Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2014, 12:01   #2251
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Buddy do not go for Blaupunkt. It's got bad reviews. Cant remember where I read it but you can Google it. For navigation why don't you get it installed separately.

Mods kindly merge my posts as not able to do so via mobile.
Thanks for your suggestion Harry. I am looking for reviews. Will sure keep the forum updated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Sorry, I do not know about the Blapunkt unit. I had enquired at the Honda accessory shop, and they said they have a 9" console to replace the stock ICE unit. They quoted around 30k without navigation and around 40k with navigation. This unit has reverse camera also. (From my memory, figure could be a little up or down). They said they don't buy back the stock ICE. They advised to sell it outside.

Honda accessories quoted around 8k for fixing reverse camera on SV. And fog-lamps will not be much. The feature I miss from V is electronically foldable ORVM.

For SV IVTEC, only the master key has remote switches. But the sales guy told me that I can use the spare key on the door and it will unlock. Haven't tried this yet.
Thanks for your input. My Honda dealer does not have such option. Looks to be the latest Caska unit made for City 2014 (yet to reach India). I will enquire him. I will also inquire if they will give a second key with key less entry option and post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
I installed the accessories at No fear(underground) Balmatta.
some of the accessories from ebay which i have already posted previously with link to seller page

I have installed Pioneer AVH-X5690BT double din touchscreen HU with built in bluetooth and Pioneer steering remote with Infinity components for rear door and Pioneer coaxial and JBL tweeters for front door
Reverse camera and sensor 2 in 1 above rear number plate (no need to drill or make holes in the rear bumper)

The Pioneer AVH-X5690BT head unit cost Rs 22,000/- with bill and warranty
Steering remote Rs 1,200/-
Reverse camera with built in sensor Rs 3,500/-
Thanks for the details. Nice choice. In my case I have to dispense with the OEM Audio for that. Needs a lot of thinking. Did you have any warranty issues as you have done it outside?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Bad idea, if you ask me. The stock HU of the VMT is pretty good and reliable.
Hi RavenAvi, thanks. I knew you would not advise that. Here in TN salestax is 15% for vehicles with ex-show room price of 10L and above and 10% if below 10L. The effective OTR price is 1,16,000 more for V. So I have to loose 50K plus for sales tax for the useful features offered by V over SV and hence the idea of SV with NAV and Reverse Cam in which I save 70K. Anyway I have to think many times before final decision is taken. Will keep you posted.
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 12:19   #2252
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations, vsk! Have the prices been hiked, compared to last month (June 2014)?
Thanks.
There is no hike/reduction in price as per the information provided by the sales person.
Old 14th July 2014, 12:32   #2253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk2009 View Post
Thanks.
There is no hike/reduction in price as per the information provided by the sales person.
There is a price hike effective July 1st. Your sales person is not updated, ask the team leader or sales manager.
anilagdr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 12:49   #2254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Here in TN salestax is 15% for vehicles with ex-show room price of 10L and above and 10% if below 10L. The effective OTR price is 1,16,000 more for V. So I have to loose 50K plus for sales tax for the useful features offered by V over SV and hence the idea of SV with NAV and Reverse Cam in which I save 70K. Anyway I have to think many times before final decision is taken. Will keep you posted.
Yes, this was something I also found difficult to digest when I went thru the buying decision. Honda should have priced the V variant at sub 10L ex Showroom

In any case, I went with the V Variant to avoid all the warranty hassles with the after market fitments.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 13:46   #2255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post

There is a price hike effective July 1st. Your sales person is not updated, ask the team leader or sales manager.
That's correct. There is a 5k hike on SV and 6k on V variant effective 1 July.
Old 14th July 2014, 15:19   #2256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
I booked the car on 7th July. So the hike might have already reflected in the price. Any idea whether the hike had happened after the July9th budget?
Old 14th July 2014, 15:38   #2257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk2009 View Post
I booked the car on 7th July. So the hike might have already reflected in the price. Any idea whether the hike had happened after the July9th budget?
This hike is not related to the budget and primarily due to Honda's input costs. Your cost is not as of booking time but as of invoice time. This means that you will be charged as per the prevailing rates at the time of delivery. So your cost will be the revised cost (as of today), unless there is a further revision.
Vahanam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 15:49   #2258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Hope its not the Sun Roof that is leaking in these reported cases.
Although modern Sun-Roof design is quite robust and should ensure that water won't leak in, I was apprehensive of the leaks when the car ages, say 4 to 5 years down the line and went for V model for this reason.

Nope, both are SV and V models respectively!
Old 14th July 2014, 15:50   #2259
BHPian

Couple of updates on the recent events with my V-MT iVtec:
(1) CITY rear ended by a Tempo Traveler
(2) CITY giving mileage of 18km/l

A few days back, I met with a small accident where a tempo traveller (the mini buses which typically ferry 25-30 people) rear ended my car in Mumbai. There was a sequence of cars having to brake suddenly due to an idiot on the road and unfortunately mine was the second last in the chain and the only one to have a non-car behind me which couldn’t stop in time. The impact might not look much in photos but it was very scary as I could literally see the bus coming fast towards me in the rear view. Also, the seat belt jerk hurt my shoulder for a couple of days and I experienced extreme pain in my right palm due to it being on the steering and bearing the impact of the crash. In fact it is still paining as I write this post. The bus broke its headlights and bumper. Three cheers for the CITY, it took the impact extremely well.

