Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2015, 01:57   #121

On the steering wheel issue I got them corrected by wheel alignment and by keeping accurate tyre pressure in all 4 tyres. The Caska tyre pressure monitoring system are accurate. the puncture guy did not put accurate pressure and that made me think if the tpms was not accurate
Old 2nd February 2015, 12:23   #122
BHPian

Caution for new Santa-Fe owners

This is to share a potential problem with the new Hyundai Santa-Fe suspension. The front lower arm of the suspension seem to be quite weak for a vehicle of this size/weight and power.

There is a chance that the front lower arm and associated parts (e.g. tie rod) may get bent when going over continuous speed-breakers or under hard braking. I had a experience where the front lower arm & tie got bent (causing front wheels to be pushed back to the wheel arches) while braking over a speed-breaker on Delhi-Kolkata highway near Kanpur. This part seems to be quite flimsy for SUV standards and weaker even compared to the earlier iteration of Santa-Fe that was much sturdier.

I have ordered the parts and now the issue is to get it replaced under warranty (though I know it is going to be a tough job) as the current strength of these parts for Indian roads is quite unacceptable. Anyway this post was to warn current new-gen Santa-Fe owners of this potential problem.

I've attached a pic of the bent part. It made turning the wheels impossible due to grinding of front wheels with the wheel arches.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Santa Fe : Official Review-20150106_151503_resized.jpg  

entropy is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 4th February 2015, 20:36   #123
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Santa Fe : Official Review

A quick update to my earlier post. The said parts were replaced without a fuss within warranty. Full marks to Hyundai for understanding the issue.

Anyway I guess one has to be more careful while going at high speeds on our highways since you never know what the highway may throw at you.
entropy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th February 2015, 15:57   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
A quick update to my earlier post. The said parts were replaced without a fuss within warranty. Full marks to Hyundai for understanding the issue.

Anyway I guess one has to be more careful while going at high speeds on our highways since you never know what the highway may throw at you.
Many thanks for this warning entropy...this (slight bend) might be the cause of the steering problem reported by other folks. Given this issue, and the state of our roads I imagine this could happen fairly often if you are not careful. Unfortunately, this will push me even further in the direction of the TFort (perhaps AT).
Thanks again!
Old 22nd February 2015, 19:14   #125
VBN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogercharlie View Post
The interior fit and finish, the comfort of the seats, the aircon provided all the comfort you needed on the 8 hour drive.
How was your experience on the hand rest for the driver on long drive? I had read elsewhere that the support is not good. Please do let me know as a first hand user of the vehicle. Also, how comfortable are the rear seats?
Old 20th March 2015, 12:21   #126
BHPian

Hi ,

I love this car. However also find it very scary if dealers and not interested in selling the product , imagine what would happen with the service. Better stay away from it.

regards
Amol
Old 24th April 2015, 19:12   #127
BHPian

Hyundai India has silently added two new features in Santa Fe recently. 8" touchscreen infotainment system with navigation (looks upmarket!) and automatic headlamps. Both are nice additions IMO but only for the Automatic variants (which would be the ones selling more). The add-ons make the car a better package as it pretty much had all the other features earlier.

Last edited by amansanc : 24th April 2015 at 19:13.
Old 10th May 2015, 10:57   #128
BHPian

adding to amansanc's post ... the new hyundai brochure for the santa fe has been updates while the website still doesn't feature the upgraded features. Hyundai claims the 8" touch screen unit is the largest in class and offers 3 years worth of map upgrades for free.

Hyundai Santa Fe : Official Review-1.jpg

Hyundai Santa Fe : Official Review-2.jpg
Old 20th June 2015, 20:33   #129
BHPian

The upgrade of the ICE was a silent one. It is only available on the two AT variants. The MT still has to do with the existing tiny screen.
There is a new updated Santa Fe coming in Korea with slightly refreshed styling and a host of new gizmos.

Did a test drive a few days back in Kerala. The sales person mentioned that there will not be any updated Santa Fe in India for at least a year or two since the current model was released only a year back.

Moving on to the TD, the whole family thoroughly enjoyed the vehicle and the attitude of the staff at KTC Hyundai Kerala. Must say we were quite impressed with the entire package. Especially the ballistic motor which pulled the big UV effortlessly into insane speeds. It is so relaxed a vehicle that even at speeds of 80 and 90kph it feels calm and composed unlike our nightmarish i20!

Ride quality is not at all Hyundai like. The Santa Fe rode nearly flat and soaked up harsh bumps surprisingly well. The suspension did its job very silently as well. The middle row seats seem to be designed for 2 even though there is more than enough space for 3. Third row is a bit of a squeeze. Good for maybe an hour's ride or so. Nothing more, especially for adults.

Styling is a bit audi like with the fluidic Hyundai bling.

Grouches:
Too expensive on road owing to heavy taxes. Base version sells for 33 big ones on road while the showroom price is just 26!

All the goodies like traction control and six airbags are all for the top of the line model which sells for close to 40 lakhs on road!

Overall a very good vehicle with little to no complaints. Hope the govt. does something about the taxes.
Old 26th October 2015, 21:12   #130
BHPian

I recently got a 2015 Santa Fe (second hand) - had done just 900 kms and got the top end model for around 5L off. Was doing the usual Indiranagar to Electronics City and back and had a chance to take it on a long trip last week. Bangalore - Mangalore, Kundapur, Gokharna, Goa, Hubli and back - around 1600kms. Enjoyed the vehicle space, the stability, the quiet interiors, the smooth ride despite some bad patches. City driving gives me just over 10kmpl with AC on all the time, and on the highway was around 13-14.5 depending on the stretch. The audio quality is not great, so will consider an upgrade post warranty and mine is an automatic and i still have not tried the manual shifter as yet. Power for overtaking kicks in a second or more later than one is used to in a manual mode, so i am getting used to it. I guess it does not have the transmission of a BMW to deliver power instantly. Maps were OK, but failed to recognize some major highways from Goa via Londa to Hubli, so need to figure out if it needs and update and if so how to do it. Did not cross 120 as it has done 3K kms post this trip. Overall happy with the vehicle..
rangaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 16:08   #131
Team-BHP Support

Any of you fellow members have sampled the Santa FE extensively? How has the experience been?

Does HMIL have stocks of normal consumables for it? Any of you changed its tire/s? What were the options?

Has the vehicle been fuss free to own? Fill it, shut it, forget it types?
Old 9th November 2015, 09:37   #132
BHPian

Hi - I have had the AT 4x4 for more than 6 months now and I am completely satisfied with the Santa Fe. I would highly recommend it.

Have taken it extensively on the highways and its been a pleasure to drive and own till now. No issues at all (touch wood).

It is very stable on high speeds and lets you attack corners at decent speeds. The acceleration is gradual and it is best driven in a relaxed manner.
Old 9th November 2015, 10:10   #133
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlferrari View Post

Have taken it extensively on the highways and its been a pleasure to drive and own till now. No issues at all (touch wood).
Thanks for your response & just the comments one would look for if eyeing this car. That it is from HMIL which has presence almost everywhere is a big positive.

Have you taken it off the road? Because yours is an AWD, so would help to understand a bit more on your experience. Does it clear all obstacles & poorly designed speed breakers with a full load of passengers?

Thanks again
Old 9th November 2015, 10:31   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Thanks for your response & just the comments one would look for if eyeing this car. That it is from HMIL which has presence almost everywhere is a big positive.

Have you taken it off the road? Because yours is an AWD, so would help to understand a bit more on your experience. Does it clear all obstacles & poorly designed speed breakers with a full load of passengers?

Thanks again
I haven't really taken it off-road by design to be honest. But on the highways you usually get bad road stretches and the Santa Fe did well through a slushy patch. I haven't managed to scrape the underbody yet with a full load on any speed breaker or bad roads. While the ground clearance is just 185 MM its enough I feel.

Not sure how much of off-roading it can take, occasional sand, mud and slush is fine. Its not a serious off-roader at all.
kewlferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 10:39   #135
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Any of you fellow members have sampled the Santa FE extensively? How has the experience been?

Does HMIL have stocks of normal consumables for it? Any of you changed its tire/s? What were the options?

Has the vehicle been fuss free to own? Fill it, shut it, forget it types?
If I remember you need a vehicle for rough use. The Santa Fe is not for you. In fact the Yeti you have can take much more abuse.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks