Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2014, 13:57   #751
Senior - BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Here comes the second car on Team BHP. Many congratulations !!!. Looking forward for a good write up as soon as you find sometime.
Yes as pointed out earlier by eq24 I also see a possibility of Honda pushing the prices up gradually trying to cash on the popularity and taking the unethical path of Ford.
Sure - as soon as I get the time for a long drive will put in a write up.

Immediate comments: Graduating from a 3 cylinder Accent CRDi to the ANHC has been pure bliss. The sound related complaints coming from the petrol owners are unavoidable but by diesel engine standards I have no issues and I have nothing to complain about

Interiors are amazing...and the little city driving that I have done so far - its been a great experience. I immediately swapped the stock MRF ZVTV tyres to Michelin XM2 195/60 R15 as recommended on this forum right after delivery...
vsrivatsa is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 15:18   #752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
I'll share the details of the SA at Dakshin as well who did confirm that upsizing tyres will not void Honda warranty.
Are they telling this orally? What if they go back on a later date and say "we have not told this, It is Honda policy. SA was not aware, etc" ?
Old 4th February 2014, 15:24   #753
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post
Are they telling this orally? What if they go back on a later date and say "we have not told this, It is Honda policy. SA was not aware, etc" ?
Spoke with the Service Manager of Classic Honda about this. I was made to understand that the warranty on the steering and the suspension will lapse if the tires are upgraded. Rest of the car will remain covered as before.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 18:52   #754
BHPian

New city owners - after the tyre upgrades - how is the ground clearance - does the new city bottom scrape speedbreakers, potholes ?
I have seen too many city's & jazz's bottom scraping - since i do a lot of highway driving on not so good highways - this is a key factor on deciding for/against the city..

will it do the Manali - Leh highway ? :-)
Old 4th February 2014, 19:39   #755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1 View Post
New city owners - after the tyre upgrades - how is the ground clearance - does the new city bottom scrape speedbreakers, potholes ?
I have seen too many city's & jazz's bottom scraping - since i do a lot of highway driving on not so good highways - this is a key factor on deciding for/against the city..

will it do the Manali - Leh highway ? :-)
I have been driving a Honda City for the past 2 years, without any tyre upgrade. My Honda City, bought 2 years ago, has a ground clearance of 165 mm (official). I drive a lot in and around Mumbai/Navi Mumbai and also to places like Pune, Mahabaleshwar, Lonavla Khandala, Lavasa, etc quite frequently. It may be surprising for someone, but I have no experience of scraping speedbreakers, potholes etc. One reason may be is that most of the time the car is occupied only by me, my wife and 6 year old kid. But lat tiem I went to Mahabaleshwar and returned with full weight, 5 adults and 2 kids, and even then, surprisingly the car scraped nowhere. Sometimes I feel that the City scrapping speedbreakers is more of a myth than a reality. But I may be wrong also, comments welcome!
Old 4th February 2014, 20:03   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I got the New Honda city iDTEC V-MT Silver Colour delivered today from Dakshin Honda, Lavelle Road. The Manager at DH, Lavelle Road told me that this is the first new Honda City to roll out from the Lavelle Road DH Showroom
Congratulations!

I took delivery of mine on Sunday (from Hosur Road DH). Couldn't come here as I was busy for the last couple of days.

I saw quite a few cars in the yard when I visited last week to see mine. I wonder why they are not delivering it.

Few issues I noticed (I had been on a 200 Km drive yesterday)...

1.I feel the thigh support on the front seats could have been better. It barely supports 3/4th of the length (and I am only 168 cms tall !). Somehow it kept bothering me through out the drive. Now I have decided to go for leather seats with augmented thigh support (got a quote from "Marvin" leather Studio on CV Raman Road). Mine is SV MT. If I am not wrong, the seats are the same in both V and SV. What's your experience?

2. I will also get a tyre upgrade. Though, I didn't find that much of an issue with the stability (But then I didn't cross 100 Kmph). And yes, I also have MRF on mine.

3. I am missing reverse camera. Should've gone for "V"

4. Put a Diesel sticker on the Fuel Tank Lid. City means petrol for most of them.

Happy Motoring

Last edited by moralfibre : 7th February 2014 at 10:49. Reason: Only two smileys per post please.
aniyahr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 20:24   #757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyahr View Post
Congratulations!
I took delivery of mine on Sunday (from Hosur Road DH). Couldn't come here as I was busy for the last couple of days.
Congratulations!!

Quote:
1.I feel the thigh support on the front seats could have been better. It barely supports 3/4th of the length (and I am only 168 cms tall !). Somehow it kept bothering me through out the drive. Now I have decided to go for leather seats with augmented thigh support (got a quote from "Marvin" leather Studio on CV Raman Road). Mine is SV MT. If I am not wrong, the seats are the same in both V and SV. What's your experience?
I haven't gone on any long drives. My earlier car Accent CRDI was even more low slung - so I am finding the New City very comfortable.

Quote:
2. I will also get a tyre upgrade. Though, I didn't find that much of an issue with the stability (But then I didn't cross 100 Kmph). And yes, I also have MRF on mine.
I drove to A1 Car Care directly from the showroom and got them changed. I got 3000 per tyre for the MRF ZVTV. If you use the tyres the resale value will go down a lot...

Quote:
3. I am missing reverse camera. Should've gone for "V"
You can get reverse camera fitted as accessory easily these days but yes, it is definitely a necessity for the City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
To add, which tyres were you provided with (manufacturer) and are you planning to upgrade tyres immediately ? I'll share the details of the SA at Dakshin as well who did confirm that upsizing tyres will not void Honda warranty.
I was provided with MRF ZVTV tyres and as was already spoken about on the Forum, the DH guys did not budge to change the tyre. They said its factory fitted and they wont touch it. I upgraded soon after I took delivery to 195/60R15 Michelin XM2. I demanded A1 Car Care guy to get me the tyres which have a recent date and I got it with Week 50 of 2013 which means its December 2013 tyres My friend recently upgraded his tyres to Michelin Primacy 3ST on the 3rd Gen HC and he is also very happy with those tyres as well...

Last edited by moralfibre : 7th February 2014 at 10:50. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use EDIT/Multi-Quote feature instead of typing one post after another withing 30 minutes
vsrivatsa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 20:30   #758
BHPian

Honda City : Official Review

Hi Guys,

Booked a VX MT, Urban Titanium today at Pride Honda Madhapur. The delivery time seems to be a month or so. The SA didn't promise a date though.

Does anyone know the price of the stock alloys?, I plan to change them so to pay the difference I need to know the stock alloy price.

Last edited by Amarendranath : 5th February 2014 at 20:31.
Old 5th February 2014, 22:49   #759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Hi Guys,

Booked a VX MT, Urban Titanium today at Pride Honda Madhapur. The delivery time seems to be a month or so. The SA didn't promise a date though.

Does anyone know the price of the stock alloys?, I plan to change them so to pay the difference I need to know the stock alloy price.
Congratulations!!!
I booked White VX diesel on 22nd November and still awaiting delivery. They are now saying March.

I have inquired about changing the stock rims with optional rims. They say, it cant be done. They would need a bill for the stock rims to sell them at showroom and since the rims cost is included in the car, it cant be billed separately.
Old 6th February 2014, 22:35   #760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1 View Post
how is the ground clearance - does the new city bottom scrape speedbreakers, potholes ?
... this is a key factor on deciding for/against the city..
Is the minimum ground clearance of the 2014 City 165 mm ? I doubt it. The clearance between the front wheels looks much less than that more like about 110mm

I'm very eager to know whether it will clear big speed breakers in and around Bangalore.

Apprehension about the 2014 City low ground clearance is making me think about going for Vento instead.
Old 6th February 2014, 22:55   #761
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Is the minimum ground clearance of the 2014 City 165 mm ? I doubt it. The clearance between the front wheels looks much less than that more like about 110mm. I'm very eager to know whether it will clear big speed breakers in and around Bangalore. Apprehension about the 2014 City low ground clearance is making me think about going for Vento instead.
Before I finalized the car I tried the speed bumps with full load during the Test Drive. They have made the suspension harder and it does not bottom out. Although I agree with your observation about the front - it is low and I find this to be a danger while parking till I get used to the front length of the car. The front portion is low enough to hit every kerb in Bangalore if you don't stop within the right distance while parking...
vsrivatsa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 08:59   #762
BHPian

Just now talked to Honda customer care.

Honda is delaying the launch of petrol variant to March (They announced earlier that it will be mid feb). Executive is not even telling which week of march. He says by feb end, Honda will inform Dealers.

It seems Honda wants to deliver maximum diesel vehicles. They know that petrol customers don't have much choice as Honda petrol is the best in MT and Vento AT delivery period is also more.
Old 7th February 2014, 10:47   #763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
No temperature gauge provided and over 90% of us are going to miss it (related thread).
Folks,

Sorry if this has already been discussed...does someone has experience with the way it works for the All New Honda City. I went over the related thread but could not find the exact information.

I'm assuming even in new model they have indicator which turns on once the engine gets heated. Comparing it to the analogue dial, does the light come up when the needle crosses little more than midpoint towards red side or when its very critical.

The reason I'm asking is that I had this problem on my i10 where there used to be intermittent issue with the engine fan. Based on tips from some members here and the temperature gauge, I was safely able to get my car to the workshop by rolling down windows and turning on heater (without pressing AC button). and keeping a close watch on gauge to ensure I do not damage the engine.

Also, some cars have started coming with indicator when engine is really cold. Is that applicable for this car?

Last edited by neel911 : 7th February 2014 at 11:14.
Old 7th February 2014, 11:40   #764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Congratulations!!!

I booked White VX diesel on 22nd November and still awaiting delivery. They are now saying March.

I have inquired about changing the stock rims with optional rims. They say, it cant be done. They would need a bill for the stock rims to sell them at showroom and since the rims cost is included in the car, it cant be billed separately.

Here it's a different story. Green honda guys say that the stocks cost around 32,400/- the alloys shown in the online brochure also cost the same price So can be swapped easily by paying minimal amount. However as i have booked at pride honda they have to confirm the same. Also I changed the color to silver yesterday. Still in dilemma in the color
Old 7th February 2014, 11:54   #765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Here it's a different story. Green honda guys say that the stocks cost around 32,400/- the alloys shown in the online brochure also cost the same price So can be swapped easily by paying minimal amount. However as i have booked at pride honda they have to confirm the same. Also I changed the color to silver yesterday. Still in dilemma in the color
That's pretty nice then.

On a related note, after market alloys will get a bit more expensive now: http://articles.economictimes.indiat...estic-industry

I spoke to the guy where I usually go for all my car related upgrades after market and he confirmed the same. As my ANHC SV CVT, is not expected to come anytime before March, I'll have to get alloys at the revised price

Most Viewed