Anyway, went to the Honda service center and met someone who was known to my cousin. They said they would have to replace the bumper, rear bonnet and other small parts. There was minor damage to the front bumper since I scraped the car ahead. Work done and car given back to me as committed within 5 days. The spare parts of this car seem to be cheaper than the previous edition.

Tip: Always go for the zero-depreciation insurance policies. I paid a miniscule amount due to having this policy.

Couple of updates on the recent events with my V-MT iVtec:

(2) CITY giving mileage of 18km/l (PETROL!)

I had to visit Nashik from Mumbai over the weekend for a function in the family. Now due to certain circumstances, I had to drive very carefully and have the car as smooth as possible. Easier said than done considering my track record but then I decided to challenge myself and get the best possible mileage out of the car.

I set the trip meter to 0.00 as soon as I hit the end of JVLR and touched the Eastern Highway which heads to Nashik. After the first 100km, the mileage showed 18.5km/l and at the end of the trip having completed around 335km (which included a few short bursts in 2nd gear to keep the adrenaline flowing, some amount of driving in Nashik city, the regular highway traffic here and there, etc etc), my overall mileage showed 18km/l. I was shell shocked at this figure and I will let the photos in my next post speak for itself.

My driving style was more than 80% on cruise control maintaining speeds between 70 and 90 km/h. The cruise control is a fabulous feature to have in my opinion. Also, the car was extremely comfortable and the reason for my sedate driving was accomplished without any issues whatsoever (touch-wood). To sum it up, the car is simply awesome and will adapt to anything which is thrown at it.

And here are the photos to both my previous posts.

Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-100km.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-half-tank.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-end-journey.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20140701_092012.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20140701_122406.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20140701_122413.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20140701_122420.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20140701_122427.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 15th July 2014 at 13:10. Reason: Merging back to back posts
avdhesh15 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 17:02   #2260
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
A
(1) CITY rear ended by a Tempo Traveler![/i]
The rear bumper of the City does not protrudes outwards from the boot. In fact, the bumper is in the same plane as the boot lid. This results in almost no damage to the bumper and explains the heavy damage to the rear boot lid. In fact, this design flaw was stated in the official TBHP review.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 14th July 2014 at 17:11. Reason: Pic removed. Hence.
Old 14th July 2014, 17:08   #2261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tip: Always go for the zero-depreciation insurance policies. I paid a miniscule amount due to having this policy.
Please share if you remember the full quote provided for the work. Just for information.
Old 14th July 2014, 17:34   #2262
BANNED

Quote:
The spare parts of this car seem to be cheaper than the previous edition.
That is indeed good news to all New City owners including you.

Quote:
Would be great if you provide the full details of the Zero-Dep insurance policy that you took.

And can you post the bill that you have to know the parts that were replaced and their costs?

Would help the rest. Thanks.

Anurag.
Old 14th July 2014, 20:39   #2263
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations!

Go for the VMT. It is worth the extra moolah, trust me.

Bad idea, if you ask me. The stock HU of the VMT is pretty good and reliable.

Yes. The SV MT comes with only one key with buttons, while the V MT has both keys with buttons.
I completely agree with the Statements. The main purpose of me going for the V MT was stuff like the 5" Screen, Touch panel AC, Reverse Camera. The V MT seems to be probably the best in terms of having it all and requiring very little to add in to.

As for the VX variant, I really do not see a VFM aspect just for Sun-roof, Leather Upholstery, Push Button Start / stop and a couple of more stuff. You end up paying about 1.5L extra for all this stuff.
Old 14th July 2014, 20:42   #2264
Senior - BHPian

Took delivery of my City i-DTEC today evening.
Was completely unexpected as we just went to the showroom to finalize delivery day. Evening delivery so everything was fast. Must be a record how fast I did the PDI.

Loving it so far in the few kms I have driven it. Will post more impressions later.

Delivery process was smooth and the GM himself came for delivery due to our good interactions with him.

Best part is I didn't need to go for tyre upgrade as got Michelin Energy XM1 as stock

Excuse the crap quality of pics by mobile cam.

Name:  ForumRunner_20140714_203719.png
Views: 3045
Size:  755.9 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20140714_203759.png
Views: 2918
Size:  697.5 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20140714_203815.png
Views: 3029
Size:  689.9 KB

Last edited by harry10 : 14th July 2014 at 20:43.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 20:57   #2265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Took delivery of my City i-DTEC today evening.
Was completely unexpected as we just went to the showroom to finalize delivery day. Evening delivery so everything was fast. Must be a record how fast I did the PDI.

Loving it so far in the few kms I have driven it. Will post more impressions later.

Delivery process was smooth and the GM himself came for delivery due to our good interactions with him.

Best part is I didn't need to go for tyre upgrade as got Michelin Energy XM1 as stock

Excuse the crap quality of pics by mobile cam.

Attachment 1261691

Attachment 1261692

Attachment 1261693
Congratulations Harry. It's awesome.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks