Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2015, 14:21   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2014 Renault Fluence Facelift : Driven

Assuming this is the latest version, it is not a bad deal. It retails for around 21L on road here. For the 2.5 L, you get a bigger car, a decent stereo and the exclusivity factor.

It is quite a good car which should have done better
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2015, 14:27   #47
BHPian

Hi ajmat, thanks for the quick response, however, the offer is on 2013 Fluence. Will this have any impact on your above response?
Old 27th January 2015, 14:30   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolveins View Post
Hi ajmat, thanks for the quick response, however, the offer is on 2013 Fluence. Will this have any impact on your above response?
Does the front end look like the one in this review or the older version? If former - Yes
Old 27th January 2015, 14:45   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolveins View Post
Looking to get team bhp members advice on the below:

I'm being oferred 2013 Fluence D4 variant at 14.5 Lakhs on road with 4 year warranty. I have actually called them for 2014 vehicle but the sales guys are pushing this offer vehemently. Is it worth considering or a big no no despite the discount. Many thanks.

Another option: Choose between the above or Ford Fiesta Titanium variant at 12.41 lakhs on road in Hyderabad.
This is probably the pre-2014-facelift model. BUT nothing much has changed apart from minor styling details since 2012; nothing has been changed in the diesel fluence's mechanicals or features when it comes to the top-end E4 variant.

So just ask for a new battery, change all the fluids, check the tyres and brakes (try braking hard from high speeds on an open stretch to see if there is any judder in the wheel indicating rotor damage, or also judder at the pedals indicating possible issues with the steering rack), get another lakh off the quoted price (it is easily possible) and buy!

Last edited by IshaanIan : 27th January 2015 at 14:46.
Old 24th March 2015, 09:00   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Assuming this is the latest version, it is not a bad deal. It retails for around 21L on road here. For the 2.5 L, you get a bigger car, a decent stereo and the exclusivity factor.

It is quite a good car which should have done better
Ajmat please advise on buying a 2013 Fluence which has been with the dealer since January. To clarify it is new but It is an old stock car which is being offered with freebies like zero depreciation insurance, freebies like gps & reversing camera, Teflon coating, etc. with an OTR price of 14 lacs for the E4 version.

Thanks!
Old 24th March 2015, 13:49   #51
Senior - BHPian

If one is going for a 2 year old Fluence, please check the bushes, brake pads, brake rotors (incase they have warped), have the battery replaced and the entire car checked for intruders like rats. Also, try pushing for an OTR price of 13 lacs

Cheers!
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2015, 15:54   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autonarr View Post
car which is being offered with freebies like zero depreciation insurance, freebies like gps & reversing camera, Teflon coating, etc. with an OTR price of 14 lacs for the E4 version.
Use Team-BHP PDI check list to carefully check the car before you put your hard earned money down.

I would suggest removing
1. GPS: Use GMaps and its does a better job
2. Teflon coating: Its a sham. There is no way you can do teflon on car which is there on your non stick cookware.

Get better discounts instead of the above two things.

PDI Check List
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 11:21   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
If one is going for a 2 year old Fluence, please check the bushes, brake pads, brake rotors (incase they have warped), have the battery replaced and the entire car checked for intruders like rats. Also, try pushing for an OTR price of 13 lacs

Cheers!
Thanks IshaanIan for your input.

I have bought many cars in the past but this will be the first "new" car which was manufactured long ago. I am not that technically knowledgeable regarding checking all those potential mechanical issues. Do you know of any service here in Hyderabad or recommend a way of checking those out?
Old 25th March 2015, 16:56   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autonarr View Post
Thanks IshaanIan for your input.

I have bought many cars in the past but this will be the first "new" car which was manufactured long ago. I am not that technically knowledgeable regarding checking all those potential mechanical issues. Do you know of any service here in Hyderabad or recommend a way of checking those out?
Drive the car over a rough patch of road to see if there are any noises from the engine mount, bushing etc. and brake hard over a smooth stretch of road (keeping in mind the cars coming from behind you) to check if the brake rotors are fine. If they have warped, there will be a lot of vibration felt in the process. Battery must be replaced don't even bother checking how good it is. Also, like someone mentioned earlier, don't go for GPS and teflon coating. Instead bug them for a bigger discount (I have a strong feeling you should be able to get them to come down to a 13lakh otr price) and later go get the car opticoated '

If you still feel a little nervous, take a mechanic along with you to check it out or take the car itself to a garage. I'd recommend New Mars run by Mr. Prabhu and if that is too far away for you, go to chequered flag in Madhapur

Last edited by IshaanIan : 25th March 2015 at 16:59.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 21:10   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
should be able to get them to come down to a 13lakh otr price) and later go get the car opticoated '

I'd recommend New Mars run by Mr. Prabhu and if that is too far away for you, go to chequered flag in Madhapur
Thanks for the pointers.

I will ask for a test drive to check the braking as advised and haggle for a bigger discount. I live near Hitec City so either garage is no problem, I'll check them out.

I vaguely remember reading about opticoat, any recommendations on where to get it done if the deal goes through?

Thanks again.
Old 8th October 2015, 14:43   #56
Senior - BHPian

Got an prmotional email from Renault offering the Fluence at 1372923/-

Does it make more sense than the City and Ciaz diesel at this price with all the extra features and space?
Old 8th October 2015, 15:58   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post

Does it make more sense than the City and Ciaz diesel at this price with all the extra features and space?
Absolutely, its bigger in every sense - space, safety, look, uniqueness, etc.,
Old 8th October 2015, 17:15   #58
Senior - BHPian

But will the INdian Population take to this car?
Old 8th October 2015, 22:36   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have driven one and I would not touch this thing at all. Have you tried driving this in heavy traffic ? There shall be no resemblance of a left leg with the heavy clutch that it has. At the start it would seem like something you could manage but overtime, you will get irritated to the core because of this.

With a 13-14 lakh budget, there are other things to buy, the money that you are saving on getting a fluence at a discounted price will be made good by the pathetic resale value you will get of the car.
humyum is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 20:56   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Go for it City/Ciaz are leagues behind in terms of quality, comfort and build. Forget features; a D-segment sedan like the Fluence is simply a more complete car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
I have driven one and I would not touch this thing at all. Have you tried driving this in heavy traffic ? There shall be no resemblance of a left leg with the heavy clutch that it has. At the start it would seem like something you could manage but overtime, you will get irritated to the core because of this.

With a 13-14 lakh budget, there are other things to buy, the money that you are saving on getting a fluence at a discounted price will be made good by the pathetic resale value you will get of the car.
Clutch is hard but painfully so, only on the first iteration of the car. The clutch is much improved in the newer versions. While still a heavy clutch, I think it is perfectly manageable. Coupled with the amazing tractability of the motor, one need not really worry.

The car makes for immense value for money at that price point. There are a lot of other things to buy you say? Name just one in that budget that offers the same space, ride quality, safety kit and build quality. That's where all the money is going mate While other cars at the price point will be able to mimic a few of the attractions offered by the Fluence, a D segment sedan is a D segment sedan, period. In comparison everything else seems like a huge compromise.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 9th October 2015 at 20:59.
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks