Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2014, 09:46   #2821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight.rider View Post
He said that the VIN number is known when they receive the car. Is it true?

Also, they are saying that RSA, extended warranty and comprehensive insurance is compulsory.
This is not even remotely true.The VIN number is known as soon as the car is allocated and before it is dispatched to the dealer.
Also the RSA and extended warranty are 100% choice of the customers and the dealer is behaving bullish in this case.
As already said most of the times its the dealer playing the spoil sport in the customer buying experience and this is another classic example.

Cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 12:43   #2822
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Hopefully be given to me on 2nd October. We hope to see it in our driveway on Dusshera, I.e. 3rd October.
Hoping that your wish comes true. In the US, 2nd of October is "Name your car day" Start thinking!
Quote:
Also, they are saying that RSA, extended warranty and comprehensive insurance is compulsory.
Agreeing with pdma, it is just the dealer trying to make some extra cash. In my case, our dealer gave the prices separately and clearly mentioned that it is our choice. Here is a link you can show to your dealer and ask him/her to explain why the policy differs.
https://hondacarindia.com/ownahonda/...-warranty.aspx

Choice of insurance is your prerogative too, the only compulsory part is that that the chosen insurance should meet the requirements to be road legal. (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-bag-salt.html)
Quote:
Does that mean that Honda is confident that the car will stop working all of a sudden in the middle of the road and the parts will stop functioning after warranty period?
I would take it the other way. It can also mean that they expect the machine to function slightly beyond the extended warranty period. For this scheme to benefit the company financially, it should not be recovered from them during the coverage period. (Or they will be having a devious plot to cover the cost by overcharging for uncovered spares or some phenomenal labor charges). It is debatable
sun_king is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 13:42   #2823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
This is not even remotely true.The VIN number is known as soon as the car is allocated and before it is dispatched to the dealer.
Also the RSA and extended warranty are 100% choice of the customers and the dealer is behaving bullish in this case.
As already said most of the times its the dealer playing the spoil sport in the customer buying experience and this is another classic example.

Cheers,
pdma.
Pdma is absolutely right. VIN number as well as Name on which that vehicle is billed is all known when it moves out of the factory. In my case I got the VIN number once it moved out and verified it to be July make and got billed on 31st July.

Same way RSA and Extended Warranty are our choice. I paid inclusive of RSA and on the date of delivery opted out of RSA and got a refund cheque of about 4600 after a month, from Sundaram Honda.
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 14:15   #2824
Team-BHP Support

The VIN is stamped on an identification plate (with other details like variant, color, engine type etc.) when the car is manufactured (how else will they identify the car on stock manifests?). If they aren't giving you a VIN, the car they've 'allocated' exists only in their minds!

Insist on getting your car's VIN or your booking cancelled immediately, and see the truth come out

About the add-ons you're being pressured to buy, tell them firmly you want all their claims written and countersigned on the firm's letterhead so you can verify it with Honda. They'll retract faster than you can spell R-E-T-R-A-C-T.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 18th September 2014 at 14:17.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 16:05   #2825
BHPian

A tale of two dealers :

Basudev Honda, Ranchi. It was a sort of mixed feelings as far as the interaction with the Honda dealers go. I booked a Honda city VMT petrol with Basudev Honda in Ranchi in June. Initially the SA told me that I would get the delivery in mid September which I asked for. I was in regular touch with this guy after the booking amount of 51000/- was made. By mid August he said that September was not possible due to Honda shifting its plant to Rajasthan and that he would deliver the car by first week of October. I am a bong and hence requested if I could be delivered the car on 1st October which also coincides with Durga Puja to which he readily agreed. But second time the promise was broken by first week this month when the dealer's representative stopped taking my calls when I started calling up to confirm the date of delivery. Finally when I called up from my colleagues mobile and got through to him, he told me that it would not be possible to deliver on 01 Oct but a week later. As luck would have it, my wife's birthday is on 10 October and so I requested him to deliver on 09/10 Oct and I made plans to surprise my wife. But little did I know surprise was awaiting me. On 12 September, when I called him up to confirm dates, he said I could take a VXMT if I wanted. VMT would take 2/3 weeks more. This incident disturbed me a lot and thanks to team bhp as I had read in some post about online complaints being sent to honda. I followed the same path and wrote about my grievance. I received a call from the customer care the next day. Meanwhile the persons at Basudev Honda called me up and asked me as to why I had lodged a complaint. On this I told them the entire episode and asked them if it wasnt reason enough? I was promised a call from the sales manager which I haven't received till date. However, I got a mail stating that they would not be able to deliver the car till 30 Oct and if I am not in agreement, i could cancel the booking and get the amount refunded. I have mailed them my acct no but am yet to receive the refund amount.

Deep Honda, Bathinda. A colleague referred me to this dealer early in May and I called up and requested a test drive. I was offered a test drive the very next day by a ery courteous sales person who turned up at my office with the car. I was quite surprised given to understand that Honda dealers are quite snobbish. However as I was promised a better deal by another colleague through Basudev Honda, I booked the car with them. But after this debacle, I called up the SA at Deep Honda who readily agreed to help me. I booked the car on 14 September VMT Petrol and will get the delivery on 19 October. I have already been getting regular calls regarding despatch of the consignment from Honda factory by 25/27 of this month and confirmation regarding paper work.

Thus one one hand I was literally befooled and antagonised by one dealer but treated in a very courteous and gentle manner by another one dealing in the same brand. If Honda is hearing this, dealers like Basudev Honda should be blacklisted as they are leaving lot of customers aggrieved like me.

Last edited by Eddy : 18th September 2014 at 17:10. Reason: Formatting
aviator1101 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 16:18   #2826
BHPian

CQ coating done to My Pearl Red Honda City

Today I got the CQ coating done to RedBull at DriveClean - Chennai. He has done a wonderful job. Details and pictures posted in the link below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenna...ml#post3536611

Just attaching a sample picture to illustrate the mirror like reflection after the job was done.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-17_s.jpg
Seran Manian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 17:08   #2827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Today I got the CQ coating done to RedBull at DriveClean - Chennai. He has done a wonderful job. Details and pictures posted in the link below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenna...ml#post3536611

Just attaching a sample picture to illustrate the mirror like reflection after the job was done.
I guess this is done by Baranjil. I saw the pics of a red city he posted in his thread on Gearheads. If it's the same car then the work done by him is amazing. How much was the total cost involved?
Old 18th September 2014, 22:51   #2828
BHPian

Quote:
I was given on road price as Rs. 11.15, now they are telling me to pay Rs. 10.46 on road. Why this difference? This question is still not answered. So I wont pay till they insist. Is it due to excise cuts? Also, they are saying that RSA, extended warranty and comprehensive insurance is compulsory
Hello again knight.rider,

Iam attaching the price list from a dealer in Hyderabad which clearly shows that the EW , RSA & the essential kit are optional. May be you can use this as support when you get into a dialogue with the dealer.

Also can anyone else point out if the prices have come down effective this month due to the excise duty cut, if this is the case then all folks buying now should be cautious with the invoice amount.

Iam looking forward for the inputs of the forum members on the price cut.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-hc4.jpg

cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 07:24   #2829
Geo
BHPian

All the Bangalore dealers had stated that extended warranty, RSA, and starter kit were optional. I didn't include starter kit in my purchase.
Geo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 10:54   #2830
BHPian

RC entry issue: Honda City from purchased from Perfect Honda, Trivandrum

Yet another carelessness from Perfect Honda, Trivandrum.

Whoever, took delivery of Honda City from Perfect Honda, advice you to check if the vehicle details are correct in your Registration Certificate.

I had the following mistakes in RC:

1. BHP - Mentioned as 87.7 BHP in RC. The actual BHP for City petrol is 119 BHP. The sale letter mentions 87.7 KW. Normally, the records in Kerala RTO displays power in BHP and the dealership converts it to BHP in the sale letter. This was not done by Perfect Honda.

2. Mfd. Month mentioned wrong - This was a mistake from the RTO side.

3. Wheelbase - Not mentioned in Sale Letter. Hence, displayed as 0.00 in RTO website for my car.

4. Maker Class - Just mentioned as Honda City. No trims and variant mentioned. Again not mentioned in Sale Letter.

Probably all of these had to be added as an addendum in the Sale Letter which Perfect Honda haven't done.

To make matters worse, one lady responsible for the issuance of the Sale Letter doesn't know how to handle the situation. I have informed another person there to look into this and also raised a complaint with Honda Customer Care.

None of the above mistakes are not reported in my friend's car's RC who took delivery from Peninsular Honda.
adarsh76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 17:45   #2831
BHPian

An update on my situation. I have received confirmation of delivery of my car on 3rd October. On emailing them and adding a CC to the CRM, I directly asked them to give it in writing that all the extras are compulsory. Within 12 hours I got a call from them stating it is not compulsory and they are ready to give the car only on ex, Road tax, 3rd party insurance and LBT. I told them to mail me the details confirming it. And they stated the same in the email. A whopping Rs. 44000 approx. amount is saved.
My thanks to seran manian, pdma, sun_king, Geo, Chetan_Rao and doctorkk for providing such valuable info and our thread starter @gto for providing us the platform to share and learn from each other!
knight.rider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 19:44   #2832
BHPian

Quote:
Within 12 hours I got a call from them stating it is not compulsory and they are ready to give the car only on ex, Road tax, 3rd party insurance and LBT. I told them to mail me the details confirming it. And they stated the same in the email. A whopping Rs. 44000 approx. amount is saved.
That's definitely good news mate.May I know the trim that you have opted for. Also Iam a little lost on the 44K saving kindly let us know what the breakup here is as I don't think the EW & RSA would alone cost that much.
The reason iam curious is because may be it will help many to save that kind of money if we know how to do that , as 44K any day is huge .

Quote:
I was given on road price as Rs. 11.15, now they are telling me to pay Rs. 10.46 on road. Why this difference? This question is still not answered. So I wont pay till they insist. Is it due to excise cuts?
I also did some search on internet on the excise cut , however what I read and understood is that the exice duty wavier was always there and the new government extended the same until Dec 31 2014 for the benefit of the manufacturers. So I don't think there will be any additional price cut on the cars.

I would request other members to share any future information if available.

cheers,
pdma.
Old 19th September 2014, 20:13   #2833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
That's definitely good news mate.May I know the trim that you have opted for. Also Iam a little lost on the 44K saving kindly let us know what the breakup here is as I don't think the EW & RSA would alone cost that much.
The reason iam curious is because may be it will help many to save that kind of money if we know how to do that , as 44K any day is huge .
I am paying Rs. 3500 3rd party insurance instead of Rs. 33496 comprehensive insurance.
Not paying Rs. 10500 EW and 4600 RSA.
So, adding that up i am saving Rs. 45100.
My trim is SV CVT Taffeta White.
knight.rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 20:20   #2834
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
An update on my situation. I have received confirmation of delivery of my car on 3rd October. On emailing them and adding a CC to the CRM, I directly asked them to give it in writing that all the extras are compulsory. Within 12 hours I got a call from them stating it is not compulsory and they are ready to give the car only on ex, Road tax, 3rd party insurance and LBT. I told them to mail me the details confirming it. And they stated the same in the email. A whopping Rs. 44000 approx. amount is saved.
My thanks to seran manian, pdma, sun_king, Geo, Chetan_Rao and doctorkk for providing such valuable info and our thread starter @gto for providing us the platform to share and learn from each other!
Good news! I'm not sure of your quoted saving amount though (esp. the bolded part about insurance). Ensure you have comprehensive insurance (not just 3rd party), whether you take it from the dealer or an outside quote is your choice based on what you find best.

Your car delivery is only about 2 weeks away. Have a good time and enjoy the new car.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 21:01   #2835
BHPian

Quote:
Great. What a fighter you are. All the best.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks