Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2014, 08:14   #721
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post

This cUTM olor also somehow looked really good on the ANHC....and now my wife is trying to convince me to get this color over White (she hasn't seen white yet) . This color did look pretty nice as well.

Also, has anyone tried taking insurance from outside.
We too liked the urban titanium and so I confirmed the color of my booking sometime last week.I had two other color's in my mind which spoiled my mental equilibrium for a while before finalizing the UT (thats how the SA called it).
The other 2 color's were White and Golden metallic brown.
I did not opt for white for the below reasons

1) I somehow feel white looses its sheen on the long run (We have a White Santro 2006 at home)
2) Even the tiniest black spots are clearly visible on white.
3) With the number of hits the car takes during negotiating traffic (thanks to all the sensible drivers on our roads) , each of these hits leave a nice black mark which is easily visible even from a distance specifically when the background is white.
4) I love waxing and polishing all my cars and somehow white does not elevate or compliment the hours of hard work I put in as it is a non metallic color.

Golden Metallic was ruled out because

1) I saw the car only in showroom lights and never had a chance to see that on road till now
2) The color is very glossy like the black and definitely would be a dust magnet and hence tough to keep it the same way (bright & shining).
3) New color and not sure if the same would be available after market down the line if we needed to get some touch-ups done for a cheaper price.

The Urban titanium now a days is more of less (with slight shade changes) available with all car manufactures. I always loved the city in this color specially the V model with chrome door handles.
I have a neighbor who has a Brio of the same color and it is usually parked on the street , when I pass by his car everyday I somehow feel the dust is not that visible on this color (can be my perception).

Regarding the insurance I spoke to my SA and after some hard discussions he finally agreed for Insurance from outside , Iam yet to get a final quote from some vendors but most probably I would be going with Bajaj as I would be getting no claim bonus as well from my previous policy.
The approx cost is around 18-20 k for SV whereas Honda assure was costing me 28.5k. I wil share more details on the type of insurance and the exact amount once things get finalized.

cheers,
pdma.
Old 1st February 2014, 09:07   #722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
This dealer stressed that tyre upgrade is not allowed as it will null the warranty.
Why cant Honda release some standard upgrades for the tyres and publish it. I see this discussion going on in multiple forums and there does not seem to be a clear cut answer to this question on whats allowed in terms of a tyre upsize
Old 1st February 2014, 09:12   #723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post

Regarding the insurance I spoke to my SA and after some hard discussions he finally agreed for Insurance from outside , I am yet to get a final quote from some vendors but most probably I would be going with Bajaj as I would be getting no claim bonus as well from my previous policy.
The approx cost is around 18-20 k for SV whereas Honda assure was costing me 28.5k. I wil share more details on the type of insurance and the exact amount once things get finalized.

cheers,
pdma.
Congrats!

NCB can be availed form any insurance company. You do not have to stick to the same Insurance company.

Surrender the Insurance, get NCB certificate - Produce this certificate during the time you take new Insurance. that's it!
Chethan B G is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2014, 11:52   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post

NCB can be availed form any insurance company. You do not have to stick to the same Insurance company.

Surrender the Insurance, get NCB certificate - Produce this certificate during the time you take new Insurance. that's it!
Thanks Chetan, I was not aware of this and this is definitely a very useful post for me. I will start to check on this process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Why cant Honda release some standard upgrades for the tyres and publish it. I see this discussion going on in multiple forums and there does not seem to be a clear cut answer to this question on whats allowed in terms of a tyre upsize
If they do that they will be loosing an opportunity to void the warranty for silly reasons which Honda is already known for.
So strictly in the interest of their business I don't think they would do that .
Old 1st February 2014, 12:06   #725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
If they do that they will be loosing an opportunity to void the warranty for silly reasons which Honda is already known for.
So strictly in the interest of their business I don't think they would do that .
What exactly does Warranty becoming void mean? Would it be on the entire car including engine etc. or only the suspension or some specific area?
Old 1st February 2014, 14:16   #726
BHPian

Quote:
What exactly does Warranty becoming void mean? Would it be on the entire car including engine etc. or only the suspension or some specific area?
Technically speaking the warranty is void only for the part modified / changed or subsequent effected parts because of the change.

To be honest , most of dealers just try to bulldoze over the customers on this broad topic of warranty. In some cases the customer rapport with the dealer has also proven to be an important point where the dealer chose to ignore the changes / modifications or to outrightly reject the warranty claim.

cheers,
pdma.
Old 2nd February 2014, 00:31   #727
BHPian

Hi GTO & Other Reviewers,

I'm back to Team BHP seeking help from the mind blowing reviews after a gap of 4 years.

My Accent GLE 2005 is still strong, clocking 108000+ kms without an engine failure as most people used to terrify me that this is an obvious thing to happen after 100,000+. However, now it's time for me to look for a newer car and has rounded to two:

Ford Ecosport
Honda City 2014

Test Driven a Ford Ecosport top end diesel and was impressed with the power and handling (compared to accent lol) but seriously didn't like the hard clutch (probably because of a demo car). No petrol ecosport available for a test drive. Requested the sales guy for one

I do not need a Diesel since my monthly commute will not go beyond 2000 kms or at a max 2500 kms.

That made my mind to look at the new Honda City Petrol. Again hate pressing the clutch in boring traffics. I really need a help in getting a real world mileage of the IVTEC and CVT versions?

Adarsh

Last edited by Technocrat : 2nd February 2014 at 02:54. Reason: Only two smilies per post allowed, please read the forum rules carefully before proceeding further. Thanks
Old 2nd February 2014, 01:45   #728

hello everyone!!

First of all cheers for the Team Bhp community and its reviewers who are keeping this thread regarding the ANHC regularly updated at the same time making it more and more informative with every post day by bay.
(I am new to Team-Bhp and feel great being a part of such awesome community)

I have a question mainly for the reviewers:
Have you guys got a chance to test drive and review the ANHC with Cvt transmission VX variant? (Yes, i have already booked it and thus want to know more about it)
I have heard that there are noise problems always associated with CVT transmission cars, so has that changed with the ANHC? Is the noise lesser than or more than the diesel counterpart of it?
I test drove the diesel ANHC and felt that the noise inside the cabin was not at all high, so it will be ok with me if the noise of ANHC with Cvt transmission is equal to or lesser than its diesel counter part.
Old 2nd February 2014, 08:19   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post

Ford Ecosport
Honda City 2014
Hello Adarsh,

We are talking about 2 different cars here. One a proper sedan and another a look alike of SUV.
If space is what you are looking for then it should be Honda City.
If you are looking for more safety features and more electronic Gizmos then Ecosport it is (Titanium O).
In terms of reliability and after sales both Honda and Ford are pretty good.
Ford has come a long way and has gradually gained on customer satisfaction whereas Honda did not have any major issues around this area all through their tenure in India. Bottom line as on today both manufactures have good credits.

Iam not sure about the dynamics and ride quality of the Ecosport as I never had a chance to drive one , but may be Honda will score a point here as the car is more grounded and not a tall boy like the Ecosport.

We will have to wait for the real time FE figures for the petrol versions in Honda as the delivers are only expected in March.

I guess there is a long wait list for Ecosport (hope it is smaller for petrol versions) and Honda is planing to deliver its first petrol versions by March.

Honda has produced India's finest petrol engines and yes I know Iam leaning towards it , but is this not a known fact.

From FE & performance perspective I guess we have 1.0 Ecoboost available in Ecosprot which balances the fun to drive element with FE in an acceptable manner whereas in Honda its the standard engine all across and the 1.5 L engine would be more fun however as mentioned FE in real time is still a question unanswered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarrungta View Post
Have you guys got a chance to test drive and review the ANHC with Cvt transmission VX variant?
I have heard that there are noise problems always associated with CVT transmission cars, so has that changed with the ANHC? Is the noise lesser than or more than the diesel counterpart of it?
I test drove the diesel ANHC and felt that the noise inside the cabin was not at all high, so it will be ok with me if the noise of ANHC with Cvt transmission is equal to or lesser than its diesel counter part.
Hello Sagar,

I dont think anyone of us had a chance to drive the petrol versions as they are still unavailable for test drives at the dealerships.
As per the last conversation I had with my SA the test drive vehicles are expected to be available by around 3rd week of Feb here in Hyderabad.

Regarding the CVT , I don't think there would be any issues with the noise. I have been using a 2005 CVT from almost a month which belongs to a cousin of mine as a stop gap arrangement until my car is delivered and I never felt any issues with the noise. It is smooth as any other petrol engine.
Also the noise of any petrol engine would be far lesser than the most refined diesel engines , in case of Honda as we all know the engine clatter is higher so for sure the noise of CVT will be much lower than its diesel sibling (in fact may not be an apt comparison)

In general for everyone out there please note that the Vx Diesel Variant comes in with special sound insulation which is not available in other variants. In my case I had a chance to test drive SV to decide on the noise levels, I would recommend and suggest everyone to check this aspect before you book your cars. Iam sure most of the TD cars are Vx.
Iam not very sure how much difference this feature can make but still something worth while to take a note of. The below picture is from the official broucher.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-sound-insulation.jpg  

Last edited by pdma : 2nd February 2014 at 08:26. Reason: change of words
pdma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2014, 08:24   #730
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Cars India have sold 7,184 Citys in the month of January. 2nd bestseller from the Honda stable? (Amaze numbers = 7,398)

Official Press Release:

Quote:
1st February, 2014: Honda Cars India Ltd. (HCIL), leading manufacturer of premium cars in India, recorded its highest ever monthly sales with 15714 units in January 2014 registering a growth of 188%, riding on the success of the newly launched all new Honda City.

The company sold 5451 units in the corresponding month last year.

The Jan’14 sales result reflects a strong growth over the past few months attributed to the enormous consumer response to the Honda Amaze and the all new Honda City.

Expressing delight on the company’s performance Mr. Jnaneswar Sen, Sr. Vice President – Marketing & Sales, Honda Cars India Ltd. said, “We have started the year on a positive note. We have received an overwhelming response to all new Honda City and the Honda Amaze continues to do strong sales. We would like to thank our customers for their constant support in achieving our highest ever monthly sales.”

HCIL also exported a total volume of 88 units during January 2014.

The company also achieved the milestone of crossing 1 lac units sales for the first time during the current financial year. It sold 101370 units in Apr’13– Jan 14 period registering a growth of 78% .The company’s sales for the corresponding period last year was at 56929 units.

Model wise sales break-up for January 2014:

Brio 1015
Amaze 7398
City 7184
CRV 117
Domestic Total 15714
Exports 88
Grand Total 15802
https://hondacarindia.com/mediaCente...aspx?pr_id=298

Last edited by RavenAvi : 2nd February 2014 at 08:26.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2014, 09:42   #731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Honda Cars India have sold 7,184 Citys in the month of January. 2nd bestseller from the Honda stable? (Amaze numbers = 7,398)

Official Press Release:

https://hondacarindia.com/mediaCente...aspx?pr_id=298
Wow - Does anyone have any links to sales of cars in the Honda City segment? Has the city become the segment leader upon launch ?
Old 2nd February 2014, 10:20   #732
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Wow - Does anyone have any links to sales of cars in the Honda City segment? Has the city become the segment leader upon launch ?
Sales have declined across almost all car companies except Honda & Ford. Exact numbers are yet to be seen but it's safe to assume that the City's nearest competitor, the Hyundai Verna, has been dethroned from it's C2 segment top spot, since Hyundai India reports a decline in sales as well.

The City is indeed #1 in the C2 segment for January 2014. It's also safe to assume that it has broken into the top 10 cars by sales volume as well, judging by it's numbers (should be in-between the 6th-10th spots).

The official Team-BHP thread on January 2014 Sales should provide the exact picture. Wait till that comes out.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-th_02_trend_col_ep_1741019g.jpg

http://www.thehindu.com/business/Ind...cle5642502.ece

Last edited by RavenAvi : 2nd February 2014 at 10:22.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2014, 10:50   #733
BHPian

It's good to see Honda making no fuss on delivery schedule. Same was done with Amaze and same here. This is a blockbuster start!
Old 2nd February 2014, 10:57   #734
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
It's good to see Honda making no fuss on delivery schedule. Same was done with Amaze and same here. This is a blockbuster start!
The 3rd shift in their plants has boosted production from ~450 cars to ~600 cars per day, and that has helped immensely in catching up with the demand for the Amaze and the City.

Hats off to the Honda management for foreseeing this in advance and getting it started from November 2013 itself.
Old 2nd February 2014, 13:40   #735
BHPian

Thanks pdma. I'm going to test drive a Diesel version of the Honda City since petrol version as you said is still not available. The main purpose for my test drive is to check the interior space.

Same case with Ecosport. no petrol bookings being taken now. I think I just need a petrol vehicle due to my short trips and occasional long trips. Adding to it, the sales guy mentioned about the service cost. 3000+ bucks for Petrol on a paid service and 7000+ for Diesel which is again supporting my thinking of taking a petrol car.
adarsh76 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed