Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2014, 19:11   #2371
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahanam View Post
Thanks Anil

Glad to see that you got the full refund. Did they refund the entire amount on their own or it needed a little bit of nudge?
No, they refunded the entire amount on their own. No questions asked. My experience with Perfect Honda, Trivandrum has been extremely satisfying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahanam View Post
DRLs are so bright that it could be NRLs (Night). Is it brighter than low beam? It looks so to me.

The drops of rain on your car looked like dew drops on grass. Lovely. I am now very interested to get the same. How much of paint shine that you lose on applying this? Does it give protection from flying debris too?
Yes, the DRLs are beautiful and the body coat lovely.
anilagdr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 19:48   #2372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Raven, the issue is not a manufacturing defect as per the service advisor. As part of a standard procedure, before the delivery of a car the service personnel are supposed to tighten the door locks as per manufacturer recommendations. However, in my case it was missed out. There was some kind of an oversight by the service, I think probably because the guys are not experienced with Honda cars, as they have started the dealership of Honda only recently.
The issue resurfaced again yesterday and I took the car to Peninsular Honda. They kept the car for one full day and delivered to me today after a thorough testing. The issue is again fixed for now. Will keep a close watch.

As per the service advisors, the issue was probably due to faulty electrical wiring especially the earthing part. In automobiles, earthing is done by connecting the wires to a non painted portion of the car. The wiring of the central locking must have touched a painted portion or it might not have touched at all anywhere. I noticed that the warning sound and interior lamps were glowing before the door unlocked.

Anyways, the issue is not appearing in similar conditions of driving where it appeared before. On looking at the brighter side of this issue, at least we have warning sounds and signs for electrical faults.

Last edited by adarsh76 : 23rd July 2014 at 19:49.
Old 23rd July 2014, 22:55   #2373
BHPian

I have a question. Is it possible for the service station to tweak the ORVMs to autoclose and open when the ignition is in off or on position. Has anybody done it?
Old 24th July 2014, 11:26   #2374
Senior - BHPian

I think the persons who have designed the recent front end of Honda City and Toyota Corolla should be sacked.

I have 2 Toyota cars (Corolla and Etios) and I have not seen a more hideous Toyota product than the recent Corolla. Cannot imagine that I would buy this Corolla.

As to Honda, everything looks good except when you see the front end and see the hideous front chrome grill which looks like someone is showing their tongue. Extraordinarily bad in my opinion.
Old 24th July 2014, 14:39   #2375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
I have a question. Is it possible for the service station to tweak the ORVMs to autoclose and open when the ignition is in off or on position. Has anybody done it?
+1 to that, I would be interested to do the same if this is possible.

Also I had another question on Cruise Control Operation. If I press the Cruise Button then the Cruise Indicator glows. In case I forget to switch off the Cruise, then this setting is remembered even after the vehicle is switched off and later started. How important is it to switch off the Cruise? Does this activate anything mechanical internally?

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 24th July 2014 at 14:41.
Old 24th July 2014, 15:32   #2376
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
+1 to that, I would be interested to do the same if this is possible.
This is possible if you have the V and VX model which has mirrors that can be folded by the button. There are after market module available which are plug and play like this or this
Old 24th July 2014, 17:24   #2377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
This is possible if you have the V and VX model which has mirrors that can be folded by the button. There are after market module available which are plug and play like this or this
Thanks for that piece of info and the links. Has anyone used these? Do these suit the 2014 City? Will the warranty get void if we install these from outside the Honda ASS?
Old 27th July 2014, 09:20   #2378
BHPian

Quote:
No, they refunded the entire amount on their own. No questions asked. My experience with Perfect Honda, Trivandrum has been extremely satisfying.
I also have booked my City from perfect honda,Tvm. The executive was really prompt and friendly. Though I called both peninsular and perfect at the same time,perfect honda was more prompt in following up and came with the test drive vehicle the very next day. Estimated waiting for V diesel has been quoted to be three months. Hope rest of the buying experience goes smooth as well!! Keeping fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 27th July 2014, 12:42   #2379
BHPian

Hi. I needed some guidance. I got a call from a Honda dealership where i have booked my City VX CVT, for which i am still in line to wait another 4 months, that they have got a SV CVT of someone who has defaulted in paying the money in time. They can deliver this car to me immediately. I am really tempted by this offer but i want guidance from those of you who already own the city, whether i should take the SV or wait it out for the VX. I have to let him know by today, thanks in advance.
Old 27th July 2014, 13:14   #2380
BHPian

I want to know if there is a setting to display album art on the console while playing mp3 songs from USB drive on V/Vx variants?

I have seen this in some screenshots, but whenever i plug in my USB, all i see on the screen just a USB icon against the name of the song being played
Old 27th July 2014, 13:48   #2381
BHPian

Hi Friends,
We booked V MT Urban Titanium last week. However having few plans and would like to hear your suggestions on the following points:
1. Tyre Upgrade:
a. I’m pretty sure Honda much have extensively tested the car with stock tyres with various road conditions. However, how
important to upgrade the tyres to 195/60 R 15 XM2?
b. Lets say, If I drive 100 ~ 120 KMPH speed in a highway, what would be the impact of stock tyre road grip / stability during a
sudden break / during rain?
2. Sun Film:
a. I’m planning for 70% Transparent Sun Film 3M or Garware. Any inputs here?
3. Under Body Coat:
a. I’m thinking to do it at Dealership or at 3M @ J.P.Nagar. Any inputs here?
4. Seat Covers:
a. I checked with dealer and he told Artificial Lather beige color seat covers are available @ INR 8500. Any inputs here?
5. Parking Sensors: Tough V MT comes with RPC. I’m thinking of having sensors with beep sound alert. Any inputs here?

Last edited by yousivakutti : 27th July 2014 at 13:52. Reason: Alignment
Old 27th July 2014, 14:11   #2382
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishaanranderia View Post
I am really tempted by this offer but i want guidance from those of you who already own the city, whether i should take the SV or wait it out for the VX. I have to let him know by today, thanks in advance.
If you really need the sunroof and paddle shifters then wait it out. Most of the other features are cool to have but not must have.

That said the VX is really loaded so you may feel that you lost out on gadgets.

If you can wait and are not in urgent need of the car then be patient. But if you need a car then go for the SV.
Old 27th July 2014, 14:11   #2383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishaanranderia View Post
Hi. I needed some guidance. I got a call from a Honda dealership where i have booked my City VX CVT, for which i am still in line to wait another 4 months, that they have got a SV CVT of someone who has defaulted in paying the money in time. They can deliver this car to me immediately. I am really tempted by this offer but i want guidance from those of you who already own the city, whether i should take the SV or wait it out for the VX. I have to let him know by today, thanks in advance.
Hi. 4 month is bit too much of wait.
I own SV CVT and I am very much happy with the car like many of our colleagues.
In city driving I have not felt any need of paddle shifters.
You can save approx 1.5-2 lacs. Which can be used for after market (and better) alloys, leather seats etc.

Once you get your hands on the steering wheel, I am sure you will start enjoying the supreme comfort. Don't deny your self that comfort for 4 long months :-)
Old 27th July 2014, 14:22   #2384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousivakutti View Post
Hi Friends,
We booked V MT Urban Titanium last week. However having few plans and would like to hear your suggestions on the following points:
1. Tyre Upgrade:
a. I'm pretty sure Honda much have extensively tested the car with stock tyres with various road conditions. However, how
b. Lets say, If I drive 100 ~ 120 KMPH speed in a highway, what would be the impact of stock tyre road grip / stability during a
2. Sun Film:
a. I'm planning for 70% Transparent Sun Film 3M or Garware. Any inputs here?
3. Under Body Coat:
a. I'm thinking to do it at Dealership or at 3M @ J.P.Nagar. Any inputs here?
4. Seat Covers:
a. I checked with dealer and he told Artificial Lather beige color seat covers are available @ INR 8500. Any inputs here?
5. Parking Sensors: Tough V MT comes with RPC. I'm thinking of having sensors with beep sound alert. Any inputs here?
1. In my SV CVT, I have decided to go with stock only. In city driving you may not feel any need of tyre upgrade. Stock ones are preety good. On highway, beyond 120kmph you may want fatter tyres with cost of warrenty / insurance void (a debatable issue) and drop of 1 odd kmpl FE.

2. I am planning 70% Llumar gold series film with warrenty from after market. I am getting it for 3600Rs (4 windows+rear). 3M is bit costly, not worth risk! For 1K Rs more Llumar is better than Garware.

3. I have not gone for underbody coating and seat covers, so no comments here.

4. I have installed reverse parking camera+sensors from dealer (Magnum Honda, Mekhri Circle) to avoid warranty. I found this extremely useful and will highly recommend.
Old 27th July 2014, 14:31   #2385

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousivakutti View Post
Hi Friends,
1. Tyre Upgrade:
a. I'm pretty sure Honda much have extensively tested the car with stock tyres with various road conditions. However, how
2. Sun Film:
a. I'm planning for 70% Transparent Sun Film 3M or Garware. Any inputs here?
3. Under Body Coat:
a. I'm thinking to do it at Dealership or at 3M @ J.P.Nagar. Any inputs here?
4. Seat Covers:
5. Parking Sensors: Tough V MT comes with RPC. I'm thinking of having sensors with beep sound alert. Any inputs here?
I found the rear camera good enough and never felt the need of sensors. In fact I found it one of the most useful feature.

I was having a problem with rear left side door rubber fitting(started coming out now and then from the door). Went for second free service today and reported the issue, the SA told me that this issue is being reported to them regularly. Although the issue is fixed now, was curious if anyone else had such issue
ajayps77 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed