Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2015, 20:53   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Celerio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
A few questions:

1) Handbrake method was used to prevent the car from rolling backwards?

2) How much time does the engine take to respond if the accelerator is stomped during the launch?
We used the handbrake method the first time.

In the second try we just quickly moved the foot from brake to the accelerator and it moved in like a second.
Old 6th March 2015, 21:23   #182

Maruti Celerio

Hi All,

I am looking to buy the Celerio Vxi AMT and have been making enquiries and have a few questions:

1. Dealer is stating Handling charges of Rs. 6742. Is this reasonable?
2. Insurance - Bumper to Bumper is Rs. 16177, otherwise not including plastics, bumper etc is Rs. 12606 - Which one is better? Would getting insurance outside be cheaper?
3. Does it make sense to go for a tyre upgrade for highway use? Vxi AMT comes with165, 70R14. What should this be upgraded to? (I am a noob on this)
4. Can I go for accessories (fog lamps, music system, reverse camera/sensor, powerful headlight and horns, etc) outside of the dealership? Will it create warranty issues?

Please advise if you have an idea. Thanks,

Old 12th March 2015, 15:46   #183
BANNED

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by Eddy : 12th March 2015 at 15:49. Reason: Note inline
TheDevil is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th March 2015, 18:16   #184
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Celerio

There was a dispute about this sometime ago and the court said that we don't need to pay this amount, but sadly it has not been implemented.

2. Insurance - Bumper to Bumper is Rs. 16177, otherwise not including plastics, bumper etc is Rs. 12606 - Which one is better? Would getting insurance outside be cheaper?

Get a Zero Depreciation Insurance (Bumper to Bumper) 4000 approx yearly difference would not make a big difference. Yes you can go for insurance from outside but it would not be a big difference ,but yes you should try if you want to.

3. Does it make sense to go for a tyre upgrade for highway use? Vxi AMT comes with165, 70R14. What should this be upgraded to? (I am a noob on this)

I have upgraded to 185/65. Please see your options, asper me it is worth it.

4. Can I go for accessories (fog lamps, music system, reverse camera/sensor, powerful headlight and horns, etc) outside of the dealership? Will it create warranty issues?

No it should not create any problems with warranty if you make sure that you don't cut any wiring. Use coupler to coupler fitments.
desideep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 19:36   #185
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearmaddy View Post
AFAIK, as seen from customers end, we don't have much choice rather than paying the handling charges.

Least you can do is, enquire with another dealer or pressurise the sales guy to waive it off.

Quote:
Check the websites of each bank or do a comparison of Policy quotes and then compare with what Maruti Suzuki is giving you.

Quote:
Go ahead with 185/65 R14. IIRC, similar ones seen on the Ritz Z variant.

Quote:
Fog lamps, music system (JBL), reverse sensors cam be purchased from Maruti a it el be fit by them.

For headlights and horns do visit a accessories so who does know the work and doesn't fiddle with OEM wiring. As suggested by 'Desideep' use couplers where needed.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2015, 14:49   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki to launch Celerio ZXi AMT soon.

Quote:
The launch of the Celerio ZXi is scheduled for 20th April. The Celerio AMT was only available in VXi and petrol variants. Now, it will be made available in the top-of-the-line ZXi trim too. The Celerio ZXi gets all the goodies available in a Celerio like in-dash music system with Bluetooth connectivity, USB and aux connection too. There is ABS and single-driver airbag too.
http://motoroctane.com/news/10670-ma...elerio-zxi-amt
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th March 2015, 21:57   #187
Senior - BHPian

So I have an update regarding the car and the service.

The first service was done. I was charged ₹ 395.

The charges were for the AC filter and 3 pouches of windscreen cleaner.

The best part was it was a very good experience, nothing like the buying experience I had in Bathinda.

I called up Competent motors, Mayapuri New Delhi. They arranged for a Pickup for the next day. They were very specific that the driver will call around 6 PM before the pickup day to confirm address and to understand the location. The driver did call at 6:10 PM, I was surprised. He promised to pick the car max by 9:10 Am the next day. He picked the car at 9 Am. After the car was at the service centre I was called up by the service advisor. I told him one of the issues that I felt with the car, he also explained what all was going to be done to the car.

He called back at 11 AM, told me what all work was done and then mentioned that I will receive the car by 1 PM. The driver called to confirm my availability at around 12:15 Pm and delivered the car at 1PM sharp.

I was happy with the overall cleanliness of the car and everything else. It was just too much of that silicon based polish on the dashboard.

Anyways in my earlier post, I did mention that I did not have a good buying experience, for that I had written an email to Suzuki. Please don't mind I forgot to proof read it. Snapshot attached

Suzuki called me after 2 days and they tried to understand the issue. Now, after that in 2 hours, I get a call from the Dealership Sales GM. I am sorry to say they did not try to focus on the fact that the damage is done and it should not happen again. But all that he did was, he wants me to sign a satisfaction note. They went to a stage that the Sales rep who dealt with me had called up and said that he will be sacked from the job if I don't write the satisfaction note. In a way they are trying to hassle me.

I also received an email from the GM later on. Snapshot attached.

I had told him in our telephonic conversation that I was in Delhi and will be in Bathinda at end of the month. He was so eager that it should all be done this month and closed.

Please suggest what to do.

Maruti Celerio : Official Review-email-sent-suzuki..jpg

Maruti Celerio : Official Review-1st-email-gm-sales-dealership.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 1st April 2015 at 12:43. Reason: Typos
Old 26th March 2015, 22:31   #188
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the club, this just happens to be one of the USPs of our nation's best selling brand. Their corporate relations is a joke and the staff at dealerships is no better than 10 year olds boasting about their hotwheels models being the best.

The fact is, you have bought into a brand that is more Indian in ways than you or I would imagine and like. So, just thank your stars that this ain't a big issue & move on.

Keep the thread updated with your rigours of owning a Maruti in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
A few years ago when we bought our Ritz, we faced a similar experience that time too. Even then I tired to contact Suzuki, but there was no response and I could not be bothered.

This time in Celerio's case my initial attempt to compose an email was very sarcastic. I refrained my self from sending it.
I am attaching that email here, sorry again for my bad english and ill proof reading skills.
Old 27th March 2015, 00:37   #189
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki to launch Celerio ZXi AMT soon.
This is good news. Maruti is taking a step in right direction by offering AMT in top variant. VXi has no safety features (heck not even a radio!) and this was the single reason why we did not go for Celerio. Had ZXi AMT being available in December, we would not have gone for Xcent!
Old 31st March 2015, 14:36   #190
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Celerio: Diesel, ZXi AMT & Taxi variants coming up

And yes, indeed, Maruti is readying a ZXi AMT variant which will be launched soon. The additional features available in the ZXi AMT variant over the VXi AMT are body coloured door handles and mirrors, fog lamps, electrically adjustable ORVMs, tilt steering, integrated music system with CD, USB, AUX-in and Bluetooth with 4 speakers, remote locking and steering mounted controls.

Link to news article
Old 31st March 2015, 19:34   #191
BANNED

Re: Maruti Celerio: Diesel, ZXi AMT & Taxi variants coming up

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
And yes, indeed, Maruti is readying a ZXi AMT variant which will be launched soon.
The news is correct and that is why we just cancelled our booking for Celerio VXi AMT (Red Colour).

The SA at Hyderabad didn't say the dates of the launch but isn't far as they will be receiving stocks for ZXi AMT version.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 21:15   #192
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
The additional features available in the ZXi AMT variant over the VXi AMT are body coloured door handles and mirrors, fog lamps, electrically adjustable ORVMs, tilt steering, integrated music system with CD, USB, AUX-in and Bluetooth with 4 speakers, remote locking and steering mounted controls.

Sorry, but your choice of words in the news article confuse me a bit. ABS and dual airbags will be available on the ZXi AMT or not?
Old 31st March 2015, 21:41   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Sorry, but your choice of words in the news article confuse me a bit. ABS and dual airbags will be available on the ZXi AMT or not?
Yes, they sure will be available. The ZXi AMT will replicate all the features of the manual Celerio ZXi.
Old 5th April 2015, 10:53   #194
Distinguished - BHPian

Celerio ZXI - ASG now spied as launch nears.

Maruti Celerio : Official Review-celeriozxiamt1400x300.jpg
Maruti Celerio : Official Review-celeriozxioamt.jpg

Quote:
The Celerio Zxi AMT is likely to be priced about 40K higher than the manual variant and will priced around 4.95 Lakh Ex-Show New Delhi
http://gaadiwaadi.com/maruti-celerio-zxi-amt-spied/
Old 8th April 2015, 11:15   #195

Hello guys,

I am facing a issue with my AMT which I feel is little serious! Need your advice on the same.

I had purchased a Maruti Celerio AMT VXI version on Jan second week from Mandovi Motors, Bangalore. Driven in a mix of heavy traffic and relatively free roads.

Had the first service done on Feb second week. On the very next day I had shuddering issues(Thrice) while driving the car in slow speed - In 1st gear and reverse gear.
I gave the service center this feedback immediately. Since the issue didnt repeat again after that I didn't follow it up with them.

But for the last two days the issue has resurfaced and currently it is recurring very frequently:
1. Shuddering at slow speed - As if the vehicle will switch off any moment - Basically auto clutch not engaging properly is what I understand.
2. Sudden surge in power in 1st and 2nd gears especially after down shifting from 4/5th gears.
3. A jump/jerk noticed sometimes after shifting from 1st to 2nd gear.

My concern is
(1) I believe there is some serious issue with the clutch - I haven't driven the vehicle for much since the issue started appearing frequently couple of days back - Hopefully shouldn't have damaged the clutch.
(2) Is anyone else facing such any such similar issues with their AMT?
(3) Has anyone faced any issues pertaining to auto clutch and what was the solution taken- Not necessarily AMT but other autos - Your inputs will be valuable.

Mandovi motors is arranging for the Maruti Engineer to take a look at the vehicle tomorrow. Hoping for a resolution soon!

Most Viewed