Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2017, 18:28   #571
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Xcent : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by srihari154 View Post

Hi All,

I still have stock tyres running 165/65 R14 (Steel & Alloy). Hence was wondering if the stock tyres can be upgraded to something better to improve the ground clearance, better if it would be a straight fit without any major changes.

Also Is it possible to upgrade the stock headlights to something better without any wiring changes or any uncessary load on the battery?
Hi! You can certainly upgrade both.

For tyres, upgrade to 175/65 R14 ones from the stock 165/65 R14 tyres. GC will increase by about 6.5 mm.

For headlamps, go for Osram Nightbreakers or Philips Extreme Visions. They are of the same wattage as the stock bulbs, but are brighter. The improvement varies depending on the reflector design. Do note that these tend to have a shorter life than regular bulbs.

Also, for better illumination, you can use your fog lamps while driving at night, in addition to the headlamps.

Last edited by RSR : 26th April 2017 at 18:33.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2017, 09:42   #572

A/c does not work well if the car is slightly hot - had a bad experience as I had a long drive through the day. Service centre keeps denying that there is any issue!!!
Old 10th May 2017, 11:33   #573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjoe View Post
A/c does not work well if the car is slightly hot - had a bad experience as I had a long drive through the day. Service centre keeps denying that there is any issue!!!
The Xcent has a weak AC inspite of rear AC vents. In summers the AC cannot chill the cabin. It will just manage to keep temperature at comfortable levels. I am afraid service centre might not be able to do much about this.
Old 13th May 2017, 12:38   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
The Xcent has a weak AC inspite of rear AC vents. In summers the AC cannot chill the cabin. It will just manage to keep temperature at comfortable levels. I am afraid service centre might not be able to do much about this.
Which model are you referring to petrol or diesel. I have a diesel Xcent and would say the AC is very good cools the cabin quickly and also keeps the temperature cool.

Even when parked in the hot Sun for a few hours the cabin cools down way faster than my Swift.
sheldon4888 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2017, 15:57   #575
RSR
Senior - BHPian

I believe this may be a specific technical issue with Xcents (especially petrol ones) that are equipped with the automatic climate control system (ACC). In all the diesel Xcent taxis (without rear A/C vents) that I have travelled in, the A/C cooled the cabin very well, keeping me quite cool even at the rear in summer.

To those who're facing an issue with the Xcent's A/C, could you please share the type of A/C (manual or ACC) your car has, and the fuel it runs on?

Last edited by RSR : 13th May 2017 at 15:59.
Old 14th May 2017, 09:09   #576

Hi, I have an Xcent Manual Petrol (Manual AC) and the AC does struggle to keep the cabin cool in direct sunlight. You just have cool air blowing from the vent but the rest of the cabin remains warmer. I believe its due to the smaller compressor used in the Xcent and Grand i10.
aramosfet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2017, 10:37   #577
BHPian

Mine is an Xcent Automatic (Pertrol) model. Suffer the same problems. Get some air from the vent. Car remains warmer. The rear seat vent is space waste. Could have got rid of it. No use whatsoever.
kayvwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2017, 15:50   #578
BHPian

Had the same issue about the ac not cooling at all in my petrol xcent. Then sent the car to the service centre where it was diagnosed that the ac filter was choked . After cleaning the cooling has improved significantly . Since the service interval is 1 yr might be worthwhile getting the same cleaned atleast 6 monthly.
amidoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 11:43   #579
Senior - BHPian

Ours is a petrol Xcent with manual AC.
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2017, 14:49   #580
JD1
BHPian

Every 3-6 months I visit service center and get my AC filter cleaned (Bangalore / Petrol AT). After cleaning it performs well for a couple of months and then even the LO setting is just a helicopter making loud noise but not as much effective as I would have liked.
Old 13th June 2017, 15:41   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
I believe this may be a specific technical issue with Xcents (especially petrol ones) that are equipped with the automatic climate control system (ACC). In all the diesel Xcent taxis (without rear A/C vents) that I have travelled in, the A/C cooled the cabin very well, keeping me quite cool even at the rear in summer.

To those who're facing an issue with the Xcent's A/C, could you please share the type of A/C (manual or ACC) your car has, and the fuel it runs on?
Count my Xcent in on this.
Ours is a Petrol SX(O) variant. As mentioned in another reply, after doing the cleaning of A/C vents and filter, the A/C effect remains good for a month or so, and back to square one after that.
My family really complains about the power of the rear AC vents.
hamster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2017, 09:35   #582
BHPian

Had a scary experience driving on ORR y'day. The steering wheel suddenly turned lifeless. Luckily, I was able to stop the vehicle in a corner and switch off the ignition.
On restarting, the behaviour was not observed again.

This problem has been mentioned earlier also. Is there any resolution ?
My 2 year service is due next week. So any inputs will help
Old 15th June 2017, 10:42   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
Every 3-6 months I visit service center and get my AC filter cleaned (Bangalore / Petrol AT). After cleaning it performs well for a couple of months and then even the LO setting is just a helicopter making loud noise but not as much effective as I would have liked.
Hi, is the AC filter cleaning a DIY job or we have to visit HSC?

Does the filter choke due to dust or pollen from all the trees?

Nikhil
Old 15th June 2017, 14:45   #584
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post

Nikhil
I have not done a DIY as what the SA told is that you have to remove the panel (don't remember if it was behind dashboard or glove compartment) to access the AC filter. Since it is typically in warranty, I have never been charged for this service. If you aren't sure, you can also visit during one of their customer appreciation days and get these minor things serviced for free

I have seen the AC filter getting black (before cleaning) so I guess that is the dust from Bangalore roads. Once it's cleaned, the results are instantaneous (till about a month or two!)
Old 19th June 2017, 21:18   #585

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post

Nikhil
I came across this video on cleaning cabin air filter in Xcent and tried it during the weekend. Its fairly easy to do.

I can confirm a modest improvement in the AC cooling. I haven't tested it much as it has been rainy and overcast here for the last few days.
Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-img_20170617_130650.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 19th June 2017 at 21:20.
aramosfet is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks