Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2014, 10:44   #2656
BHPian

Dear TBhpians, Today morning I found both the front and back logos of my Honda City 2013 have been stolen. Need your inputs. Where should I buy them and how much do they cost? Is there anything called Original or Duplicate in this? Which one I should go for? Where should I buy them in Bangalore? Should I replace them at all?? It hurts to have the car defaced like this. Many thanks in advance.

Mods: If this is not the right thread, kindly move it to an appropriate place. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Has anybody had a problem with a stuffy smell inside the car?
You must not have a stuffy smell in your car. That means something has gone stale (Just an analogy - materials etc). From the post, I derive that its a new car, and it should have a new car smell. Try using Sonax car seat cleaner and see if it goes away. I dont know about your energy levels to fight, but get some seat covers if the problems persist, and if Honda can not resolve it.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 25th August 2014 at 11:44. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 24th August 2014, 11:29   #2657
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Well I noticed the Grinding sound from the engine today for the first time today. I guess the same sound that a lot of people have been referring to.

My next servicing is not due till October. Should I be going to the Service center ASAP or would it be OK if I inform the Service center about the problem during the next servicing itself.
You can take it to the service and inform this. They most probably will order a new drive belt which would take 1 to 2 weeks. Better you show them now instead of waiting till service. By that time if there is any new sound with new belt that can be notified.

I got my drive belt changed 2 weeks back and there is no sound so far.
adarsh76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 10:57   #2658
BHPian

Is anyone planning to sell the Original OE Alloy wheels of ANHC 2014

Please let me know, could not see any listing in classfieds

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
Dear TBhpians, Today morning I found both the front and back logos of my Honda City 2013 have been stolen.

Mods: If this is not the right thread, kindly move it to an appropriate place. Thank you.
Feel sad for you,

Better to get it from the dealer, im sure you will get the right quality from Authorised dealer

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 25th August 2014 at 11:46.
ckmraja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 12:49   #2659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
I've got the pre-tensioner bearing sound addressed during the service. ...
One more issue I got addressed is the loose rubber beading around the frame for the rear doors (right rear door in my case)
They confirmed that this is a common issue reported and have fixed the same. The black rubber beadings are tighter now, although it will easily come off if it is pulled or tugged.
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 13:46   #2660
BHPian

Update on the drive belt noise problem:

It is there in all its glory. Got the belt changed. Sound vanished for some days then returned with a vengeance. Have been to Whitefield Honda multiple times for this. They adjust and lubricate the belt and the sound stops for some days and then returns. I feel that the generic service guys do not have the technical skills to root cause the issue and Honda does not care too much. I was thinking of escalating it to the Honda Head quaters but i guess all they will do is send me back to the dealer. Wondering what to do now. Three choices exist.

1. Live with the belt noise. It is no very intrusive. Worst case if there is slip in the belt, the belt may overheat and wear out faster. Replacing the belt is not very expensive. And the slip is not enough to signficantly impact AC/alternator performance.

2. Sell the car.

3. Take the opinion of outside expert mechanic.

For 3 are there any recommended mechanics in Bangalore.
JediKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 18:54   #2661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
Update on the drive belt noise problem:

It is there in all its glory. Got the belt changed. Sound vanished for some days then returned with a vengeance. Have been to Whitefield Honda multiple times for this. They adjust and lubricate the belt and the sound stops for some days and then returns. I feel that the generic service guys do not have the technical skills to root cause the issue and Honda does not care too much. I was thinking of escalating it to the Honda Head quaters but i guess all they will do is send me back to the dealer. Wondering what to do now. Three choices exist.

1. Live with the belt noise. It is no very intrusive. Worst case if there is slip in the belt, the belt may overheat and wear out faster. Replacing the belt is not very expensive. And the slip is not enough to signficantly impact AC/alternator performance.

2. Sell the car.

3. Take the opinion of outside expert mechanic.

For 3 are there any recommended mechanics in Bangalore.
One more option. Please take it to another Honda dealership (experienced ones) and confirm about this.
Old 25th August 2014, 20:24   #2662
BHPian

Quote:
Dear TBhpians, Today morning I found both the front and back logos of my Honda City 2013 have been stolen. Need your inputs. Where should I buy them and how much do they cost? Is there anything called Original or Duplicate in this? Which one I should go for? Where should I buy them in Bangalore? Should I replace them at all?? It hurts to have the car defaced like this. Many thanks in advance.
Search this thread for options
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-india-45.html
Vahanam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 22:29   #2663

Hi,

I have a golden brown SV MT iVtec.

1. The Honda dealer is saying that the parking sensors may not work properly after being painted brown? Anyone faced a similar issue.

2. If I get a set of 5 alloy wheels, will the fifth alloy (15 x 6.5j) fit in the wheel well properly?
awp_magnum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 01:38   #2664
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

That's sad. Please do buy from authorised showrooms only. Otherwise you might be encouraging the aftermarket sale of such parts- one reason why they were stolen in the first place.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 03:01   #2665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp_magnum View Post
Hi,

1. The Honda dealer is saying that the parking sensors may not work properly after being painted brown? Anyone faced a similar issue.

2. If I get a set of 5 alloy wheels, will the fifth alloy (15 x 6.5j) fit in the wheel well properly?
Hello awp ,

There are many folks on this forum who got the sensors painted to match the color of the bumper and they have not reported any issues to the best of my knowledge.So IMO the sensors should work fine after painting them to a desired color.

Also I see that there is sufficient place in the boot to accommodate the larger alloy that you are trying to source in.

Pic from the official review,
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-newhondacity18.jpg  

pdma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 08:34   #2666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp_magnum View Post
Hi,

I have a golden brown SV MT iVtec.

1.: I have White SV CVT and have got the sensors from Dakshin Honda itself and had them painted white. They said that there are 2 types and the high end one (which I got) works just fine with paint and is covered under warranty. The other way to look is, if it is still covered under warranty (post paint), the sensors are expected to work as it is. It's been 5 months and they work just perfect. I/my wife have never felt a need of camera. I paid 6.5K for the same.

2.: I've got 6.5J Neo alloys along with P3ST 195/60R15. The tyre/alloy fit in the boot. The only thing is that the cardboard sort of cover over it will stay a bit raised due to the wider tyres. Again that should not matter at all. It'll be a small hump and would not damage the tyre even when the boot is loaded.
neel911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 10:31   #2667
BHPian

An update on the drive belt noise in City IVTEC. I visited Peninsular Honda to check on a few complaints. I notified one of the Senior Service Adviser about the belt noise even after replacing the belt for few people.

As per him, there are many complaints gone to Honda on this and it seems they're going to introduce a new high tension belt for IVTEC. Hope that might rectify this issue.

Last edited by adarsh76 : 26th August 2014 at 10:44.
adarsh76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 11:51   #2668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
One more option. Please take it to another Honda dealership (experienced ones) and confirm about this.
Whitefiled Honda is supposed to be the most experienced dealer in Bangalore. People who are visiting other dealers in Bangalore have similar experience.
Old 26th August 2014, 11:55   #2669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
An update on the drive belt noise in City IVTEC. I visited Peninsular Honda to check on a few complaints. I notified one of the Senior Service Adviser about the belt noise even after replacing the belt for few people.

As per him, there are many complaints gone to Honda on this and it seems they're going to introduce a new high tension belt for IVTEC. Hope that might rectify this issue.
Sometimes get a feeling Honda chose a cheaper part to cut costs. You can see evidence of desperate cost cutting measure all across the car. From the exposed wiring in the boot to the missing low beam indicator on the dashboard.

It is high time Honda takes notice and gives the correct solution. They have ruined the new car ownership experience of a lot of people because of this.
JediKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 12:31   #2670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
... I see that there is sufficient place in the boot to accommodate the larger alloy that you are trying to source in.

I'm thinking of placing the spare Tyre in the boot with the air nozzle pointed up so that its easy to check and fill air. In the current position, the fastener has to be unscrewed and the tyre flipped up to access the air nozzle, which is a real pain.

To secure the Tyre in the position with the nozzle up, I'll need a longer threaded rod.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 26th August 2014 at 12:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks