Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2014, 18:31   #151
BHPian

Re: Datsun Go : Official Review

Anyday this is more secure than an alto. Have seen an alto crashed so don't get me started on it. Also a friend's micra topple three to four times with 4 people on board. All came out safe with minor injuries. Comparing that to a swift that had damage worth ~45 k and wouldn't start after hitting a dog and seeing the structural strength of the swift I could surely say I would never buy a maruti car in my life. This would Fare better than the eon too probably seeing the fact it has more space to crumple
Old 8th May 2014, 19:33   #152
BHPian

Saw a red Go a few days ago, and to tell the truth, it looked gorgeous in flesh. The big chrome and the large grille was giving it a premium feel. Wish it was their premium offering and not the Micra.
blacksport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2014, 10:38   #153
Senior - BHPian

Drove one last day just after I drove its competition, the Eon.

+ side.
-looks big and IS big inside/outside/bootside
-looks great too!
-has a powerful engine
-loved the engine 'sound'
-easy to drive and feels planted unlike Eon
-oil change at 10k, would cost only 1.5k or so
-vfm car which can sit 5 proper
-2 year , unlimited warranty
-extra 2 year for 4 k!

-ve side.
-road noise sweeps in
-maybe tyre too play a role for the above said reason
-too little stuff on odo I mean, feels so empty
-no internally adjustable OVRM
- abs/airbag.

I am not comparing interior quality or looks with Eon/Alto coz its a big powerful car which is cheaper and similarly kitted and hence VFM. Plastics do look like it will last.
They could have added more sound deadening all around.

Note: I wont get into an Eon in future!
Attached Thumbnails
Datsun Go : Official Review-wp_20140524_15_10_20_pro-large.jpg  

Datsun Go : Official Review-wp_20140524_15_21_03_pro-large.jpg  

Datsun Go : Official Review-wp_20140524_15_21_21_pro-large.jpg  

Datsun Go : Official Review-wp_20140524_15_21_38_pro-large.jpg  

Datsun Go : Official Review-wp_20140524_15_21_52_pro-large.jpg  

Datsun Go : Official Review-wp_20140524_15_57_40_pro-large.jpg  

jkdas is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th June 2014, 00:50   #154
Senior - BHPian

Over the past weeks, I came across around 3 cars (2 in Chennai and 1 in Kerala) and felt the same as the below posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP
Saw a Red/ Maroon Go in the morning today, & felt that is much better looking as compared to its contemporaries in pitched segment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl
Saw a Silver Go at Lavelle road and the car looks much much better than any other car in its class. Also, the paint quality looked quite premium.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma
Saw the first Datsun on road at Kottayam today. In white, with bigger shoes, it did look big, surely a class above.
I have not seen the interiors and maybe it looks cheap from the inside, but from the outside, it is a classy looking car, with super paint finish.
Definitely much more classy & bigger than its peers like the Alto/Eon and even up there with higher segment cars like the Liva, i10, etc.

If anything does it in, it would be the lack of awareness about Datsun brand and the very minimal sales/service points.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 6th June 2014 at 00:51.
supremeBaleno is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2014, 08:17   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
If anything does it in, it would be the lack of awareness about Datsun brand and the very minimal sales/service points.
Rightly said. Datsun should come above their Nissan dealerships in numbers. No first time car buyer is going to travel to an ASC if it is not in their town; they always have a Maruti or Hyundai nearby.

Next, they should build up on the momentum than keeping mum; especially on marketing and introducing new features, schemes etc. Once they start dipping on the momentum, the brand may never catch up in the mind of the people. Strapping an AMT box, as in the Celerio, would be a nice up-start.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2014, 20:50   #156
BHPian

i have high hopes on the Datsun go because of the space, looks and the VFM pricing. i personally suggest friends to choose Datsun go over the wagon r, Santro, Alto and so on. if i were to buy a petrol car for my wife within Rs 5 lakhs, i am sure this is it.
Old 15th June 2014, 22:37   #157
Senior - BHPian

I echo the views expressed in the above posts. The GO does look big and premium from outside and that should be a big plus in this segment.

Nissan will be launching their in house NBFC in a couple of months and this will act as big push for Datsun with dealers getting better financing terms and car buyers getting customised schemes
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2014, 18:04   #158
RYP
BHPian

Yesterday went with my friend for a TD who's hell bent on getting a small hatch, after regular call-ups(some heated ones too) for 2 days the SA showed up with the TD vehicle.
Rear seat space and legroom is excellent for me (i'm 6.2' and well built), though the head room is slightly inadequate if three persons are placed and a person like me sitting on two extreme ends. Steering is feather lite and i doubt it could weigh up sufficiently on good speeds. Noise levels are quite high considering its a petrol and the dash is barebone basic.

The price quoted for the 'T' variant was 4.61lakh OTR Bangalore, with 5k worth of accesories free. The SA was clueless about the extension of the excise duty cut and insisted us to book it before 30th June to take advantage of 20k. But i tried to explain him the extension bill being passed but he kept on going back to the mail he received from 'NISSAN' three days back about the new prices. He promised same day delivery for any variant and any colour (Dealer: Surya Nissan and Datsun, Hosur Rd).

Is the datsun Go that much of a slow mover that they can give same day delivery for all variants and colours, who knows. Anyway my friend seems to be deciding on the Go T variant and will be taking the delivery sometime in July and i've run out of things to make him consider another car. Any suggestion you people, because spending 4.6L on Go seems to be a far cry, for me atleast.
Old 29th June 2014, 16:45   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
I believe that while users are allowed to vote for the review, its high time they should also be allowed to vote for the Car on a scale of 1 to 5 or even better 1 to 10.
This will automatically generate the ratings for any car from the pov of T-BHPians.
This poll should be put on the official review page of all the launches.
If there is some way we can capture the opinions of BHPians I'm sure it'll give super results. Probably even JD Power's surveys given that the ones casting their vote/sharing their input or opinion have the both love for automobile and the knowledge to appreciate and comment.
Old 18th July 2014, 17:24   #160
BHPian

Drove my friends Go from dealership to Temple to his home. I drive Ritz Zxi, without comparing with it here are the things I find about Go:

+ve
1. Spacious inside and also large boot.
2. Sufficient low end torque not to stall it in any situation in city drive
3. Sufficient power in all RPM range for sedate drive, I think both because of such low weight of the car and 1.2l engine, and the gearing is right
4. lightweight pedals, easy to drive in bumper to bumper traffic
5. Good enough breaking power
6. though it is not tall boy in true sense, getting in and out is not a problem
7. Predictable gearshift, and its not hard or notchy

-ve
1. very thin sheet metal, it sounds that way if you knock it
2. power steering is too smooth and lightweight to get a feel that you are driving a car and you are not in games
3. no airbag, abs as option
4. seating comfort is not that great, and low under thigh support in front seat (didn't get a chance to seat rear seat). I am almost 5'11".
5. awkwardly placed parking break lever, it touches my knee

I drove eon once, in my opinion apart from brand (as well A.S.S.) and some extra features in highend eon, Datsun Go is better in term of space, driveability and comfort. However, I would choose neither Go nor Eon.
dipdawiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 16:55   #161
Team-BHP Support

In wake of the festive season, Datsun has announced benefits of up to Rs. 38,000 for customers of the GO

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 05:44   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Chief Competitors of the Datsun Go

Hyundai Eon
In my opinion, this review and comparison is so far the best I have read yet; on team bhp. And I am a member since last 6-7 years.

Not only the writer understands these cars completely, the best part is that writer understands us, team-bhpians, completely.

Exact info. Not a single superfluous word. Concise and crisp to the core. Respecting the fact, what the members here already know of these cars in this segment.

Kudos!

Last edited by wanderhermit : 11th September 2014 at 05:53.
wanderhermit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 15:12   #163
Senior - BHPian

Is there a refresh version of Datsun Go coming by this year end or 1st half of next year.

Few people in the market are spreading these rumours any update.
Old 20th September 2014, 20:33   #164
BANNED

Reading all these reviews makes me consider this Datson as a better alternative to some over priced "premium" offering as well its peers in the entry level. Waiting for vitamin m.
Old 9th October 2014, 12:00   #165
BHPian

Just got a glimpse of a car very similar to the Go. But the number plate seems to be in a diff location. Guess it is the Go+

Datsun Go : Official Review-20141008_142009_889.jpg

Datsun Go : Official Review-20141008_142051_532.jpg

Datsun Go : Official Review-20141008_142140_693.jpg
-NUT-case is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks