Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
https://www.motoring.com.au/what-to-...at-suv-112613/

Any chance it will get here to India?
https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...vour-22683.htm
Old 6th December 2018, 17:07   #167

Re: Hyundai Santa Fe : Official Review

Dear experts,

My friend is looking at buying pre-owned Hyundai Santa Fe 2016 with 50K running. Its 2WD AT model with first owner.He wanted to know the approx. service cost for next 50K - 1 lakh KM running and the intervals.

Major issue reported for the model which need to keep in mind while inspecting Santa Fe. Also he saw few posts related to inconsistent steering feel. Did Hyundai provided any fix for steering issue like software upgrade etc.

Any thoughts on a reasonable price range for such a model of 3 year/50K drive Santa Fe would be highly appreciated.
He will be test driving car tomorrow evening so any quick advise/suggestion will be really helpful.

Thanks
Vinod
Old 8th December 2018, 11:27   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinodGK View Post

Any thoughts on a reasonable price range for such a model of 3 year/50K drive Santa Fe would be highly appreciated.
He will be test driving car tomorrow evening so any quick advise/suggestion will be really helpful.

Thanks
Vinod
I will be tracking this thread. I was looking for an automatic soft-roader and was evaluating XUV500 and the upcoming Tata Harrier. Since it is clear that the AWD AT variant of Harrier is not in the sight (and I decided against XUV500), I want to consider pre-owned Santa Fe (AWD). Other than the negatives like vague steering feel, bouncy rear seat, low ground clearance, claustrophobic cabin, missing luxury features (Sat nav, sunroof...) are there any issues to be considered? Are there known reliability issues which are expensive to fix?
What would be a expected price for a 2015/16 4WD example with 25000-35000 K on the odo in Bangalore? I see 25 lakhs kind of prices quoted by dealers on used car portals.
I also want to find out if Sante Fe shares any mechanical parts with Tuscon.

Last edited by Guna : 8th December 2018 at 11:29.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 11:51   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinodGK View Post
Dear experts,

My friend is looking at buying pre-owned Hyundai Santa Fe 2016 with 50K running.
======

Thanks
Vinod
Hyundai never got back to me with my question on the steering problem. I therefore did not pursue the Santa Fe anymore and went in for a Fortuner.
When you friend drives the vehicle, please ask him to pay special attention to the steering - all the vehicles (one was my friends and the other was the test drive vehicle) I have driven had the wheel pulling slightly to the left.
akadam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2019, 07:09   #170

Hi,
Picked up a preowned Wine red SantaFe 2015 May model,4wd automatic from
Shiv car sales Vikaspuri via OLX . It has run 33k and seems to be in a good condition.
Got ceramic coating done by Aman before delivery .
cdrgill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2019, 11:14   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrgill View Post
Hi,
Picked up a preowned Wine red SantaFe 2015 May model,4wd automatic from
Shiv car sales Vikaspuri via OLX . It has run 33k and seems to be in a good condition.
Got ceramic coating done by Aman before delivery .
Congratulations! Please put up your impressions and the maintenance the car had to undergo after you took the possession.
Old 25th February 2019, 12:16   #172

Sure Sir,
Will do.Attempted to post pictures but don't have permission to do so the website says
cdrgill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 14:49   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akadam View Post
Hyundai never got back to me with my question on the steering problem. I therefore did not pursue the Santa Fe anymore and went in for a Fortuner.
When you friend drives the vehicle, please ask him to pay special attention to the steering - all the vehicles (one was my friends and the other was the test drive vehicle) I have driven had the wheel pulling slightly to the left.
Im astonished by this. I have a 2018 Tucson 4wd having similar problems. Hyundai, to their credit, has done multiple things to fix it, including shipping a new tie rod from Korea(this being a CBU). The problem was fixed for a while , albeit inconsistently. Now its back and I'm wondering if I should change the car itself considering the safety issue.

The problem to be clear is that I have the vehicle moving to the left when the steering is at the neutral position. I have to constantly put a slight pressure to the right to keep the car in lane.
Old 2nd July 2019, 14:59   #174
BHPian

I doubt it's a manufacturing issue. Haven't read about it but my old santa fe had this and the alignment and balancing didn't help, but my tyres were old and ever since i put in new ones the issue was resolved immediately.
Old 13th October 2019, 23:08   #175
BHPian

Hi all .. ĺ am being offered a 2014 4 x4 AWD AT piece which has done around 45k km for 13.5 lacs.. Is it a good deal ? How can i get it checked by an Hyundai ASC ( the car and its service history) before finalizing ? TIA !

Last edited by drasitkhanna : 13th October 2019 at 23:11.
Old 27th May 2020, 13:34   #176
BHPian

I had a look at the Nissan Pathfinder, Mazda CX-9, Toyota Highlander and Sante Fe 2020.

The Sante Fe is really cool, with all the bells and whistles you would get these days. The features I personally liked in Sante Fe were - a big sunroof/moonroof and Heads up display.

Security features are pretty standard across all, with a few here and there. E.g. Sante Fe has a feature where the passenger door lock shall not open (when car is at a stand still), if the sensors detect a moving car in the vicinity. I guess this would be really handy with kids, especially when they try to rush out of the car.
Old 28th May 2020, 06:03   #177
BHPian

I was talking about 2020 Santa Fe model, and today I read about the 2021 model. Check this out-
https://driving.ca/hyundai/auto-news...ssive-new-face
Old 13th June 2020, 03:08   #178
BHPian

Santa fe shall have plug-in hybrid version in the market, later this year. Check out the following article. I reckon, this shall be something to watch for.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/auto/new...sions-for-2020
Old 4th November 2020, 18:24   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrgill View Post
Hi,
Picked up a preowned Wine red SantaFe.
Congratulations!. I know I am being late(got my Team-BHP approval recently).

Please share your overall experience with Santa Fe.

Whether you faced steering issue in general as others have pointed out?

I am planning for a pre worshipped Santa Fe in near future as it fits my following requirements:
1. Occasional 7 seater
2. Powerful engine
3. Good build
4. Adequate driving dynamics
5. AWD(Bonus)

Good that it was not that popular and hence pre owned prices are respectable unlike Fortuner.
Old 31st May 2022, 15:40   #180
BHPian

I have recently picked up an used 2015 Santafe that has run 65k kilometers. It's the AT AWD variant.

One query on the seats, can we put seat cover on these or due to the airbag module, it's not allowed for front seats?

Also, the stock HU has malfunctioned and the chinese one fitted doesn't support reverse cam display. Any pointers on a good aftermarket or if I can scavange an OEM one from an unused/totaled vehicle? The new OEM HU cists upwards of 50k which is not worth it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks