Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2014, 19:30   #1066
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Just got to know that logistics charges which is 6250 in case of City is deemed illegal by supreme court and so we can refuse to pay it. Is this true?
What serious issues of enormous national importance our Supreme Court gets involved in!
Old 5th March 2014, 19:54   #1067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
What serious issues of enormous national importance our Supreme Court gets involved in!
I don't think you have any clue about legal procedures and how system works. And I don't think you have bothered to check out why supreme Court has called it a malpractice by dealers. There was a proper PIL filed regarding this. Check out the url posted by Vsrivatsa.
This is a scam running in several hundred crores.

Last edited by harry10 : 5th March 2014 at 19:56.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 20:13   #1068
BHPian

I totally agree. I believe at one point supreme court wanted to make MCD also a party to this case for money they charge as Parking fees.
Old 5th March 2014, 20:28   #1069
Distinguished - BHPian

Update - called up the dealer today and was informed that they were deferring my delivery to April!

Gave them a real verbal hiding and told them that the most I can wait upto is March-end, and if I don't get my car by then, I would be forced to cancel my booking and go somewhere else. The SE and manager both were profusely apologetic and assured me of "trying their best".

Hoping my threat works.

P.S. - Thanks harry10 and vsrivatsa for bringing the handling charges issue up. Will definitely fight to get it struck off.
Old 5th March 2014, 21:27   #1070
Senior - BHPian

I am attaching a picture of my Sales Contract - not sure if other dealers use the same format. It cleverly hides the Handling Charges as "Road Tax & Charge".

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-sales_contract_honda_city.jpg

Also the Printed Invoice they gave on the Honda Letter Head shows only Ex-ShowRoom Price...

Further, I am not sure if it is applicable all over India or if only people from Delhi are lucky. Check another thread from team-bhp: URL

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 5th March 2014 at 21:52.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 21:52   #1071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I am attaching a picture of my Sales Contract - not sure if other dealers use the same format. It cleverly hides the Handling Charges as "Road Tax & Charge".

Also the Printed Invoice they gave on the Honda Letter Head shows only Ex-ShowRoom Price...
Malpractice indeed. I have no legal knowledge but i guess they can be sued over this. Also, in my case as i am doing the registration myself so they can't charge me anything under road tax and so on. Lets see when my car is up for the delivery in April what happens then.
Old 5th March 2014, 23:25   #1072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

P.S. - Thanks harry10 and vsrivatsa for bringing the handling charges issue up. Will definitely fight to get it struck off.
I have fought it, but not won it. Based on your location you can calculate the Road Tax + Registration charges. But not handle the "Handling charges". When you talk to the SA's they openly admit, its for under table payments.
selvagp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 23:49   #1073
BHPian

Funnily enough, if you buy the car through leasing companies , handling charges are never added . Experienced this three times in a row now.
JishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2014, 09:26   #1074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selvagp View Post
I have fought it, but not won it. Based on your location you can calculate the Road Tax + Registration charges. But not handle the "Handling charges". When you talk to the SA's they openly admit, its for under table payments.
Why do they have to make under the table payments for registering a car ?
Does the dealer have a problem with RTO ? If so why should the customer pay for it ?
Old 6th March 2014, 09:46   #1075
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Why do they have to make under the table payments for registering a car ?
Does the dealer have a problem with RTO ? If so why should the customer pay for it ?
As for why they need to make a payment - I am guessing its to ensure "smooth" and "quick" processing of the formalities. Everyone knows how Govt. Offices work - possibly they would need to move from one table to another to get the processing completed otherwise. Although, I doubt if they make a payment for every car. Possibly they may do it for 1 in every 3 or 4 cars which means what they charge for the other cars they get to keep for themselves

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 6th March 2014 at 09:49.
Old 6th March 2014, 09:58   #1076
BHPian

The RED RAMBO arrived last evening... detailed buying experience, initial ownership review to follow shortly!
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20140305_180446.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20140305_180452.jpg  

avdhesh15 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2014, 10:01   #1077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Just got to know that logistics charges which is 6250 in case of City is deemed illegal by supreme court and so we can refuse to pay it. Is this true?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Don't know - just checked based on your post and I see that its been declared illegal quite some time back! URL I already paid it Has anyone managed to get away without paying "Handling Charges"?

Can I file for a return of "Handling Charges"? It is not explicitly called out in the Sales Contract it is hidden as "Road Tax and Charge"...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

I do not think this is anything new or specific to Honda. Handling charges are pretty much levied by all dealers. If any one has been able to get the same waived off, I'll be surprised. However, if I remember some posts here (not specific to Honda City), you can negotiate this for a car which is not that hot selling as the dealer really wants to get the deal through. For Honda City, due to the recent launch and backlog in bookings, I doubt if the dealer will budge.

Please go through this post of mine:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3374711

During launch, the handling charges for all dealers in Bangalore was 9,500. After the recent excise cut, they increased it to 10,500.
neel911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2014, 10:17   #1078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
The RED RAMBO arrived last evening... detailed buying experience, initial ownership review to follow shortly!
Congrats on the buy!! Will Await your review. Wishing you miles of safe and happy driving...
Is the Red Rambo an i-DTEC or the VTEC?
Old 6th March 2014, 10:31   #1079
BHPian

RED RAMBO is a V-MT i-Vtec (bad internet connection which resulted in post being incomplete)
Old 6th March 2014, 12:52   #1080
Senior - BHPian

I saw a dark coloured (probably Golden Brown Metallic, Crystal Black Pearl or Urban Titanium Metallic) Honda City topend (minus sunroof) with temporary (Red) number plate with the regn # UP 16 TC 1477 (or 1466) yesterday evening at 7.30 just before the entry to Noida Toll Road.

It had two smart gents with some company IDs sitting up front. Sorry but the photo came out bad because of bad weather, & also I overtook them easily. Moreover due to dark I could not notice more.

My question - what's being tested - Diesel automatic... or powerful engine?
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks