Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2015, 19:36   #3676
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Finally my City has been delivered today. Such a nice feeling. Thank you team-bhp for helping me make my decision.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-work1.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-work2.jpg
Carpainter is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th March 2015, 19:56   #3677
BHPian

Urgent help needed - I have booked a City VX CVT about a week back and the sales associate told at the time of booking that it would take 1-2 months.
I have got a call from him today saying - some customer backed out due to finance issues and he would allocate the car to me (same color, VX CVT) and is asking me to proceed with my finance (bank).

He says, he cannot provide the VIN yet as VIN is yet to be allocated and says that car can be delivered to me by this month end. He is asking for this 'help' and 'adjust'. Why did use the terms 'help' and 'adjust'? My suspicion raised because, he would have directly told me that car can be delivered to me by month end, why does he have to tell some one backed out etc. - then I would have proceeded with bank finance.

Something is missing here? He is pushing me to provide documents to process the loan tomorrow.

I'm sure some of you based on your experience can tell me if they are up to something or am I over imagining things and can safely go ahead with bank finance without a VIN being allocated to me and based on his 'words' that car will be delivered to my this month end?

Thank you all.
Old 11th March 2015, 20:02   #3678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolveins View Post

Something is missing here? He is pushing me to provide documents to process the loan tomorrow.
Never ever go for the car without checking the VIN. If somebody did decide to reject the car and the SA is ready to allocate the same to you in a hurry, that means he must have the VIN with him. If the VIN says that the car is 2015 make then you can go for it provided that the car doesn't have any other problems (scratches etc.). Insist him to provide the VIN or else don't go for it. It could be a 2014 model that he is trying to push. Just my imagination though.

Last edited by Carpainter : 11th March 2015 at 20:11.
Carpainter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2015, 20:03   #3679

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Is this smell noticed when the car (and the a/c) is started? Then it should mostly be a fungus problem with the a/c. If it's a persistent smell from the a/c - please get the a/c cabin filter checked.

If the smell is pungent when the car is parked under sunlight for sometime, it could be the plastics.
Have done the A/C duct cleaning once with 3M some months back, but then in a couple of days after the new wash smell subsides, its the same old story. My car is in shaded parking all day and night. I do roll down windows for 2 mins or so for the air to circulate before driving the car each time, as no way i could get in without that procedure ( can't wade in with that stuffy smell ). Turning ON A/C does not have much effect, as this exist all day long, so much that i had to drive with external air in ventilation switch all the time, in addition roll down windows during the drive to minimise this stuffiness.
Old 11th March 2015, 21:08   #3680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
If you noticed, the final amount printed on my policy is also 25k something. That is the 'official ' price. Like I said, I got it for less because I bought it well in advance. This is how they work. The sooner you buy it, better the cash discount you get.

The insurance people are desperate to meet their monthly targets and if you approach them right when your insurance is about to expire, they also know that you really don't have many options left. Rest, it is upto your bargaining skills.
Shreyans,

I really don't mean to spoil your mood or fun with regards to the Insurance premium you received. But before you think you received a good discount, just look at the below calculations for you and RavenAvi both.

Insurance Premium Calculations for Shreyans / RavenAvi (First Value is for Shreyans and Second value is for Raven Avi:
  • IDV - 856,000 / 819,200 Rs.
  • Basic Premium - 19,120 / 18,298 Rs. (2.23% for both)
  • Anti-theft Device – 478 Rs. (Same for both)
  • Zero Dep Add-On Premium - 6,420 Rs. (Same for Both)
  • Engine Protect Plus – Not opted / 1106 Rs.
  • NCB – 20% (Same for both)
  • Basic Third Party Liability Premium - 1,332 Rs. (Same for Both)
  • Compulsory PA Cover (Owner Driver) - Not Opted / 100 Rs. (Shreyans did not opt else would have been same)
  • Additional PA Cover (Paid Driver) - Not Opted / 100 Rs. (Shreyans did not opt else would have been same)
  • Additional PA Cover (40,000 per person) for 5 Persons - 100 / 500 Rs. (RavenAvi ‘s insurance shows Rs. 200,000 per person, hence 5 times)
  • Paid Driver – Rs. 50 (Same for both)
  • Service Tax - 12.36% (Same for both)

This is what we call comparing Apple to Apple in our business. Had both the parties considered the same things while renewing insurance, the Insurance premium would be same. Honda Assure does not provide any discount directly on the Insurance premium, but some of the dealers while renewing the insurance provide Cash back. (Something which I got from the Dealer)

My City is a Petrol one. So there is only slight differences in the Zero-Dep and Engine Protect Plus, else all other things remain the same even for me. I am renewing my Insurance about a month early.

In fact, I had requested for Honda Assure quotation for Royal Sundaram and Bajaj Allianz too, when my original Insurance is actually Iffco Tokio. The Insurance premium was the same for Royal Sundaram & Bajaj Allianz as that of Iffco Tokio. You go for Insurance other than Honda Assure, you will never find all their quotes matching. In fact, Royal Sundaram's quote is above 30K under normal insurance, whereas Iffco Tokio is quoting around 22K.

Last edited by tejas08 : 11th March 2015 at 21:12. Reason: Added some more information
tejas08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2015, 21:19   #3681
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Had both the parties considered the same things while renewing insurance, the Insurance premium would be same. Honda Assure does not provide any discount directly on the Insurance premium, but some of the dealers while renewing the insurance provide Cash back. (Something which I got from the Dealer)

Exactly my point. The discount is from the dealer's side. The price as printed on the policy is not the final price, and one can realistically negotiate to around 70-75% of what they initially quote. The so called discount is a part of the dealer's commission.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2015, 22:16   #3682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Exactly my point. The discount is from the dealer's side. The price as printed on the policy is not the final price, and one can realistically negotiate to around 70-75% of what they initially quote. The so called discount is a part of the dealer's commission.
My bad. I did not read the post carefully where you said that you paid 21,700 Rs. So you did get a good discount actually. Similarly I got Rs. 1500 cash back.
Old 12th March 2015, 06:39   #3683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinride View Post
Have done the A/C duct cleaning once with 3M some months back, but then in a couple of days after the new wash smell subsides, its the same old story. My car is in shaded parking all day and night. I do roll down windows for 2 mins or so for the air to circulate before driving the car each time, as no way i could get in without that procedure ( can't wade in with that stuffy smell ). Turning ON A/C does not have much effect, as this exist all day long, so much that i had to drive with external air in ventilation switch all the time, in addition roll down windows during the drive to minimise this stuffiness.
If it is a musty smell when the car is started that it maybe fungus in a/c duct related issue, due to moisture. Try not parking in shade for a week. In fact park it in the sunlight for a week. The heat may dry out any fungus. Let us know if this works.
Old 12th March 2015, 15:07   #3684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolveins View Post
Urgent help needed - I have booked a City VX CVT about a week back and the sales associate told at the time of booking that it would take 1-2 months.
I have got a call from him today saying - some customer backed out due to finance issues and he would allocate the car to me (same color, VX CVT) and is asking me to proceed with my finance (bank).

He says, he cannot provide the VIN yet as VIN is yet to be allocated and says that car can be delivered to me by this month end. He is asking for this 'help' and 'adjust'. Why did use the terms 'help' and 'adjust'? My suspicion raised because, he would have directly told me that car can be delivered to me by month end, why does he have to tell some one backed out etc. - then I would have proceeded with bank finance.

I'm sure some of you based on your experience can tell me if they are up to something or am I over imagining things and can safely go ahead with bank finance without a VIN being allocated to me and based on his 'words' that car will be delivered to my this month end?

Thank you all.
My case was similar. Just because some one could not arrange for money I got it out of turn. You can always arrange for your loan with bank and hand over the DD or ask them to send funds to his account only on verifying that it is invoiced in your name and verification of VIN.

If there is a delay you would only start paying your debts with bank early .
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2015, 17:31   #3685
MMX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
Finally my City has been delivered today. Such a nice feeling. Thank you team-bhp for helping me make my decision.

Attachment 1348768

Attachment 1348767
Congratulations Carpainter, It looks so grand. Especially the Golden Metallic Brown. I like the character of this color and the way it changes shades in varying Light.

You must be so proud with your possession.

Keep us updated with the various upgrades and Car Care steps that you take.
MMX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2015, 17:40   #3686
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I do roll down windows for 2 mins or so for the air to circulate before driving the car each time, as no way i could get in without that procedure ( can't wade in with that stuffy smell ). Turning ON A/C does not have much effect, as this exist all day long, so much that i had to drive with external air in ventilation switch all the time, in addition roll down windows during the drive to minimise this stuffiness.
This sounds like the plastics all right. And its not a one-off issue IMO. Had read a few other complaints regarding this when I compiled the niggles thread. BHP'ians avdhesh15 & Geo had raised this concern back in mid 2014 IIRC. And then, there are these -

http://www.consumercourt.in/car/1389...r26cg2999.html
http://www.carwale.com/honda-cars/ci...ews/43520.html
Old 12th March 2015, 17:45   #3687
BHPian

Guys,

I own a V MT i-VTec and it is due for its second free service in a couple of days time. Please let me know what activities/ works need to be insisted upon (change of any filters, fluids etc). I would be referring to the manual tonight but wanted to take advice from other i-VTec owners however.

Thanks.
Old 12th March 2015, 18:40   #3688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnersPride View Post
Guys,

I own a V MT i-VTec and it is due for its second free service in a couple of days time. Please let me know what activities/ works need to be insisted upon (change of any filters, fluids etc). I would be referring to the manual tonight but wanted to take advice from other i-VTec owners however.

Thanks.
Follow the manual and do everything that HONDA recommends in it. You should be good with it.

In addition I had asked them to do a 3M treatment coating on the bottom to protect metal against rust & pebbles and stones hitting and chipping the paint.

You can also ask for rotating the tires.
Old 12th March 2015, 19:37   #3689
BHPian

Quote:
Have you tried sending an email to Honda about this issue?

Smell from AC ducts, be it car or room air conditioners are a possibility when there is too much of moisture accumulation. Normally this smell goes off after a few minutes of operation.

Even if this is a plastic issue (if confirmed), I guess the defective ones would be replaced under warranty. Dealers will be hesitant to report a warranty issue due to few reasons i.e. if the dealer diagnoses the issue as plastics and send for a warranty, Honda will be examining the part and if found it's not a plastic issue then dealer has to pay for the part replaced.

I suggest you should inform Honda and register a formal complaint with the tracking number. If that doesn't work out, file a case. Nevertheless, if its a bad plastic smell I suggest you should not drive the car. The plastic smell is very much hazardous for our health.
Old 13th March 2015, 12:06   #3690
Senior - BHPian

Can we replace 175 width tyres on SV variant with 195/60-15? I hope steel wheel rim width is 5.5J atleast.

Most Viewed