Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2014, 08:52   #136
BHPian

Re: Datsun Go : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Found this at Local Datsun-Nissan Dealership today..
The periodic maintenance cost chart is for marketing purposes only. Get real guys. Wait for an ownership review to reveal the truth. Nissan's service is not known for low cost or quality. I am amazed at how people in India become early adopters of products costing lakhs of rupees.
Old 8th April 2014, 13:50   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

10K for 5 Years for Maintenance is dirt cheap IF true Wonder what & how much Engine Oil is used.
Old 8th April 2014, 14:21   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizanfan View Post
The periodic maintenance cost chart is for marketing purposes only. Get real guys. Wait for an ownership review to reveal the truth...
You could NOT wait till one of the ownership reviews before you made the negative comment though.

Quote:
...Nissan's service is not known for low cost or quality. I am amazed at how people in India become early adopters of products costing lakhs of rupees.
Sir, this is a product belonging to the low cost division of Nissan called Datsun. I do NOT find a reason for premium service costs if they have used budget materials and a budget pricing for the car keeping the budget segment in mind.
swiftnfurious is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 14:48   #139
BHPian

Quote:
I am amazed at how people in India become early adopters of products costing lakhs of rupees.
Thats a hilarious statement!!
Every car introduced in India costs 'lakhs of rupees'. Further, every car has to be bought by the first set of people, when introduced, right? So, every car has a set of early adopters. So, are you telling me you are amazed at how every car sells in India, especially during the early stages?
Kaumad is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 10:15   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaumad View Post
Thats a hilarious statement!!
Every car introduced in India costs 'lakhs of rupees'. Further, every car has to be bought by the first set of people, when introduced, right? So, every car has a set of early adopters. So, are you telling me you are amazed at how every car sells in India, especially during the early stages?
I think my assumption was incorrect. The interests shown for a new (first incarnation) car in this forum may not represent the interests of the masses of India.

I wouldn't buy a car that is manufactured by a company that's not proven to provide excellent service, availability of service centers all over India, availability of parts (reasonably priced), low cost of maintenance, etc., There may be exceptions, for example, a product offering brand value or luxury appeal like BMW, Audi.

Maruti, Hyundai, Honda, Toyota, etc., all have excellent track record. Nissan is not there yet. It's up to you to decide if you want to be an early adopter. Yes, I would be amazed, for the right reasons, perhaps at the money spent after the purchase of a car.
Old 10th April 2014, 18:38   #141
BHPian

Quote:

Maruti, Hyundai, Honda, Toyota, etc., all have excellent track record. Nissan is not there yet. It's up to you to decide if you want to be an early adopter. Yes, I would be amazed, for the right reasons, perhaps at the money spent after the purchase of a car.
When Maruti launched their cars, it was blasted by folks who claimed it is not strong, too expensive, will not last and the then favorite reason 'does not suit Indian conditions'.

Soon they were proven wrong. Same for 100 cc bikes like the Ind-Suzuki AX 100 etc which were compared with Bajaj scooters purely on engine cc. (100cc vs 150cc).

Boy, weren't all those naysayers proven wrong !.
Old 12th April 2014, 21:48   #142
D4D
BHPian

How much does a glove box lid cost?
And to skimp on safety is a terrible thing to do. ABS and Airbags could have been offered as an option. Time government makes the safety laws more strict.
Old 14th April 2014, 16:06   #143
Senior - BHPian

Saw a silver Go this Saturday in Mysore road and ended up cursing the driver as he was blocking all traffic in order to take a right hand turn from the middle lane. But the car does look good in flesh.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2014, 14:08   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

The accessories price list for Bangalore.
My colleague has booked one and he got this today, Don't know how many are actually in stock.

Datsun Go : Official Review-datsun.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
I think they would have certainly made it (the holder only) replaceable, with a similar holder. This is necessary in case the holder breaks. I don't quite know if it can be replaced with an aftermarket holder meant for large phones and phablets.
The holder is indeed available as an accessory if by chance the stock one breaks.
hemanth.anand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th April 2014, 13:09   #145
Senior - BHPian

Saw a Red/ Maroon Go in the morning today, & felt that is much better looking as compared to its contemporaries in pitched segment. It is lower in height as compared to Micra, but definiely as spacious as the Etios Liva I feel.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2014, 10:16   #146
BHPian

Saw a Silver Go at Lavelle road and the car looks much much better than any other car in its class. Also, the paint quality looked quite premium.
Old 30th April 2014, 11:13   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Saw a Red/ Maroon Go in the morning today, ... but definiely as spacious as the Etios Liva I feel.
Nop; NOT as spacious as Liva, but much better than anything in the segment. A 6'2" & a 5'8" guy can sit comfortably in the front and back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
The accessories price list for Bangalore.
My colleague has booked one and he got this today, Don't know how many are actually in stock...
Parcel tray for Rs. 2850/- ?? Now, they really need to think this is budget cost or not. A parcel tray for Maruti Swift costs Rs. 800/- !
Old 30th April 2014, 11:24   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivriti View Post
When Maruti launched their cars, it was blasted by folks who claimed it is not strong, too expensive, will not last and the then favorite reason 'does not suit Indian conditions'.

Soon they were proven wrong. Same for 100 cc bikes like the Ind-Suzuki AX 100 etc which were compared with Bajaj scooters purely on engine cc. (100cc vs 150cc).

Boy, weren't all those naysayers proven wrong !.
Yes you are right.

They were *Proved* wrong. Proved by whom? Proved by Maruti's excellent reliability and after sales.

Has Datsun proved itself yet? No.

Are the initial impressions of the vehicle good? Certainly No.

Then please explain why would someone in his right mind buy this over better and proven offerings in the market like Eon/Alto/WagonR/Spark etc.

Just because the "Phoren brand" tag? If not then what?
Old 7th May 2014, 13:53   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Datsun to come up with independent dealerships in India by 2014 end.

Quote:
Nissan has indicated that the exclusive dealer outlets for selling its entry-level Datsun brand of cars would come up in the next six months.
Quote:
Nissan is planning a hub-and-spoke parts distribution model, and is looking at Mumbai and Delhi for setting up such spare parts distribution centres. Chennai facility will act as a hub.
http://www.thehindu.com/business/Ind...cle5982840.ece
Old 7th May 2014, 14:13   #150
Senior - BHPian

Saw the first Datsun on road at Kottayam today. In white, with bigger shoes, it did look big, surely a class above. Thoughts of i20 came rushing to my mind. Is it that big? What are the external dimensions of both?

Last edited by thoma : 7th May 2014 at 14:27.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks