Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2015, 12:45   #421

Re: Hyundai Xcent : Official Review

Have been getting a damp stinking smell when I turn on the air conditioner of my Xcent. This also happens if I run the fan alone without cooling. The smell disappears in about 20-30 seconds of turning on the cooling, but it stinks horribly when it comes. Have noticed this in a friend's i10 also. Would help to know if others have faced this too and what was done about it. This is in Bengaluru climate irrespective of outside humidity!
Thanks!
Old 23rd July 2015, 13:23   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjoe View Post
Have been getting a damp stinking smell when I turn on the air conditioner of my Xcent. This also happens if I run the fan alone without cooling. The smell disappears in about 20-30 seconds of turning on the cooling, but it stinks horribly when it comes. Have noticed this in a friend's i10 also. Would help to know if others have faced this too and what was done about it. This is in Bengaluru climate irrespective of outside humidity!
Thanks!
Yes, I faced this in my wife's i10 too, reported during services and they claimed they cleaned the filter etc.. Issue persists occasionally though dwindled.
Old 23rd July 2015, 13:24   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjoe View Post
Have been getting a damp stinking smell when I turn on the air conditioner of my Xcent. This also happens if I run the fan alone without cooling. The smell disappears in about 20-30 seconds of turning on the cooling. Would help to know if others have faced this too and what was done about it!
Haven't faced this in Xcent yet, but I did have this issue to some extent in our swift. Try running heater of the car with blower at full speed for 5-10 minutes, the smell should disappear. Do this regularly, about once every month.
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 18:33   #424
BHPian

I calculated the mileage of my petrol SX(O) using full tank method. It came to a sad 9.82 kmpl! This is usually bumper-to-bumper traffic in Pune with A/C on. My car has run around 1500 KM so far.

Am I not driving this well? Or do I need to get this checked?
Old 5th August 2015, 10:35   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkats2001 View Post
I calculated the mileage of my petrol SX(O) using full tank method. It came to a sad 9.82 kmpl! This is usually bumper-to-bumper traffic in Pune with A/C on. My car has run around 1500 KM so far.

The mileage scenario is the same even in my case. I read about people getting 12kmpl to 15kmpl on the car, but I am hardly there. Here are two images illustrating my car's mileage history.

1. http://grab.by/Jmo4
2. http://grab.by/Jmo8
Old 5th August 2015, 10:48   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkats2001 View Post

Am I not driving this well? Or do I need to get this checked?
Same Car, same traffic, same conditions (A/C) and almost Same mileage as well (slightly higher). For me, it hovers around 10+ on B2B traffic in Bangalore.
Old 5th August 2015, 19:20   #427
BHPian

This is surprising

I am using my Xcent AT for last one year in b2b traffic of Bangalore and I consistently get about 9.5KMPL, which shoots to about 11 when I use NICE road for about 30% of the commute.

Was expecting a far better FE from manual.
Old 6th August 2015, 11:23   #428
BHPian

I took delivery of my Twilight Blue Hyundai Xcent SX(O) AT on July 4th 2015 from Pramukh in Prabhadevi. I don't have the skill or the patience to do a lengthy write up.

The car is a real little gem and meets my needs perfectly. I do a daily commute of about 50km to and from office (Kandivali East to Vikhroli and back) via JVLR. Morning commute starts around 7:15 and takes 45 minutes. The evening commute is usually a bit longer - 1hr 15 mins - and has even taken 1hr and 45mins.

Driving is a breeze and even the Hub Mall to Aarey flyover stretch does not seem stressful in this. The engine is very smooth and the suspension seems adequate and soaks up most irregularities with a muted thud. The fit and finish is very high quality.
I am not an enthusiastic driver and stick to 55-60 kmph and move up to 80 kmph on the Eastern Express Highway. The car seems to get off the blocks quite briskly, but am yet to see how it will do with a full complement of passengers. It does seem to be a bit sluggish when asked to accelerate on uphill stretches.

The latest FE number using the tank to tank method came in at 11.5 kmpl . The previous one was 9.8 kmpl but I have a feeling I was cheated at the bunk (IOC Aarey flyover) using his distraction methods.

Overall I am very satisfied with this car
s_yajaman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 15:08   #429
BHPian

After this recent addition of ABS across all variants, Xcent base variant with ABS and front power windows has become very much value for money, if compared with even lower segment Wagon R 's Lxi variant, which itself a VFM choice, you get more powerful engine, usable boot space and ABS by just spending one lac rupees more.
Old 15th August 2015, 17:33   #430
BHPian

For petrol engines, has anyone noticed engine sound after starting in a closed area like basement parking? Our car seems to me making more sound than normal specifically noticed when in parking. It's more like tappet sound. Car is 1.5 years old and 13k km's.

Anyone else facing this issue?
Old 16th August 2015, 01:37   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
Our car seems to me making more sound than normal specifically noticed when in parking. It's more like tappet sound.

Anyone else facing this issue?
Nope, that doesn't seem to be the case for me at least. Although, my car is just 4 months old and has run 5K kms..
shayonpal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 09:27   #432
BHPian

A quick update on my latest FE number. The car ran 281 km and took 23 litres tank to tank for a FE of about 12kmpl. This included some terrible evening traffic along WE highway but largely smooth morning traffic.
Old 17th August 2015, 13:04   #433
JD1
BHPian

I have been seeing a lot of Xcents as taxis in Bangalore (Whitefield area to be specific) lately. They are painted white/green. Initially there was no name on the car so wasn't sure if it was taxi or hotel car. Now I see OLA painted so looks like there are few Ola drivers with Xcent. So looks like Hyundai has started allowing Xcents to be registered as taxis.

On FE, my SX(O) AT just completed 1500 kms in 3 months. I get about 8 kmpl but then I drive in b2b traffic both ways (HSR to ITPL for those familiar with how horrible peak time commute is on this route). There are times when I am just standing at a place for 1/2 hour moving an inch a minute with A/C on. Considering that I am still in run-in period, b2b traffic and AC on, I felt 8 kmpl is quite decent (remember there were reports of previous generation i10s giving 6 kmpls also!). Note that when I get free road (which in itself is a rare occurrence), I am light footed so most of the time ECO light turns on so this compensates the b2b traffic resulting in around 8 kmpl.

Last edited by JD1 : 17th August 2015 at 13:05.
JD1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 13:55   #434
BANNED

My friend is experiencing the same issue on his xcent
Have we got any solution to the trip meter reset issue yet ?
Old 20th August 2015, 19:37   #435
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone upgraded their headlamps on their xcent? I purchased H4 Philips x-tremevision and the dealer refused to fit them. I'm not sure how easy it is to do myself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks