 2014, 17:09   #487
BHPian

Finally booked a VMT Petrol Taffeta White Today. The delivery would be by March :(
Old 9th January 2014, 17:09   #488
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarPatel View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see much point in checking if the car clears the speed breakers at an angle. Can you ever do this without hearing a loud objection from the motorist just behind you? Also, the toll plazas, at least here in Mumbai and on the way to Pune, have multiple speed breakers and their lanes are just wide enough for a car. There's no way we can hit the breakers at an angle in actual fact. Further, I think there are less odds of the lower suspension mountings hitting the breaker if you tackle it head on, since they will ride up along with both wheels as one unit.
That's true. However, I wasn't too confident to take on the speed breakers head on. I hope someone does that and updates how capable the City is with its new raised ground clearance.
Old 9th January 2014, 17:29   #489
BHPian

Apologies if this is a repeated posting. I have received the price list from one of the dealers in Delhi and the same is attached for your reference.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-delhi_otr_pricelist.jpg  

Old 9th January 2014, 17:44   #490
BHPian

Here is the road tax on ex-showroom for Karnataka:

less than 5 Lakhs: 12%
between 5 and 10 Lakhs: 13%
more than 10 Lakhs: 16%

In addition to this, there is a 10% CESS on the road tax (not on the ex-showroom price).

source: http://www.rto.kar.nic.in/feestaxcss.html

Last edited by kryogesh : 9th January 2014 at 17:45.
kryogesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 18:07   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Edit:: A very bad time for Ford to increase Ecosport's price. As a sensible buyer, I would NO way touch an Ecosport over City, unless Honda jacks up the price the same way. Except the high seating & GC, I do NOT see anything favouring Ford's kid now!!
AFAIK Ecosport has got a waiting period of 5 months+. Ideal time for them to cash in some money. We all know Inevitable- Every manufacturer has to offer discounts, so higher price comes handy there also . Expect a mouth watering discount as sales start to dwindle.

All in all I see a perfect stratey by Ford to milk it's cash cow
Old 9th January 2014, 21:13   #492
BHPian

Did any BHPians from Bangalore had an opportunity to do a test drive? If yes which dealer it was and how crowded the showroom was during your visit?Appreciate if any one can shed some light on this.

Cheers!
Old 9th January 2014, 21:14   #493

Any idea when they are starting delivery for Diesel cars in Bangalore ? I went to Magnum Honda in Mekhri circle and the SA said it will only be by month end.

Also they dont have vehicles for test drive yet (expected by weekend only) plus the only model on display was out of battery and hence could not see much of the features..
Old 9th January 2014, 21:18   #494
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Here's a look at the price-wise comparison of all sedans and their variants in the C2 segment.
Improved on this previously posted chart, since Volkswagen India hiked prices across all it's models from January 2014 onwards, and Skoda India added some new variants of the Rapid.

In addition to all the sedans in the C2 lineup, I also added the Scala/Sunny twins and the Ford EcoSport as well. Even though the Sunny & the EcoSport have petrol variants which are more than a lakh cheaper than the others variant-wise, their diesel variants are almost a match across the range. Makes for an interesting comparison.

Prices have been taken from the respective official company websites, except for Volkswagen Vento whose updated prices are taken from gaadi.com.

Added the prices of the outgoing 3rd Gen City for reference as well. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom, Delhi.

(Click on the table to open in a separate window)

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-untitled.gif
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 22:41   #495
BHPian

Dear BHP'ians,
  1. How would you compare the NVH, ride & handling of the Scala/Sunny vs the new Honda City diesel?

Our main use case is long highway rides with a nuclear family

cheers,

Most Viewed