Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2014, 14:23   #661
Senior - BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

I wish Honda at least got the additional airbags and that Blue color on the car, if not anything else.

Easy guess some of these features from Thailand variant will trickle down to India in a year and sometime, when it's time for a re-fresh. My problem is I can't wait that long. :(
Old 24th January 2014, 14:56   #662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
if I book now, delivery can be expected in end of March. Was that a bluff ? Is there any way to find out ??
I guess not , from what I know Pride has been getting the cars in good numbers and they have been stocking the cars well to meet the requirement.
You can have a word with the sales team lead - Krishna there who is helpful and double check with him if he can assure the delivery.
I booked a diesel SV model and I was given a lead time of 1 week for the delivery , because of my finances I pushed the delivery to March else I should say they were ready from their end.

cheers,
pdma
Old 24th January 2014, 18:31   #663
Senior - BHPian

OK, I got a Honda City Diesel V Variant allocated to me from Dakshin Honda Bangalore I went to the stock yard on Hosur Road and took a look at the car. The stock tyres fitted are MRF ZVTV What is the take on this tyre from people here? Should I just swap it with Michelin? I am not sure if the dealer will do the replacement, I may need to pay some difference and get it done but want to know if it is worth the effort and cost?
Old 24th January 2014, 19:39   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
OK, I got a Honda City Diesel V Variant allocated to me from Dakshin Honda Bangalore I went to the stock yard on Hosur Road and took a look at the car.
Congratulations!

Need some info.
1. Have you paid the full amount? If yes when?
2. When have they promised the delivery?
3. Which Dakshin Honda? Hosur road or Lavelle..
Old 24th January 2014, 19:56   #665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyahr View Post
Congratulations!

Need some info.
1. Have you paid the full amount? If yes when?
2. When have they promised the delivery?
3. Which Dakshin Honda? Hosur road or Lavelle..

Q1>>My Loan from SBI was processed today and I completed the formalities in terms of the balance downpayment, ECS etc. I had booked the vehicle in Nov 2013 before the Launch.

Q2>>They have said it would take max of 5 working days to complete registration etc. They have said next step is that I would get a FORM-20 which I can sign online - so that should let me know of the progress they are making. I am hoping I get the car delivered by next Thursday/Friday.

Q3>>I had booked at Lavelle Road and hence had no choice but to continue with them. The stockyard for both Hosur Rd and Lavelle Road is the same I guess and its shared with Volkswagen! The security guy at the stockyard said these cars arrived 3 days back. At the stockyard I could see about 3 Silver Honda Cities and 2 Red ones. Only one was V ( the one allocated to me) and the rest were SV variants. They had plenty of Amaze Models also parked in the same yard. Not that I believe them much but DH Lavelle Road guy told me they have not yet delivered a single car so far...

Also while at SBI, the Bank guy said he came to know that a lot of people who had booked the Amaze have cancelled and switched to booking the new City.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2014, 11:16   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
In other news, Honda has launched the City in Thailand. What's extremely disappointing for India is that the Thai spec City gets Hill start assist and VSA stability control as standard across all variants. The top end V+ and SV+ goes a step further with side and curtain airbags which means 6 airbags.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Also, from the pics, the Thailand version gets these more too:
a) Rear adjustable head rests with center head rest
b) Boot lid is covered from inside
c) Additional buttons on the steering wheel (I suppose its Speech Recognition and folder select)
d) All black interiors
e) Foldable rear seats
f) GPS Navigation
g) A totally different interface on the display screen (looks more OEM and better than ours)
h) Better alloys design
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Also, the top variants at Thailand get the 185/55 R16 tyres.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
If VSA/ESP, better tyres etc. can be standard across the range in Thailand, why not in India? ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
The rear middle headrest is also omitted in the Indian variant. A basic but important feature to prevent a whiplash injury to the neck / fatality in case of a collision from the rear. The person sitting in the middle is in serious danger if there is no headrest.]
After reading all the above is there any doubt on why Honda decided on the so called global launch of New Honda City in India. There is no point in justifying an international launch from India if the features are not at par with the other markets.

We should realize that the major automobile companies still considers India as a market where any thing can be dumped...

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th January 2014 at 10:16. Reason: fixed quote-tags :)
spinks_69 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2014, 12:20   #667
BHPian

Quote:
OK, I got a Honda City Diesel V Variant allocated to me from Dakshin Honda Bangalore I went to the stock yard on Hosur Road and took a look at the car. The stock tyres fitted are MRF ZVTV What is the take on this tyre from people here? Should I just swap it with Michelin? I am not sure if the dealer will do the replacement, I may need to pay some difference and get it done but want to know if it is worth the effort and cost?
Congrats!

I can tell you from my experience, Honda didn't budge to change the tyres even when I threatened to cancel my booking. But if they do agree, for sure there will be no cost associated.

Michelin would certainly be an improvement over MRF, if Honda doesn't agree then suggest you do the swap from outside, and upsize to 185 if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinks_69 View Post
We should realize that the major automobile companies still considers India as a market where any thing can be dumped
If you check the price in that website, the top variant is 7.5L Baht. That translates to around 15L INR. Honda is wise enough not to commit such a pricing blunder in India.

Last edited by avisidhu : 25th January 2014 at 12:31.
avisidhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2014, 12:35   #668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
Congrats!
I can tell you from my experience, Honda didn't budge to change the tyres even when I threatened to cancel my booking. But if they do agree, for sure there will be no cost associated.

Michelin would certainly be an improvement over MRF, if Honda doesn't agree then suggest you do the swap from outside, and upsize to 185 if possible.
Thanks for the tip. I went round BLR and enquired pricing for such a swap. Michelin XM2 same size the best quote I got is an Exchange price of 12,000 for 5 Tyres, Wheel Balancing and Alignment and Nitrogen filling included. Michelin upsize to 185/65R15 would be another 1500 more at 13,500. Is this a good price? What is the impact of upsize from 175 to 185 on mileage of the City?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th January 2014 at 10:18. Reason: fixed quote tags :)
Old 25th January 2014, 14:20   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
Congrats!

Quote:
[Thanks for the tip. I went round BLR and enquired pricing for such a swap. Michelin XM2 same size the best quote I got is an Exchange price of 12,000 for 5 Tyres, Wheel Balancing and Alignment and Nitrogen filling included. Michelin upsize to 185/65R15 would be another 1500 more at 13,500. Is this a good price? What is the impact of upsize from 175 to 185 on mileage of the City?
Price wise I really cannot comment, but to give you an idea, I got XM2 185 for 5200 per tyre around 3 months back. You can check price of MRF tyres, ideally they should be taken back at almost similar price point. People who have gone for such swap can comment better.

Mileage drop I haven't calculated, but knowledgeable people on this forum have mentioned a drop of around .5 KMPL. I have noticed the following benefits of going for 185/65:

1) It fills the wheel well much better
2) Ride quality improves noticeably.
3) High speed stability, braking capability and road noise.

The speedo might have an error of 2-3% due to this upsize, which is within tolerable limits IMO.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th January 2014 at 10:21. Reason: fixed quote tags :)
Old 26th January 2014, 11:00   #670
BHPian

Is there anyone on this forum who got his/her City VX CVT delivered? If yes, when did you get the vehicle and what make of tyres it came with. Thanks.
Old 26th January 2014, 11:34   #671
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
SVP spoke about a flaw. When he turned ON the head lights, the display of AC touch screen control and 5" display both dimmed out significantly.
That is NOT a flaw; it's actually a feature! The glare from these displays at night can be inconvenient, hence they dim out at night. It's obvious that you don't need them to be as bright at night as they are during the day. Nearly every premium car today (and now, a lot of sub-10 lakh ones) have this auto-dimming feature.

Of course, if you don't like it that dim, you can always make the display brighter. The brightness level IS adjustable, hence I don't understand what the flaw is. From my review:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This ugly stalk (on the instrument console) is used to toggle through MID views and also dim the console + ICE display + climate control. Note that the dimmer works only in night mode (i.e. when the headlamps are on). The displays have a fixed illumination level for the day:
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th January 2014, 12:07   #672
BANNED

Yeah. That's a really great feature. I have it in my innova as well. The dial sets it.

You'd appreciate the feature when you drive at night.
Old 26th January 2014, 13:21   #673
BHPian

That's correct,the centre console illumination & instrument cluster gets dimmed after you switch on the head lights to reduce distraction during night driving or reduce distraction.
One issue that I noticed and even shared with the Honda SIEL representative is : in my ANHC S MT auto door locking doesn't happen after ignition or reaching particular speed.The rep mentioned it also as safety feature: from earlier instances of mishaps the occupants were not able to open the door because of this auto lock in a panic situation.Not sure if it could be the reason and if it is addressed in the new gen city.
Old 26th January 2014, 13:33   #674
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prancing Horse View Post
auto door locking doesn't happen

You could yet getting it enabled from the VCDS.
The service guys will do it for free (VW does it ) during your service ,or just get an appointment.

I'm pretty sure almost all cars now have auto impact sensing door unlocks ,so his argument is invalid.

Auto door locking is really convenient.
Old 26th January 2014, 16:40   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
That is NOT a flaw; it's actually a feature! The glare from these displays at night can be inconvenient, hence they dim out at night. It's obvious that you don't need them to be as bright at night as they are during the day. Nearly every premium car today (and now, a lot of sub-10 lakh ones) have this auto-dimming feature.

Of course, if you don't like it that dim, you can always make the display brighter. The brightness level IS adjustable, hence I don't understand what the flaw is. From my review:
The same feature is available in Brio as well. But I don't think it's adjustable in Brio (not checked). One reason will be safety/convenience. The other could be in nights the illumination requirement for instrument cluster will be less compared to day time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks