Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2015, 13:56   #4381
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
I haven't tried Bosch wipers so far, but I was getting the same line formation on the windscreen sometimes and realized that any specs of mud/debri on the wiper blades are causing this.

To avoid the lines, everytime I clean the windshield, I ensure to wipe the wiper rubber blades clean as well and the lines have stopped appearing.

I believe wiper blades should last about 18 months in any car. I used to deligently replace the blades every 18 months in my previous car.
Hi Friends,

Can anyone tell me what is the size of the new honda city 2014 wiper blades. I am planning to get a hella dynaedge online however am not aware of the size. Please help.
Old 18th November 2015, 12:13   #4382

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatto63 View Post
Honestly it was a brilliant car to drive before and still is a brilliant car to drive after the software update. No particular difference that I can pinpoint that has changed the way the car behaves
How long did it take to update the s/w in your case. I fixed an appointment at one of the dealership in Pune and they told me it would take around 2 hrs.

Also, aren't the dealerships expected to contact the affected customers rather than the customer going to them checking for a recall? I didn't receive any call from Honda or dealership since the news was out around 23rd Oct.
Old 18th November 2015, 12:46   #4383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailK View Post
How long did it take to update the s/w in your case. I fixed an appointment at one of the dealership in Pune and they told me it would take around 2 hrs.

Also, aren't the dealerships expected to contact the affected customers rather than the customer going to them checking for a recall? I didn't receive any call from Honda or dealership since the news was out around 23rd Oct.
To reply to your queries

1. The update takes about 20 minutes to be completed
2. In my case also even after registering at the Honda web site , there was no call from their side or dealers. It took a strong mail to customer_relations@hondacarindia.com and then suddenly I got a call from the dealer and it all got done in two hours , from scheduling to complete job done.
chatto63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 14:27   #4384

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatto63 View Post
To reply to your queries

1. The update takes about 20 minutes to be completed
2. In my case also even after registering at the Honda web site , there was no call from their side or dealers. It took a strong mail to customer_relations@hondacarindia.com and then suddenly I got a call from the dealer and it all got done in two hours , from scheduling to complete job done.
Thanks for the info @chatto63, i got the update done yesterday. As usual the service guys tried to fool around even though I went with a prior appointment, told me the update would take minimum 2.5 hrs and since they had too much work I'll need to leave my car for the day . I said no problem, can't leave the car so just give this in writing and the rest I'll speak to Honda customer care . Immediately there was a change in attitude and I managed to get the update done. Still took an hour for their usual formalities of creating a job card, uploading the info in their system etc etc.
Old 19th November 2015, 15:35   #4385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailK View Post
Thanks for the info @chatto63, i got the update done yesterday. As usual the service guys tried to fool around even though I went with a prior appointment, told me the update would take minimum 2.5 hrs and since they had too much work I'll need to leave my car for the day . I said no problem, can't leave the car so just give this in writing and the rest I'll speak to Honda customer care . Immediately there was a change in attitude and I managed to get the update done. Still took an hour for their usual formalities of creating a job card, uploading the info in their system etc etc.
Interesting!

I am from Pune too! I have been getting my servicing done from Deccan Honda for last 9 years. I never got a feeling that they took unnecessarily more time - most of the time. If you do not mind, could you share which dealer you are talking about?

Girish Mahajan
Old 19th November 2015, 15:43   #4386

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Interesting!

I am from Pune too! I have been getting my servicing done from Deccan Honda for last 9 years. I never got a feeling that they took unnecessarily more time - most of the time. If you do not mind, could you share which dealer you are talking about?

Girish Mahajan
It was Crystal Honda Wagholi. Btw, the actual software update hardly took 10 mins via a hand held device plugged in the car.
shailK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 15:48   #4387
BHPian

Thanks for sharing that.

I have been to Crystal Honda Wagholi only once - for a test drive.
At least the sales team was prompt and helpful.

When they just started the unit, they had tried to pull me from Deccan Honda. Since I was happy with Deccan Honda, I refused politely.

Anyway, I hope you do not have to use such techniques as a practice!
Old 19th November 2015, 15:50   #4388
BHPian

Got a small query regarding the iDtech engine. Has Honda improved the engine noise or the NVH levels in the Honda City since its launch in 2014 or do they remain absolutely the same in 2015 versions as well?

And for iDtech owners, is the engine noise something you can live with or is it like a constant reminder of driving an unrefined engine? How would you compare it with the engine noise of the 1.5TDI unit of the VW group?

P.S. - Contemplating to buy a Honda City iDtech in early 2016 myself.
Old 19th November 2015, 15:57   #4389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameOfCars View Post
Got a small query regarding the iDtech engine. Has Honda improved the engine noise or the NVH levels in the Honda City since its launch in 2014 or do they remain absolutely the same in 2015 versions as well?

And for iDtech owners, is the engine noise something you can live with or is it like a constant reminder of driving an unrefined engine? How would you compare it with the engine noise of the 1.5TDI unit of the VW group?

P.S. - Contemplating to buy a Honda City iDtech in early 2016 myself.
I own a 2014 August Honda City VX I-dtec and have driven around 20K kms so far. I have just completed the 4th service( Paid) of the car and I feel that the noise levels have reduced substantially. Upon asking, the SA mentioned that they do some sort of remapping/software update to ensure that the system is smooth and efficient for the next 20K kms post which they would do another remapping.
Alive2Drive is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2015, 20:38   #4390
BHPian

Honda City : Official Review

Hi friends. Seems my City really has some evil eyes on her!!(I really maintain her well, keep her shining all the time)
Got hit by a kerala state transport bus recently. My wife was quietly sitting in the car waiting for the signal to go green on the junction when the bus driver tried to get past her from the left with no space there. The bus scraped the left bumper, left side panel and left some scratches on the left door (tried to upload some pics but the app is not allowing me, telling me I do not have permission for it! !)
Complained to the police but found that they are also helpless in dealing with government buses.

Nonetheless got hold of the driver and my wife made sure she got 1500/- as punishment for the bus driver's arrogant driving(she was really upset as there was no fault of her but still had to be on the receiving end)

Went to honda service and have been advised to get the back bumper replaced along with the side panel. Total cost around 60k for entire work but due to bumper to bumper insurance only claiming charges have to be borne by me(nonetheless I'll lose my NCB )Due to the insurance being from honda assure there is no hassle in claiming it. The first thing they ask is whether we have the Honda insurance, else claiming is a bit tedious.

I would advice everyone to get the bumper to bumper policy from honda assure only for peace of mind in such unfortunate incidents. We might save some money getting other insurance but might have a tough time getting claim approved in case of a untoward incident. I had a hit on my left front bumper this July(again for no fault of mine) which had to be replaced claiming insurance and had no issues getting the claim and the process was quite smooth.

My car would be going for the replacements in a couple of days as the side panel was not available and had to be ordered. Planning to get some puja done once it comes out shining again

Last edited by Eddy : 23rd November 2015 at 12:51. Reason: Spacing for better readability
DoctorKK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 12:33   #4391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorKK View Post
Hi friends. Seems my City really has some evil eyes on her!!(I really maintain her well, keep her shining all the time)
Got hit by a kerala state transport bus recently. My wife was quietly sitting in the car waiting for the signal to go green on the junction when the bus driver tried to get past her from the left with no space there. The bus scraped the left bumper, left side panel and left some scratches on the left door (tried to upload some pics but the app is not allowing me, telling me I do not have permission for it! !)
Complained to the police but found that they are also helpless in dealing with government buses. 😕
Nonetheless got hold of the driver and my wife made sure she got 1500/- as punishment for the bus driver's arrogant driving(she was really upset as there was no fault of her but still had to be on the receiving end &#128546
Went to honda service and have been advised to get the back bumper replaced along with the side panel. Total cost around 60k for entire work but due to bumper to bumper insurance only claiming charges have to be borne by me(nonetheless I'll lose my NCB )Due to the insurance being from honda assure there is no hassle in claiming it. The first thing they ask is whether we have the Honda insurance, else claiming is a bit tedious.
I would advice everyone to get the bumper to bumper policy from honda assure only for peace of mind in such unfortunate incidents. We might save some money getting other insurance but might have a tough time getting claim approved in case of a untoward incident. I had a hit on my left front bumper this July(again for no fault of mine&#128543 which had to be replaced claiming insurance and had no issues getting the claim and the process was quite smooth.
My car would be going for the replacements in a couple of days as the side panel was not available and had to be ordered. Planning to get some puja done once it comes out shining again 😊
Sir,

Sorry to hear about your experience with the bus. There is nothing one can do in such cases. Keeping our calm and not losing peace over it helps and it looks like your wife and you are already practicing that.

About the insurance, I wanted to highlight one fact that, getting an insurance, and a bumper to bumper one from outside on your own is also possible. At times, the same can be had from the same provider that Honda Assure is working with. I have done that all the while I had Honda City, 5.5 years. Fortunately, I never had to claim all those years, but I have had friends who got insurance from outside and have claimed. Recently, a friend had to make a claim upwards of Rs 2 lakhs due to an unfortunate accident and did not have any issue making a claim from an outside vendor.

Yes, I agree that the turn-around time is lesser in case of Honda Assure as most of the times, they just need to click pics and upload them over to the insurance providers and not wait for actual survey. In a city like Hyderabad, that could mean saving 1-2 days every time one has a claim.

--Kalyan
Old 23rd November 2015, 18:55   #4392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
I own a 2014 August Honda City VX I-dtec and have driven around 20K kms so far. I have just completed the 4th service( Paid) of the car and I feel that the noise levels have reduced substantially. Upon asking, the SA mentioned that they do some sort of remapping/software update to ensure that the system is smooth and efficient for the next 20K kms post which they would do another remapping.
Great to know that your City is doing fine. Could you elaborate on how is the NVH levels now at post 20,000kms? And what about other vibrations or any other noises inside the cabin? It seems the current generation car does suffer from squeaks from the dashboard and door-pads. Any such experiences with your car?
Old 23rd November 2015, 19:22   #4393
BHPian

Quote:
Great to know that your City is doing fine. Could you elaborate on how is the NVH levels now at post 20,000kms? And what about other vibrations or any other noises inside the cabin? It seems the current generation car does suffer from squeaks from the dashboard and door-pads. Any such experiences with your car?
Hi friend,

The car NVH levels have substantially reduced. I never faced an issue with vibrations however did experience the dashboard noise and minor squeaks here and there. I get them fixed every now and then by the service adviser and he fixes it. It comes back after some time.
Old 23rd November 2015, 19:39   #4394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Hi friend,

The car NVH levels have substantially reduced. I never faced an issue with vibrations however did experience the dashboard noise and minor squeaks here and there. I get them fixed every now and then by the service adviser and he fixes it. It comes back after some time.
Thanks again for clarifying. NVH levels is my main concern. Since that you feel it is well under control, I think I'll probably go ahead with it in early 2016. I've driven the car extensively and I did enjoy the linear power delivery of the engine. It was just the growling from the engine specially on a drive uphill which made me a bit skeptical.
Old 23rd November 2015, 20:04   #4395
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks again for clarifying. NVH levels is my main concern. Since that you feel it is well under control, I think I'll probably go ahead with it in early 2016. I've driven the car extensively and I did enjoy the linear power delivery of the engine. It was just the growling from the engine specially on a drive uphill which made me a bit skeptical.
Compared to the silent Hyundai and FIAT engines, this one will always sound louder. It is just that compared to the initial sound, the NVH levels have improved. Aluminium engines always tend to sound more compared to the others.

Most Viewed