Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2020, 14:02   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Datsun Go : Official Review

As per ACI, the new BS6 models have slightly lower ARAI figures, while keeping the power and torque figures identical.

Quote:
The Datsun GO and Datsun GO Plus share an upgraded, BS6 version of the HR12 DE 1.2-litre naturally aspirated three-cylinder petrol engine. Buyers will be able to specify them with a 5-speed manual transmission or a continuously variable transmission (CVT). If had with the manual transmission, the maximum power and maximum torque of the engine are 68 PS (at 5,000 rpm) and 104 Nm (at 4,000 rpm). If had with the CVT, the same engine comes in the tuning of 77 PS (at 6,000 rpm) and 104 Nm (at 4,400 rpm).

The BS4 HR12 DE engine offered the same amount of maximum power and maximum torque as the BS6 version, and that too at the same rpm. However, while Datsun has managed to keep the outputs and the engine speeds they’re delivered at in the BS6 version the same, it has compromised with the fuel economy slightly.

The Datsun GO manual and Datsun GO CVT’s fuel economy ratings have dropped from 19.83 km/l and 20.7 km/l respectively to 19.02 km/l and 19.59 km/l respectively because of the BS6 upgrade. Similarly, the fuel economy ratings of the Datsun GO Plus manual and Datsun GO Plus CVT have fallen from 19.72 km/l and 19.41 km/l respectively to 19.02 km/l and 18.57 km/l respectively. The fuel economy has reduced by up to 5% in the case of the hatchback and by 4% in the case of the MPV.
Source Article
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2020, 17:13   #182
Senior - BHPian

BS6-compliant Datsun Go and Go+ launched

Datsun has launched the BS6-compliant versions of the Go and Go+ models. The ex-showroom prices for the Datsun Go BS6 start at Rs. 3,99,000 and Rs. 6,25,000 for the CVT variant, while the Go+ is priced from Rs. 4,19,990 for the manual and Rs. 6,69,990 for the CVT.

Datsun Go : Official Review-datsun-go-bs6.jpg

The Datsun Go and Go+ come with a chrome grille and LED day time running lights and ride on 14-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels. On the inside, the cars come with a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment head-unit with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity. Both cars get a "sports mode" as well as safety features such as vehicle dynamic control, dual front airbags, ABS, EBD, brake assist, and reverse parking assist.

Datsun Go : Official Review-datsun-go-bs6.jpg

The Datsun Go and Go+ are powered by a BS6-compliant 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine that produces 76 BHP and 104 Nm. The engine is available with either a 5-speed manual or continuously variable transmission (CVT).

Both cars are available in six colour options - Ruby Red, Bronze Grey, Amber Orange, Crystal Silver, Vivid Blue, and Opal White.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2020, 17:33   #183
BHPian

Re: BS6-compliant Datsun Go and Go+ launched

Nice to see Go and Go+ back in action.

Not sure if I'm mistaken but I thought there was official news of Datsun being phased out in late-2019?

Regarding the Datsun Go, it is quite popular in Arunachal Pradesh. I see the car effortlessly navigating steep inclines and pothole-filled roads.
JojyKerala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2020, 19:29   #184
BHPian

Re: BS6-compliant Datsun Go and Go+ launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Datsun has launched the BS6-compliant versions of the Go and Go+ models. The ex-showroom prices for the Datsun Go BS6 start at Rs. 3,99,000 and Rs. 6,25,000 for the CVT variant, while the Go+ is priced from Rs. 4,19,990 for the manual and Rs. 6,69,990 for the CVT.

Link to Team-BHP News
Oh boy, that is one expensive price tag for the CVT variant.
We own the pre facelift Go, and while it is a fun practical hatch for the price (then), I don't think it is worth that much.
Old 15th May 2020, 12:49   #185
Senior - BHPian

New BS6 Datsun GO and GO+ In India, price starts from ₹ 3.99 lakh (Ex-Showroom).

All variant pricing.
Attached Thumbnails
Datsun Go : Official Review-d1.jpg  

Datsun Go : Official Review-d2.jpg  

Old 10th October 2020, 21:01   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizanfan View Post
I think my assumption was incorrect. The interests shown for a new (first incarnation) car in this forum may not represent the interests of the masses of India.

I wouldn't buy a car that is manufactured by a company that's not proven to provide excellent service, availability of service centers all over India, availability of parts (reasonably priced), low cost of maintenance, etc., There may be exceptions, for example, a product offering brand value or luxury appeal like BMW, Audi.

Maruti, Hyundai, Honda, Toyota, etc., all have excellent track record. Nissan is not there yet. It's up to you to decide if you want to be an early adopter. Yes, I would be amazed, for the right reasons, perhaps at the money spent after the purchase of a car.
We were one of the first owners of the Datsun Go. In fact I remember telling V Vikram (WHo used to head PR for Nissan then) right at the Auto Expo itself that I would want to get my hands on one as soon as it launched because it has much more space inside than almost any other car in its segment (pricewise) plus a powerful engine and lightweight body made a good VFM combination. After buying the car we made a trip down from GGN to Rajasthan and met a bunch of Japanese Officials on a trip who went gaga seeing a Datsun on the Road. Of Course they have a very different opinion about the Badge Datsun but nevertheless, barring 2 cases of battery going down due to low or zero usage i have never faced any issue with this car. Have traversed almost all of India on it and Yes service cost is actually quite marginal compared to even some premium motorcycles. Have only changed just filters so far and nothing has broken down due to wear or tear.

We are looking at experimenting with the wheel size on our Datsun Go and thinking of upsizing it from R13 to R14. Anyone has seen or done this kind of an experiment? From the way the current wheels and tyres are placed i do not see any chances of fouling into the wheel arches and have confirmed this from someone at Nissan too. However have not come across anyone in real life who has done this kind of an upgrade to this car or a car with similar dimensions and wheel size.

Any leads will be appreciated. TIA.

Last edited by moralfibre : 7th September 2022 at 03:15. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use multi-quote option when replying to multiple posts. Thank you!
Old 10th October 2020, 21:30   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_sathaye View Post
Any leads will be appreciated.
Go ahead! (pun intended).

In international markets, the Go is factory fitted with 165/70 R14 footwear. In fact the Datsun Cross is factory fitted with 175/65 R15 (which I believe is the stock size for the Micra), so you have the option to upgrade to 15 inch wheels too.

Last edited by ChoosetoCruze : 10th October 2020 at 21:35.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 01:46   #188
BHPian

I recently acquired a preworshipped Datsun Go T of August 2018 make, the car came to me without any instruction or user manuals, I have searched the web but couldn’t find anything.. Can someone please post the user and ICE manual of GO 2018 Aug manufactured model , I don’t own the refreshed model launched in Oct 2018 and most of the specs and manuals in the web pertains to the refreshed model, I wouldn’t mind possessing the workshop or repair manuals also as Datsun has shut shop.
Regards.
Old 7th May 2022, 21:19   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
I recently acquired a preworshipped Datsun Go T of August 2018 make, the car came to me without any instruction or user manuals, I have searched the web but couldn’t find anything.. Can someone please post the user and ICE manual of GO 2018 Aug manufactured model , I don’t own the refreshed model launched in Oct 2018 and most of the specs and manuals in the web pertains to the refreshed model, I wouldn’t mind possessing the workshop or repair manuals also as Datsun has shut shop.
Regards.
Hello,

In case you haven't already found one, attached the Datsun Go/Go+ quick refernce guide for your reference.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Datsun Go Quick Manual.pdf (3.96 MB, 635 views)
Old 8th May 2022, 00:00   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodo_Faita View Post
Hello,

In case you haven't already found one, attached the Datsun Go/Go+ quick refernce guide for your reference.
Thanks Rado_Faita, this quick reference guide is already available with me (downloaded from the internet). I am actually looking for the user handbook or service manual which gives details of the car, service intervals, consumables, capacity of various fluids including their periodicity for replacement. If you own or know someone who owns a GO, then the relevant pages can be clicked and forwarded.. Regards.
Old 15th April 2024, 19:39   #191

Hey team, I was looking forward to buy a pre-owned Datsun Go T(2019) as my technically first car, anything specifically to look towards the same and advice in general regarding it would be appreciated ��.

Last edited by KarthikK : 15th April 2024 at 19:57. Reason: Minor typo correction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks