Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2014, 14:50   #2386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousivakutti View Post
Hi Friends,
We booked V MT Urban Titanium last week. However having few plans and would like to hear your suggestions on the following points:
1. Tyre Upgrade:
a. I'm pretty sure Honda much have extensively tested the car with stock tyres with various road conditions. However, how
important to upgrade the tyres to 195/60 R 15 XM2?
b. Lets say, If I drive 100 ~ 120 KMPH speed in a highway, what would be the impact of stock tyre road grip / stability during a
sudden break / during rain?
2. Sun Film:
a. I'm planning for 70% Transparent Sun Film 3M or Garware. Any inputs here?
3. Under Body Coat:
a. I'm thinking to do it at Dealership or at 3M @ J.P.Nagar. Any inputs here?
4. Seat Covers:
a. I checked with dealer and he told Artificial Lather beige color seat covers are available @ INR 8500. Any inputs here?
5. Parking Sensors: Tough V MT comes with RPC. I'm thinking of having sensors with beep sound alert. Any inputs here?
Let me try to answer as per my experience so far-

1. I got stock tyres as Michelin so didn't go for any upgrade which I was in 2 minds already due to warranty issues. In hindsight it was an excellent decision as stock tyres are good enough. I have driven them once at 110 kmph and car was quite stable at that point.
Warranty will be an issue if you upgrade so keep that in mind. If you get MRF or Goodyear then think of upgrading but if you get Michelin or Bridgestone then stick with stock tyres.

2. I had garware in my Manza when sun films were legal. Excellent Vfm film.

3. Didn't go for it so cant comment.

4. I will strongly suggest not to go for seat covers. I have art leather covers in my Manza and they were a real pain when you park it in sunlight. They get extremely hot and takes a long time to cool down. Plus the premium fabric you will get as stock is good enough and doesn't get heated even if car is standing for 4-5 hours in direct sunlight.

5. Got parking sensors from dealer itself as my SV doesn't come with camera. Highly useful and must to have but as you already have Rear view camera I don't see the additional use of sensors. Go for them if only camera isn't good enough for your use.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2014, 17:25   #2387
Senior - BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Hi Friends,
We booked V MT Urban Titanium last week. However having few plans and would like to hear your suggestions on the following points:
1. Tyre Upgrade:
a. I’m pretty sure Honda much have extensively tested the car with stock tyres with various road conditions. However, how
b. Lets say, If I drive 100 ~ 120 KMPH speed in a highway, what would be the impact of stock tyre road grip / stability during a
2. Sun Film:
a. I’m planning for 70% Transparent Sun Film 3M or Garware. Any inputs here?
3. Under Body Coat:
a. I’m thinking to do it at Dealership or at 3M @ J.P.Nagar. Any inputs here?
4. Seat Covers:
a. I checked with dealer and he told Artificial Lather beige color seat covers are available @ INR 8500. Any inputs here?
5. Parking Sensors: Tough V MT comes with RPC. I’m thinking of having sensors with beep sound alert. Any inputs here?
1. I agree with comments from harry10, if you end up with Michelin/Bridgestone - you can live with those. If you end up with anything else, just go ahead and upgrade.

2. Sun Film: You could also check out the Stay-Cool MicroCoating which is a new option : URL

3. I went with the 3M Center in JP Nagar and was happy with them Details: URL

4. Seat Covers: I am sticking to the default Premium Fabric that came with the V Model. Its good enough - but yes the beige is difficult to maintain and if kids are going to be in and out of the car - its worth getting something to protect the seat covers.

5. It would be useful for sure. Initially I missed seeing the camera and now I am used to it. But yes, an audio alert is definitely useful and ensures it gets your attention. Check neel911's thread, he got body colored sensors.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 27th July 2014 at 17:27.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2014, 23:47   #2388
BHPian

I own 2013 Honda City, recently I went on a drive on the New Honda City of my colleague. There were some rattles in a month old car and also felt that the New city has lots of bells & whistles but Honda has compromised on the quality and doesn't feel sturdy compared to my old city. I was looking to exchange my City to the new one but after this experience having second thoughts. Have people experienced the same? Any advise
Old 28th July 2014, 11:39   #2389
BHPian

Dear BHPians,

I have a question to those who already own All new honda city. I have already paid booking amount of 51000 on 22nd July @ Sundaram Honda Chennai. The Sales co-coordinator has informed me that my vihicle (SV-IDTEC) has been lifted from factory on 23rd and is expected to arrive his dealership by end of this month or 3rd Aug and is asking me to pay the Ex-Showroom price of 9,97,000. I will have about 1 lakh Plus balance to be paid before registration. As per a cousin of mine who has already bought a V-iDTEC through him the sales co-ord is a reliable guy. Is it the normal procedure? Would appreciate if you can share your experience please.
Old 28th July 2014, 11:49   #2390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
The Sales co-coordinator has informed me that my vihicle (SV-IDTEC) has been lifted from factory on 23rd and is expected to arrive his dealership by end of this month or 3rd Aug and is asking me to pay the Ex-Showroom price of 9,97,000.
This is a tactic followed by most dealerships I guess (not just Honda). I faced this issue in Bimal Maruti in Bangalore and also Anant cars Mahindra.

I guess one reason for this can be that, if you start your payment procedures after car reaches the yard; delivery will be delayed for 2~3 days ( due to payment credit / cheque clearing). I guess most of the consumers does not plan on a PDI so getting payment upfront is easy for both dealer and consumer.

What they do is get the payment, do all paperwork like insurance and all done and as soon as the car arrives in yard get the remaining payment from you and send the car for registration.

However the drawback is, if you are keen on a PDI and later find any issues during the same. It is very tough to get things sorted out, since with almost 90+% payment done dealer has an upper hand.
Old 28th July 2014, 12:43   #2391
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I am facing an issue with my sales experience at Honda. I booked my car with Ring Road Honda on 14th July 2014 and I was committed a delivery time of August mid. I gave my old car in exchange assuming that it will be a month's time only. Yesterday I got to know that the sales rep left the job and there is no commitment of August mid on my VX MT Diesel. This has left me in a confused state. Now the other sales rep is saying that they cannot deliver before October.

Guys, I would like to escalate this issue. Can anyone provide me an email address where I can file a complaint which can be heard and appropriate action is taken on it?

Help appreciated.
Old 28th July 2014, 13:06   #2392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Hi Friends,

Guys, I would like to escalate this issue. Can anyone provide me an email address where I can file a complaint which can be heard and appropriate action is taken on it?

Help appreciated.
You can write to Honda Customer Care customer_relations@hondacarindia.com They will be able to help you on this.

Last edited by Vahanam : 28th July 2014 at 13:07.
Old 28th July 2014, 13:16   #2393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Hi Friends,

I am facing an issue with my sales experience at Honda. I booked my car with Ring Road Honda on 14th July 2014 and I was committed a delivery time of August mid. I gave my old car in exchange assuming that it will be a month's time only. Yesterday I got to know that the sales rep left the job and there is no commitment of August mid on my VX MT Diesel. This has left me in a confused state. Now the other sales rep is saying that they cannot deliver before October.

Help appreciated.
Did you had that in writing?
If yes then contact Honda India directly on the email address provided below. Otherwise contact the GM of the dealership directly and present the facts. There is no point in talking with SA or anyone else as they won't do anything to expedite the delivery.
Old 28th July 2014, 13:43   #2394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Did you had that in writing?
If yes then contact Honda India directly on the email address provided below. Otherwise contact the GM of the dealership directly and present the facts. There is no point in talking with SA or anyone else as they won't do anything to expedite the delivery.

Hi Harry,

I booked the car as he said that there will be a car coming to him mid of august. Unfortunately I do not have anything in writing. I did escalate it to the GM of Sales however, they say that we cannot do anything now and I will have to wait till October for the car which is impossible and I may land up cancelling the car.
Old 28th July 2014, 13:49   #2395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Dear BHPians,

I have a question to those who already own All new honda city. I have already paid booking amount of 51000 on 22nd July @ Sundaram Honda Chennai. The Sales co-coordinator has informed me that my vihicle (SV-IDTEC) has been lifted from factory on 23rd and is expected to arrive his dealership by end of this month or 3rd Aug and is asking me to pay the Ex-Showroom price of 9,97,000.
I had booked for iDTEC in mid March. The car has left the factory on the 18th of July. It could take 10-15 days to reach the dealer. My SA informed me that I need to pay only after the car reaches the dealer.

The flipside is that it could take 2 days more for the documentation to complete, but after having waited for so long what does 2 days mean? I feel that it is far better to make the payment after the car reaches the dealer and a preliminary PDI is done by the buyer.

Anyway best wishes to you for a smooth delivery and years of joy-filled ride.
Old 29th July 2014, 11:15   #2396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
This is a tactic followed by most dealerships I guess (not just Honda). I faced this issue in Bimal Maruti in Bangalore and also Anant cars Mahindra.

I guess one reason for this can be that, if you start your payment procedures after car reaches the yard; delivery will be delayed for 2~3 days ( due to payment credit / cheque clearing). I guess most of the consumers does not plan on a PDI so getting payment upfront is easy for both dealer and consumer.

What they do is get the payment, do all paperwork like insurance and all done and as soon as the car arrives in yard get the remaining payment from you and send the car for registration.

However the drawback is, if you are keen on a PDI and later find any issues during the same. It is very tough to get things sorted out, since with almost 90+% payment done dealer has an upper hand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
I had booked for iDTEC in mid March. The car has left the factory on the 18th of July. It could take 10-15 days to reach the dealer. My SA informed me that I need to pay only after the car reaches the dealer.

The flipside is that it could take 2 days more for the documentation to complete, but after having waited for so long what does 2 days mean? I feel that it is far better to make the payment after the car reaches the dealer and a preliminary PDI is done by the buyer.

Anyway best wishes to you for a smooth delivery and years of joy-filled ride.
Thanks for your suggestions. I see that there is a 50% split on going though the ownership reviews. Some had paid on the day of inspection and some few days in advance. I will see if I can pay on the day of inspection.
Old 29th July 2014, 12:19   #2397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
Thanks for that piece of info and the links. Has anyone used these? Do these suit the 2014 City? Will the warranty get void if we install these from outside the Honda ASS?
Check this one is for Honda City 2014 Link. A malaysian brand I think. It also has a video of Honda city 2014 uploaded at the link and claims to be plug and play.
malgudi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2014, 12:40   #2398
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Friends,
1. Tyre Upgrade:
a. I’m pretty sure Honda much have extensively tested the car with stock tyres with various road conditions. However, how
2. Sun Film:
a. I’m planning for 70% Transparent Sun Film 3M or Garware. Any inputs here?
3. Under Body Coat:
a. I’m thinking to do it at Dealership or at 3M @ J.P.Nagar. Any inputs here?
4. Seat Covers:
5. Parking Sensors: Tough V MT comes with RPC. I’m thinking of having sensors with beep sound alert. Any inputs here?
I own a V MT petrol for the last 3 months.

1. I went for a tyre upgrade even though I got stock as Michelins. Reason: Loads of reviews on the internet suggesting the same. With Road Manners of Indian Drivers, you better have some good grip and stability on the car.

I have been happy with the performance, though I cannot compare it with the Stock 175/65 R15 because I did not drive on those at all.

2. Didn't go for it. I got the delivery in April-2014 and decided to just go through this summer without it. Might decide later on somewhere close to next summer.

3. I mam guessing this must be the same as Anti-Rust Treatment from 3M. I did go for it as water accumulation on Mumbai roads in Monsoons is very very common and the water just keeps on battering your under-body.

4. Seat covers - Went for Art-Leather (Auto-Form) with same beige colour. Didn't want to change the colour theme of the car. Also, I really don't have the patience to spend about 2 hours every weekend on the car doing all sorts of cleaning.

5. Did not feel the need for Parking sensors. The camera suffices my need and works perfect as per my my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayps77 View Post
I found the rear camera good enough and never felt the need of sensors. In fact I found it one of the most useful feature.

I was having a problem with rear left side door rubber fitting(started coming out now and then from the door). Went for second free service today and reported the issue, the SA told me that this issue is being reported to them regularly. Although the issue is fixed now, was curious if anyone else had such issue
+1 for the Parking Camera statement.

The left side rear door rubber problem was faced by me too. Got it fixed during the first servicing. Haven't had any trouble till now over 2 months.
tejas08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2014, 15:49   #2399
BHPian

@loving_alaap, ajayps77, harry10, vsrivatsa, tejas08 - Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. I hope for Michelin/Bridgestone tyres to decide on upgrade or not.

Can I get the Dealer reference number and write to Honda asking for Michelin/Bridgestone tyres? Have any one tried this option? Will Honda entertain such requests?

@tejas08: Could you help provide the cost of Art-Leather (Auto-Form) with same beige color? I might go with Auto Form or Pensee Leathers in Bangalore.
Old 29th July 2014, 18:20   #2400
BHPian

Had visited the Magnum Honda Showroom today. Saw a SV automatic fitted with 8 inch integrated touch-screen music system from some company starting with the letter M. Very much like the Caska, but this one had the glossy black dashboard finish and looked very OEM. The car was ready for delivery and the accessories guy mentioned they have sold about 10 of them so far. Couldn't click any pictures though. Might be worth checking out with your dealer if anyone is interested.

Most Viewed