Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2014, 19:26   #1801
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harihs_dr View Post
Also have spoken with the manager of 3M in Kochi(my work place) and have decided to go for a package of Under body anti corrosion treatment, Paint sealant essential and Paint protection film. Not decided on the CR70 sun protection film they have to offer.
Welcome harihs_dr and congrats on booking the iDtec VX and your marriage of course! Can you please share the cost of 3M treatments in Kochi. Upgrading tyres would be desirable as per the opinion of most friends here.

Last edited by anilagdr : 30th April 2014 at 19:31.
Old 30th April 2014, 21:02   #1802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_charles View Post
Neel,

Two weeks after service, the ringing sound does not reappear. I am referring to the noise that you recorded & shared sometime back on this thread.

I am not sure about the grinding noise. I too feel that the engine is a bit noisy, not so silent as claimed. Those who observe this "grinding" noise, can you please share the recording so that I shall confirm. Thanks
I may not be using the right word. The noise I'm talking about is the one I uploaded. Sounds like someone is sharpening the knife on those wheel type machines.

I just got my car back from Whitefield Honda. They just re-lubricated the drive belt as I had requested them to do so. I'll continue to keep a close watch on that sound in case it comes back again.
Old 30th April 2014, 23:26   #1803
Senior - BHPian

Just found this image on a thai forum and i think the BMW imitation taillights look smashing. I wonder if they have been imported into India as yet. I saw loads of imitation taillights and headlamps with LEDs on a recent visit to Lajpat Nagar at this one store.

Im really tempted to get these lights but I'm very worried about being labelled as a wannabe loser who is pretending that his City is a Beemer.

Source: www.hondacityclub.com
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-hondabmw.jpg  

Old 1st May 2014, 01:57   #1804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
I may not be using the right word. The noise I'm talking about is the one I uploaded. Sounds like someone is sharpening the knife on those wheel type machines.

I just got my car back from Whitefield Honda. They just re-lubricated the drive belt as I had requested them to do so. I'll continue to keep a close watch on that sound in case it comes back again.
Neel, replacing the bearing resolved the issue. I travelled around 600 kms on the highway last week and couldn't hear any such sound even when the bonnet is open.
feroz_009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2014, 12:56   #1805

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
Welcome harihs_dr and congrats on booking the iDtec VX and your marriage of course! Can you please share the cost of 3M treatments in Kochi.
Thank you anailagdr
The rates quoted to me by 3M kochi are as follows
1. Paint sealant essential Rs.3700
2. 3M Anti corrosion treatment with 5yrs warranty Rs. 3800
3. Paint protection film package Rs.12800
(Front and rear bumper corners, ORVMs, Door edges)
4. 3M Nomad mats Rs.5485
5. 3M Sun Film (Side & Rear)
CR 70 Rs. 17,400
RE 70 Rs. 6200
He also emphasized that all the above rates include VAT and labour charges and on selecting any 3 options listed above as a package, he will give a discount of 10% on the final bill amount. Hope this info is helpful.
Old 1st May 2014, 14:09   #1806
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you anailagdr
The rates quoted to me by 3M kochi are as follows
1. Paint sealant essential Rs.3700
2. 3M Anti corrosion treatment with 5yrs warranty Rs. 3800
3. Paint protection film package Rs.12800
(Front and rear bumper corners, ORVMs, Door edges)
4. 3M Nomad mats Rs.5485
5. 3M Sun Film (Side & Rear)
CR 70 Rs. 17,400
RE 70 Rs. 6200
He also emphasized that all the above rates include VAT and labour charges and on selecting any 3 options listed above as a package, he will give a discount of 10% on the final bill amount. Hope this info is helpful.
Sun Films, these are banned, right? Are you talking about the transparent sun films which is said to reflect heat.
Old 1st May 2014, 14:53   #1807
BHPian

Thanks a lot harihs_dr, these details would be of immense use to me and many others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Finally, a sure update for me. I have cancelled the current booking from Peninsular Honda and done a new booking at Perfect Honda, Trivandrum. My car (VX CVT) will be ready for delivery by June 2nd week and I'm going to take it around the 3rd week of June. Another good new for me is that the road tax in Kerala has been revamped and hence there is an actual reduction in On road price. The VX CVT now costs 12.54 on road from the earlier 12.61

Test drove a SV CVT yesterday (had enough info from neel911). Was really impressed with the power on tap. Did not hear any knocking sound as reported.

Waiting for 2 more months, to get the City unless the Toyota Corolla Altis CVT to be launched in May will not change my mind
Me too did a double booking for white iDtec VMT @ Vision Honda Kottayam in mid March (Estd Delivery time >6months) and @ Perfect Honda Tvm based on your post, during mid April (Estd Delivery time < 3months).So I may get delivery in June or July.

Have you enquired anywhere in Tvm for the tyre upgrade? If yes Pl do share the costs.

Last edited by anilagdr : 1st May 2014 at 15:12.
Old 1st May 2014, 15:08   #1808

Quote:
Sun Films, these are banned, right? Are you talking about the transparent sun films which is said to reflect heat.
Yes, These are transparent films and the manager at 3M claims these films filter the UV rays(to protect the interiors) and also reduce the heat in the cabin by 30% even when parked directly under sunlight.
He also claims the film when applied to the front windshield will reduce the headlight glare from on coming cars during night drives.

P.S:- I don't have any personal experience using these products and also don't have any friends who are currently using this to check these claims. Probably other users in this forum will be able to shed more light on these.
Old 1st May 2014, 15:10   #1809
BHPian

Quote:
Finally, a sure update for me. I have cancelled the current booking from Peninsular Honda and done a new booking at Perfect Honda, Trivandrum. My car (VX CVT) will be ready for delivery by June 2nd week and I'm going to take it around the 3rd week of June. Another good new for me is that the road tax in Kerala has been revamped and hence there is an actual reduction in On road price. The VX CVT now costs 12.54 on road from the earlier 12.61

Test drove a SV CVT yesterday (had enough info from neel911). Was really impressed with the power on tap. Did not hear any knocking sound as reported.

Waiting for 2 more months, to get the City unless the Toyota Corolla Altis CVT to be launched in May will not change my mind
Me too did a double booking for white iDtec VMT @ Vision Honda Kottayam in mid March (Estd Delivery time >6months) and @ Perfect Honda Tvm based on your post, during mid April (Estd Delivery time < 3months).So I may get delivery in June or July.

Have you enquired anywhere in Tvm for the tyre upgrade? If yes Pl do share the costs.

Mods : Pls delete this post.

Last edited by anilagdr : 1st May 2014 at 15:18.
Old 1st May 2014, 15:31   #1810
Senior - BHPian

Meanwhile Honda Cars have sold another 7,044 Units of City for the Month of April. Looks like the sales figure refuses to go below 7,000 per month for now

More details at Honda Cars Press Release: URL
Old 1st May 2014, 16:43   #1811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
Thanks a lot harihs_dr, these details would be of immense use to me and many others.

Yeah Perfect Honda clears the backlogs really fast. People are yet to know about this new showroom and hence the delay is contained .

Tyre upgrade - It's always 'New Bharath Tyres Pitstop' which is the best in Kerala. They have oulets in Cochin and Trivandrum.

However, I am going for the top end VX CVT version and since its already coming with alloy wheels, I'm not going for a tyre upgrade. Will change only once the stock tyres go kaput.

By the way, I got a fairly good quotation for my 9 year old 110,000 kms+ Accent GLE. The IDV value of the car is 135,000 now and I'm getting the same price from a prospective buyer. Received a token advance as well. However, I was really surprised by the demand for a second hand petrol car. I got about 10 enquiries in 3 days time and finally finalized on one. Honda quoted a price of 80000 for exchange which I instantly said 'No Thanks'. But the Honda Guys did say that my car is of a good quality.

Considering the Accent is phased out now, I guess this is a good price.

Last edited by adarsh76 : 1st May 2014 at 16:45.
Old 1st May 2014, 17:02   #1812
BHPian

[quote=vsrivatsa;3425208]Meanwhile Honda Cars have sold another 7,044 Units of City for the Month of April. Looks like the sales figure refuses to go below 7,000 per month for now

Wowww
:thumbup:
7184 in January, 7213 in February, 9518 in March and 7044 in April means the product has already done 30959 units in its almost four months of retailing!
Another month or two, it seems to overtake the yearly sales of the next best competition (Verna does around 40K a year) in that segment, in just half a year. Its clear party time for Honda :beer:
Old 1st May 2014, 17:33   #1813
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, These are transparent films and the manager at 3M claims these films filter the UV rays(to protect the interiors) and also reduce the heat in the cabin by 30% even when parked directly under sunlight.
He also claims the film when applied to the front windshield will reduce the headlight glare from on coming cars during night drives.

P.S:- I don't have any personal experience using these products and also don't have any friends who are currently using this to check these claims. Probably other users in this forum will be able to shed more light on these.
Transparent or otherwise, sunfilms are banned.
If you get stopped by a cop and he notices that you have film on your glasses, not only they will issue the challan, they'll also peel off the film.

Considering the price, its a big risk.
Old 1st May 2014, 17:44   #1814
BHPian

It seems like this peacock is also inspired by the City!
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-dscn1306-copy.jpg  

paul_charles is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st May 2014, 18:36   #1815
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah Perfect Honda clears the backlogs really fast. People are yet to know about this new showroom and hence the delay is contained .

Tyre upgrade - It's always 'New Bharath Tyres Pitstop' which is the best in Kerala. They have oulets in Cochin and Trivandrum.

By the way, I got a fairly good quotation for my 9 year old 110,000 kms+ Accent GLE.
Thanks for the info and glad to notr that you are getting bumper of a price for your ride.
Regarding the tyres, I think I should enquire in Tvm and Kottayam.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks