Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2014, 21:40   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Xcent : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolguy View Post
Thanks for sharing. Which dealer was it ? I have been hunting for a Seat cover with no success. All of them have been claiming unavailability of seat covers.
This was from Jains Hyundai, Vellore. I haven't seen the car seat covers or enquired about availability.
Old 16th May 2014, 22:00   #137
Senior - BHPian

Took delivery of my S MT yesterday.

Again, no accessories available with the dealer. Not even a steering cover - forget seat covers. :(
Old 17th May 2014, 17:38   #138

Hi,

I got my car delivered today morning. S Option version. I guess they have received the cars in showroom as the SA said that he his clearing out deliveries for all previous orders within the week.
Old 17th May 2014, 18:33   #139
Senior - BHPian

A couple of quick questions on Bluetooth system on the Xcent/Grand:

1. Is it possible to surf through folders via the remote buttons on steering wheel? I noticed the seek buttons only navigate through the files in the current folder, but is there any way to change folders using the remote controls on steering?

2. If i press the call button on the steering wheel, it will display the call history. To navigate the call history i have to do it via the volume control on the dashboard. If i press the volume control on the steering it will do volume adjustment for the music. Any way to navigate the call history using remote controls?

Last edited by DCEite : 17th May 2014 at 18:38.
Old 17th May 2014, 21:06   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
A couple of quick questions on Bluetooth system on the Xcent/Grand:
Nope. You have to take your left hand off the wheel for both 1 & 2.
Old 18th May 2014, 00:10   #141

I finally got the delivery of SX(O) today evening. I was really impressed with the drive quality and even going through potholes and some worst service road along the highway the suspensions responded really well and I could hardly feel any jerks inside. I drove around 30 kms today. I guess Hyundai have done really a good job with this mid sized sedan and it surely feels like your money's worth.
Will surely put some pictures soon. When I asked for any accessories the dealer said they have not received any list of accessories and there is actually no need of much of it as the price of the mats which are provided were already included in the on road price. For seat covers he said that I better go for aftermarket ones because the covers available with them are expensive. So I have decided to put in seat covers and planning for a teflon coating from 3M.
ritesh94 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2014, 14:18   #142

Hello All,

I am not sure how many people are facing this issue. I noted a few similar quotes in this thread.

I have booked for a Hyundai Xcent Petrol (Pristine Blue color) on April 27th from a Dealer in Mumbai. I was told that the delivery would be in 6 weeks (confirmed). It's been more than 3 weeks now and I still do not have any proper update. Every time I call the dealer, I keep getting vague replies "Vehicle not alloted" or "Vehicle Color is not there in the factory now" etc. I got a reply from him today saying that Hyundai factory is shut for repairs for one week. He is asking me if I would like to change the color option and choose Red or Silver instead.

I have a gut feeling that he is taking us for a ride. I just wanted to know from the forum members whether this is usual habit with the dealers. What should I possible do in this case?

Any help would be appreciated.

THanks,
Libu
Old 19th May 2014, 21:47   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibuV View Post
Hello All,

I am not sure how many people are facing this issue. I noted a few similar quotes in this thread.

I have booked for a Hyundai Xcent Petrol (Pristine Blue color) on April 27th from a Dealer in Mumbai. I was told that the delivery would be in 6 weeks (confirmed). It's been more than 3 weeks now and I still do not have any proper update. Every time I call the dealer, I keep getting vague replies "Vehicle not alloted" or "Vehicle Color is not there in the factory now" etc. I got a reply from him today saying that Hyundai factory is shut for repairs for one week. He is asking me if I would like to change the color option and choose Red or Silver instead.

I have a gut feeling that he is taking us for a ride. I just wanted to know from the forum members whether this is usual habit with the dealers. What should I possible do in this case?

Any help would be appreciated.

THanks,
Libu
The dealer is surely taking you for ride, the allotments are done by dealer. When i changed my booking from one dealer to another, i was offered blue SX(O) on ready delivery basis, as they had one available. There was something at HMIL factory, last month, which had some impact on production. But that's not the case now afaik. Try to get in touch with dealerships GM or VP. Even you get in touch with HMIL's customer care or one of their Regional offices. Hope it helps you.
Old 20th May 2014, 14:03   #144
Senior - BHPian

Temperature gauge below mid point mark

Hello,

I have a 5 days old Xcent petrol.

Have observed a weird issue. After sufficient driving, the temperature needle does not reach at the exact mid point. It stays slightly below the middle point (i.e. towards the Cool side).

Is this how its supposed to work or some issue can be there? In my WagonR and Spark, the needle would always settle at exact middle position after sufficient warm up.

Please advise.
Old 20th May 2014, 14:11   #145
Senior - BHPian

Re: Temperature gauge below mid point mark

Quote:
Hello,

Have observed a weird issue. After sufficient driving, the temperature needle does not reach at the exact mid point. It stays slightly below the middle point (i.e. towards the Cool side).

Is this how its supposed to work or some issue can be there? In my WagonR and Spark, the needle would always settle at exact middle position after sufficient warm up.

Please advise.
Quite normal, depends on the head wind as well. If you are driving on highways during night or early morning, due to head wind, your car may take a long time to reach the optimum temperature.
Old 20th May 2014, 14:14   #146
Team-BHP Support

Re: Temperature gauge below mid point mark

Quote:
Hello,

Please advise.
It will change from car to car. It doesn't have to be half way in all cars. You can check with the service centre on other cars but seriously it's not a big deal at all as long as it doesn't go into the red.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2014, 20:29   #147
Senior - BHPian

Looks like my dealer is enthusiastic when taking a booking and then slowly sounding uncertain. Hoping to get the car on our Anniversary on May 30th, but now not sure.
The usual excuses are starting to crop up.
Old 22nd May 2014, 10:58   #148
BHPian

Have booked my metallic Silver SX(O) at Lakshmi Hyundai, Bangalore last weekend! SA promising a leadtime of 30-40 days, last promised leadtime being 30 days. Will keep you guys updated as to when the delivery happens...
Old 22nd May 2014, 11:16   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezj420 View Post
Have booked my metallic Silver SX(O) at Lakshmi Hyundai, Bangalore last weekend! SA promising a leadtime of 30-40 days, last promised leadtime being 30 days. Will keep you guys updated as to when the delivery happens...
Is this Hebbal?

My car was also delivered at the same dealership
Old 22nd May 2014, 14:03   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Is this Hebbal?

My car was also delivered at the same dealership
@DCEite, yes! I live in the Hebbal area and this showroom is closest to my place. Do you also live closeby? PM me and we'll catch up!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks