Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2014, 00:24   #31
BHPian

Re: 2014 Renault Fluence Facelift : Driven

Bad dealers as well went to test drive one with my friend (a month ago) who wanted to upgrade from his NHC. No one attended to us, they were busy chatting to themselves and finally we left, he booked a Corolla and got delivery of it a week back.
Old 25th July 2014, 09:17   #32
BHPian

I visited Renault in Whitefield - a salesman approached me when I was looking at the Duster but none when I was looking at the Fluence nor Koleos... it seemed like they didn't want to sell them.

I walked out with a pricelist - Fluence E4D is astronomically priced near to Jetta 2.0 CL, despite the freshness outside, the hard clutch, low quality plastics, the quirky ergonomics spoit it for me (& 3 of my friends have it)!
Old 25th July 2014, 12:24   #33
Senior - BHPian

Its been almost 3 months since the new Fluence has been launched.

In fact, had gone to Thane Renault with one of my friends last week and they had the Duster and Pulse in the showroom displays.

No Scala and no Fluence. Agreed that space may be a constraint but then they never showed any inclination of even explaining/selling their sedans as well!!

IMHO, Fluence is bogged down with the perceived lower spec engine and now with Corolla(though its D4D is nothing to write home about), it sells because of the T Badge, Fluence just had its going tougher.

The dealer attitude too is to blame for its lack of sales.
Old 21st August 2014, 21:30   #34
BHPian

Is it possible to change the front end of previous generation Fluence to current version's front end? My friend with previous generation model badly wants to know!He is willing to buy all necessary parts,provided it is just a swapping procedure.
Old 21st August 2014, 23:35   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilntny View Post
Is it possible to change the front end of previous generation Fluence to current version's front end? My friend with previous generation model badly wants to know!He is willing to buy all necessary parts,provided it is just a swapping procedure.
Since the front bumper extends all the way and the shape of the headlamp housing is the same, you won't need to change the bonnet and fenders. Just changing the front bumper and grille is enough. I heard somewhere that Renault dealers are willing to do this at a certain cost so your friend might want to inquire with the local dealer

Cheers!
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 19:36   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Neither have I, blame it on high price, lack of auto option and the new Corolla
I TD Renault Fluence pretty recently. The clutch is actually a bit of a joke. Being a short guy, I was never able to find a perfect driving position and the problem was actually compounded by the hardest clutch ever. Pun extends into the glove box too, which is spacious enough only to put your gloves inside.

Wonder why someone will pay 15.5 ex-show room for this vehicle. Any price around 12L it might sell better, but my belief is that the hard clutch is forcing Renault to position this as a chauffer driven vehicle and hence the steep price. Definitely not a self-driven vehicle. Period.
Old 3rd November 2014, 13:54   #37
Senior - BHPian

I td's the Fluence recently. The sales executive was quick to offer me the D4 for a good discount. But the quality and responsiveness of the sales team is lacking. There were 5 Dusters, 2 Micra and 1 Datsun GO and one Fluence at the back of the showroom. (Karnavati Renault). I got the car to drive after 3 phone calls.

I found the power to be suffficient for most tasks and infact the car felt more agile than the numbers on paper.

Compared to the similarly equipped Skoda Octavia (ambience), the Fluence has more kit minus the more powerful engine. But that's something a Pete's can take care of while saving a good 2,00,000 INR.

Audio sounds nice on both cars.

Hard Clutch is definitely an issue but Nothing in this segment can beat the rear seat comfort of this car IMHO.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 3rd November 2014 at 13:57.
Old 14th December 2014, 18:39   #38
BHPian

Hi folks,
recently visited Renault showroom at KR Puram whitefield / Inner ring road to check out Duster. I enquired casually on Fluence and had a vague idea why could it be my next car. I had test driven in 2010 and remembered the stylish exterior and quite pleasant driving experience with 5 on board. I inquired for a latest test drive and also the price quote for this month. I was surprised at the fact that they still have 2013 model stock and are giving 1.5 lakhs discount on ex showroom price both E2D and E4D. Petrol is not available. Had another test drive with my family and to avoid the bangalore traffic i had to take the car into rough terrain and unformed roads and the car did excellent, no scratches at the bottom. Seating comfort with 2 adults and 2 children behind and 2 adults forward was quite good. Visibility of the front ends is lacking, me being not so tall and that was well compensated with front proximity sensors which would beep (frequent beep when obstacle is closer) and that helped me a lot in avoiding bikers, 2 wheelers who often come dangerously close in a thick dense traffic. The steering smooth and light and almost precise. While driving it was evening and couldnt find the steering audio controls but i understand they are located behind the wheel as with other Renault India cars. The equipments are simple and functional. The Arkamys player could not be tested, with no CD, we could play only radio and was quite okay. I understand that the 2013 model has bose speakers.

Apart from front grilll change and speakers, rain sensing equipment and some other features which i dont exactly recollect (since i didnt find that important for my usage), I was told that 2013 model would quite loaded and fit for my requirements. The engine with new turbocharger is already present in 2013 model.

I am not sure if buying 2013 manufactured model (lying in the yard in chennai plant for around 1.5 - 2 years) would be good idea. Chennai being coastal city, the air has salt content and a good reason for higher corrosion than a car parked in interior places. Plus 1.5 years of open parking the car would have borne so much of weather influenced wear & tear on the exterior. How much ever paint warranty i would be assured, still not clear if it is a good move to buy.
Waiting to check if my car lease company would accept 2013 model for purchase which is the first gate to be passed before i could take my decision internally.

regards
Rajesh
Old 14th December 2014, 22:23   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

^^^
2013 model in 2014 Dec is a big NO considering the discount they offer. C-Segment cars were given similar discounts for a almost 2 year old car. Fluence being not a good seller 1.5L isn't any good for the car of this age.
Old 15th December 2014, 09:58   #40
Team-BHP Support

1.5 Lakhs is not enough discount, I would try for 15L on the road. Try and negotiate an extended warranty and insist on an oil change and new brake fluid before delivery
Old 15th December 2014, 18:55   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
^^^
2013 model in 2014 Dec is a big NO considering the discount they offer. C-Segment cars were given similar discounts for a almost 2 year old car. Fluence being not a good seller 1.5L isn't any good for the car of this age.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
1.5 Lakhs is not enough discount, I would try for 15L on the road. Try and negotiate an extended warranty and insist on an oil change and new brake fluid before delivery
Hi folks
thanks for your feedback. Yes, I am too having sever doubts on 2013 model's durability and also the fact the Fluence doesn't sell, if at any point i wish to dispose off this vehicle before 7-8 years at least, i would have serious loss of opportunity that i would get with best selling cars like the ones with T or H badge.
Especially I could not see any ownership reports of this car in team bhp and also when I searched the international web sites, I could find no proper review or usage reports of this car with diesel engine, often ended up regarding reports of Fluence Z E with batteries.

Still not decided but sharing some facts.

I got 2 L discount and 14.25 L on road.
EX- SHOW ROOM PRICE 1,157,000.00
ROAD TAX 256,068.00
REGN & HANDLING CHARGES 7,500.00
STD ACCESSORIES 4,805.00
ON ROAD COST 1,425,373.00

Although I saw the following in the new Fluence brochure, "Get 2+2 years or 80,000 km.* warranty and labour-free servicing at 2,000 km., 10,000 km. and 20,000 km", dont know whether they apply to the 2013 model, need to confirm.

Yes, if i go for this, then would insist on Extended warranty and change in engine & gearbox oil and brake fluid.

Any comments would be appreciated.

regards
Rajesh
Old 16th December 2014, 06:40   #42
Senior - BHPian

Try pushing for atleast 2.5 lakhs off of the price, make sure insurance and road tax is calculated on the discounted price (I think that's how it is supposed to work), ask for a new battery, change all the fluids and check the tyres, and you ought to be good

PS: the Fluence comes with a 5 year anti rust warranty as far as I am aware of so I don't think you should worry about the humid air
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2014, 08:37   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Try pushing for atleast 2.5 lakhs off of the price, make sure insurance and road tax is calculated on the discounted price (I think that's how it is supposed to work), ask for a new battery, change all the fluids and check the tyres, and you ought to be good

PS: the Fluence comes with a 5 year anti rust warranty as far as I am aware of so I don't think you should worry about the humid air
Again the factory is quite far from the sea, also the storage area for cars is pretty good
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2014, 09:21   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
make sure insurance and road tax is calculated on the discounted price (I think that's how it is supposed to work)
I suppose the Invoice price will remain same and the discount will be only on the On-Road price. Insurance and Road tax will be calculated on the Invoice price only.

PS: Even if the invoice carries discounted price, getting road tax based on that will be beneficial, but regarding Insurance we lose IDV if calculated based on discounted price, though we save something on the premium
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2015, 14:12   #45
BHPian

Looking to get team bhp members advice on the below:

I'm being oferred 2013 Fluence D4 variant at 14.5 Lakhs on road with 4 year warranty. I have actually called them for 2014 vehicle but the sales guys are pushing this offer vehemently. Is it worth considering or a big no no despite the discount. Many thanks.

Another option: Choose between the above or Ford Fiesta Titanium variant at 12.41 lakhs on road in Hyderabad.

Most Viewed