Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2018, 10:32   #6046
Senior - BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post

Only replace the mirror, it is available as a seperate part.

PART NUMBER : 76203T9CD01
PART NAME : MIRROR SUB ASSY. R. (R1300)
Thanks a lot! Just curious, how do you manage to get these details?
Old 7th April 2018, 22:53   #6047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guneet View Post
I just bought a City ZX CVT last week.
Hi Guneet. Which dealer did you purchase from and how was your experience dealing with them. I see you have mentioned your current location as Gurgaon.
Old 8th April 2018, 00:33   #6048
BHPian

Hi RocketRaccoon. Bought it from Ring Road honda near iffco. Experience was good and uneventful. Infact i had purchased a Brio for my dad about 5 years ago from them. Also i have an Amaze which i bought from Infinity Honda 3 years ago. Buying experience was better at ring road both times. I get them serviced at infinity though, being nearer to my place.
Guneet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2018, 13:03   #6049
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Just curious, how do you manage to get these details ?
Courtesy of some really good friendships made at the service centers and showrooms over time.

BTW, that mirror would cost you somewhere around 450 rupees.
OSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2018, 16:04   #6050
BHPian

Quote:
Bought it from Ring Road honda near iffco. Buying experience was better at ring road both times.
Went to Ring Road Honda today. The SA will bring the car home for a TD tomorrow. Curious, what was it about Infinity Honda that made you feel that your experience with Ring Road Honda was better ? I am asking this because the prices are the same and both dealerships have told me the same story - Honda closely monitors prices now so it would be virtually impossible for any 'deal' except the ones Honda provides (Honda Assure comprehensive cover free for the month of April). So since you have purchased from both dealers, I think you're in a great position to help me make my decision regarding which dealer I should go for.
Old 8th April 2018, 16:21   #6051
BHPian

There's nothing wrong with infinity as such. Pricing for the city was same at both dealerships. Only that the SA's n other people at ring road dealership were more forthcoming and courteous in all the interactions. Also there was better followup to my queries by ring road people. Another major factor was the price given by ring road honda for my old car in exchange. There was a difference of 75k for my old swift between the two. Hope it helps.
BTW i was helped by SA Rakesh at ring road.
Guneet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2018, 10:39   #6052
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Courtesy of some really good friendships made at the service centers and showrooms over time.

BTW, that mirror would cost you somewhere around 450 rupees.
Thanks a lot - I got the mirror replaced today. The mirror is back and costed Rs.500/- including tax and fitting. Now the issue is, the Mirror adjustment is not working. The folding and unfolding of the Side View Mirror works but the adjustment of the mirror within the shell using the buttons is not working.

The showroom guys say the Motor that controls this function is gone and either I have to live with it or replace the whole unit for 7K. Any suggestions? Will some local guys be able to repair it?
Old 11th April 2018, 16:24   #6053
BHPian

Really confused between the V (MT) and the VX (MT). While I would end up saving close to 2 Lakh if I choose to go for V, VX has some niceties:

Sun roof
LED headlamps and fog lamps
Leather upholstery on seats, doors, gear knob and steering
Rear reading lamp
16'' tyres (would be changed to Michelin XM2/PS3 regardless of variant)
Both tilt and telescopic adjustment instead of just tilt on the V
Auto dimming IRVM
Full sized alloy spare

While the heart says VX as it will be a better upgrade from the i20 (which has leather wrapped gear knob, steering etc.) the mind is looking at the numbers and questioning if I 'need' a sunroof.

Wanted to take opinions from both V and VX variant owners - which one should I go for ?

Budget is not an issue and I would I like to save where I can but that being said I do plan to keep the car for 10 years at least. (even the i20 is being upgraded after 8 years and will pass on to brother), so I do want something that stands the test of time. Your suggestions will be most welcome.

Last edited by RocketRaccoon : 11th April 2018 at 16:25.
Old 11th April 2018, 18:11   #6054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRaccoon View Post

Wanted to take opinions from both V and VX variant owners - which one should I go for ?

Budget is not an issue and I would I like to save where I can but that being said I do plan to keep the car for 10 years at least.
Why dont you wait for a few days for the Yaris to be unveiled? The "V" variant of the Yaris would be a good choice, given the additional safety. Also comes with rear-discs.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2018, 18:33   #6055
BHPian

Quote:
Really confused between the V (MT) and the VX (MT).
I'll add to your confusion. Go for ZX. The difference of almost 80k or so between VX and ZX gives you 4 extra airbags which i feel are well worth it. Still if you have to choose between V and VX, I'd say VX for the good feel of leather upholstery and nice looking alloys.
Old 11th April 2018, 18:42   #6056
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
The showroom guys say the Motor that controls this function is gone and either I have to live with it or replace the whole unit for 7K.
You don't need to change the entire unit, salvage the outer shell and new mirror you just bought. Change only the Housing Set, R. which is a sub assembly of the ORVM, the motor which he is refering to should be a part of it. Before placing the order, ask him if the motor is included in that set, the part number is 76205T9CD01. If not, another part is Mirror Set, R. RC having part number 76208T9CD21, check with him if this includes the motor he is looking for.

If at all these parts are not what he is looking for, then I would advise you to keep driving without changing them. I don't think it is worth spending 7k + painting just for a mirror's adjustment mechanism. If you are the sole driver of the car, just adjust it once by physically pressing the mirror lightly and forget it, one fine day when your car falls in a pothole that motor may miraculously start working again.

On a lighter note, your SA is gonna be super pissed because you now know much more about the ORVM that he wanted to let you know.

Quote:
Go for the VX MT.

You said that you are going to keep the car for 10 years, in such cases it is always better to buy the top variant so that 5-6 years down the lane, the urge to upgrade to another car is not there. If you buy a V just now and then after a point of time decide to sell it because the car does not have features when compared to other cars running around at the time, you will have to put in much more than 2 lakhs for a worthy upgrade. So it is better to put in those extra bucks just now and buy a car whose features will be relevant for the next 10 years. Anyway, the difference of 2 lakh rupees between the V and VX is justified; the sunroof, LED headlights and leather interiors themselves cost more than that.

Just like you, even I keep my cars with me for long; 10-15 years and chose the VX MT for the same reasons stated above. I actually wanted the ZX but settled for the VX as the ZX comes only with the CVT.

Quote:
Go for ZX. The difference of almost 80k or so between VX and ZX gives you 4 extra airbags which i feel are well worth it.
IIRC the difference between the VX MT iVtec and ZX CVT iVtec is somewhere around 2 lakhs.

80k difference is for the VX iDtec/ZX iDtec or are you comparing the VX CVT with the ZX CVT ?

Last edited by aah78 : 11th April 2018 at 19:38. Reason: Post edited on request.
Old 11th April 2018, 20:14   #6057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You don't need to change the entire unit, salvage the outer shell and new mirror you just bought.

On a lighter note, your SA is gonna be super pissed because you now know much more about the ORVM that he wanted to let you know.
I took the chance and drove to JC Road in Bengaluru which is the ultimate aftermarket place. The guy called in his expert and the boy said he can fix it and he has motor and it would cost 2K. I tried negotiating but he did not budge and said in the showroom no one will do this replacement...Finally I agreed and he did the job in 1 hour. Everything works fine now.

Thanks for your support with the part numbers - I have been living with a few more problems like the front AC Vent in the center right which does not move properly. Any idea what is the part number for that?
Old 11th April 2018, 21:18   #6058
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your support with the part numbers - I have been living with a few more problems like the front AC Vent in the center right which does not move properly. Any idea what is the part number for that ?
You're most welcome. Knowing the part numbers of Honda vehicles is of no use because you will anyways have to order that from the service center and get it fitted there. Had it been Maruti-Suzuki the part numbers would hold importance but Honda does not sell spares over the counter. Do you still want me to get it ?

Last edited by aah78 : 12th April 2018 at 01:42. Reason: Post edited on request.
OSH is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2018, 09:20   #6059
BHPian

Quote:
You're most welcome. Knowing the part numbers of Honda vehicles is of no use because you will anyways have to order that from the service center and get it fitted there. Had it been Maruti-Suzuki the part numbers would hold importance but Honda does not sell spares over the counter. Do you still want me to get it ?
Isn't there a CCI ruling that spares must be sold over the counter by all OEMs and they cannot insist on doing it through the authorized service centres?
Old 12th April 2018, 14:21   #6060
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
I have been living with a few more problems like the front AC Vent in the center right which does not move properly. Any idea what is the part number for that ?
Before ordering, please check the system's entry if this is the part you wanted.

Part Number : 77611T9AT51ZA
Part Name : OUTLET ASSY. CENTER (NH900L)
Price : ~1700 rupees

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
Isn't there a CCI ruling that spares must be sold over the counter by all OEMs and they cannot insist on doing it through the authorized service centres?
All OEMs except for Maruti-Suzuki and Tata-Fiat have no option but to sell/order parts only from their authorised service centers because they don't have spare parts distribution channels. Maruti sells through their MGP stores and Tata-Fiat sell through their appointed spare parts shops/dealers but for other OEMs their service centers do the above.

Anyone can buy any spares of MS and Tata-Fiat just be walking into their shops but to order parts of the other OEMs, it is mandatory to put in your VIN, Registration Number etc into their system to buy. Parts that belong to only your specific model can be ordered, so suppose you have the base variant and want the alloys of the top variant, you will need someone owning the top variant to place the order using his VIN to buy those alloys. I don't think the CCI can force OEMs to change such processes.

Even I had read something about this CCI and spares thingy on our forum long time back but don't know what the latest developments are.

Last edited by OSH : 12th April 2018 at 14:26.

Most Viewed