Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2014, 03:33   #2476
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
I
3. The front power door mirrors motor doesn't turn on simultaneously, the left mirror opens/closes sooner than the right mirror.
Thank you for highlighting the points. Similar issue with the mirrors is observed in RavenAvi's Vx as well. I did a small search on google to see if we can find a cause for this and guess what this seems to be the most common problem across the world amongst all the brands.Just type " Electric mirrors not folding with same speed " and we can find multiple forums where this was discussed already, however I was not able to find a solution for the same.

The best that I found was that there is a small rubber belt in these mirrors and helps this functionality , a possible play in one of these rubber belts can cause the different timing in closure.However not sure if the mirrors in the city have this rubber belt mechanism or not.

Below are some of the answers i found which are satisfying however not completely convincing.
a) There is a purposeful delay introduced so that there is no overload on the relay to save it from fusing off.
b)The angle of both the mirrors is slightly varied and hence they close at different speeds.

Any other expect thoughts , kindly pitch in.

cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 08:39   #2477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Interesting, I did quite some driving in the rain yesterday. Rain as well as slush and checked the side doors and the lower part and to my surprise there was not much of a mess. Will post some pictures later on my ownership thread. Is this something to do with the way the P3ST tire treads splash water ? I am sure there are some XM2 owners out there, are you folks having a similar issue - I don't seem to have this issue with the XM2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
I think it could also be due to the wider alloys coupled with the wider tyre size.
Correct. The stock alloys are 5.5J whereas the ones I have are 6.5J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
For highbeam City uses HB3 bulbs. I have seen recommendation in this forum for Osram NB unlimited bulbs. I have bought them from powerbulbs.com, but havn't yet installed these.
Which ares are recommended for low beam that would not void warranty? Though the stock bulbs are adequate in most situations there are times when you would want the low beam to be more powerful.
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 09:20   #2478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Thank you for highlighting the points. Similar issue with the mirrors is observed in RavenAvi's Vx as well. I did a small search on google to see if we can find a cause for this and guess what this seems to be the most common problem across the world amongst all the brands.Just type " Electric mirrors not folding with same speed " and we can find multiple forums where this was discussed already, however I was not able to find a solution for the same.

The best that I found was that there is a small rubber belt in these mirrors and helps this functionality , a possible play in one of these rubber belts can cause the different timing in closure.However not sure if the mirrors in the city have this rubber belt mechanism or not.

Below are some of the answers i found which are satisfying however not completely convincing.
a) There is a purposeful delay introduced so that there is no overload on the relay to save it from fusing off.
b)The angle of both the mirrors is slightly varied and hence they close at different speeds.

Any other expect thoughts , kindly pitch in.

cheers,
pdma.
Happens on my CVT as well. Checked with service and was informed that this is the same case with all other VX variants.
Old 5th August 2014, 09:56   #2479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
I am curious about your front suspension noise. Can you elaborate a bit more about it, since I have also been experiencing some suspension noise on my iDTEC. I complained about it to Honda dealers but they just dont seem to take it seriously.
Well I usually drive with my driver side window glass down in the mornings. Just after 2-3 days of the purchase I heard a metallic queek noise from the front right side. When I took the car for 1000kms service I mentioned this noise to the service station. They never took it seriously and just told me that they have fixed it.

But just after 2 days of service I again started hearing that noise. This time, I took the hondacarindia.com's portal to report this issue directly to Honda. This went perfectly on the head of the dealer and since then they have been asking me (infact begging me) to bring the car so that they rectify this. I took the car last Thursday and they have realised the noise now and they have asked me to give them the car for 2-3 hours so that they can completely rectify the noise. I will hopefully go to service station this Sunday for this 2-3 hours session.
Just FYI, the service station I took the car to was Courtesy Honda, Okhla Phase II, New Delhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feroz_009 View Post
Can you please provide more information on the front suspension issues? Did you upsize the types or is the car running on stock tyres?
No, I did not go for a tyre upgrade and I'm running the car on stock tyres. They are Good year ones.

Last edited by harpreetsubhi : 5th August 2014 at 10:00. Reason: Grammar errors
Old 5th August 2014, 11:41   #2480
BHPian

Well the City does it again. 7705 Citys in July-2014.

That's 7th month in a row for City with 7K+ dispatches from the factory. Its already breached the 50K mark inside 7 months.

Can't really think about a Million buck sedan having reached 50K dispatches so fast.
tejas08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 12:24   #2481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post
They are fixing it now. Completely lost faith in the quality of Honda; shouldve gotten the Ciaz instead. :( Of what use is a new 10L rupee car that is unusable for 3 weeks because it does not provide shelter / is not rain waterproof!?
But this kind of reminds me of a similar post on Reddit few months back about a Porsche user complaining about water leakage in his car. It seems the guy was passed on a lemon and he raised quite a storm. Here is the link to the post http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comme...ideo_makes_me/

and this was the youtube video :

Moderators: Please delete this post if you feel it is inappropriate and violates TeamBHP community guidelines.
CapnCook is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 13:28   #2482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Well I usually drive with my driver side window glass down in the mornings. Just after 2-3 days of the purchase I heard a metallic queek noise from the front right side. When I took the car for 1000kms service I mentioned this noise to the service station. They never took it seriously and just told me that they have fixed it.

But just after 2 days of service I again started hearing that noise. This time, I took the hondacarindia.com's portal to report this issue directly to Honda. This went perfectly on the head of the dealer and since then they have been asking me (infact begging me) to bring the car so that they rectify this. I took the car last Thursday and they have realised the noise now and they have asked me to give them the car for 2-3 hours so that they can completely rectify the noise. I will hopefully go to service station this Sunday for this 2-3 hours session.
Just FYI, the service station I took the car to was Courtesy Honda, Okhla Phase II, New Delhi.

No, I did not go for a tyre upgrade and I'm running the car on stock tyres. They are Good year ones.

I experienced similar squeak sounds from my right front wheel, and had to take service center folks for a couple of test drives to confirm the sound. They later took the car for a few hours and rectified it. I haven't heard that sound after that.

While that is done, I hear another metallic click sound when I go over the humps or pot holes and its not very consistent. So, the service center guys are pretty clueless how to narrow it down and rectify it.
Old 5th August 2014, 14:48   #2483
Distinguished - BHPian

My friend took delivery of his Black Honda City VX 2 days back. He made some changes to the grill and sent me these pics.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-cf_00.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-cf_01.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-cf_11.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-cf_12.jpg
swiftnfurious is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 21:36   #2484

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
While that is done, I hear another metallic click sound when I go over the humps or pot holes and its not very consistent. So, the service center guys are pretty clueless how to narrow it down and rectify it.
I hear the same sound sometimes while going over humps, its more of a metallic clang. It was pretty consistent few weeks back but suddenly it stopped coming. I had shown it to the folks at magnum honda and they said that the suspension needs some torsion setting. However, I havent been able to take the car to the service folks since then for the above fix due to paucity of time.
Old 5th August 2014, 22:02   #2485
Senior - BHPian

I've logged 8,200 KMS on the ODO and will be heading for 3rd Free Service this Friday. Any tips, suggestions for what I need to ask them to check?
Old 5th August 2014, 22:27   #2486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishsharma View Post
I hear the same sound sometimes while going over humps, its more of a metallic clang. It was pretty consistent few weeks back but suddenly it stopped coming. I had shown it to the folks at magnum honda and they said that the suspension needs some torsion setting. However, I havent been able to take the car to the service folks since then for the above fix due to paucity of time.
Interesting to know that you experience it too as I thought it was a one off case. I think I should take it again sometime and do long test drive with couple of passengers to reproduce the sound. Nevertheless, keep me posted if and when you get it resolved.
Old 5th August 2014, 22:33   #2487
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
My friend took delivery of his Black Honda City VX 2 days back. He made some changes to the grill and sent me these pics.

Attachment 1270535

Attachment 1270536

Attachment 1270537

Attachment 1270538
Wow. It completely change the front look. Much more aggressive and clean.

May I suggest actually painting that chrome grill to shiny black and not the matt black. Same as body colour. Will look even better.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 02:35   #2488
BHPian

the blacked out front grill looks real nice. i saw a few E variant citys' and found the non chrome grills to look much nicer. by the way i just drove friend's city and found the ride to be very unsettled. every little bump could be felt, is it to do with the suspension or is it the tires to blame

Last edited by ishaanranderia : 6th August 2014 at 02:37.
ishaanranderia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 06:27   #2489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishaanranderia View Post
every little bump could be felt, is it to do with the suspension or is it the tires to blame
It is more due to the stiffened suspension. This move from Honda is to address the GC issues from the older version. If we notice there is no major difference in the GC numbers in both the cars, but the tweaked suspension in the current model is helping the car not to scrape its under belly.The tyres definitely have a role to play here as well because skinny tyres do not compliment the ride too well.
Cheers,
pdma.

Last edited by pdma : 6th August 2014 at 06:28.
Old 6th August 2014, 08:08   #2490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Happens on my CVT as well. Checked with service and was informed that this is the same case with all other VX variants.
Both the mirrors of VX CVT open and close simultaneously though. Maybe it is a synchronisation issue on some cars that the service guys don't want to spend time on.

Most Viewed