Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2014, 22:52   #496
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Is it complete pedal or just pedal cover. For my EcoSport, the pedal cover for ABC came fir just 525 and the quality is really good
I think they are for the pedals. I am not really sure though. I saw them in the display window.

Honda is known for exorbitantly charging for the accessories. That grille @ 14k is way too expensive.
Old 10th January 2014, 08:38   #497
BHPian

Called up Arya Honda and Apex Honda here in Mumbai. Currently they do not have any petrol & CVT test drive vehicles available. They will be available only in the first week of february. Anyone can shed any more light on this?. Whether this is true?.
Old 10th January 2014, 10:21   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I believe these spoilers & grills will be available aftermarket in a short time at fraction of the price. So those who are interested, it could be a wise move to hold on for couple of months.
I agree. At Gem Car Decor, Lajpat Nagar, i had bought lots of Honda Accord Accessories for 1/4th the original price. The Accord bootlid lip/spoiler cost some 3000 or 4000 Rs and the interior wood trim was even cheaper. I am very finicky about quality of the parts and i assure you they were as good as what i saw at the showroom. They were imported from thailand is what the dealer told me.
One does have to be careful though as there are lots of poorly finished copies of the original available in the market and the surface on them is not smooth and wavy. A keen eye can tell the difference.
nik_kapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 10:27   #499
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by feroz_009 View Post
Booking VMT Petrol tomorrow morning, feeling very excited :-)!

We have shortlisted two colors to choose from (White and Golden Brown Metallic), we loved both the colors and confused over choosing one among them.

TBHPians, any recommendations?
I'll choose white over brown (I am NOT a "white" color guy - very few cars make the cut for me in white). The Chrome grill looks sober with white; and the car looks quite elegant in the color.

Edit::

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinks_69 View Post
...Having said that, Honda needs to retrospect whether their advertisements are not misleading people. For example they are quoting 17.8 KM per litre for petrol engines conveniently hiding behind the fact that it applicable to only one petrol variant E whereas for the others it is around 17.4 KM as compared to the 16.8 KM for the third generation vehicles...
That's how it is for every manufacturer. I think the slight difference is due to the higher weight of higher variants. It will be odd to see 6 different FEs displayed for 6 variants on the brochure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryogesh View Post
....Having said all these, I will certainly spend whatever they quote for the twin grill.
I am still wondering which idiot in Honda designed the stock front grill!...
Idiot? He probably has got his promotion & salary hike for this design. See the first line of yours above. Honda will surely manage good business for the twin grill and the designer is the reason for that revenue.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 10th January 2014 at 10:52.
swiftnfurious is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 10:47   #500
BHPian

I had paid 51k earlier and yesterday confirmed the V-MT petrol in Carnelian Red in Mumbai. Delivery mentioned is February-end to early-March. Was contemplating between the Red and the Brown but then the Red triumphed in the democracy of my house with a simple majority! Will update once I know of TD / deliveries of the petrol variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpshah68 View Post
Called up Arya Honda and Apex Honda here in Mumbai. Currently they do not have any petrol & CVT test drive vehicles available. They will be available only in the first week of february. Anyone can shed any more light on this?. Whether this is true?.
That's correct. Even Solitaire Honda in Andheri (Mumbai) doesn't have any petrol vehicles yet

Last edited by khan_sultan : 10th January 2014 at 10:55. Reason: back to back posts. please use multiquote feature to quote & reply to multiple posts
Old 10th January 2014, 11:13   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinks_69 View Post
Having said that, Honda needs to retrospect whether their advertisements are not misleading people. For example they are quoting 17.8 KM per litre for petrol engines conveniently hiding behind the fact that it applicable to only one petrol variant E whereas for the others it is around 17.4 KM as compared to the 16.8 KM for the third generation vehicles.
I think we should complement them for the transparency.

Every advertisement about a product will talk about the best. All the car manufactures including Honda are advertising the best features (like push button start/stop when these are available in the top variant)

Having said this, in the brochure provided to the potential buyers, they have mentioned FE of each variant. That means they are not misleading. Which other manufactures provides this minor detail?.

I am sure each of us will check the details before buying a car. In case of items such as soap or biscuit, we may buy just by looking at the ad and not on the details provided on the wrapper.
ambadan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 12:35   #502
BHPian

Received a call from Honda this morning because I had registered my name on their site,. It was a Delhi number. The lady on the phone started off with what's great about the new Honda City. I cut her off and asked am interested in a test drive in Bangalore for the petrol model, and the dealers say no TD vehicle available, so I want to know when can one be made available.

Response: Sir, only the dealer can tell when a petrol TD will be available.
Me: Are you not calling from Honda? Wouldn't you know when you're planning to dispatch TD vehicles to major cities?
Response: Sir, only dealer will know because it will be as per requirement
Me: What requirement?? The dealer says TD vehicle will be available in Feb/March.
Response: Sir, can I put you on hold?
Me: Why?
Response: Sir, when can I call you back?
Me: With information on petrol TD vehicle?
Response: Yes sir, in an hour's time?
The Surprised Me: Sure

Been more than 2 hours now. No phone calls from Honda. I wonder how much more nonsense can be cooked up by car manufacturers in India! Why did she have to call in the first place if she didn't know ANYthing?

Last edited by Tats07 : 10th January 2014 at 12:37.
Old 10th January 2014, 12:36   #503
BHPian

I drive a Honda City 2010 Ivtec Automatic V Variant. The car front bonnet has sound deadening insulation even though its quite a silent petrol motor and the new 2014 petrol variants don't to have it all, even GTO metioned it in the review.
Thats some serious cost cutting.

Honda has put the sound deadening insulation only in the diesel variants.
Quite disappointed with it.
Old 10th January 2014, 12:53   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand89 View Post
Feb/March is too much of a wait I believe. We may even get our vehicle delivered before the TD vehicle arrives!(I have no idea when deliveries will start for petrol City) May be Honda is banking on the fact that many people loved the engine in 3rd gen and by keeping the same engine people needn't TD petrol City. I thought of booking the petrol City this sat. But now I'm in two minds.
Understandably, Honda is giving priority to Diesel City for following reasons:
1. India is still a diesel dominated market so Honda doesn't want to have a long waiting period for diesel City buyers
2. I think Honda makes slightly more profit by selling diesel cars
3. There is a huge amount of investment that Honda has made for designing and developing diesel engine. I am sure that Honda has a break even target in terms of number of units of diesel engines to be sold.

Last year, Honda sold about 60,000 units of Amaze of which 70% was diesel. This means that in total 42,000 diesel units were sold by Honda last year while their break even target would be in lacs. All the more reason why Honda will prioritize delivery and sale of diesel cars in City and upcoming launch of Jazz and Mobilio.

Beginning of last year the sale of diesel : petrol cars was 4:1 which by end of last year changed to 2:1. There was a significant shift in demand from diesel car to petrol car. If the same trend continues this year and with the looming threat of Government reducing subsidy on diesel, it is only wise for Honda to sell as many diesel cars as possible at the earliest.
Old 10th January 2014, 14:14   #505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryogesh View Post
Here is the road tax on ex-showroom for Karnataka:

less than 5 Lakhs: 12%
between 5 and 10 Lakhs: 13%
more than 10 Lakhs: 16%

In addition to this, there is a 10% CESS on the road tax (not on the ex-showroom price).

source: http://www.rto.kar.nic.in/feestaxcss.html
OT - Actual road tax in Karnataka is as follows:

5 to 10L: ~15.5% including Cess of 10%
10L to 20L: ~18.7% including Cess of 10%
20L+ : ~22% including Cess of 10%

I am not sure about <5L.

Pricing of 2014 City looks VFM but Honda should have priced VX MT for less than 10L in Karnataka as this will reduce OTR by almost 35K.

Last edited by djay99 : 10th January 2014 at 14:16.
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 18:49   #506
Distinguished - BHPian

The petrol variants of the 2014 Honda City will be available from the second half of next month onwards, according to Mr. Shigeru Yamazaki, senior VP of marketing and sales, Honda Cars India.

Quote:
"70 percent of the bookings are for the diesel model out of 9,931 bookings as of 9th January 2013. As this is a new car, we are now in the ramp up period. It will take us some time for diesel and petrol to be made simultaneously. We decided to introduce the diesel first because many City customers asked for diesel. But the gap is just one month."
He also revealed that the Mobilio MPV will be launched in the next fiscal year.

DETAILS - http://indianautosblog.com/2014/01/h...al-year-111856
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 18:59   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
Received a call from Honda this morning because I had registered my name on their site,. It was a Delhi number. The lady on the phone started off with what's great about the new Honda City. I cut her off and asked am interested in a test drive in Bangalore for the petrol model, and the dealers say no TD vehicle available, so I want to know when can one be made available.

Response: Sir, only the dealer can tell when a petrol TD will be available.
Me: Are you not calling from Honda? Wouldn't you know when you're planning to dispatch TD vehicles to major cities?
Response: Sir, only dealer will know because it will be as per requirement
Me: What requirement?? The dealer says TD vehicle will be available in Feb/March.
Response: Sir, can I put you on hold?
Me: Why?
Response: Sir, when can I call you back?
Me: With information on petrol TD vehicle?
Response: Yes sir, in an hour's time?
The Surprised Me: Sure

Been more than 2 hours now. No phone calls from Honda. I wonder how much more nonsense can be cooked up by car manufacturers in India! Why did she have to call in the first place if she didn't know ANYthing?
Another Couple of questions from you and I am sure she would have been scared as hell!

I remember when I registered on Honda's Site when Honda City was just showcased in November-2013, I immediately got a call the next day from Honda trying to explain me some of the then known features and getting to know my location so that they can forward my details to the nearest dealer. I gave the required details....

Within 2 hours I got a call from the nearest dealer and the only thing they tell me is that they don't have a TD vehicle, they done have any details about the variant, no price details & no bookings started yet. I was in the office at that time or I would have yelled at them that I know all this stuff is not yet disclosed. Why do you need to call me and tell me that?
Old 11th January 2014, 12:22   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15:
I had paid 51k earlier and yesterday confirmed the V-MT petrol in Carnelian Red in Mumbai. Delivery mentioned is February-end to early-March.
Yesterday I went showroom to see Honda City 2014 and asked about the booking advance; I was shocked by the answer of salesperson who quoted 1 lakh for petrol and Rs 51,000 for Diesel. Why the difference? Can anybody confirm this!

Last edited by ddriver : 11th January 2014 at 12:24.
Old 11th January 2014, 12:31   #509
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I think the deliveries for the 2014 Honda City have begun. Saw a White one all decked up as if it was just delivered or getting to showroom for delivery.

The car loooked good from the rear. Some how the tires seems way too skiny.

Just for knowledge sake, what is the best tire size upgrade for someone who may be going for the E variant. A friend is considering the E diesel as its a good Value for money. He is confused between a fully loaded i20 Asta crdi and 2014 Honda City E variant.

2 completely different segments but pretty much the same price segment.

Thanks,
Old 11th January 2014, 15:25   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The petrol variants of the 2014 Honda City will be available from the second half of next month onwards, according to Mr. Shigeru Yamazaki, senior VP of marketing and sales, Honda Cars India.

He also revealed that the Mobilio MPV will be launched in the next fiscal year.

DETAILS - http://indianautosblog.com/2014/01/h...al-year-111856
When he said next fiscal year / financial year he meant Apr'14 to Mar'15. In fact in the presentation, Honda India President - Hironori Kanayama mentioned that in the next financial year Honda will launch 2 new models in new segments.

Following is the snapshot of his presentation slide:
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-honda.png  

Last edited by damager21 : 11th January 2014 at 15:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks