Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2014, 08:38   #181

Re: Hyundai Xcent : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolguy View Post
Kun had black with light grey work done in fabric, they told me to go to their shop in Ambathur near wavin to have a look since they don't stock it in Annanagar. There is a small sticker near the Nallas Appa Kadai(opp 14 shops) as well he told me he will be getting stock today and he told me the color would be black as well but he didn't have stocks he was supposed to call me today with availability.
Got a quote for Dolphin brand seat covers in black from the same shop that I had spoken to earlier for 5200 INR. Getting it done today.
Old 11th June 2014, 08:44   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Finally i too am getting my car on Wednesday,did the inspection Yesterday. Everything is done just waiting for RTO formalities( tax receipt etc etc) , even the Reg no is with me. Tyres are a big let down (Mine has Apollo Amazer 3G), opting for Yoko Es100 (185/60 R14) with Matt black onyx alloys.
Any ideas if i can get the Electro chromic Mirror fitted at dealership.
I had the same question. Mine was an S Option model which came with the reverse sensor and the dealer said that they would only refit sensors, camera and electro chromic mirror as a whole set for 8287 INR (material 7500 + Labour 700 + Tax 87). The current sensor set that I have would be removed and provided to me as a backup replacement in case of the other unit failing.

I will upload the accessories price list that I have once I locate it.
Old 11th June 2014, 12:04   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by abubakkarmy View Post
Got a quote for Dolphin brand seat covers in black from the same shop that I had spoken to earlier for 5200 INR. Getting it done today.

I got it done on saturday for RS 6000 including installation at US Designs Near 14 shops in Anna Nagar. Got Black with Red borders.
kolguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 23:52   #184
Senior - BHPian

I finally took delivery of my car on Wednesday noon, process was fast and quiet. Except few jumble ups by dealership like they decorated a Silver petrol car instead of White Diesel car i ordered and some spelling mistakes in RTO papers n stuff. After a short Pooja ritual at dealership, took the car directly to change the footwear. Opted for Yoko S drives 185/60 R14 instead of earlier thought Es100's along with Matt black Onyx alloys. Then went to 3M for Nomads and window tints as well as under body coat ( i went for it to be on the safer side). Awaiting sort of customized Seat covers from Top gear. Next in line is detailing and Ice upgrade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abubakkarmy View Post
I had the same........ a whole set for 8287 INR (material 7500 + Labour 700 + Tax 87). The current sensor set that I have would be removed ........ have once I locate it.
The one you talking about is Autocop unit costing 7500, apart from this there is another unit (Hyundai GA) it costs around 15000+Labour+Taxes. I am also searching for an aftermarket option similar to OE.

Here are couple of pics of My Car..
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-img_20140611_120429-1024x768.jpg  

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-img_20140611_172717-1024x768.jpg  

Last edited by agspins : 12th June 2014 at 23:59.
agspins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2014, 00:31   #185
BHPian

@agspins, nice wheels! the black alloys look good on the white car. 185/60R14s are a good choice for the Xcent as the stock 175s look (and are) too thin.

I'm assuming you exchanged your OE tyres and alloys...May I ask how much the tyre and wheel exchange cost you?
Old 13th June 2014, 00:41   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezj420 View Post
@agspins, nice wheels! the black alloys look good on the white car. 185/60R14s are a good choice for the Xcent as the stock 175s look (and are) too thin.

I'm assuming you exchanged your OE tyres and alloys...May I ask how much the tyre and wheel exchange cost you?
Thanks mate, Stock rubber on Xcent (except for S option model) is 165/65 R14 (Read Hopeless).
Yes i exchanged my Alloys and Tyres for 21K, had to pay 16K apart from tyres and alloys.
Old 13th June 2014, 00:55   #187
BHPian

Appreciate the response, agspins.

I went for the SX(O), so while my rims are very nice, the tyres (despite being 175/60R15) seem too thin for the car. May look at a tyre-only upgrade in the near future, provided the 15" SX(O) rims can accommodate 185's.
Old 13th June 2014, 06:43   #188
BHPian

Congrats @agspins! Xcent in white is stunning. Will look forward initial ownership report soon. In my own experience, Hyundai customer service is better and always very responsive.
Old 15th June 2014, 02:52   #189

Well I had enquired with my dealer about seat covers and he quoted Rs 11,000 for leather ones for which u need to place an order. I opted for the fabric one since I am not a big fan of the leather ones and had no plans for it. He offered the fabric one costing Rs 4400 with a 10 % discount at around 3,900. I think it is good enough and it certainly goes well with the interiors and they did a good job with fitting it.
Old 16th June 2014, 11:03   #190
BHPian

Hi

Has anyone heard of any production or distribution issues? 2 dealers told me the same story. I have booked AT top version.

I suspect that these are stories to sell some other model. So, any news would be welcome.

Cheers

Rajain
Old 16th June 2014, 12:08   #191

I have booked the SX(O) petrol model on 14th April. so far no clue on the delivery date. Intially dealership told me that it is 2 months waiting period and still waiting for delivery date confirmation.
Old 16th June 2014, 14:19   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Hi

Has anyone heard of any production or distribution issues. I have booked AT top version.

Rajain
My petrol sx(o) AT had a waiting period of 4 weeks. I got silver color. One thing you could do is call up any Hyundai dealer in Chennai to see what waiting period they quote. Try asking about different colors.
Old 16th June 2014, 14:57   #193
BHPian

Thanks. Anyone booked AT here? and is it taking more than 5-6 weeks? Initially it seemed ok but last week I started to hear 'production/distribution issues' and that seemed out of place and perhaps a tactic of selling a different version.

Cheers
Old 16th June 2014, 15:33   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Anyone booked AT here? and is it taking more than 5-6 weeks?
6 weeks and counting. Dealer says 8; but I don't believe it will come before 10. Bangalore seems to have particularly longer waiting times, although logic says waiting times should be higher for cities farther away from Chennai.
Old 16th June 2014, 15:49   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Anyone booked AT here? and is it taking more than 5-6 weeks? Initially it seemed ok but last week I started to hear 'production/distribution issues' and that seemed out of place and perhaps a tactic of selling a different version.

Cheers
When i had inquired about the AT variant i was given a lead time of 8 weeks and was assured by the SP that normally it would take lesser but to be on safer side they quote 8 weeks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks