Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2014, 17:39   #1021
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TkyoPandaMan View Post
Hi fellow BHPians,

Finally I'd like to know if anyone here has opted for any Accessories ? I myself have just gone for the Spoiler, a smooth, minimalistic trunk end moulding, just below the number plate and the side door scuff plates (front doors - illuminated, rear doors non-illuminated)
I was considering (at one point in time) to also get, what Honda calls, its Aero-Kit. This includes the front, rear bumpers, the spoiler and the side skirting. But after looking at a car in the showroom with this installed, I was like, yea..I don't think so. Kinda looked a bit too garish and gaudy for my taste. However, some people may like it, which is perfectly ok.
And since this is the VX model (top-end) I am getting the mud guards, body cover, mats as standard.

Cheers
Welcome!
I assume you are getting all accessories from dealer itself.
Do you have any pic for the spoiler? And how much was the cost?
LED scuff plates are quoted as 5k here by the dealer which I guess is almost same with all dealers.

Yes, I didn't like the Aero kit as well. Imo it looks better without it.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2014, 19:45   #1022
Senior - BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Honda city sold 7213 units in Feb-14, 50% of Honda sales & best numbers ever achieved by a million rupee car IMO .

More details here:

http://motorbash.com/new-city-goes-b...s-total-14543/
And here is the Official Press Release from Honda: URL
Old 1st March 2014, 20:50   #1023
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
The City's diesel engine is quieter than the Civic's petrol one!

A little hard to digest, but Wow!
I concur with this. The City diesel at 100kmph in 6th cruises at exactly 2000rpm. This is the sweet spot of this engine(much like in a Scorpio or a Safari). All you hear is a faint murmur from the engine and a bit of tire noise.

Go 120+ or drive with a heavy right foot and the cabin noise increases drastrically. But when cruising in the 100-110kmph range, the diesel City is shockingly refined. This also results in 22-24kmpl economy.
Old 1st March 2014, 23:14   #1024
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selvagp View Post
Probably not the right thread to ask this question. But I would appreciate people telling me what made them go for CITY Diesel, instead of other options like RAPID, Verna, Vento, Scala, Sunny. I am sure you at least thought about these before going for the final deal with CITY.
Selva, may be barring Hyundai Verna, no other sedan in this category has seen 7123 copies being sold in its second month ( Please correct me if I am wrong here).
I think Honda City is selling well, since its the "overall package" which counts rather than just being "Excellent" in a few areas.

Also the After Sales Service does matter a lot! I have seen very less complaints on City (in Team-BHP, Indian Car Dealerships section)when compared to say Rapid or Vento. This I am sure would be a deciding factor for most of the prospective owners. Agreed that newer cars do not need to visit the service stations quiet often, but its almost critical that whenever the car does visit the service station, the service remains decent!

I am sure in coming days we are going to see how things shape-up.
Old 2nd March 2014, 00:26   #1025
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Autocar India's March issue mentions that the City sold 7184 units in January.
Old 2nd March 2014, 14:11   #1026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TkyoPandaMan View Post
Finally I'd like to know if anyone here has opted for any Accessories ? I myself have just gone for the Spoiler, a smooth, minimalistic trunk end moulding, just below the number plate and the side door scuff plates (front doors - illuminated, rear doors non-illuminated)
I was considering (at one point in time) to also get, what Honda calls, its Aero-Kit. This includes the front, rear bumpers, the spoiler and the side skirting. But after looking at a car in the showroom with this installed, I was like, yea..I don't think so. Kinda looked a bit too garish and gaudy for my taste. However, some people may like it, which is perfectly ok.
And since this is the VX model (top-end) I am getting the mud guards, body cover, mats as standard.
Just wanted to point out one thing. The reverse camera does not come with any sound warning, something that I believe is very useful instead of focusing continuously on screen. Also, though the mud guard is part of VX trim, the body cover and mats are not. You must have paid to the dealer when you booked the car. It's normally present in the price list under "Dealer Essential Kit " column. I didn't want the body cover so got that amount reduced from final price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Welcome!
I assume you are getting all accessories from dealer itself.
Do you have any pic for the spoiler? And how much was the cost?
LED scuff plates are quoted as 5k here by the dealer which I guess is almost same with all dealers.

Yes, I didn't like the Aero kit as well. Imo it looks better without it.
All accessories with pictures are available at Honda site: https://hondacarindia.com/allnewcity...oriesMore.html

Accessory List/Price from Dakshin Honda here for comparison (Sorry, this was already posted earlier but I'm not able to find that post so uploading again ) : 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-dakshin_honda_city_access.jpg

Last edited by neel911 : 2nd March 2014 at 14:21.
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2014, 20:44   #1027
BHPian

Rotfl. Just noticed the last item on the accessory list
Old 2nd March 2014, 21:35   #1028
BHPian

After driving Manual Transmission for 15 yrs, I am thinking of moving to automatic car now. Reason for looking at automatic is bumper to bumper traffic every morning that has started to cause leg and back pain.

Options

Sunny CVT: I tried Sunny CVT, but hated the rubber band effect. NO, i can not drive that car.

Vento TSI: Loved the DSG gearbox and can easily say that its best in segment; but reliability and cost of ownership could be a nightmare.

Verna AT: 4 speed AT gearbox, too jerky for my liking.

City CVT: Have read that rubber band effect is well controlled in City CVT; hence booked a city.

I am hoping to get delivery of my car next week, but still have not been able to get a TD for City CVT (no vehicles available). Wanted to check if anyone has been able to get a TD of CVT?
Old 2nd March 2014, 21:43   #1029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_m_anaconda View Post
After driving Manual Transmission for 15 yrs, I am thinking of moving to automatic car now. Reason for looking at automatic is bumper to bumper traffic every morning that has started to cause leg and back pain.

Options

Sunny CVT: I tried Sunny CVT, but hated the rubber band effect. NO, i can not drive that car.

Vento TSI: Loved the DSG gearbox and can easily say that its best in segment; but reliability and cost of ownership could be a nightmare.

Verna AT: 4 speed AT gearbox, too jerky for my liking.

City CVT: Have read that rubber band effect is well controlled in City CVT; hence booked a city.

I am hoping to get delivery of my car next week, but still have not been able to get a TD for City CVT (no vehicles available). Wanted to check if anyone has been able to get a TD of CVT?
If fuel isn't the concern, Vento TSI is the best bet. No one has said that latest TSI is a problem... Moreover, you will visit the service centre once a year, not every month.
The daily pleasure of TSI can hardly be ignored.
Old 2nd March 2014, 21:50   #1030
Senior - BHPian

Wow, 7123? :O

That is well beyond the 5066 that the Verna managed in January according to this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-analysis.html

Looks like Honda has taken back its rightful place in the segment!

That being said, the list of accessories are a good sign. Honda giving more flexibility to Indian car owners to personalize their cars in a more detailed manner when compared to how it was when we bought the Jazz. Ensures maximum probability for each City to be different from the other, thus giving a better feeling of personal ownership.

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 2nd March 2014 at 21:57.
Old 2nd March 2014, 22:31   #1031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Wow, 7123? :O

That being said, the list of accessories are a good sign. Honda giving more flexibility to Indian car owners to personalize their cars in a more detailed manner when compared to how it was when we bought the Jazz. Ensures maximum probability for each City to be different from the other, thus giving a better feeling of personal ownership.
List of accessories is a joke. Everything is priced at least thrice of what it actually costs. For eg- Led Scuff plates- 5500 costs 1000-1500. Spoiler- 9500 costs around 3-3.5k.

P.S- Was just reading how to decode VIN thread and a question popped in my mind. Do we need to check the VIN for City as well? Aren't all new City's 2014 manufactured?

Last edited by harry10 : 2nd March 2014 at 22:44.
Old 3rd March 2014, 06:44   #1032
BHPian

Quote:
List of accessories is a joke. Everything is priced at least thrice of what it actually costs. For eg- Led Scuff plates- 5500 costs 1000-1500. Spoiler- 9500 costs around 3-3.5k.

P.S- Was just reading how to decode VIN thread and a question popped in my mind. Do we need to check the VIN for City as well? Aren't all new City's 2014 manufactured?
Very true and the dealers have a standard statemeny: 'Sir, if you install after market it may void warranty'

Regarding VIN, I don't think it's a problem. In fact my dealer told me that due to Jan launch, Honda was having a tough time supplying vehicles as they had to ensure its 2014 make and could not send it early.

I've heard that even the launch itself was pre-poned as they ran out of the earlier generation Honda city stock much sooner than they anticipated (some variants). This is something I agree as well when I see absence of TD CVT vehicles and no clarity on exact date of their arrival.
Old 3rd March 2014, 07:43   #1033
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_m_anaconda View Post

I strongly recommend that you ensure you do a test drive before committing on taking delivery. Although the review does say the rubber band effect is controlled, you still need to make sure it's controlled enough for your liking. Especially considering that you felt that you cannot drive the sunny CVT
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2014, 10:47   #1034
BHPian

Quote:

Is the open market Spoiler exactly similar to the one that Honda provides (Shape/Color)?
Old 3rd March 2014, 11:40   #1035
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
If fuel isn't the concern, Vento TSI is the best bet. No one has said that latest TSI is a problem... Moreover, you will visit the service centre once a year, not every month.
The daily pleasure of TSI can hardly be ignored.
Did you mean fuel efficiency? I do not think the efficiency is a differentiater between the City CVT and Vento TSI. Both will give great mileage when driven lightly and will take a hit when driven with a heavy foot. Any difference is going to be negligible.

Totally agree on the daily pleasure of the TSI

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks