Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2020, 22:36   #691
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Xcent : Official Review

Got the below quote for yearly service and clutch replacement for a 6 year old, 57000 kms driven Xcent Petrol. Is this reasonable?

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-screenshot_20201201223157.jpg
Old 3rd December 2020, 20:30   #692
BHPian

I too own a 2014 model(sx) petrol. Trouble free ownership too . I recently changed to premium seats, added an arm rest, blue lights , and most importantly fitted a new hks exhaust. The pickup and sound is amazing. Wanted to change the head unit too. However cancelled due to budget constraints. I fitted one in my innova though and costing 12k .It did have a reverse camera. Touch screen isn't very smooth but ok . Does have inbuilt navigation. Brand : Woodman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
Hi Guys,

I own Xcent petrol 2014 model S(O) Variant. It has been a trouble free ownership so far however I have kind of got bored and want to spruce up the vehicle a bit. I have already wrapped the roof in black & have got the alloys painted in black too. Next up, I want to update the head unit to a touch screen. The budget I am looking at is some where around 15000 INR max. Do we have good options in this price range? Couple of expectations that I have from this head unit are(I am a noob when it comes to Headunits):

1. Smooth touch screen
2. Should be a straight fit in Xcent
3. Should have inbuilt navigation or should support Android Auto
4. Steering controls should work well including bluetooth connectivity
5. Watching videos & fitting reverse camera is not a mandatory requirement.
6. Should absolutely be no nonsense & maintenance - I plan to sell the vehicle in 2022.

Any inputs would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
A
motorlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 05:41   #693
BHPian

The costs for the replacement is fair enough. I too got a similar quote. However the labour charges are bit higher. I now get only the servicing done at the service centre and the replacement of any parts , I do with a very experienced mechanic. Mine is a 2014 model too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
Got the below quote for yearly service and clutch replacement for a 6 year old, 57000 kms driven Xcent Petrol. Is this reasonable?

Attachment 2088054
Old 4th December 2020, 10:36   #694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorlover View Post
I too own a 2014 model(sx) petrol. Trouble free ownership too . I recently changed to premium seats, added an arm rest, blue lights , and most importantly fitted a new hks exhaust. The pickup and sound is amazing. Wanted to change the head unit too. However cancelled due to budget constraints. I fitted one in my innova though and costing 12k .It did have a reverse camera. Touch screen isn't very smooth but ok . Does have inbuilt navigation. Brand : Woodman.
You can try Blaupunkt Newyork. Flush fit and good features like Android Auto etc.
xcentrk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 23:54   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcentrk View Post
You can try Blaupunkt Newyork. Flush fit and good features like Android Auto etc.
I am also looking for a touchscreen HU for my 2015 SX(O) pertrol Xcent. I will check out the Blaupunkt one.

for a stupid question. The 2017 Xcent facelift comes with a 7 inch touchscreen HU which has Android Auto / Apple Car Play. Can the same one be installed in the 2015 model? Any idea how much the Hyundai once costs?

I am also facing a couple of issues with my car (run approx. 24000 kms only in 5.5 years). I would be grateful for your expert inputs:

The gears are not slotting smoothly. I am having a lot of problems especially with the reverse gear. It just jams half way, and the rear camera does not activate. I have to really force it with a lot of pressure before it slots in and the camera gets activated.

The car absolutely does not pick up when I am driving uphill, even with no load. I am the only one driving and the boot is also empty, only the ac is on. However, the car absolutely refuses to move in 3rd gear, so many times even after downshifting to second I have had to apply the handbrake because it just starts rolling back. Mostly, I have to downshift and even after that it takes a good amount of time before it picks up.
venkats2001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 10:59   #696

Hi

The driver side seat belt seems to be soaked with water, expect for the part that is visible while the belt is retracted. Have noticed this even when the car goes for a wash. Car in question 2014 Xcent SX(O) Diesel.
Anyone having similar issues and is there a quick fix to it?
Old 8th December 2020, 11:06   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkats2001 View Post
I am also looking for a touchscreen HU for my 2015 SX(O) pertrol Xcent. I will check out the Blaupunkt one.

for a stupid question. The 2017 Xcent facelift comes with a 7 inch touchscreen HU which has Android Auto / Apple Car Play. Can the same one be installed in the 2015 model? Any idea how much the Hyundai once costs?
When I talk with my SA, he said it is not possible to do this and even if we do, he informed that it would cost upwards of 40k. The Blaupunkt one comes with Android Auto. And it fits snug so no issues there. Just change the panel + HU and you are good to go.

Quote:
I am also facing a couple of issues with my car (run approx. 24000 kms only in 5.5 years). I would be grateful for your expert inputs:

The gears are not slotting smoothly. I am having a lot of problems especially with the reverse gear. It just jams half way, and the rear camera does not activate. I have to really force it with a lot of pressure before it slots in and the camera gets activated.
It happens and it looks like pretty common with most Hyundai vehicles. Even during newer Aura TD, I have faced this issue.

The fix is to, slot into 1st gear and move forward a bit and then engage the reverse.

Quote:
The car absolutely does not pick up when I am driving uphill, even with no load. I am the only one driving and the boot is also empty, only the ac is on. However, the car absolutely refuses to move in 3rd gear, so many times even after downshifting to second I have had to apply the handbrake because it just starts rolling back. Mostly, I have to downshift and even after that it takes a good amount of time before it picks up.
The 3rd gear is useless in uphill driving. Honestly, if you can able to maintain speed of 30 and above then only engage 3rd during uphill driving. Otherwise, better stick to 2nd and move on. Yes FE will take a hit, but we can't do anything about it.

The gear ratios are tuned for efficiency and that is why this happens. Simple thing is that the rev should be above 2k rpm while driving uphill to carry enough momentum. So make sure you keep the rev above 2k!
xcentrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 16:28   #698
BHPian

Quote:
When I talk with my SA, he said it is not possible to do this and even if we do, he informed that it would cost upwards of 40k. The Blaupunkt one comes with Android Auto. And it fits snug so no issues there. Just change the panel + HU and you are good to go.

It happens and it looks like pretty common with most Hyundai vehicles. Even during newer Aura TD, I have faced this issue.

The fix is to, slot into 1st gear and move forward a bit and then engage the reverse.

The 3rd gear is useless in uphill driving. Honestly, if you can able to maintain speed of 30 and above then only engage 3rd during uphill driving. Otherwise, better stick to 2nd and move on. Yes FE will take a hit, but we can't do anything about it.

The gear ratios are tuned for efficiency and that is why this happens. Simple thing is that the rev should be above 2k rpm while driving uphill to carry enough momentum. So make sure you keep the rev above 2k!
Thank you very much for your reply, this was very helpful. Will it be possible for you to share a picture of the HU installed in your car so that I can get an idea? Does it connect wirelessly to the phone for Android Auto? I am assuming I can use maps as well and configure the steering control buttons as well.

I have never done this before, so sorry for my stupid questions. How do I go about this now, should I order this one online and then take it to the HASS and ask them to install? What was the total cost that you incurred including the HU and installation.

I see online that it costs around 20K and it also comes with a free reverse camera. May not be useful since the car already has the reverse camera.

Thanks for the inputs on the gear issue and uphill driving. Will keep those pointers in mind
Old 4th February 2021, 23:47   #699

Hey
This is regarding the ATF ,we have an XCENT SX(O) AT, 2014 and till today its odo reading is around 30k
Has anyone gone ahead and had an ATF change for thr xcent AT?
Pls share your experiences as i am confused about getting one..
PS car's transmission is not showing any problems but i want to keep the car for another 3 or 4 years...so to be on the safer side i am thinking of getting the ATF changed?
Old 5th February 2021, 08:01   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitmahi View Post
I did change the AT Fluid, but at the 100 K mark. The recommended interval is 120 K, but that seems aggressive and I would expect it to require a change earlier. It might require checking during regular service from the 60-70 K mark.

30 K is too low a mileage for considering a change in the AT Fluid, I suggest. It is a tad expensive - it cost me about Rs 11000.
Secretariat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 17:14   #701
BHPian

The door-handle in my Xcent came off from its groove - the kids in the street were holding/pulling it as they were playing around. Thankfully, the keyless-go sensor is working perfectly fine - its just that the door handle has to be kept back in place correctly.

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-hyundaixcentdoorhandle1.jpg

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-hyundaixcentdoorhandle2.jpg

I enquired with HSC (Hyundai Motor Plaza, Alandur) and was quoted some rates which seemed not right (unnecessarily costly) to me.

The service-mechanic who had the first look said that the circular piece (the piece where the key-hole is present) on the left side has lost its groove-thread and that alone has to be replaced. The service-advisor quoted something like around 1500/- for that piece.
And, later I was told that the whole piece might have to be changed (cost - around 4500/-).

Note that, its only the chrome-plated door handle and NOT with sensor.

I see that the whole part (both sides of the handle) is costing around Rs.1500/- here in this online link

Any idea on this? Or, any pointers on where I can get it done.

Cheers!
Old 20th February 2021, 18:34   #702
BHPian

The same happened to my xcent. It's with sensor . Gave us a quote of ₹900. + Installation ₹400 He said it's a frequent occurrence. One should put the thumb on the key and then pull gently
Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post
The door-handle in my Xcent came off from its groove - the kids in the street were holding/pulling it as they were playing around. Thankfully, the keyless-go sensor is working perfectly fine - its just that the door handle has to be kept back in place correctly.

Attachment 2123862

Attachment 2123861

I enquired with HSC (Hyundai Motor Plaza, Alandur) and was quoted some rates which seemed not right (unnecessarily costly) to me.

The service-mechanic who had the first look said that the circular piece (the piece where the key-hole is present) on the left side has lost its groove-thread and that alone has to be replaced. The service-advisor quoted something like around 1500/- for that piece.
And, later I was told that the whole piece might have to be changed (cost - around 4500/-).

Note that, its only the chrome-plated door handle and NOT with sensor.

I see that the whole part (both sides of the handle) is costing around Rs.1500/- here in this online link

Any idea on this? Or, any pointers on where I can get it done.

Cheers!

Last edited by motorlover : 20th February 2021 at 18:34. Reason: Additional note
Old 20th February 2021, 21:38   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you very much for your reply, this was very helpful. Will it be possible for you to share a picture of the HU installed in your car so that I can get an idea? Does it connect wirelessly to the phone for Android Auto? I am assuming I can use maps as well and configure the steering control buttons as well.

I have never done this before, so sorry for my stupid questions. How do I go about this now, should I order this one online and then take it to the HASS and ask them to install? What was the total cost that you incurred including the HU and installation.

I see online that it costs around 20K and it also comes with a free reverse camera. May not be useful since the car already has the reverse camera.

Thanks for the inputs on the gear issue and uphill driving. Will keep those pointers in mind
Hi, did you get to install HU in your xcent?
Old 20th February 2021, 22:22   #704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitmahi View Post
Hey
This is regarding the ATF ,we have an XCENT SX(O) AT, 2014 and till today its odo reading is around 30k
PS car's transmission is not showing any problems but i want to keep the car for another 3 or 4 years...so to be on the safer side i am thinking of getting the ATF changed?
Have you seen the owners manual recommendation interval for ATF change?

If Car is not showing up any issues or symptoms that needs ATF Change,

and if owner manual doesn't specify that ATF has to be changed,

and if dealer is not suggesting to change it during service, then,

Without any confusion, you can live a relaxed life with out worrying to change the ATF Oil
Old 1st March 2021, 22:13   #705
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, did you get to install HU in your xcent?
No, I had to travel suddenly for work and could not get around to doing it yet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks