Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2015, 10:18   #3931
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Done the 12th month scheduled service with ODO at 11,651 kms. Here is the break up and cost including taxes:

Medium Paid Service Labor Charge : 1179.98
Engine Oil (Non Synthetic) : 1298.91
Oil Filter Cartridge : 148.85
Washer Plug Drain : 20.84
General Repair : 898.88
Dust and Pollen Filter : 856
Windscreen Fluid : 49.46
Total : 4452.73 rounded off to 4453.00

Service Adviser said Dust and Pollen Filter needs to be cleaned only and not necessary to replace. However, I insisted on replacing and was replaced. Thought to go with what Honda mentioned in the manual.

Car is performing great and day by day I'm getting excited to drive. FE displayed immediately on the MID after service cruised to 14 (on a congested highway) and settled down at 11.3 after bumper to bumper and parking towards the end.

Sorry guys, I forgot to ask what they did to reduce the sound in my car. Whoever had asked me about this, I will let know soon. FYI - The car is still riding much much silent than before. At speeds above 40 the engine sound is barely heard.
Replaced the stock wipers with Bosch Clear Advantage Wipers (24 inch and 14 inch) for an amount of 890. Excellent wipers, no noise and smooth cleaning without any vibration. No streaks except in the top most edge of the long wiper which is normal. Had this for the stock wipers as well initially which faded off by use.

Including this the 12 month scheduled service cost can be taken as 4453 + 890 = 5343.

The total service cost after completing 1 year on my VX CVT is as follows:

6 month scheduled service : 1519
12 month scheduled service : 5343

Total : 6862

Last edited by adarsh76 : 27th May 2015 at 10:20.
Old 27th May 2015, 10:27   #3932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
A colleague of mine took a City for a TD today.

SA who came for the TD confirmed that there is still a MINIMUM 2 month waiting period for ANY variant.

Considering the 4th gen city was launched back in 2013, a 2 month waiting period is just ridiculous. I can't accept it, and neither did my colleague.

It's just unbelievable that people are willing to wait 2 months for a mass produced product, that comes off in hordes from an assembly line!

My colleague was so pissed off with this B.S, he has scheduled a TD for a Verna tomorrow
Well, I guess majority of buyers of the City are people who are upgrading an existing car and so 2 months of wait time is not so bad. Is Verna a good equivalent for the City ? - Maybe if the rear seat is never going to be used
Old 28th May 2015, 07:03   #3933
BHPian

My City VMT petrol is due for the third free service next month. Need advice on what all things should I lay more stress on. Its done only around 4000 kms. If any member can help with details including breakdown of the bill since this is the first service where any expenditure is likely to be incurred (for engine oil etc)
Old 28th May 2015, 08:49   #3934
BHPian

Aviator 1101, you'll find a lot on the details that you requested if you scroll up on this thread. Must add that they are pretty threadbare :-)
Old 28th May 2015, 08:52   #3935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
My City VMT petrol is due for the third free service next month. Need advice on what all things should I lay more stress on. Its done only around 4000 kms. If any member can help with details including breakdown of the bill since this is the first service where any expenditure is likely to be incurred (for engine oil etc)
The only expenditure expected is the Oil & Oil Filter Change. This would be Approx. Rs. 1,450. (About 1200 for Oil and 150 for Oil filter and rest Taxes)

Unless you have any issue with the car, I don't think there is anything to stress about to the Service Advisor. Since you have done just 4000 Kms, you wouldn't need Wheel Alignment or Balancing unless you feel the need for it due to some syptoms calling for WA & WB.

One more thing I would suggest would be to take your car to 3M too for Exterior Detailing. Interior Detailing depending on your usage (Eating habits in the car, AC usage Vs. Open Windows) you can do it once in 6 months or a year.
Old 28th May 2015, 09:52   #3936
BHPian

Mods, please excuse for the back-to-back post. The Edit option for the earlier post was gone already.

LATEST Update on Alternator Belt Grinding Noise

I will keep this post very short. If anyone wants to know the details of the horrible experience of repeated trips to the ASC, please visit the link below and read post 32 & 35.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3717227

ASC did the following during their process of rectification of the Problem:
  1. Clean Drive Belt and Lubricate Idler Pulley and Refit.
  2. Replace Drive Belt & Idler Pulley
  3. Removal and Refitment of Alternator and Crank Pulley
  4. Replacement of the Alternator under Warranty.

Post the 4th Sr. no. there is no noise coming from the Alternator Area.

P.S.: All the above were done on seperate visits and I had to bear the burden of taking the car to ASC and bringing it back everytime.
tejas08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 10:46   #3937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Well, I guess majority of buyers of the City are people who are upgrading an existing car and so 2 months of wait time is not so bad. Is Verna a good equivalent for the City ? - Maybe if the rear seat is never going to be used
Echoing same here. If you're looking for a Diesel car, Ciaz is the alternative to City if rear seat is important.
Old 28th May 2015, 15:19   #3938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
If you're looking for a Diesel car, Ciaz is the alternative to City if rear seat is important.
I think if diesel is important then Vento/Rapid will also be a compelling choice. Vento has better ride quality and handling than City as well. It's just that people have concern about VW's service. Their cars are really good quality products no doubt.
Old 29th May 2015, 11:12   #3939

Is it just me or have you also felt that the AC makes quite a bit of noise on the outside?
Old 29th May 2015, 12:01   #3940

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoslerphile View Post
Is it just me or have you also felt that the AC makes quite a bit of noise on the outside?
Even I have noticed the AC makes a lot of noise especially when the car is in idle mode. I have been noticing a sluggish pickup on my Ivtec CVT with a lot of noise(Like a Diesel engine). I initially thought its the very common Alternator belt Issue with Ivtec's. When I switch off the AC the car picks up like a charm even on D mode but the moment I switch it back on, the noise is back and the car loses momentum. Unable to describe the noise but with the AC on there is a growling noise in idle mode followed by a strong click. It's silent for 10 secs then the growl is back again with the click. I'v completed 2500kms and wondering if other members have experienced something like this.
Old 29th May 2015, 12:27   #3941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickACM View Post
Unable to describe the noise but with the AC on there is a growling noise in idle mode followed by a strong click. It's silent for 10 secs then the growl is back again with the click. I'v completed 2500kms and wondering if other members have experienced something like this.
The noise you are describing is expected/normal behaviour and is due to the fan running on higher rpm when the thermostat makes the AC toggle ON and OFF as per the temp setting. I've observed it right from Day1.

This fan noise is far lesser compared to the Fiats, my previous car's radiator fan used to sound like a turbo-prop aircraft (but smooth and nice to listen to) when the AC is kept ON. In this case also, it was normal/expected behaviour

Last edited by for_cars1 : 29th May 2015 at 12:31.
Old 29th May 2015, 15:29   #3942
BHPian

Quote:
It is for all . it is due to increased engine load when the AC compressor is coupled to the engine. From out side, yes, one will be a bit disturbed from his thought process and will be made to look at the engine. Though it looks to be a bit more than my previous Logan, it is acceptable for Honda City 2014.
Old 29th May 2015, 16:17   #3943

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
It is for all . it is due to increased engine load when the AC compressor is coupled to the engine. From out side, yes, one will be a bit disturbed from his thought process and will be made to look at the engine. Though it looks to be a bit more than my previous Logan, it is acceptable for Honda City 2014.
Well, they should have find some solutions to reduce the noise.

Also, the windows get misty quite often and that too on the outer surface. I approached Honda guys regarding this. It seems that there have been quite a lot of similar complaints from a number of customers and they have issued a pamphlet on how to tackle this problem.

Last edited by ampere : 29th May 2015 at 16:20. Reason: Formatted Post
Old 29th May 2015, 17:18   #3944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, the windows get misty quite often and that too on the outer surface.
Higher humidity and a much cooler cabin compared to outside or the chilled air directly hitting the glass area will cause this to happen. Its just like a case of a chilled bottle forming condensation of water on the outside.

Adjusting(increasing) the AC temperature setting should resolve the misty windows from outside.

Also directing the air flow from the vents away from the windows will help. The blower setting can be either set to straight or straight & footwell, but not to the windshield and footwell mode.
Old 29th May 2015, 17:26   #3945
BHPian

Quote:
Well, they should have find some solutions to reduce the noise.

Also, the windows get misty quite often and that too on the outer surface. I approached Honda guys regarding this. It seems that there have been quite a lot of similar complaints from a number of customers and they have issued a pamphlet on how to tackle this problem.
If you're talking about engine bay noise, then that would be the two fans (radiator and condensor fans) which run at full rpm when ac is on in order to cool the ac condensor rapidly. Also engine rpm increases a bit but that's not the culprit. If you find inside noisy then it would have to be the ac blower. Now, these noises are acceptable upto a certain limit but if you think there is abnormal sounds which may happen due to some obstruction in the fans or blower then please get them checked.

Avoiding mist on the glass is simple. Just see that none of the cold ac air is directed towards the glass via the louvers and you should be sorted.

Most Viewed