Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2014, 17:08   #2506
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookr View Post
I booked a VX-CVT variant with Magnum Honda, Bangalore on 12th April with the Sales Contract indicating tentative delivery in October. The Sales Consultant orally assured that delivery should be possible in September but outer limit would be October. Even though I had been following the launch and wanted to book earlier I waited as I wanted delivery post April and was under the mistaken delusion that there would not be many bookings for the top variant.

I want to check with other BHPians if anybody else is in the same boat. The current news that there will be no production of the City during August due to Honda shifting production to its Rajasthan plant will cause further delays! However I will not cancel as I currently own a City and would not think of changing.

Would appreciate hearing the views of other gurus.

Hi Bookr,

I went to the Ring Road Honda dealership yesterday and on the waiting period board they have mentioned a waiting period of 27 weeks for the top end CVT variant ( any color). This may be true however, a delivery time of October for a April booking is not feasible. Something might not be right here.
Old 6th August 2014, 18:15   #2507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post

Have purchased a Blaupunkt Sandiego 530 with Navigation to replace the OEM Audio (with the approval of ASS only ). Planning for a reverse Cam integration to it.
Congratulations. Do post with pics on the installation of the blaupunkt system. Also is the shiny black panel need to be cut to accommodate the system?
Old 6th August 2014, 20:27   #2508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
Congratulations. Do post with pics on the installation of the blaupunkt system. Also is the shiny black panel need to be cut to accommodate the system?
No. Imported panel costing 4000 is available. Will post pics after fixing.
Old 6th August 2014, 22:35   #2509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
My car (SV CVT) just finished first service last week and yesterday the A/C stopped working
Hello there,

This should not be a major one , I suspect this to be the case of loose connection to the fan.I had a similar experience long back when I had a Verna and the AC stopped working after the regular service , a quick stop the next day at the service station and after 10 min the connection was reestablished and things were back to normal.
Kindly get this checked, may be the service station touched the connections as part of some checks and missed to put everything back in place or in your case it seems the connections were not put together tight enough as this happened a week later after the service.Keep us informed if this is due to something else and how it was this fixed.

Cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 23:58   #2510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
My friend took delivery of his Black Honda City VX 2 days back. He made some changes to the grill and sent me these pics.
swiftnfurious, can you please inform me the shop where your friend did this modification from. Looks classy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Hi Bookr,

I went to the Ring Road Honda dealership yesterday and on the waiting period board they have mentioned a waiting period of 27 weeks for the top end CVT variant ( any color). This may be true however, a delivery time of October for a April booking is not feasible. Something might not be right here.
I guess the wait period varies from place to place and dealer to dealer.
Old 7th August 2014, 09:27   #2511
BHPian

Did a fuel efficiency test on my VX CVT for the past few days with resetting the trip meter on each trip. This was mainly to verify whether the paddle shifts play any role in FE.

Route from home to office and office to home (home park slot to office park slot and vice versa).

Day before yesterday, driving in 'D' mode without using paddle shifts in 75% city (probably 10% to 15% bumper to bumper conditions at Sreekaryam in TVM) and 25% highway conditions. Avg FE stood shown in MID was at 11.2 kms/l in the morning with a distance of 14.6 kms and 10.9 kms/l in the evening with a distance of 15.4 kms.

Today, morning the same route in the morning with usage of paddle shifts in 'D' mode. Conditions were slightly better (60% city conditions (10% bumper to bumper) and 40% highway conditions but needed some constant braking due to reckless drivers especially two wheelers. Up shifted whenever the engine was found revving too high. The FE shown in MID was at 12.2 kms/l.

But, what was found to be a bit of surprise was that my friend who got an Amaze Diesel who took almost the same route, distance and conditions was getting a FE of 13.3 kms/l as shown in his MID. Well, not really much I guess for a Diesel.

Will continue the FE test today evening and the following days with the paddle shifts put in use and verify if FE will increase by usage of it.

However, I am not sure if this is a right method of testing the FE with resetting meters on each trip. Please ignore this method if it's not right. Comments welcome.

Last edited by adarsh76 : 7th August 2014 at 09:30.
adarsh76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 11:10   #2512
BHPian

Hello guys. I have booked a SV CVT in May ending. Dealer still is clueless regarding the delivery date. So this goes unsaid that yes the production has stopped for August. This is getting really hard to wait each day. Can I be hopeful of getting an early delivery since many people might cancel their bookings? Is it possible that of the many shortcomings pointed out by our observant members here, some changes can be expected since they're now focusing on production shift to Tapukara?
Old 7th August 2014, 12:09   #2513

Hi,

I took the delivery of SV MT iVTEC yesterday and upgraded the tyres to XM2 195-60-15.

1. Please suggest which alloy wheels to go for. The honda dealer is quoting 33k for a set of 4 alloys. Is it a fair deal?

2. Is it better to go for the oem reverse sensors or go for aftermarket ones?

3. Any inputs on fog lamps will be very helpful.

4. Does the car really need an underbody coat and a sunprotective film?

I had booked the V variant which has all these feature but due to availability issues had to settle for SV.
Old 7th August 2014, 12:24   #2514
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp_magnum View Post
Hi,

I took the delivery of SV MT iVTEC yesterday and upgraded the tyres to XM2 195-60-15.

1. Please suggest which alloy wheels to go for. The honda dealer is quoting 33k for a set of 4 alloys. Is it a fair deal?

2. Is it better to go for the oem reverse sensors or go for aftermarket ones?

3. Any inputs on fog lamps will be very helpful.

4. Does the car really need an underbody coat and a sunprotective film?

I had booked the V variant which has all these feature but due to availability issues had to settle for SV.
1) OEM alloys will be expensive. You can try Lenso or Evo wheels and it will around 20k-25k.
2) It's better to go for OEM ones as their work will be neat. If you find a better workmanship at any local shop, you can try that and there will be a noticeable difference in the price.
3) Fog lamps is pretty useful as it gives a wide spread and illuminates the road well. Mind you, it doesnt provide a long throw. Short area will be well illuminated.
4) Better to go for underbody as it prevents rust. Should cost 3k-3.5k. As for the films did you mean the sun control films or the PPF films (protective films on the body)?
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 12:39   #2515
BHPian

Anyone managed to get good quality 3d mats for the new city?
Old 7th August 2014, 12:46   #2516

@naveen.raju
Thanks for the reply.
I was talking about the sun control films (transparent ones), if you think they'll help please suggest a brand (Garware / 3M )
I'll get the underbody coating done as you suggested. Is 3M good enough?
Old 7th August 2014, 13:41   #2517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
1) OEM alloys will be expensive. You can try Lenso or Evo wheels and it will around 20k-25k.
2) It's better to go for OEM ones as their work will be neat. If you find a better workmanship at any local shop, you can try that and there will be a noticeable difference in the price.
3) Fog lamps is pretty useful as it gives a wide spread and illuminates the road well. Mind you, it doesnt provide a long throw. Short area will be well illuminated.
4) Better to go for underbody as it prevents rust. Should cost 3k-3.5k. As for the films did you mean the sun control films or the PPF films (protective films on the body)?
1) You can check on Neo Alloys as well. Also, do get 5 alloys instead of 4. 6/6.5J Alloys will go well with 195/60 profile tyres
2) I second here as that's what I have got
4) Its a mixed bag here. Its generally recommended in coastal areas or roads where salt presence is there which leads to rusting. 3M says that it also helps in sound dampening/noise coming from pebbles/stones hitting underbody chassis.
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 13:43   #2518
BHPian

Quote:

Have purchased a Blaupunkt Sandiego 530 with Navigation to replace the OEM Audio (with the approval of ASS only ). Planning for a reverse Cam integration to it.
I have to change the stock headunit as well. Please upload the pictures when you get the time.
Where did you buy the dashkit from?

Quote:
No. Imported panel costing 4000 is available. Will post pics after fixing.
Waiting for the pictures!!
Where did you source it?

One more question, the clock in odometer is adjusted through the stock headunit. If I remove the stock system, the clock would disappear?

Last edited by SumitBahl : 7th August 2014 at 13:45.
Old 7th August 2014, 13:47   #2519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
I have to change the stock headunit as well. Please upload the pictures when you get the time.
Where did you buy the dashkit from?
Yes. Sure. The panel is available in two variants of two qualities with local auto shops as well as dealers. One set is imported shining black the other is local made and you can easily say it is local at the first look.

I will sure post the pictures after assembly.
Old 7th August 2014, 16:56   #2520
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp_magnum View Post
@naveen.raju
Thanks for the reply.
I was talking about the sun control films (transparent ones), if you think they'll help please suggest a brand (Garware / 3M )
I'll get the underbody coating done as you suggested. Is 3M good enough?
I have heard Garware is pretty good for heat rejection. Moreover, as the films are banned now, it's better to go for transparent films. BHPian Binford installed it and as per him heat rejection is good. Check the photos here. it;s 100% transparent.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2998755

3M is good for underbody. I got it done at 3M.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed