Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2015, 17:28   #406
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Xcent : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaith.turbo View Post
Hi Venkat,
Everyone here feels exactly like you when their car gets damaged specially if it's brand new. So this is what I would have done.

Bumper Crack - Though there is no structural damage or any safety issues, I would still replace it with insurance. I have tendency to think about cracks whenever I sit in the car.
Left ORVM Indicator - Again I would replace this. Temporarily you can tape the loose end of the wire.
Screeching noise when I start driving - Does this happen when you turn on the AC or does it happen even when it's off?
Crackling noise - Not sure, Sorry.
Screeching noise is there when the AC is off. It happens when I start the car, slot it in gear and move ahead.
Old 23rd June 2015, 17:31   #407
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkats2001 View Post

Screeching noise is there when the AC is off. It happens when I start the car, slot it in gear and move ahead.
Could it be clutch release bearings or something related to clutch settings.
Old 24th June 2015, 19:25   #408
BHPian

Re: Minor issues with my Xcent

Quote:
Thanks, I will check with the A.S.S. on the screeching noise. Can you let me know of any good and reliable garage in Pune?
I'd recommend TuneUP Plus, it is located near balewadi. Several members in this forum have recommended this garage as well.

From My Experience, be prepared to:

1. Get appalled at some of the suggestions made by Abhijit, the owner of the garage. He does not recommend replacing unless it is really mandatory.

2. He is quite busy and you will have to glean him away from in-between calls.

However he does things very nicely and i've been giving my i10 to him after the expiry of free services, in the past he had saved my fenders by plastic welding and painting.
kutoos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 09:53   #409
BHPian

Quote:
[list=1][*]the engine guard below the front bumper is hanging loose with 2 plastic screws fallen down. Fix it temporarily, and then take it to the Hyundai A.S.S the next day. He also fixes it temporarily, and says first service is due in 4-5 days, will take a look then. During the first service, they mount it on the ramp for a better look. Very small crack in the underside of the front bumper, not visible at all.
I had damaged my engine guard- the plastic cover just below the front bumper. Hit it twice while parking perpendicular to a curb, and once in a huge pothole. It was hanging and touching the ground. Hyundai replaced it, for 600-700 bucks. My bumper is scratched and the paint has peeled, but it's visible only if you look from under the car.
Old 26th June 2015, 12:06   #410
BHPian

I too am experiencing a screeching noise from or under the engine bay. I think it appears when I switch on the AC. Any suggestions?
Old 29th June 2015, 12:43   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Dear All,

I am very new to the forum, and am starting a thread for the first time (tried searching through the existing threads, but could not find something similar).
=============
Thanks in advance for hearing me out. And please excuse if any of these queries seem silly, maybe I am a new owner and driver and hence overly concerned
So a quick update on the issues I am facing with my Xcent, had taken the vehicle to the Hyundai A.S.S yesterday:
  1. Bumper Crack - Did not fix anything for this, the engine guard can be changed later. For bumper crack and engine bracket crack, will show it to the garage that is recommended by BHPians here
  2. Left ORVM Indicator - Again the Left ORVM Indicator strip was not in stock. Moreover, this time the service attendant checked again and said that the slot/notch within the ORVM cowl where the indicator strip locks in place is broken. So the only option is to change the entire mirror assembly for 6.5K! Made no sense whatsoever. So had him dismantle the assembly, fit the chrome strip back in and then had scotch tape cover the indicator strip. Works fine and looks OK as well.
  3. Screeching noise - I have taken a video of this, but am not sure how to upload the same. I can only see a link to upload images. The Service Advisor was very casual about this. He said that this is very common when the vehicle starts, it is mostly because of rubber belt rubbing against metal, or because of brake pads becoming cold if the car is stationary for a while (friction/lack of friction). Was told that it is not a problem, anyway after 5 mins or so the noise disappears. Also, odo reads only 1000 KM so far so this will disappear with time according to him
  4. Crackling noise - Most hilarious solution to this. Initially I showed this to the guy who prepares the job card, he acknowledged that there is some slight crackling noise, but it does not seem to come from AC vents. He checked seat belts, boot etc. Then the Service Advisor comes, and again he says this can be ignored. New car, all are precision parts etc. no issues whatsoever. And then, he picks up the ganapati idol sitting on the dashboard, and after some time places it back again. And now it looks like the noise has disappeared! I have absolutely no idea what happened here! Will check again to see of the noise has actually disappeared.

They said that a more detailed check-up can be done during the 1 year service, which is still 8 months away.

Any thoughts?
Old 8th July 2015, 18:39   #412
BHPian

Quote:
So a quick update on the issues I am facing with my Xcent, had taken the vehicle to the Hyundai A.S.S yesterday:
  1. Bumper Crack - Did not fix anything for this, the engine guard can be changed later. For bumper crack and engine bracket crack, will show it to the garage that is recommended by BHPians here
  2. Left ORVM Indicator - Again the Left ORVM Indicator strip was not in stock. Moreover, this time the service attendant checked again and said that the slot/notch within the ORVM cowl where the indicator strip locks in place is broken. So the only option is to change the entire mirror assembly for 6.5K! Made no sense whatsoever. So had him dismantle the assembly, fit the chrome strip back in and then had scotch tape cover the indicator strip. Works fine and looks OK as well.
  3. Screeching noise - I have taken a video of this, but am not sure how to upload the same. I can only see a link to upload images. The Service Advisor was very casual about this. He said that this is very common when the vehicle starts, it is mostly because of rubber belt rubbing against metal, or because of brake pads becoming cold if the car is stationary for a while (friction/lack of friction). Was told that it is not a problem, anyway after 5 mins or so the noise disappears. Also, odo reads only 1000 KM so far so this will disappear with time according to him
  4. Crackling noise - Most hilarious solution to this. Initially I showed this to the guy who prepares the job card, he acknowledged that there is some slight crackling noise, but it does not seem to come from AC vents. He checked seat belts, boot etc. Then the Service Advisor comes, and again he says this can be ignored. New car, all are precision parts etc. no issues whatsoever. And then, he picks up the ganapati idol sitting on the dashboard, and after some time places it back again. And now it looks like the noise has disappeared! I have absolutely no idea what happened here! Will check again to see of the noise has actually disappeared.

They said that a more detailed check-up can be done during the 1 year service, which is still 8 months away.

Any thoughts?
Dear experts, request your views please
Old 8th July 2015, 21:24   #413
BHPian

From last 10 years i am driving zen pre estilo version and very satisfied in terms of driveability and engine response. Its so quick and punchy that in any gear you will find ample power to pull it with grace. Just couple of days back i drove xcent of my friend in the city and found so lethargic and in 2 nd gear a lag which i never realise in my zen. I drove it couple of times again and draw a conclusion.I am really surprised to see that my zen is more fun to drive in city compare to xcent being a more powerful engine with higher bhp!!
Old 13th July 2015, 09:50   #414
Senior - BHPian

On 2nd July we took delivery of our Xcent S(O) petrol. We chose colour Twilight blue as it is not that common. The experience with dealership (Global Gallarie Hyundai) was not that great. They missed delivery date once, goofed up the address on documents and the car was dusty from the inside at delivery. We had to ask them to clean it. Yet they had the audacity to ask for a 10/10 rating. Anyway I've decided not to dwell on this too much and enjoy the car

We haven't driven around much in the car yet. The odo currently stands at around 360 km. coming from the Swift, this is definitely a downgrade in terms of driving experience. Swift was a league of its own. I am not complaining though, as we knew about this before making the purchase. Interior quality, as expected, is top notch. Space all around is good and the interior exudes a premium feel. On the outside, panel gaps are all even, and the paint finish is good. Panel gaps and shut lines are even throughout. The Xcent is no looker, it has a design which will neither excite anyone, nor offend anyone.

I will definitely try to post an ownership review as and when time permits. I am unable to post any pictures from the iOS app. Once I reach home, I will share a pic or two.
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 10:30   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
coming from the Swift, this is definitely a downgrade in terms of driving experience. Swift was a league of its own. .
You are not alone friend.

I have also upgraded from my swift D to Xcent P.

The recent long drive we had over 1500Kms, my spouse said, "I am missing the swift". I too realized it a bit.

Couple of things which would have been better IMHO in the Xcent :
Auto Locking of Doors.
Horn Reach.
Lag in second gear
Rear AC - Had to keep the blower to the max and also the temp, while driving in hot and humid conditions.
hamster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 11:27   #416
Senior - BHPian

Here is a pic of the car, clicked in Sanjay Gandhi national park, Mumbai:

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-img_3269.jpg

@hamster: I agree with your first 2 observations. Yet to experience the AC in extreme heat, hence cannot comment on it. I haven't driven the car sufficiently enough to gauge the lag in 2nd gear.

Last edited by AkMar : 13th July 2015 at 11:32.
AkMar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 13:34   #417
Senior - BHPian

Hyundais are far from Zen's handling capability. The only car that would beat it is the Swift.

Hatches with boot are far off. You'd be disappointed even with Dzire. Maruti should bring the Jelly Bean Zen back with modern engines, it would do well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
From last 10 years i am driving zen pre estilo version and very satisfied in terms of driveability and engine response. Its so quick and punchy that in any gear you will find ample power to pull it with grace. Just couple of days back i drove xcent of my friend in the city and found so lethargic and in 2 nd gear a lag which i never realise in my zen. I drove it couple of times again and draw a conclusion.I am really surprised to see that my zen is more fun to drive in city compare to xcent being a more powerful engine with higher bhp!!
Old 17th July 2015, 13:38   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Maruti should bring the Jelly Bean Zen back with modern engines, it would do well.
They did - it's called the Alto K10!
Old 17th July 2015, 15:17   #419
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
On 2nd July we took delivery of our Xcent S(O) petrol. We chose colour Twilight blue as it is not that common.

We haven't driven around much in the car yet. The odo currently stands at around 360 km.

The Xcent is no looker, it has a design which will neither excite anyone, nor offend anyone.
Congratulations. I like Blue color so my thought process was the same that Twilight Blue seems to be an offbeat color so got the same for myself but now I am seeing so many Twilight Blue that it has surpassed Red Xcent when it comes to spottings!! Infact I spotted a Twilight Blue AT (same as mine) in my area! But looking at Red now, I am blown away and if I had to do over again, I would have got Red Xcent.

What was the odo reading when you took delivery?

I agree with your comment about looks/design - I have the same opinion - Xcent is in the middle of everything (neither good nor bad).
Old 17th July 2015, 15:25   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
Congratulations. I like Blue color so my thought process was the same that Twilight Blue seems to be an offbeat color so got the same for myself but now I am seeing so many Twilight Blue that it has surpassed Red Xcent when it comes to spottings!! But looking at Red now, I am blown away and if I had to do over again, I would have got Red Xcent.
Yes, there are quite a few Twilight Blue Xcents seen now. Red looks good too. But since our previous 2 cars were red, many at home were against a 3rd red car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
What was the odo reading when you took delivery?
Around 100 km. It matches the approximate distance from stockyard to RTO at Virar (near Mumbai) and from RTO to showroom in Mumbai.
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks