Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2014, 15:17   #766
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Is the minimum ground clearance of the 2014 City 165 mm ? I doubt it. The clearance between the front wheels looks much less than that more like about 110mm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Although I agree with your observation about the front - it is low and I find this to be a danger while parking till I get used to the front length of the car. The front portion is low enough to hit every kerb in Bangalore if you don't stop within the right distance while parking...
I have measured the ground clearance of both the 3rd and 4th generation Honda City and it comes exactly 165 mm - or to be more precise the size of a Samsung Mobile 6.5 inch which we carry in our hands

Surprisingly the bottom of the car (both generations) did not touch a single speed breaker while fully loaded with five passengers at all times.
Old 7th February 2014, 15:31   #767
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinks_69 View Post
I have measured the ground clearance of both the 3rd and 4th generation Honda City and it comes exactly 165 mm - or to be more precise the size of a Samsung Mobile 6.5 inch which we carry in our hands

Surprisingly the bottom of the car (both generations) did not touch a single speed breaker while fully loaded with five passengers at all times.
I guess it looks that way because the gap towards the back of the car is higher than the gap from the ground towards the front of the car. Just checked and "Ground clearance is defined as the distance between the lowest point on the vehicle and the road" which means what you are saying is correct and towards the rear end we get more clearance from the ground...
Old 8th February 2014, 06:48   #768

Quote:
I got the New Honda city iDTEC V-MT Silver Colour delivered today from Dakshin Honda, Lavelle Road. The Manager at DH, Lavelle Road told me that this is the first new Honda City to roll out from the Lavelle Road DH Showroom
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyahr View Post
Congratulations!

I took delivery of mine on Sunday (from Hosur Road DH). Couldn't come here as I was busy for the last couple of days.
Congratulations guys! We will be taking the delivery of our White City SV MT tomorrow. Excited!

We were supposed to take our delivery last Sunday, but couldn't. The manager had informed us that if taken, ours would be the first car rolling out of Lavelle Road Showroom.

Quote:
I drove to A1 Car Care directly from the showroom and got them changed. I got 3000 per tyre for the MRF ZVTV. If you use the tyres the resale value will go down a lot...

I was provided with MRF ZVTV tyres and as was already spoken about on the Forum, the DH guys did not budge to change the tyre. They said its factory fitted and they wont touch it. I upgraded soon after I took delivery to 195/60R15 Michelin XM2. I demanded A1 Car Care guy to get me the tyres which have a recent date and I got it with Week 50 of 2013 which means its December 2013 tyres My friend recently upgraded his tyres to Michelin Primacy 3ST on the 3rd Gen HC and he is also very happy with those tyres as well...
How much did the Michelin XM2 195/60 R15 cost?
Old 8th February 2014, 16:49   #769
Senior - BHPian

Michelin XM2 costed 5750/- per tyre. Congrats on the new car !!!
Old 8th February 2014, 20:58   #770
BHPian

Went to capital Honda today morning to get my car Serviced. It was all raining diesel models in display and SA said petrol delivery would start sometime in March.

Was skeptical about the front grill when I saw the photos, but it looked pretty good in flesh.
Interior plastic quality was excellent except the AC knob which kinda looked a bit tacky when compared to other buttons and plastic parts.
Noticed that the Rubber beading runs only half way around the door pad (just like polo's rubber beading) unlike the earlier model city where it used to run throughout the door pad.

At the rear seat there was oodle of space typical of any Honda. Gear throw was short and slick. Overall pretty neat product from Honda.
Old 8th February 2014, 21:46   #771
Senior - BHPian

After looking at the car in person, there is a good news and bad news -
Good news is that the front chrome grill does not look as bad as in the pictures. In fact, it looks pretty decent if not good.
The bad news is that the alloys look as tacky as in the pictures and spoils the look of the car.
Also, the rear lights are very well done but the rear is too high and there is lot of space in the boot and bumper which kind of looks bland.
Old 9th February 2014, 08:53   #772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall-e View Post
Interior plastic quality was excellent except the AC knob which kinda looked a bit tacky when compared to other buttons and plastic parts.
Which variant did you see? Starting mid variant, its all touch panel for AC/Auto climate control. You might have seen base variant. The touch panel is top class and looks super elegant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
The bad news is that the alloys look as tacky as in the pictures and spoils the look of the car.
Also, the rear lights are very well done but the rear is too high and there is lot of space in the boot and bumper which kind of looks bland.
Did you get a chance to look at the alloys from Honda Official Accessory ? From one of the posts earlier, it seems that some dealers are ready to swap the alloys and the customer has to pay difference. Not sure if all dealers are willing to do so.

Also, reg the rear, from what I've felt, it really depends on the color of the car. With some (white to be one of them), the rear looks very classy.
Old 9th February 2014, 11:09   #773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Which variant did you see? Starting mid variant, its all touch panel for AC/Auto climate control. You might have seen base variant. The touch panel is top class and looks super elegant.
It was e and S variant which has Manual AC control. Didn’t see those touch panel models on display. They had a package for e and s which includes Panasonic touchscreen DVD system, body coloured OVRM and Door handle for additional Rs 40,000.
Old 9th February 2014, 11:51   #774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall-e View Post
It was e and S variant which has Manual AC control. Didn’t see those touch panel models on display. They had a package for e and s which includes Panasonic touchscreen DVD system, body coloured OVRM and Door handle for additional Rs 40,000.
In that case, do have a look at SV model atleast. It's very well priced and has all good features. You can check pictures posted by GTO to get feel of it. Even the grill is different (chrome) and somehow looks really nice when you see it in person.

The package you mentioned has been posted by someone else as well in the thread.
Old 9th February 2014, 13:34   #775
BHPian

Don't know what is wrong with the team-bhp app, not able to upload photos. I'm not sure if all the dealers are willing to do the same, my dealer somehow agreed to do so and i made him promise he would swap the alloys during the delivery hope nothing gets changed in the last minute. There was a small confusion between me and the the sales executive, The stock alloys cost only 23000/- the earlier price of 32,400/- was for the additional accessory honda is providing. The below set costs 32,400.
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-photo-2.jpg

I plan to upgrade to the below Gunmetal finish which costs around 46,500.
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-photo-1.jpg

These might go well with a darker color but i feel the silver color would appeal more sporty once these are installed
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-photo-3.jpg
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-photo-4.jpg

Apart from these i asked for a mount on navigation set (MapmyIndia) i asked him if the projectors were available with them, he said he will get back on this. Also asked him if projectors would void warranty he said if its a plugin model then no issues with the warranty.
Old 9th February 2014, 13:41   #776
BHPian

Does upgrading of tyres decrease fuel efficiency? For new honda city, which is the recommended upgraded size?
Old 9th February 2014, 13:52   #777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm assuming even in new model they have indicator which turns on once the engine gets heated. Comparing it to the analogue dial, does the light come up when the needle crosses little more than midpoint towards red side or when its very critical. Also, some cars have started coming with indicator when engine is really cold. Is that applicable for this car?
Yes you get both these indicators on the New City. Find enclosed the images from the Manual.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-lowtemp.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-hightemp.jpg  

vsrivatsa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2014, 13:56   #778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post

I plan to upgrade to the below Gunmetal finish which costs around 46,500.

The alloy looks pretty neat and am sure would look nice. BTW, I love the ones that Verna is giving now for the high end models. This one also would look awesome on ANHC. I'm not sure what finish this one is though.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-verna_alloys.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Does upgrading of tyres decrease fuel efficiency? For new honda city, which is the recommended upgraded size?
There is actually a dedicated thread created for this. Please go over the same...it'll answer your questions. But for a short answer..the 195/60R15 would be a good upsize. There may be a marginal effect to FE.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...e-upgrade.html

Quote:
Yes you get both these indicators on the New City. Find enclosed the images from the Manual.
Quote:
Thanks. BTW, on the right side, I see messages on top of indicator. "Engine Temperature near Limit" / "Engine too Hot". Does it display the message as well on the display unit or its just either the blinking/constant indicator?

Last edited by neel911 : 9th February 2014 at 14:09.
Old 9th February 2014, 14:03   #779
BHPian

[quote=neel911;3365525]The alloy looks pretty neat and am sure would look nice. BTW, I love the ones that Verna is giving now for the high end models. This one also would look awesome on ANHC. I'm not sure what finish this one is though.

Attachment 1206039

Yes, initially i thought of the same, But the dealer will never do that, he will only swap only when the other set of alloys are from them. Also if i get them exchanged outside the dealership i will not get the dealer quoted price as the alloys look boring. And to avoid all the dealership headaches on warranty etc, getting everything done at the dealership itself. I have everything ready, all that is left is the frustrating waiting time!

Last edited by Amarendranath : 9th February 2014 at 14:06. Reason: missed out some information
Old 9th February 2014, 14:34   #780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. BTW, on the right side, I see messages on top of indicator. "Engine Temperature near Limit" / "Engine too Hot". Does it display the message as well on the display unit or its just either the blinking/constant indicator?
I saw the Blue come on once so far. That has no message and it went away after a few minutes of driving. Never seen the Red light so far...

Most Viewed