Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2014, 12:42   #586
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Did the test drive of SV variant today. Following are the observations.

1. I am satisfied with the performance of diesel engine. (Since I am planning petrol CVT, this is not a test case for me)
2. Instead of main road drive suggested by SA, I took the vehicle to a small road full of speed breakers and potholes (from More to HP near whitefiled honda, ORR) to check the ground clearance. It performed well even with some speed and 3 people inside. I feel you may not scratch the underbelly in most of the speed breakers.
3. Paired the phone and tested it. One small issue, though. In the address book, some of the names were missing (my friend connected his galaxy S4 and tried to call my number from the car address book. My name was missing in the address book shown in car, but was there in phone)
4. Provision for tweeter provided. May be we can add it to SV variant afterwards.
5. Car key is not a flip key.
6. Boot opening button is missing in the key(many hatchbacks are also providing this provision in the key)
7. While comparing 5" and 3 1/2" audio systems, I feel, I am not missing anything except the camera view. (Personally, I prefer audio warnings while reversing than looking at the camera). In my opinion, 5" screen with currently functionality is waste of space. If they provided GPS and Map, it would have been great.
8. AC panel is clearly visible even in the sunlight
9. Accessory list and price not available
10. Deep inside the dickey (where the spare wheel is stored) I could see some type of glue marks on both sides. Even though it is visible when you try to take the spare wheel, It looks ugly.

Few pictures which are specific to SV variant are below.

3 1/2" monochrome audio system. This photo is taken when it was sunny. See the AC control panel. It is very clear.
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_20140117_104120.jpg
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_20140117_104134.jpg

Tweeter provision (sorry for the bad quality)
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_20140117_110500.jpg

SV variant Key (non flippy key, boot button missing)
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_20140117_104214.jpg
ambadan is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th January 2014, 13:02   #587
BHPian

Just one question i can't see the usb music socket on the system is it provided on the SV model since it doesn't have a cd player
ishaanranderia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2014, 13:11   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishaanranderia View Post
Just one question i can't see the usb music socket on the system is it provided on the SV model since it doesn't have a cd player
It is provided below AC control panel. Please see the picture by GTO

http://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/Hond...da-city-01.jpg
ambadan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2014, 13:16   #589
BHPian

yeah i have seen that one just that it didn't seem visible on the image plus the aux input is up on the system itself unlike the V and VX model so just wanted to clarify, thanks. As long as its there
Old 18th January 2014, 16:38   #590
BHPian

Had a change of heart yesterday and decided to go for V Variant from SV. The dealer says my car has already come to the yard and any change now will be considered as a fresh booking and I'll have to wait for 2 months. I regret not booking "V" initially

This is the accessory price list. Sorry, I had mentioned the accessory alloy price as Rs.7500/- a piece, it is Rs. 9000/-. I was misinformed by my SA.

The accessory price list (Dakshin Honda, Bangalore)

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-accessory-price-list-001.jpg

Need advice from you all about the must have accessories amongst these.

Last edited by aniyahr : 18th January 2014 at 16:39.
aniyahr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2014, 17:10   #591
BHPian

Went to Highway Honda showroom today. The diesel VX model was on display - fully garnished with spoilers - front;side;rear - spots a sporty look as evident from the pictures. The interiors were huge - more like a ship cavern!! Somehow the five inch AV display does not do justice to a Rs. 12 lakh plus car. As per the SA, diesel test vehicle will be available after 26th January. Currently the waiting period for diesel city is around one month.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20140118-11.25.36.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20140118-10.28.35.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20140118-10.28.49.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20140118-10.13.55.jpg  

spinks_69 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th January 2014, 18:39   #592
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry for the delay guys, the initial ownership thread of my City VX-S is up now:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...er-family.html
Old 18th January 2014, 18:41   #593
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinks_69 View Post
Went to Highway Honda showroom today. The diesel VX model was on display - fully garnished with spoilers - front;side;rear - spots a sporty look as evident from the pictures.
IMO, those add-ons make the car looks a bit garish. It looks much more elegant in the stock form.
vb-saan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2014, 18:49   #594
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
IMO, those add-ons make the car looks a bit garish. It looks much more elegant in the stock form.
Agreed!

Although I must say that it may look better in darker colours, AND most importantly, with bigger shoes!
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2014, 19:44   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyahr View Post
Had a change of heart yesterday and decided to go for V Variant from SV. The dealer says my car has already come to the yard and any change now will be considered as a fresh booking and I'll have to wait for 2 months. I regret not booking "V" initially

This is the accessory price list. Sorry, I had mentioned the accessory alloy price as Rs.7500/- a piece, it is Rs. 9000/-. I was misinformed by my SA.

The accessory price list (Dakshin Honda, Bangalore)

Need advice from you all about the must have accessories amongst these.
Have u decided on V or SV?

For SV, parking sensors, mud guard, alloy wheels are the ones I will prefer. You can get the seat covers somewhere else.

The prices are too steep. I think Honda is not giving good dealer margin and asking them to get it through the sales of accessory.
ambadan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2014, 21:09   #596
BHPian

Checked out the City iDTEC at Magnum Honda on Kanakpura road. Drove for 1 Km and saw the 'Check Engine' light come on. Surprising this is came up on a car with 750 Km on ODO. Overall the car looks large, ride is comfortable, Clatter creeps into cabin at higher RPMs. Audio on the SV is a disappointment - looks very small, basic and non-premium - would expect better in a 12 lac (OTR Bangalore) car.
vista_qjd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 12:15   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post
Have u decided on V or SV?
Thanks for the advice. I have decided to go for SV. I think I'll install parking sensors, Visors, Side step Covers and Front and Rear Bumper protectors from the genuine accessory list.
Old 19th January 2014, 12:22   #598
BHPian

@aniyahr - Am absolutely keen to know what exactly are aero spoilers that cost Rs. 55,000! Can you please check with the dealer when you visit next? Thanks!

Last edited by Tats07 : 19th January 2014 at 12:24.
Old 19th January 2014, 15:41   #599
Senior - BHPian

I dont recollect any other car model offering such a drastic difference in the interiors as we see with the City. But still, this looks an ok marketing strategy given the price point at which they were able to start offering the car.

The base version interior;
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-base-city.jpg
sarathlal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 15:46   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
The base version interior;
I don't know if it's picture quality but that looks completely bland and worse than previous gen!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks