Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2015, 15:12   #226
BANNED

Re: Maruti Celerio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvssudheer View Post
You mean it could be engine noise due to the AC? Is that normal?
AC compressor work like this to maximize the efficiency, if my understanding is correct. I have experienced this in Swift from inside, and in many other cars from outside when they are "on" but stationary.
Old 4th October 2015, 15:48   #227
BANNED

Quote:
Hi. I have taken delivery of Vxi AMT 1.5 months ago. When the car is idle there is considerable engine noise in regular intervals which calms down and again starts. I always thought petrol engines are silent when the car is idle. Is this normal? Should I get it checked?
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
That could be from the AC.
Yes that is the A/C compressor that kicks in when the temperature goes below a certain set point hence causing the A/C to switch ON and OFF at regular intervals.

You'll see the RPM rise to 1000 when the A/C kicks-in else it idles somewhere near 800.

Nothing to worry and it is pretty normal. This is programmed to keep the FE higher.
Old 4th October 2015, 16:45   #228
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You mean it could be engine noise due to the AC? Is that normal?
AC and the cooling fan. Even without AC if you are in start stop traffic, the fan will kick in for better cooling. The fan is usually quite loud.

The AC will cause the compressor to kick in as well as fan which also increases the noise.
Old 16th November 2015, 09:39   #229
BHPian

Rat entered into Celerio's cabin

Folks,

One fine day evening my wife was driving back to home from office, to her shock there was a rat in the cabin (just below the audio head unit). Car is a daily commuter, mean not parked/idle for long. Unfortunately at that time she was in peak Bangalore traffic and can't stop. After reaching home we searched and fail to find rat or even traces.

Fortunately there was no damages either in cabin or engine bay. We have put dhoop (also called sambrani), hoping huge smoke will force the rat to come out of car. I have put camphor and naphthalene balls in the engine compartment. By the way our home parking is pest controlled and there is a permanent rat trap with 2 meters from car.

Any fellow Celerio owners faced this? or any suggestions to avoid any future damage?
Old 18th November 2015, 08:33   #230
BHPian

Update:
Next day cabin is filled with dead rat smell (this should be due to smoking the car with dhoop/Sambrani). We have given the car to Bimal Mahadevapura, Bangalore to find the dead rat. Those smart guys just cleaned the a/c ducts and said no rat found (of course they billed ~1K for same). They are least bothered to check the remaining parts of car for dead rat. Horrible smell is still there inside the cabin .

Today morning I spent some 30 minutes and searched everywhere in the engine bay, cabin and boot without any success. Today I am going to escalate my case with Bimal guys for washing their hands (handing over the vehicle) without resolving the complaint.

Any suggestions like where should I focus my search etc.

Last edited by hillsnrains : 18th November 2015 at 08:41. Reason: For better readability
Old 18th November 2015, 22:00   #231
BHPian

This may sound silly, but maybe a canine friend can pin point the location of the dead rat!?

Just a random thought - can't imagine how to practically get that done though!!
Old 23rd November 2015, 08:05   #232
BHPian

Update on locating dead rat:

After escalating the issue, customer care team arranged a call with service engineer. I gave him peace of mind then he agreed to fix the problem (finding dead rat) next day.
They arranged for vehicle pick up from my residence. With in two hours they found the dead rat inside the gear leaver area enclosure (area between front seats and dash board).

In the evening I have picked the vehicle. They did not charge anything for second visit. Finally happy ending at Bimal, Mahadevapura
Old 23rd November 2015, 08:34   #233
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
They arranged for vehicle pick up from my residence. With in two hours they found the dead rat inside the gear leaver area enclosure (area between front seats and dash board).
Will urge you to get the car cleaned at 3M or any such car care centre and then use some kind of pest repellant like tobacco leaves, in the engine bay and inside the cabin.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 07:39   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Will urge you to get the car cleaned at 3M or any such car care centre and then use some kind of pest repellant like tobacco leaves, in the engine bay and inside the cabin.
Thanks Anurag for suggestion.

I have already put the pest repellent in engine bay (at multiple locations). But putting tobacco leaves inside cabin may be little difficult because of its smell. Instead of this i am planning to place rat kill (Hit/Mortein) inside the cabin (underneath dash board) using tiny jute bags. I think rat kill does not smell as bad as tobacco. Hope these will prevent rats entering into engine bay and cabin.
Old 17th December 2015, 18:36   #235
BHPian

I am planning to buy Celerio automatic for my wife. But I am confused now whether to go for AGS or AMT.

The needs are as follows.
1. She drives from home to office and return for 8 kms one way.
2. Occasionally she drives to city (for about 20kms max one way).
3. She wants to have steering mounted controls.
4. Since she travels short distance, mileage is low concern.
5. Good music system for her listen to FM.
6. Budget is around 4.5 Lakhs and can extend a bit if required.

At the same time would like to get a suggestion if any other automatic can be considered at the almost same price. Kindly help.
Old 17th December 2015, 20:17   #236
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepnair View Post
I am planning to buy Celerio automatic for my wife. But I am confused now whether to go for AGS or AMT.
AGS = Auto Gear Shift is Maruti's way of calling the AMT = Automated Manual Transmission.

For that budget of 4.5L you can get Alto K10 VXI AMT (a.k.a AGS). Celerio VXi or ZXi with AGS will cross 6L. It doesn't get stereo for that matter in the VXi. ZXi gets it but it would be 7L IMO.

Alto K10 VXI AMT gets HU + front speakers though but no Steering mounted controls.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 10:37   #237
Senior - BHPian

A worthy option you can try is the Celerio LXi AMT(O) which is the base variant with safety pack (ABS & Airbags). You can add a stereo later as per your requirements. It will slightly exceed your budget but the safety features are well worth the price IMHO Getting a car with steering mounted controls at this budget will be difficult.
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 16:03   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
AGS = Auto Gear Shift is Maruti's way of calling the AMT = Automated Manual Transmission.

For that budget of 4.5L you can get Alto K10 VXI AMT (a.k.a AGS). Celerio VXi or ZXi with AGS will cross 6L. It doesn't get stereo for that matter in the VXi. ZXi gets it but it would be 7L IMO.

Alto K10 VXI AMT gets HU + front speakers though but no Steering mounted controls.
Thanks Anurag. not to check on the pricing. Maruti's website lists AGS and AMT versions of Celerio. To my understanding AMT is manual gear shifting without a manual clutch and AGS is completely Automatic gear shifting. Please correct me if my understanding is not correct. I am attaching the version list from maruti for celerio.

We did a test drive of Alto K10 but wife was not satisfied. Now we plan to increase our budget to around 7L (huge increase from our earlier budget) for an Automatic. I checked i10 grand but it is only 4 speed AT. Any other suggestions
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Maruti Suzuki Celerio.pdf (86.4 KB, 1272 views)
Old 18th December 2015, 16:10   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
A worthy option you can try is the Celerio LXi AMT(O) which is the base variant with safety pack (ABS & Airbags). You can add a stereo later as per your requirements. It will slightly exceed your budget but the safety features are well worth the price IMHO Getting a car with steering mounted controls at this budget will be difficult.
Thanks AkMar. I could not find ABS and Airbags feature in Maruti's website. I will check with the showroom shortly. Now that me and wife decided to increase the budget to 7L, any other suggestions for an Automatic. One feature here of there can be compromised, but I feel security is more important.
Old 18th December 2015, 17:25   #240
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepnair View Post
To my understanding AMT is manual gear shifting without a manual clutch and AGS is completely Automatic gear shifting. Please correct me if my understanding is not correct. I am attaching the version list from maruti for celerio.
Both are the same buddy. Not sure why they have listed it that way but both are the same.

If you have increased the budget then how does the Celerio ZXi AMT fare?

PS: I haven't checked the features list of the ZXi AMT variant of the Celerio. Hope you have!
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks