Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2014, 11:08   #1006
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Here is why I went for Same
1) New model in market & hence a shelf life of atleast 5 years
2) Space, Space and Space everywhere on the inside. Doesn't stop to amaze people who have sat in the car
3) Worry & Trouble free ownership experience of Honda as compare to Euro Diesel (4 years warranty & RSA with competent service centers)
4) Minimal or no turbo lag at lower RPMs making it a breeze or petrol like to drive in the city limits
5) Features on par with others in market
Old 28th February 2014, 12:19   #1007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipul_singh View Post
Had a little bit of time to kill today, and MS paint.

This car could have looked way better (IMO), this way (you gotta squint your eyes a bit):

Attachment 1212996
Totally agree man - anything that hides that horrendous chrome slab of a grill up front!

The custom accessory grill that Honda is offering looks much better - would have been cool to have that as standard. Seems to be Honda's strategy to sell accessories - stock grill, alloys etc don't look so good - the custom ones respectively are much better looking.
Old 28th February 2014, 15:12   #1008

Hello Team BHPians,

About a month back, I got the New Honda City - Deisel - V.

After driving it for about 1500 kms, here is my initial review. This is the 5th Honda car in my family ( so I guess, I know quite a bit about Hondas) and I hope you will find my review helpful.

This car is very much like the the Civic. Parked side by side, they are roughly the same size. the city has a longer interior and more leg room. The civic is a bit wider and the seats offer more support.

The City diesel is QUIETER and SMOOTHER than my Civic (petrol) on the highway when cruising at 100 +. There is zero tire noise and only a faint engine purring sound.

The engine pulls well and you do not feel the need for more power. Pickup is good, handling is good, suspension is excellent. I did a few trips to Delhi and the fuel economy was easily 22+. The 6th gear can be a little confusing and takes a bit of time to get used to. I found it only useful when cruising to get better fuel economy.

A few things that Honda can add to the wish list include: Sliding Armrest (like in the CIVIC), GPS Navigation, DVD player & an Automatic Deisel. The tires look skinny but are quite adequate for your everyday driving needs. I found no problems during hard acceleration or hard braking.

All in all. This car is definitely going to be a best seller for Honda and I am happy that I bought one.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-2.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-3.jpg  

anujgarg1 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th February 2014, 15:58   #1009
BHPian

Wanted to know if anyone on this forum has test driven the CVT?. It seems that the automatic test drive vehicle has not yet arrived at the the three dealerships that I enquired with here in Mumbai (Arya Honda, Linkway & Apex).
Old 28th February 2014, 16:13   #1010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujgarg1 View Post
Hello Team BHPians,

The City diesel is QUIETER and SMOOTHER than my Civic (petrol) on the highway when cruising at 100 +. There is zero tire noise and only a faint engine purring sound.
The City's diesel engine is quieter than the Civic's petrol one!

A little hard to digest, but Wow!
Old 28th February 2014, 16:50   #1011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpshah68 View Post
Wanted to know if anyone on this forum has test driven the CVT?. It seems that the automatic test drive vehicle has not yet arrived at the the three dealerships that I enquired with here in Mumbai (Arya Honda, Linkway & Apex).

I have checked with various dealers in Delhi and no one has CVT cars for test drive. They are expected to be available in first week of March.
Old 28th February 2014, 17:03   #1012
BHPian

Quote:
I did a few trips to Delhi and the fuel economy was easily 22+.
Great feedback. What sort of mileage figures are you seeing for city driving condition? I am sure that this number will go up after first service.
Old 28th February 2014, 17:11   #1013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
The City's diesel engine is quieter than the Civic's petrol one!

A little hard to digest, but Wow!
Congrats Anuj.
Usually, i hate silver color as its too boring but in New city it looks extremely good.

Yes, i too can't digest that. Whoever has driven both might not agree but then its individual perspective. Also, he said at speeds 100+ on highway which i have done in petrol but not in city so will have to check this out.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2014, 18:29   #1014

I guess, the reason reason why the city deisel feels quieter than the civic is due to the specially designed tires and loads of insulation used that cuts off all the outside sounds. My civic has Goodyear Eagle NCT 5 and they are definitly noisier than the previous Bridgeatone 250. That could be a factor as well.
Old 1st March 2014, 11:04   #1015

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhawan15 View Post
Great feedback. What sort of mileage figures are you seeing for city driving condition? I am sure that this number will go up after first service.
Haven't been able to check the mileage in city driving conditions yet. If the highway mileage is about 20 - 22, then the city driving should be somewhere between 14 and 16 kmpl.
Old 1st March 2014, 11:22   #1016

1st service time for my City, So far I have driven 1065kms, nothing much to complain about. The technician from Capital has just picked up the car! The max speed I have touched till now is about 100 KMPH which the car touched in 2000RPM.
Old 1st March 2014, 13:43   #1017
BHPian

Hi fellow BHPians,

I just recently joined the Team-BHP family and this is my first post on the forums. I reside in New Delhi and have been following Team-BHP for a long time. I'd quickly like to thank the team here for accepting me into this wonderful family of automobile lovers (yes, I'm guilty of the same as well!). I am really looking forward to participating here and interacting with the experienced members on various topics of discussion and learning and giving my two-cents as well.

Now, to keep the post relevant to the topic here, I have recently booked a Honda City i-DTEC VX model, Silver Color. The delivery is expected around mid-March. (very excited of course !)

A couple of things to point out.

I have been reading on these forums that the Diesel Engine seems to be noisy. However when I took the test drive (short one), I found it to be quite alright. I have never owned a Honda before and the sound-proofing under the bonnet definitely seemed like it helped. My family has always owned diesel cars and this is the main reason why we chose to opt for the Honda City i-DTEC.

Another point what I would like to know is regarding the tyres. Is it really that important to upsize from the current 175s ? I mean I have gone through the website www.tyrestore.in (which was posted by another member on a different thread) and it does recommend upsizing. Any guidance on this would be much appreciated.

Finally I'd like to know if anyone here has opted for any Accessories ? I myself have just gone for the Spoiler, a smooth, minimalistic trunk end moulding, just below the number plate and the side door scuff plates (front doors - illuminated, rear doors non-illuminated)
I was considering (at one point in time) to also get, what Honda calls, its Aero-Kit. This includes the front, rear bumpers, the spoiler and the side skirting. But after looking at a car in the showroom with this installed, I was like, yea..I don't think so. Kinda looked a bit too garish and gaudy for my taste. However, some people may like it, which is perfectly ok.
And since this is the VX model (top-end) I am getting the mud guards, body cover, mats as standard.

Well, sorry for the long (first-time) post here, and I hope that I can get some help and information on the above mentioned points.
Also please feel free to give me any other suggestions/pointers/information/(slack)

Thank You and I'm looking forward to being part of this amazing community.

Cheers
Old 1st March 2014, 14:59   #1018
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TkyoPandaMan View Post
...Another point what I would like to know is regarding the tyres. Is it really that important to upsize from the current 175s ? I mean I have gone through the website www.tyrestore.in (which was posted by another member on a different thread) and it does recommend upsizing. Any guidance on this would be much appreciated...
Congrats on the membership & the booking. For tyre upgrade query, please check the below thread.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...e-upgrade.html
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2014, 16:05   #1019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Haven't been able to check the mileage in city driving conditions yet. If the highway mileage is about 20 - 22, then the city driving should be somewhere between 14 and 16 kmpl.
City Driving has been 16 kmpl+ for me and 21kmpl on Highways...
More details of my first service experience @ URL
Old 1st March 2014, 16:34   #1020
Senior - BHPian

Honda city sold 7213 units in Feb-14, 50% of Honda sales & best numbers ever achieved by a million rupee car IMO .

More details here:

http://motorbash.com/new-city-goes-b...s-total-14543/

Last edited by CARDEEP : 1st March 2014 at 16:35.
CARDEEP is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks