Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2014, 22:00   #1786

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Newbie Here. Have been an ardent follower of Team-BHP for past 5 years and now decided to sign-up to be a part of this wonderful forum.

I had Booked a VX IDTEC Carnelian red on the last week of january and expecting delivery before my wedding on June 1st. Yes! its double celebration and all the more excited for the same. Spoke with my sales executive in Honda showroom Salem and he said they get 2 VX models every month and will get to know about the dispatched colors on the first week of may. Keeping my fingers crossed for the carnelian red, though i have included Taffeta white and Urban titanium to my options in the same order. Planning to upsize my tires and add brushed metallic alloys if i get the white car. Also have spoken with the manager of 3M in Kochi(my work place) and have decided to go for a package of Under body anti corrosion treatment, Paint sealant essential and Paint protection film. Not decided on the CR70 sun protection film they have to offer. Any advice regarding the same is much appreciated. Listened to the stock speakers on the Test drive vehicle and i thought the quality was ok, though will decide on adding additional amps later after receiving the car.

Shall keep you fellow mates posted after the first week of may, when i get the confirmation on the color
Old 30th April 2014, 01:40   #1787
BHPian

Anybody has made customised PDI checklist for this newer Honda city. It will be very much helpful for buyers.
Old 30th April 2014, 09:04   #1788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
Anybody has made customised PDI checklist for this newer Honda city. It will be very much helpful for buyers.
Has anyone from this forum taken delivery of the new city from Arya Honda Mumbai?. I have booked a iVtec and asked for a PDI prior to registration but they have refused point blank without any reason. According to them its just company policy.
Old 30th April 2014, 09:56   #1789
BANNED

Anybody with Full Displays with navigation. Please make sure the unit is registered with MMI (map upgrades). http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post3424324
Old 30th April 2014, 11:19   #1790
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpshah68 View Post
Has anyone from this forum taken delivery of the new city from Arya Honda Mumbai?. I have booked a iVtec and asked for a PDI prior to registration but they have refused point blank without any reason. According to them its just company policy.
Try to convince them please. Dealers do have an upper hand with products in demand and they can deny a PDI. You really do NOT have a choice.
Old 30th April 2014, 11:57   #1791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_charles View Post
As I reported earlier, this ringing sound from the engine bay has been fixed during the first service. I was told that the drive belt had to be adjusted to stop this ringing sound. Nowadays, I do not get this noise from engine bay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by feroz_009 View Post
The actual culprit is Idler Bearing. Fixing (adjusting) the belt is a work around. They have changed the bearing in my car. Would go for a long test drive to check if the issue persists. I shall
Quote:
Originally Posted by feroz_009 View Post
Guys, The issue still persists... and this is really pis**ng me off. Even after leaving the car for more than a day at service center and changing the bearing, the sound still comes from the engine. Even with windows closed I can hear the sound. Now, I think I did a mistake by choosing Honda
Paul,
Did the issue reappear after adjusting the drive belt? Feroz mentioned that it might be temporary so wanted to check

Feroz,
Any update on the issue?

I just gave my car to Whitefield Honda (1st Service, 1200km run). They were not aware of any kind of complaints in this regards.

I had recorded the grilling sound earlier and when they heard it, they did find it a bit weird. The problem is that after that one instance, I have not been able to reproduce the issue. To get to the service center, I had to drive about 25km over 1 hour but still no grilling sound. As that sound is not coming, it'll be difficult for them to identify the problem. They did assure me, that they'll check whatever they can with this regards. I did mention him about idle bearing and belt adjustment which they'll check.
Old 30th April 2014, 12:22   #1792
BHPian

I have booked Honda city SV AT on 28th Feb from Magnum Honda, Mekhri circle, Bangalore.

SE has told that the car will be arrived in this week. I need to updrade the tyres as ther are extremly bad roads and taller speend breakers in northen Bangalore area (Urban off raoding, SUV owners heartily invited ).

I am not that much happy as well with stiffer suspensions and need tyres with wider profile (preferebly 65) to have some improvement in ride quality.

I have shortlisted 3 tyrs from Michellin (seen in pic). I will use the OE rims only. I am keen to go with 195/65/15 instead of 195/60/15 (widely recommnded on team bhp). I know couple of collgues B103 and vikash49 have used 195/65/15 tyres and are happy with them (of couse in older ANHC). Need expert opinion on the same.

Will 195/60/15 XM2 provide better ride quality comparable to 3ST 195/65/15.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-michellin-tyres.jpg  

Last edited by loving_alaap : 30th April 2014 at 12:24.
Old 30th April 2014, 13:39   #1793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have booked Honda city SV AT on 28th Feb from Magnum Honda, Mekhri circle, Bangalore.

SE has told that the car will be arrived in this week. I need to updrade the tyres as ther are extremly bad roads and taller speend breakers in northen Bangalore area (Urban off raoding, SUV owners heartily invited ).

I am not that much happy as well with stiffer suspensions and need tyres with wider profile (preferebly 65) to have some improvement in ride quality.

I have shortlisted 3 tyrs from Michellin (seen in pic). I will use the OE rims only. I am keen to go with 195/65/15 instead of 195/60/15 (widely recommnded on team bhp). I know couple of collgues B103 and vikash49 have used 195/65/15 tyres and are happy with them (of couse in older ANHC). Need expert opinion on the same.

I'd recommend you check the dedicated thread on Tyre Upgrade for 4th Gen City available at URL.

Also the reasoning on why the 195/60R15 is the best suited: URL
Old 30th April 2014, 13:57   #1794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Try to convince them please. Dealers do have an upper hand with products in demand and they can deny a PDI. You really do NOT have a choice.
Have been trying past few days but have been unsuccessful. They are even implying indirectly to cancel the booking and take it to a dealer of my choice. If someone has done a PDI from Arya Honda dealership then I can quote them accordingly and have it approved.
Old 30th April 2014, 14:13   #1795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Stick with the 195/60/15 P3ST. 195/65/15 will result in a difference of more than 2% over the stock size which is not advised. Refer to the thread mentioned above for more information.
Old 30th April 2014, 15:30   #1796
BHPian

Thanks Vsrivatsa and raVan.

I should be writing this in the 4th gen tyre upgrade forum but in the continuation with the discussion, I have 2 questions.

1. What can be the ideal air pressure for 195/60/15.
2. Will the 195/60/15 spare tyre fit in the space given in the boot.
Old 30th April 2014, 15:32   #1797
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Vsrivatsa and raVan.

I should be writing this in the 4th gen tyre upgrade forum but in the continuation with the discussion, I have 2 questions.

1. What can be the ideal air pressure for 195/60/15.
2. Will the 195/60/15 spare tyre fit in the space given in the boot.
Ans 1) Same pressure as recommended for stock tyres. You can however play with values +/-1 for front rear for optimum comfort. I'll let fellow bhpians answer if there is a recommended rating that is more comforting on the petrol ones.

Ans 2) Yes it will. Please do upgrade all 5 tyres.
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2014, 16:11   #1798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The ride quality should be better on 3ST, the 3ST is superior to the XM2 in most aspects such as Handling, Lower Noise Levels, Braking distance and grip.

For, exact fuel efficiency difference we do not have proof points as yet but as a thumb rule we can say the XM2 will have an edge by some percentage since its made for mileage.

Also, another aspect for which we do not have real world stats as yet is the tyre wear out and how long it lasts in comparison with XM2 but Michelin claims this has been improved from its previous version.
Old 30th April 2014, 17:09   #1799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Paul,
Did the issue reappear after adjusting the drive belt? Feroz mentioned that it might be temporary so wanted to check.
Neel,

Two weeks after service, the ringing sound does not reappear. I am referring to the noise that you recorded & shared sometime back on this thread.

I am not sure about the grinding noise. I too feel that the engine is a bit noisy, not so silent as claimed. Those who observe this "grinding" noise, can you please share the recording so that I shall confirm. Thanks
paul_charles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2014, 18:05   #1800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Good Point! Totally agree with that statement.

Yes, agree with your observations - they are nowhere near Maruti or Hyundai. I would recommend you visit Magnum Honda on Kanakapura Road near Metro Cash & Carry - I felt they were better in most aspects.
Had been to the showroom you mentioned to enquire a used car for a friend. No one bothered to ask us what we wanted. We had a nice time sitting in all cars.Finally when the salesman arrives , he was not interested in showing using cars. We had to wait for one more person who never showed up. We headed to Toyota the same day and finalized a car within an hour.

Most Viewed