Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2018, 16:03   #151
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Santa Fe : Official Review

Hi sir,
Yeah 1,00,000 Kms is a bit too much on an expensive ride as a Santa Fe. Personally the car looks extremely well-maintained from the pics and the price is also OKAY but the maintenance is gonna cost you a lot. Just check the service history of the car and you'll know how much the owner has spent on the services alone.

Plus the layman out there who aren't too keen on the mechanicals and all, don't take few precautions such as idling the car and all. Chances of a failed turbo in such a car are high. It's also an AT and it's maintainance is also gonna be high like say for example pre-mature breakpads replacement (w.r.t MT) and all. Otherwise the car is fine. If you want to take the risk, it's upto you but IMO wait for a good car to come in. As there's a saying in Hindi, "Sabar Ka phal meetha hota Hain" (read as the result of patience is always sweet). Wait for a car with less miles to come in.

Thanks,
Varun
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2018, 16:25   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
Thanks Varun. I have no clue on the maintenance and reliability of Hyundai cars. The price has come down to 15L and it is a 2014-Oct car. Looks extremely well maintained at least in pictures. I lac km serive done and B to B insurance valid until Oct.
Attaching some pictures of the car. Is 100000 km a big number and concern for such a premium car ?
Frankly speaking, 1 lakh kms is too much for a used car. Personally, I would be very uncomfortable with such a car. The car looks well maintained from the pictures but what about the wear and tear items and other plastic bits? You also don't know about the driving style of the previous owner.

My suggestion would be to let this one go and look out for a car with less mileage.
QuickLink is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2018, 17:18   #153
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post
Hi sir,
Yeah 1,00,000 Kms is a bit too much on an expensive ride as a Santa Fe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickLink View Post
Frankly speaking, 1 lakh kms is too much for a used car.
Called up my local Hyundai A.S.C to know the service history of the vehicle. Mighty pleased with the way the gentleman on the other side helped me in digging out the past of the vehicle in question. Prompt and professional. The vehicle has a very clean service record with regular services carried out as per the schedule, the most recent being that of the 1Lac km performed a couple of weeks back. The regular service costs do not seem to be that expensive either.

Last edited by M35 : 1st February 2018 at 17:28.
M35 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 07:41   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The price has come down to 15L and it is a 2014-Oct car.
The registration 'KL - 7 CA' cannot be Oct 2014. 'CC' was in force by then. Please do check the details in the RC again. It should have both the dates of manufacture and registration.

Quote:
The Endy is still there. Thanks to its bumpy ride on average Kerala roads, it is almost certain to make its way out. But, its toughness is unmatched
I am surprised. I quite like the ride on the Endy. Its firm but not at all harsh. Got a nice balance between ride and handling for such a big beast. What tyres are you running?

And if you want exemplary ride quality, toughness and 3 rows for under 20 lakhs, you should also look at a brand new Hexa. The AT is super fun too.

Last edited by deetjohn : 2nd February 2018 at 07:44. Reason: typo.
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 16:17   #155
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
The registration 'KL - 7 CA' cannot be Oct 2014. 'CC' was in force by then. Please do check the details in the RC again. It should have both the dates of manufacture and registration.
Just checked it with the A.S.C records, its May 2014.

Quote:
I am surprised. I quite like the ride on the Endy. Its firm but not at all harsh. Got a nice balance between ride and handling for such a big beast. What tyres are you running?
Its a 2011 model and its running on MRFs which could be reason. The vehicle is tough and extremely comfortable on highways though. The low seating position is another factor. Also the AT isn't that smooth and the engine noise is quite harsh as well. Anyways, got a good deal and will find a new home soon.

Quote:
And if you want exemplary ride quality, toughness and 3 rows for under 20 lakhs, you should also look at a brand new Hexa. The AT is super fun too.
I don't need 7 seats but comfortable and spacious first 2 rows with high seating . I work abroad and mostly be driving for 3-3.5 months a year in India. If back permanently, a Fortuner would have already found a place in my portico.

I am not able to convince myself for the Hexa, blame it on the MUV/ Van shape. Wanted to go for a Safari Storme, but if my permanent relocation happens, say, within two years, I am looking at a huge loss if I consider an upgrade. Confused !

MODs: Should I start a new thread ?

Last edited by M35 : 2nd February 2018 at 16:19.
M35 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2018, 10:02   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just checked it with the A.S.C records, its May 2014.
That is more like it.

Quote:
Its a 2011 model and its running on MRFs which could be reason.
Okay, I presumed you were having the current generation Endeavour. Yeah, the ride is harsh on the 2011 model with its rear leaf springs.

Quote:
I don't need 7 seats but comfortable and spacious first 2 rows with high seating.
If you don't need 3 rows, why not look at the new Tucson? It represents good value after the price correction.

Or if you like the Strome so much, you should try the used car market. The substantial depreciation will be borne by the first buyer.
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2018, 13:35   #157
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Or if you like the Strome so much, you should try the used car market. The substantial depreciation will be borne by the first buyer.
The Santa Fe in question might come down for Rs.14L if negotiated. But the fact that it is a CBU and have already reached the 100000 km mark, the part availability [ = delayed stay at ASC in case of a major repair] and cost of ownership are a matter of concern for me. The ASC network is great though, even there is one within 15km from my home.

If the general suggestion here is negative, I will stay away.

There isn't any used Storme VX [ airbags a must for me] on sale on 'olx' in Kerala.
What about a new Duster AWD which comes around Rs.15L OTR these days ? or an XUV W9 for 18.5L ? Both might fetch a few more bucks down the line than say a brand new Storme ??

Last edited by M35 : 3rd February 2018 at 13:39.
Old 3rd February 2018, 14:49   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Santa Fe in question might come down for Rs.14L if negotiated.
1 lakh is nothing for a well serviced Hyundai. But buy the Santa Fe only if you are going to keep it for long. This will be very difficult to move if you decide to sell in the short term. High mileage, third owner, a rare car are enough reasons for prospective buyers to run away.

Quote:
There isn't any used Storme VX [ airbags a must for me] on sale on 'olx' in Kerala. What about a new Duster AWD which comes around Rs.15L OTR these days ? or an XUV W9 for 18.5L?
Yeah, Storme will be hard to find.

A Duster doesn't make sense to me as of today. Its quite old and not very safe for the highways. I would rather wait for the new one.

And I wouldn't think twice to pick the Hexa AT in comparison to the XUV. I think the former is a much more accomplished vehicle and is stellar value for money.

Anyways, we have gone way OT on this thread.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2018, 10:00   #159
BHPian

Need Help in identifying car stereo for Santa Fe

Hi there,
I have a 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe. I bought it second-hand.
It came with a CASKA double din with DVD Player.
This system slowly died off. So I am in the market for a new system.
The display is fine as the reverse camera is working.
I gave it for repair at a Caska service center in Bangalore, they could not get it right. DVD player was working fine before I gave it for repair. Now its not.
Past is past. I am done with Caska.
Now I am in the market for a new Unit. Price is not a big constraint, but I don't want to spend unnecessarily. Hyundai service center said they have an Android Auto at 90k. Caska service Center said they have an Android Auto at 45k. 15k Advance is needed.
My requirement is -
1. Want to play mp3s, videos, DVDs
2. FM
3. Reverse video
4. I want to sit in the back seat of the car and control what is being played. (When the driver is driving.)
5. Bluetooth headset should work like a bluetooth speaker
6. Should be able to see google map on the screen. or at least if it can play the audio of the google map from my android phone in car speakers also enough. (I had mapmyindia on the old Caska. It soaked big time).
7. I am a 50-year-old listening to FM radio, Carnatic classical music, and audiobooks in the back seat of the car.
Old 28th February 2018, 12:48   #160
BHPian

Re: Need Help in identifying car stereo for Santa Fe

I forgot to mention:
8. I am not a DIY guy. So I am looking for someone knowledgeable to do it in Bangalore. If you know a reliable stereo man in Bangalore, kindly let me know.
9. It would be good if it can be a one point solution. I take the car to a shop/person. He does all the buying of the components and fixing. I am ready to pay a price for his knowledge and services, in addition to the materials.
10. The caska system that I have now, shows logo for couple of minutes and then screen goes blank. So I guess this would be a software problem. Any one who has got resolved such problem?, kindly let me know. Whatever I can salvage out of this system, I would like to salvage.
Attached is my current head unit photo
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Santa Fe : Official Review-img_20180228_094543_01.jpg  

Old 2nd March 2018, 23:22   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwant2go View Post
Hi there,
I have a 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe. I bought it second-hand.
It came with a CASKA double din with DVD Player.
This system slowly died off. So I am in the market for a new system.
The display is fine as the reverse camera is working.
I gave it for repair at a Caska service center in Bangalore, they could not get it right. DVD player was working fine before I gave it for repair. Now its not.
Past is past. I am done with Caska.
Now I am in the market for a new Unit. Price is not a big constraint, but I don't want to spend unnecessarily. Hyundai service center said they have an Android Auto at 90k. Caska service Center said they have an Android Auto at 45k. 15k Advance is needed.
My requirement is -
1. Want to play mp3s, videos, DVDs
2. FM
3. Reverse video
4. I want to sit in the back seat of the car and control what is being played. (When the driver is driving.)
5. Bluetooth headset should work like a bluetooth speaker
6. Should be able to see google map on the screen. or at least if it can play the audio of the google map from my android phone in car speakers also enough. (I had mapmyindia on the old Caska. It soaked big time).
7. I am a 50-year-old listening to FM radio, Carnatic classical music, and audiobooks in the back seat of the car.

Nothing like OEM, here you go:-

https://m.ebay.com/itm/2013-2016-Hyu...-/302153788337

You might have to pay customs when it gets here, but being OEM, everything should work as intended. Do contact the seller before making a purchase.
Old 11th May 2018, 22:41   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
Nothing like OEM, here you go:-

https://m.ebay.com/itm/2013-2016-Hyu...-/302153788337

You might have to pay customs when it gets here, but being OEM, everything should work as intended. Do contact the seller before making a purchase.
I ended up buying this unit:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/RAM-...311.0.0.Xakuwu
It is an android based system, connects to wifi, bluetooth, rear-view camera. Only drawback is it does not have a remote control :-(
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Santa Fe : Official Review-octacoreram4grom32gandroidfithyundaisantafeix452013201420152016.jpg  

iwant2go is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2018, 00:30   #163
Senior - BHPian

@ iwant2go - Is it plug and play? Would it be possible for you to write a few lines on how it performs and if a picture could be attached to show how seamless it looks once fitted. Thanks.
Old 15th May 2018, 13:54   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
@ iwant2go - Is it plug and play? Would it be possible for you to write a few lines on how it performs and if a picture could be attached to show how seamless it looks once fitted. Thanks.
I will post pictures tomorrow.
It is pretty much plug and play.
But I did not fix it. Technician did it. He charged 2400/- (Then he bought from me, the additional rear view camera and cables that came with this unit for 800, = effectively fitting costed me 1600/-)

Cost:
Ali express: $400 = ~ 27000/-
Customs: Rs. 4041/-
Fitting: 1600/-
Total: ~33000/-

I am using teamviewer to control the unit from rear seat :-)
iwant2go is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 22:25   #165
Senior - BHPian

https://www.motoring.com.au/what-to-...at-suv-112613/

Quote:
For the new Santa Fe, Hyundai offers its advanced HTRAC torque-splitting all-wheel drive system, which is mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission and, for the time being at least, a familiar 2.2-litre turbo-diesel engine.

The driveline is joined by autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian collision avoidance, a near-full complement of airbags (no front knee airbags), lane-keeping and rear cross-traffic alert, safety exit assist, adaptive cruise control, and a 15 per cent stronger body to make this Santa Fe the safest yet.
Any chance it will get here to India?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks