Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2014, 09:10   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Santa Fe : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Other than the few design changes, the overall dimensions of Santa Fe in USA, India are same? I some what felt that the one in USA is more spacious when compared to the Indian version.
Yeah, both are different. What we get here is known as Sport in US. The other version which is pictured in the post is longer and taller with higher wheelbase. The width is same for both versions.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2014, 09:20   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Yeah, both are different. What we get here is known as Sport in US. The other version which is pictured in the post is longer and taller with higher wheelbase. The width is same for both versions.
I thought so. With 3.3 L engine and close to 280 BHP, the base version of 7 seater is available at 31k USD and that comes less than 20L INR. Hyundai India should have atleast got this version here. With more space it would definitely appeal a lot to us Indians.

Last edited by samabhi : 27th May 2014 at 09:25.
Old 27th May 2014, 09:27   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
I thought so. With 3.3 L engine and close to 280 BHP, the base version of 7 seater is available at 31k USD and that comes less than 20L INR.
No point in checking the landing cost of any vehicle in the US. The amount of car per car and the price is not comparable to what we see here.

Ignorance as they say is bliss.

Last edited by deetjohn : 27th May 2014 at 09:28. Reason: typo.
Old 28th May 2014, 08:25   #64
BANNED

Alert to all Hyundai Santa Fe owners!

Quote:
"Hyundai Motor India will voluntarily recall 2,437 number of Santa Fe vehicles of the 2011 model year in India for the manufacturing period June 26, 2011, to September 26, 2013," the Indian unit of the South Korean company said in a statement.

The recall has been initiated to replace a stop lamp switch due to a potential malfunction. The switch is mounted near the brake-pedal mechanism and activated when the pedal is depressed and released, the company said.
SOURCE: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/35563520.cms

Hyundai India Website Notice:

http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/MediaCe..._20140524.html

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 28th May 2014 at 08:27. Reason: Adding a URL
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2014, 12:08   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Alert to all Hyundai Santa Fe owners!

SOURCE: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/35563520.cms

Hyundai India Website Notice:

http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/MediaCe..._20140524.html

Anurag.
This is for the older Santa Fe and not the recenltly launched one.

More details in the thread:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...mp-switch.html (Hyundai Santa Fe recall: For replacing the stop lamp switch)
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 09:35   #66
BHPian

I did go to check out the Santa Fe last evening at HMP , Mathura Road, New Delhi. This outlet being company owned used to be very good.

I was asked my name & contact no. At the reception with what car/ model I was looking for.

Was told just to be seated. Didn't get to know if some one would come to attend to me or what.

They didn't have a display car. & after waiting there for 20 mins & looking at the various Sales advisors roaming around.

I just sorted the price list for Santa Fe from amongst the various on display & left.

The dealership used to be very good in the earlier days & have bought about 4 cars in the family from them.

But if this is how I get treated for willing to spend my 32lacs plus on a car, I'd rather buy a Toyota Fortuner Auto or an Audi Q3.

Just my personal rant as I did not like the attitude of the dealership, for someone looking for their flagship model.
car_crazy1400 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2014, 09:09   #67
Senior - BHPian

Hello !
Back here after a long, long time.
Would anyone know how well is the new (2014) Santa Fe doing in terms of sales numbers etc ?
And feedback from owners about the vehicle would be welcome.

Would be really interesting to know and validate or junk the initial comments/observations !

Oh...and the reason being a friend is nosing around the new Santa Fe and wants to pick it up and has asked me for an opinion and I need to pretend to be the expert !

Last edited by Guderian : 20th June 2014 at 09:17.
Old 20th June 2014, 14:40   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hello !
Would anyone know how well is the new (2014) Santa Fe doing in terms of sales numbers etc ?

Would be really interesting to know and validate or junk the initial comments/observations !

Oh...and the reason being a friend is nosing around the new Santa Fe and wants to pick it up and has asked me for an opinion and I need to pretend to be the expert !
Hyundai Santa Fe 2014 was launched at Auto Expo Feb 5th 2014. Since then Hyundai has sold, until May 705 units.

Feb - 130

March - 187

April - 138

May - 250

Source: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-analysis.html

Hope it helps.
mroptimist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2014, 18:28   #69
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hello !

As mroptimist pointed out, monthly sales are not too bad considering the pricing and brand image.

The major factor against an otherwise perfect product is the brand. Slap a Toyota, Honda badge and you would see the Santa Fe flying out of showrooms.

The only cars that compare to the Santa Fe are the Q5, X3 and ML class. The Q3, X1 maybe similar in price but are clearly a size smaller.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 22nd June 2014 at 00:07. Reason: missed the word badge
Old 26th June 2014, 17:20   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

South Korea's transport ministry may penalize Hyundai Motor Co to the extent of about $1 million for overstating the fuel economy of its Santa Fe SUV. The detailed report can be found on the news link below:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/37254372.cms
Old 26th June 2014, 19:57   #71
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
South Korea's transport ministry may penalize Hyundai Motor Co to the extent of about $1 million for overstating the fuel economy of its Santa Fe SUV. The detailed report can be found on the news link below
Oops!

Surprising to see Hyundai fool around in its own country. They should be fair with figures that million swear by and make the purchase.

Anurag.
Old 27th June 2014, 06:42   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Oops!

Surprising to see Hyundai fool around in its own country. They should be fair with figures that million swear by and make the purchase.

Anurag.
Why should they fool around in any country for that matter?

Since you say millions swear by these figures, I guess there's good reason to try and inflate it. I remember there was a lot of discontent among Indian i10 buyers about the FE they were getting and how different it was from what Hyundai claimed.
Old 27th June 2014, 07:19   #73
Senior - BHPian

Hhm.So it is only Toyota who can managed to sell a 25 Lac rupee car at more than 1000 units per month.

I am yet to see a Santa Fe on the roads of PUNE. Saw two brand news cars being driven to the near by Hyundai showroom, thats about it.

Last edited by F150 : 27th June 2014 at 07:20.
Old 27th June 2014, 08:43   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Hhm.So it is only Toyota who can managed to sell a 25 Lac rupee car at more than 1000 units per month.

I am yet to see a Santa Fe on the roads of PUNE. Saw two brand news cars being driven to the near by Hyundai showroom, thats about it.
Problem is not demand, it's supply. They aren't making too many Santa Fe's resulting in waiting periods.

Secondly, it is almost 5L more than the Fortuner and has a Hyundai badge not a Toyota badge.
Old 16th July 2014, 13:45   #75
Team-BHP Support

Took a short test drive of the Santa Fe yesterday. So I've been trying to get a TD of the 4x4, which no one seemed to have. Hyundai dealers didn't get back to me at all. Finally called one on Saturday and said bring me the 4x2 AT. TD was fixed for Monday i.e yesterday and the guy was supposed to call me in the morning and confirm the time. He called on time, and offered to bring it to my house which would have been about 45 mins away from their showroom. Called him back and gave him a time of 3pm at a friends office which was much closer to the showroom. Later I postponed it to 4pm.

Now 4pm comes and the car is nowhere in sight, I call him up he says he is on his way. More time goes by and I call him, this time no answer. Called him a third time at 455 and he says he is still stuck in traffic. Then I get a call from the showroom asking if it can be postponed to tomorrow since the car got stuck with some customer. I said I had booked a TD 2 days ago and got confirmation, how could they let this happen. Also my original TD time was 3, and I was being told this at 5.

Anyway my friends office is right next to the service centre of another Hyundai dealer, and he knew someone there. That chap called for his TD car which promptly came in 30 mins. Took that for a spin.

The car looks good, and the interior design is nice but the plastics still feel cheap. The touchscreen is way too tiny. Seats were comfortable. The engine was peppy enough, and the gearbox wasn't terrible nor was it great. On full throttle the car was decently quick. Ride was ok, but when we went over one speedbreaker when I was in the back seat I was thrown up in the air almost. Couldn't test the high speed ability though it was absorbing some slightly rough roads well.

It didn't feel like a 30l+ car to be very honest. Though I think I do have a mental block against the badge to some extent.

But even if I did want to buy one, Hyundai and its dealers are making it very difficult for me to.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks