Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2014, 00:02   #211

Re: Hyundai Xcent : Official Review

Well after crossing the 1000 kms mark I am extremely satisfied with the performance of my SX(O) petrol. I am pretty happy with the FE as it gave me around 15 on the highway with a 120 kms drive last week with AC on for most of the time. Overall the car was pretty smooth even on some bad patches and the gear shift deserves special recommendation as it is as smooth as butter . I ll probably give it for the first service next week when it is due.
ritesh94 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2014, 00:23   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibuV View Post

Went to a car care shop and got seat covers. We had pre- booked the seat covers and they were ready when we reached them. Had initially thought to buy it from the dealer itself but, on hearing the Sky High rates that they were quoting, I decided against. My so called leather (god know if it really is) seat covers cost me Rs.3500/- plus 50 bucks to the guy who was putting it.
For leather seat covers its certainly impossible to get one for Rs 3500. I got a quote of Rs 9000 from a car shop and Rs 11000 from the dealer with a 1 year warranty. I went for a fabric one which costed me Rs 3900 from the dealer as I was not interested in leather ones. But it goes well with the dashboard and I am quite happy with it.
Old 22nd June 2014, 17:02   #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritesh94 View Post
The cost of the floor mats as well the mudflaps are included in the total cost atleast here in Pune . They charged Rs 1700 for RMK (Rubber mat kit) .
I seriously had no idea of NCB being transferred to the new car from the old one. But does it get transferred even though one has sold the previous car?

Hi Ritesh,

Yes. The NCB does get transferred even if you have sold your old car. I had sold my old car (TATA Indica). The NCB was transferred to the new car insurance. But yes, it did not come easy. The dealer usually never tells you this nor does the insurance company.

From what I learnt while fighting for my NCB, there are a couple of ways your can get the NCGB transferred:

1) The new car owner (for your old car) can visit your old insurance office and submit the required details (new RC Book, old insurance details etc.) for transferring the insurance to his name. He would have to pay a nominal amount for transferring the NCB (in my case, it was around 1300). Once this is done, you can approach the insurance company and ask them for a NCB transfer letter.

2) In case the new owner (of your old car) does not wish to continue with the same insurance company as you, you can either cancel the old insurance and get the NCB letter or you can opt to pay the NCB transfer amount and then get the NCB letter.

Either way, I feel this is wrong practice by the insurance companies to make more money out of the customers (old or new). NCB is something which every customer is entitled to and benefit which is passed to us by IRDA. No dealer or insurance company should have a say in this. But sadly, there is no regulation on this and we are taken for a ride. I have complained this to the IRDA. I have been getting several apology notices from the old insurance but nothing more than that.....

Hope this helps you.
Old 23rd June 2014, 21:28   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got some questions:
1) The car does not have a Security system and I need to install one. Which one should I go for? When I showed the car key to the external car care shop, they told me to ask the company/dealer to fit the system as they would not be able to install. I am little surprised. Is that true?

2) My model is a Xcent (S). Usually, I have seen the variant being mentioned at the boot section of the car. This one does not have any such thing. Is this how it is?

I shall keep you posted with more details after a little bit of driving around.
Congrats!

I too have the S model Petrol.

Regarding your queries:

1) The car does have a security system - in the form of engine immobilizer. Avoid getting any electrical security system installed from aftermakert - it might void your warranty.

2) The variant is absent from the boot from the S and Base models. My sales rep told me that only the (SX) and above variant have badging. I guess its the same for Verna as well.

All the best and do keep us posted !
Old 23rd June 2014, 23:36   #215
BHPian

Couple of things that I have been missing in the entire thread.

1. How is the drivability of the Diesel on hilly sections? Since the engine is a 1.1. Will it be able to cruise comfortably on the ghats with 4 adults and a kid?

2. What is the mileage folks are getting on the Diesel and Petrol and specially AT within city and highway?

Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 24th June 2014, 08:20   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Congrats!

I too have the S model Petrol.

Regarding your queries:

1) The car does have a security system - in the form of engine immobilizer. Avoid getting any electrical security system installed from aftermakert - it might void your warranty.

2) The variant is absent from the boot from the S and Base models. My sales rep told me that only the (SX) and above variant have badging. I guess its the same for Verna as well.

All the best and do keep us posted !
Thank you for letting me know that the warranty could get void when installing a security system from the market.
Can we approach the dealer instead? Do you think the immobilizer should be a good enough security system?

Please let me know.
Old 24th June 2014, 10:31   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for letting me know that the warranty could get void when installing a security system from the market.
Can we approach the dealer instead? Do you think the immobilizer should be a good enough security system?

Please let me know.
I would rather say that since an electrical security system is already in place, you go for a mechanical system like a Gear Lock or Steering lock. These locks being visible to outside world also act as a deterrent for potential thieves.

Last edited by DCEite : 24th June 2014 at 10:33.
Old 25th June 2014, 21:04   #218
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Neither Mats nor Flaps are provided as standard accessories. I drove mine with papers as mats to 3M Nagpur. Yet to fit the flaps.

Thank you.

Anyone got extended warranty for the AT versions? Our dealer says no extended warranty for AT.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 27th June 2014, 19:07   #219
Senior - BHPian

Update on the Fuel efficiency of my 1.2 S, the car is still in the run-in period (710 kms) and the FE on last cycle was 12.4 kmpl. This is with 100% city driving (Bangalore) and AC on 90% of time.

Seems to be ok to me, hoping it should improve as it piles more kms.

P.S. If you have a white coloured Xcent/Amaze/DZire, be careful at the petrol bunks, they are more likely to assume it's a Diesel vehicle.

Last edited by DCEite : 27th June 2014 at 19:09.
DCEite is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2014, 09:41   #220
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
P.S. If you have a white coloured Xcent/Amaze/DZire, be careful at the petrol bunks, they are more likely to assume it's a Diesel vehicle.
+1.

Sadly, my parents fell for this mistake soon after taking delivery of our SX(o). The petrol bunk attendant filled diesel by default seeing a white booted car- and parents were too enthralled by the new car to notice the mistake in time. No damage done I hope. Cleaning done, spark plugs changed as a precautionary measure. Car runs fine now.

It's been two days and I like the AT. It's extremely smooth and silent under normal driving conditions. Doesn't like enthusiastic driving though. Suits my requirements (For parents). The other automatic I have driven extensively is the Fortuner AT, and this box seems more of less similar in terms of responsiveness.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 2nd July 2014, 16:28   #221
BHPian

In my parking lot, rats entered my neighbors car and seems to have done some wiring damage.How can I prevent this?
Old 2nd July 2014, 16:49   #222
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorlover View Post
In my parking lot, rats entered my neighbors car and seems to have done some wiring damage.How can I prevent this?
Spend some time searching threads. We've almost every single topic on automobile covered here.

For your problem read here.
Rudra Sen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2014, 17:50   #223
Senior - BHPian

I just noticed an RFID tag on my xcent. Anyone has clue what is it and why its there?
Old 6th July 2014, 19:30   #224
BHPian

Quote:
I just noticed an RFID tag on my xcent. Anyone has clue what is it and why its there?
Authorities can use it as a vehicle identifier by scanning the tag.
Old 6th July 2014, 19:34   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post

Authorities can use it as a vehicle identifier by scanning the tag.
Can we get more info on this. Tried Google but didn't get any detailed information.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks