Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2016, 23:14   #496
BHPian

Automatic is now available only in S variant. SX (O) is now discontinued.
Old 12th May 2016, 11:16   #497
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyundai Xcent : Official Review

Thank you to Ehtesham Mahmood for sending these images. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts!

Hyundai has completed twenty years in India. To celebrate the milestone, the company is gearing up to launch a special edition of the Xcent compact sedan. The car has been spotted and the spy images suggest that it will get cosmetic changes and additional equipment.

Name:  IMG_20160511_153515_edit.png
Views: 5748
Size:  346.1 KB

The Xcent gets chrome slats on the front grille instead of black ones, decals on the sides, a rear spoiler with an integrated stop lamp, a chrome number plate garnish that stretches across the boot lid between the tail lamps and a 20th Anniversary Special Edition sticker on the boot. On the inside, the car gets a Blaupunkt touchscreen infotainment system.Name:  IMG_20160511_153548_edit.png
Views: 6410
Size:  326.8 KB

Name:  IMG_20160511_153652_edit.png
Views: 5620
Size:  394.1 KB

Name:  IMG_20160511_153825_edit.png
Views: 7075
Size:  336.5 KB

Name:  IMG_20160511_153832_edit.png
Views: 6075
Size:  254.1 KB

One of the images reveals that the car has steel wheels with full wheel covers and body-coloured door handles. This indicates that the special edition is likely to be based on the S variant of the Xcent.

Name:  IMG_20160511_153843_edit.png
Views: 6990
Size:  404.9 KB

No mechanical changes are expected on the special edition. It will use the same 1.2-litre petrol and 1.1-litre diesel engines as the regular Xcent.

A special edition of the Grand i10 hatchback is also expected to be launched.
Aditya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 11:28   #498
Team-BHP Support

Just read the news about the SX(o) automatic variant being discontinued. Sad. Was one of the very few cars that offered an automatic in the fully loaded variant.

Saw the BRV CVT last weekend and it reminded me what a brilliantly loaded package the SX(o) automatic was! Reverse parking sensors, camera, capable audio system, ECM IRVM etc. Most of the cars these days offer an automatic option only on the second trim level, including Hyundai's own Creta.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 13:15   #499
BHPian

Uninspiring special edition! The touchscreen system integration does not look well planned. A portion of the screen may not be visible from the driver's seat.
They should have planned for a fascia that can make it look more integrated.

We get a Special edition when we are looking for a facelift!!
Old 14th May 2016, 16:39   #500
BHPian

A quick question, our Xcent was hit by a car from side and rear driver side door had to be replaced.

Well, the experience from insurance claim to finally getting our car back was very disappointing. Will share the above experience later on.

The question for the time being is, the Hyundai dealer refused to paint the "black matt finish" area of the new door. A pic will explain.

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-img_20160514_163211.jpg

He told us to get it done aftermarket. Any knowledge regarding this with respect to other OEMS?

Thanks.
Old 14th May 2016, 18:26   #501
BHPian

I did not realise that SX (o) has been discontinued. We have an AT SX (o) and it is a fully loaded vehicle.

Most recently I got the service done as well. Its a wonderful little car with lots to write home about. Totally loaded. My wife is now doing a daily commute of 60 kms in it.

The Xcent per se makes a great case for itself. The numbers - in the range of 3500-4000 per month are evidence to the wonderful packaging.

Cheers
Rajain
Old 14th May 2016, 20:43   #502
BHPian

When compared to Amaze, Aspire and Zest, Xcent petrol has the lowest power at 81BHP. Does it affect the car performance on highways? The interior color and layout felt the best for me compared to other cars. However, power is the only concern. I was looking at SX and it has almost everything of higher end variants of Aspire and Amaze. With Aspire, the backseat seemed to lack underthigh support and headrest seems too low.

How is the feedback for Xcent petrol? Also width seems a bit small, can three average sized adults sit properly in the back?
Old 15th May 2016, 15:06   #503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
When compared to Amaze, Aspire and Zest, Xcent petrol has the lowest power at 81BHP.
I have a sxo AT and it is not the king of the highway. For a sedate driver like me it's not a major bother. I have to rev or manually downshift on some overtaking maneuvers. Stability at 100 kmph is average, but again not a major bother.

I have had three average sized adults, 2 adults + 1 car seat ,etc and again it's manageable but not super comfy. The period liva and amaze have more space I believe.
BenjiRoss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 17:08   #504
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashir View Post
The question for the time being is, the Hyundai dealer refused to paint the "black matt finish" area of the new door. A pic will explain.
Is it paint? I thought it is just vinyl on top of paint. If it's vinyl, 3M shops would be able to do a better job as compared to the Hyundai workshops.
Old 15th May 2016, 18:37   #505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
When compared to Amaze, Aspire and Zest, Xcent petrol has the lowest power at 81BHP. Does it affect the car performance on highways? The interior color and layout felt the best for me compared to other cars. However, power is the only concern. I was looking at SX and it has almost everything of higher end variants of Aspire and Amaze. With Aspire, the backseat seemed to lack underthigh support and headrest seems too low.

How is the feedback for Xcent petrol? Also width seems a bit small, can three average sized adults sit properly in the back?
I have an Xcent manual petrol since last 2 years.

Purely on driving experience, i would rate it 8/10. I did test drive the Amaze and DZire before zeroeing on the Xcent petrol.

To start with, the Xcent is very refined and revv happy then the trio of Amaze, Zest and DZire. The power though lower slightly on paper does not translate to a big difference in reality. Infact within city limits the car is efforless to drive thanks to a decent mid range performance and very light controls (clutch/gearshift/steering).

The only area where i do feel it could have been better is the lower end power. Its not bad by any standards, but its not as peppy as the 1.2 VTVT of the DZire. Still, the exceptional refinement and ease of driving more than makes up for it.

Regarding 3 adults, the space is better than Amaze and DZire, but not Zest. Although the boot space at 400 Ltrs is the best in class and even today unbeatable by compact sedan standards.

Last edited by DCEite : 15th May 2016 at 18:38.
DCEite is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 08:30   #506

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
I have an Xcent manual petrol since last 2 years.

Regarding 3 adults, the space is better than Amaze and DZire, but not Zest. Although the boot space at 400 Ltrs is the best in class and even today unbeatable by compact sedan standards.
I own a Xcent Petrol manual as well and agree to all the points mentioned by DECite. The only let down is lack of power below 2k rpm in 4/5th gears which makes overtaking in highways bit of a hassle.
Old 16th May 2016, 15:49   #507
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai India has quietly launched the XCent "20th Anniversary" Special Edition based on the S variant, at a premium of about 16,999 rupees over the standard model.

Restricted to a production run of only 2,400 units, the prices for the Special Edition are Rs 6.22 lakhs for the petrol S, and Rs 7.15 lakhs for the diesel S. (both ex-showroom, Delhi)

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-xcent3.jpg

Quote:
On the outside, the car gets additional detailing such as a '20th anniversary' badge on the boot, chrome finish to the lower front grille, a boot-lid spoiler with a reflector strip, additional chrome detailing to the rear fascia and side-body graphics.

Inside, the limited-edition model gets new black and red dual-tone fabric upholstery and a 6.2-inch Blaupunkt touchscreen infotainment system, in place of the standard car’s beige and black upholstery and 2-DIN audio system.

The 20th anniversary-edition Xcent is available in two exterior colour options – Pure White and Sleek Silver.
ACI

Last edited by RavenAvi : 16th May 2016 at 15:54.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 17:53   #508
Team-BHP Support

Earlier this month, we had reported that Hyundai was gearing up to introduce a special edition of the Xcent compact sedan (click here to read report). This variant is now open for sale in petrol and diesel versions, priced at Rs. 6.25 lakh and Rs. 7.18 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

The 20th Anniversary Special Edition is based on the S variant of the Xcent. It gets some cosmetic enhancements and additional features including a chrome radiator grille instead of a black one, decals on the sides, boot lid spoiler with reflector, boot lid chrome garnish and a 20th Anniversary Special Edition sticker on the boot.

On the inside, the car gets a 6.2-inch touchscreen AV system and red and black upholstery for the seats.
Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-img_xcent_gallery_15.jpg

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-img_xcent_gallery_12.jpg

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-img_xcent_gallery_13.jpg
Omkar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 18:13   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
Earlier this month, we had reported that Hyundai was gearing up to introduce a special edition of the Xcent compact sedan (click here to read report). This variant is now open for sale in petrol and diesel versions, priced at Rs. 6.25 lakh and Rs. 7.18 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Another attempt by the manufacturer to fool customer's by introducing a few cosmetic changes and giving it a fancy nametag. Pathetic excuse to charge more money from end customers. The car does not feature any mechanical changes. I don't understand how do manufacturers get away with such practises. Can't blame them really, most people get attracted to the eye-catching sticker job and the slightly better stereo and run to the dealer to book without really checking out the engine or other mechanical components.
agd19682 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 08:56   #510
BHPian

[quote=Omkar;3976032]

On the inside, the car gets a 6.2-inch touchscreen AV system and red and black upholstery for the seats.

/QUOTE]

The AVN System in the car, thoroughly looks like an aftermarket product.

Sad, that Hyundai has started practicing what Maruti used to do couple of years ago.

Last edited by sawnilrules : 18th May 2016 at 08:57. Reason: removing the image as its a duplication
sawnilrules is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks