Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2014, 20:25   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogercharlie View Post
Would anyone know if production and deliveries have started in India? Trident Bangalore folks are taking bookings but are not able to commit any firm delivery dates. The best they are saying is a vague "about two months".
A family friend booked a wine red santa fe in the last week of February and has been promised delivery on March 15th. This is from the Hyundai dealer in Kochi.
Old 10th March 2014, 03:00   #47

Re: Hyundai Santa Fe : Official Review

The pricing might go against it. It appears to be a very competent product, substantial presence- loaded with features- pleasant design for a vehicle this big, but I suppose it loses out on 2 fronts.

1. Hyundai does not have the brand recall in the territory the Santa Fe has been priced in. Look at the Sonata, for instance ( although that may also have been due to lack of a diesel ). Q3, for instance.
2. The styling, though impressive, isn't quite as butch as buyers in this segment might prefer. The Fortuner is the gold standard in the league, and the Fe appears tame in comparison. So that takes care of the off-roader/ road dominating community.

My guess is, Hyundai is banking on existing customers climbing up within the same family or those who wish to own a suave vehicle without the mud-plowing credentials. Very interested to see how this one fares in the market.
Old 13th March 2014, 02:13   #48
Senior - BHPian

Saw the Santa Fe few hrs ago. The tail lamps look very impressive at night. The stance of the car was also pretty good.
Old 13th March 2014, 12:50   #49
Senior - BHPian

Hi all, Reports confirm that Hyundai has revealed information on receiving a fare amount of enquiries pertaining to their premium SUV i.e the Santa Fe. Throwing more light onto the topic, Rakesh Srivastava Senior VP, Division Head Sales and Marketing said that the 2 wheel drive automatic version has a waiting of one month followed by 2 months waiting on the 4 wheel drive automatic variant.

Thanks

AD

Source: http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...riod-12619.htm
Old 13th March 2014, 15:59   #50
BHPian

Saw one in Mumbai recently and I must say it looks better than any of its counterparts in a similar budget. I have never been a fan of the way the Fortuner looks and this IMO looked much better.

Guess we'll have to wait to watch how this fares against some very popular cars in this segment.
ishotmydog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2014, 14:18   #51
Senior - BHPian

The Santa Fe has managed 559 bookings & over 500 inquiries.

For details refer below link:

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/03/h...ookings-124954

I would say, it's a good start for the car against heavyweights like the Fortuner & European entry level SUVs.
Old 17th March 2014, 17:40   #52
BHPian

The biggest grouse still remains the pricing which is close to BMW X1, Audi Q3 territory. For someone planning to buy this segment of SUV, the buyers who look at a proper 7 seater and that too comfortably. If hyundai has addressed the body roll issue on the Santa Fe and stiffen the suspension, it will do wonders. The other key point is Hyundai has to desperately take a relook at the pricing as its way too much to pay for a Hyundai badge. Yes, the overall cost of ownership may be low when compared to the other biggies in the segment.
Old 27th March 2014, 12:18   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 275BHP View Post
A family friend booked a wine red santa fe in the last week of February and has been promised delivery on March 15th. This is from the Hyundai dealer in Kochi.
Did the delivery happen? I am being told that I have to wait till April 3rd week for a booking done on Feb end.
Old 27th March 2014, 21:21   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogercharlie View Post

Did the delivery happen? I am being told that I have to wait till April 3rd week for a booking done on Feb end.
Nope. The dealer said on the day it was supposed to happen that the car will only be reaching Chennai soon. No news after that.
Just last week when my friend started putting pressure on the dealer, he said there was a 4x2 available but the top end version would take sometime for delivery. No dates/commitment given. Wonder what's taking them so long.
Old 27th March 2014, 22:07   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 275BHP View Post
Just last week when my friend started putting pressure on the dealer, he said there was a 4x2 available but the top end version would take sometime for delivery. No dates/commitment given. Wonder what's taking them so long.
Yes. That's the same story told to me too. As of today April/3rd week delivery is what dealer has told me for my booking done in Feb. According to the dealer except for the demo cars - the 4x4 production is yet to commence.
Old 11th April 2014, 16:29   #56
BHPian

While booking Fortuner in July-13, I felt it would be worth waiting for the Santa-Fe as I had seen & driven this version of Santa-Fe in South Korea. Moreover the grapevine said it will be at launched at cheaper price in competition with Fortuner.

Now I do not regret waiting for this SUV.
This is a good SUV but at 30L OTR for a 4X2 MT in NCR, it is overpriced.
South Korea has the same version in 5 seat avatar and mainly sold with Auto Gearbox.
Old 13th May 2014, 19:21   #57
BHPian

After much wait (of nearly 2.5 months) I'd be getting me delivery of the 4WD AT on 16th May. For new bookings too the dealer is quoting a wait period of 2 months. I presume this is not because of any big demand but simply because Hyundai is perhaps content in producing a limited numbers only (esp. of the top version of the model). Probably Hyundai is not making as much as profit as they would have liked per car (Based on comparative prices in the international markets).
entropy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2014, 15:43   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
After much wait (of nearly 2.5 months) I'd be getting me delivery of the 4WD AT on 16th May.

Look forward to an in-depth ownership report and your experiences in driving it across varied terrain.
Old 21st May 2014, 20:55   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
Look forward to an in-depth ownership report and your experiences in driving it across varied terrain.
I'd like to give it some time of usage before giving my brief review. In any case moderators have put up an excellent review and I doubt what if anything I'll be able to add to that.

The initial impression though does indeed looks good and the car refinement has certainly improved a notch or two in all the areas compared to my previous generation Santa Fe. So far it is looking that the money was well spent. Rest I'll post in about a months time.
entropy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2014, 14:52   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post

The side profile and looks commanding with those big wheels and bigger quarter glass.
Other than the few design changes, the overall dimensions of Santa Fe in USA, India are same? I some what felt that the one in USA is more spacious when compared to the Indian version.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks