Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2020, 11:18   #676
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Xcent : Official Review

Hi team, I am noticing that there is some leakage from my Xcent which forms a trail on the ground.

I have noticed that this only happens when I run the AC in the car. When I move into my parking spot, I can see that the road behind has a trail of drops. I am not sure whether this is water/oil something else. It does not seem to have affected the performance of the car.

Any suggestions would help, thanks.
Old 14th February 2020, 11:28   #677

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkats2001 View Post
Hi team, I am noticing that there is some leakage from my Xcent which forms a trail on the ground.

I have noticed that this only happens when I run the AC in the car. When I move into my parking spot, I can see that the road behind has a trail of drops. I am not sure whether this is water/oil something else. It does not seem to have affected the performance of the car.

Any suggestions would help, thanks.
If you are in a place with high humidity, it could just be condensed water from the AC which is normal. Check the engine oil, coolant and brake fluid levels under the bonnet. If any of them are less then it could be a leakage.
aramosfet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 16:36   #678
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have noticed that this only happens when I run the AC in the car. When I move into my parking spot, I can see that the road behind has a trail of drops....
It is the AC condensation outlet, absolutely normal. Wouldn't hurt to check all vital fluids periodically, but if one of them was leaking enough to leave a flowing trail, you would've noticed a malfunction of some sort by now.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 00:51   #679
BHPian

Hi Team,

Has anyone fit a child seat in the Xcent? I am looking to buy one, any pointers would be appreciated.

I don't think my Xcent has ISOFIX mounts for the child seat (mine is a SX (O) bought in 2015).

I cannot even find a hook on the parcel tray to mount the seat The ones that I have used overseas usually had this additional hook to clamp the seat apart from the seat belts running across the child seat. Is it just the standard seat belt across the seat kind of fitting?
Old 17th February 2020, 11:15   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
It is the AC condensation outlet, absolutely normal. Wouldn't hurt to check all vital fluids periodically, but if one of them was leaking enough to leave a flowing trail, you would've noticed a malfunction of some sort by now.
Thank you Chetan. I will check the status of the vital fluids
Old 17th February 2020, 11:32   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Team,

Has anyone fit a child seat in the Xcent? I am looking to buy one, any pointers would be appreciated.

I don't think my Xcent has ISOFIX mounts for the child seat (mine is a SX (O) bought in 2015).

I cannot even find a hook on the parcel tray to mount the seat The ones that I have used overseas usually had this additional hook to clamp the seat apart from the seat belts running across the child seat. Is it just the standard seat belt across the seat kind of fitting?
I had a 2014 Xcent and was using this car seat - https://www.chicco.in/products/80586...car-seats.html

As you mentioned, it is just fastened with the seat belt. There is no other hook or fix.
praveen789 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 12:39   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen789 View Post
I had a 2014 Xcent and was using this car seat - https://www.chicco.in/products/80586...car-seats.html

As you mentioned, it is just fastened with the seat belt. There is no other hook or fix.
Thank you Praveen. The link is very useful, I will check this out
Old 4th August 2020, 16:50   #683
BHPian

Hi All,

Hope everyone is safe and doing well during these tough times I need your expert inputs please.

I had serviced my Xcent in December 2019 (paid service) where apart from the usual things, one filter was also replaced.

I am planning to travel interstate soon so thought it would be better to get the car checked once before travelling considering the running was low due to the lock down. Got the car picked up yesterday, and given below is what the SA told me after inspection. I am also listing my questions inline:
  • I had complained that the AC did not seem to be functioning properly. SA said that the AC filter needs to be replaced. Wouldn't this have been checked 6 months back, there were no issues reported then? The previous filter replaced said ASSY air in the box, not sure which one this is
  • SA said that one belt in the engine needs replacement. It is listed as ribbed belt in the invoice. Again, was wondering why this was not called out in the previous service?
  • Battery was replaced (car is now 5 years old). No issues with battery were reported 6 months back in the previous service. However, the battery did die once during lock down and had to be jump started
  • The left ORVM had some sort of scratches which seem to have appeared recently and the mirror is hazy. It is not the kind which can just be cleaned. The SA said that this is because of some hard water, and only way out is to replace the mirror. My question is that the cleaner uses the same water to clean the whole car, why has this happened only on one side?

Thank you in advance
Old 6th August 2020, 21:51   #684
BHPian

Quote:
  • I had complained that the AC did not seem to be functioning properly. SA said that the AC filter needs to be replaced. Wouldn't this have been checked 6 months back, there were no issues reported then? The previous filter replaced said ASSY air in the box, not sure which one this is
  • SA said that one belt in the engine needs replacement. It is listed as ribbed belt in the invoice. Again, was wondering why this was not called out in the previous service?
  • Battery was replaced (car is now 5 years old). No issues with battery were reported 6 months back in the previous service. However, the battery did die once during lock down and had to be jump started
  • The left ORVM had some sort of scratches which seem to have appeared recently and the mirror is hazy. It is not the kind which can just be cleaned. The SA said that this is because of some hard water, and only way out is to replace the mirror. My question is that the cleaner uses the same water to clean the whole car, why has this happened only on one side?

Thank you in advance
For point 1 and 2, service centre people generally don't look into these things unless asked specifically for. Call it work overloaded or sheer negligence.

Did you get battery checked again? Is the current level ok as per Hyundai standards? What's the problem here?

Regarding ORVM, I will suggest you to try cleaning with Colin or toothpaste, if you haven't done already. Check this with FNG, they generally give honest opinion.
Old 10th September 2020, 12:37   #685
BHPian

My hyundai xcent petrol is 6+ years old and whilst servicing, the service centre asked us to change the suspension and break pads.

Given rates below
Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-15997214922921140427335887172851.jpg

Are these ok?
Old 10th September 2020, 12:41   #686
BHPian

Anyone here has changed the brake pads and suspension for hyundai xcent? My car is 6+ years old (petrol). Service centre guys have asked to change brake pads and suspension.

Total cost given :₹ 23,780 excl gst
Old 11th September 2020, 12:16   #687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorlover View Post
Anyone here has changed the brake pads and suspension for hyundai xcent? My car is 6+ years old (petrol). Service centre guys have asked to change brake pads and suspension.

Total cost given :₹ 23,780 excl gst
How many kilometers has the car done? Brake pads on my 6 year old xcent (AT) is also due for change now, but I've done only 40000 km.
May be too early for a suspension change unless the usage is a lot or there is a lot of driving on not-so-good roads.
Can't comment on the quote
BenjiRoss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2020, 11:31   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
How many kilometers has the car done? Brake pads on my 6 year old xcent (AT) is also due for change now, but I've done only 40000 km.
May be too early for a suspension change unless the usage is a lot or there is a lot of driving on not-so-good roads.
Can't comment on the quote
Thanks for your reply. Done 70500 kms. Roads aint so bad and usage also not much.
Old 18th October 2020, 20:30   #689
Senior - BHPian

My 26k run Xcent AT is now suffering from the exhaust pipe rust holes that couple of others Bhpians in the forum have already faced.The sound from exhaust has increased considerably and HASS used M-Seal as a temporary fix. Service advisor says it will hold for a maximum of 6 months.

I had a couple of visits to a drive-in beach about 2-3 years back. I think those drives may have also contributed to this premature rusting. Anyway, I think I will replace the exhaust next time the sound appears.

Last edited by Aditya : 19th October 2020 at 04:40. Reason: Typo
Old 24th November 2020, 18:36   #690
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I own Xcent petrol 2014 model S(O) Variant. It has been a trouble free ownership so far however I have kind of got bored and want to spruce up the vehicle a bit. I have already wrapped the roof in black & have got the alloys painted in black too. Next up, I want to update the head unit to a touch screen. The budget I am looking at is some where around 15000 INR max. Do we have good options in this price range? Couple of expectations that I have from this head unit are(I am a noob when it comes to Headunits):

1. Smooth touch screen
2. Should be a straight fit in Xcent
3. Should have inbuilt navigation or should support Android Auto
4. Steering controls should work well including bluetooth connectivity
5. Watching videos & fitting reverse camera is not a mandatory requirement.
6. Should absolutely be no nonsense & maintenance - I plan to sell the vehicle in 2022.

Any inputs would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
A

Most Viewed