Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2016, 22:34   #271
BHPian

Re: Maruti Celerio : Official Review

Hope to lay my hands on my Celerio AMT ZXI option variant before this month end.
Choose this because, it was the only one obtainable with twin airbags & abs as of now.
Hoping for better mileage than my 2009 wagon r.
Saw that it obtained 3 star NCAP rating, with same kerb weigh t of 830 kg.
However that is a Thailand built unit, hope it is safe enough for usage within city limits at least.
Old 20th March 2016, 08:23   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvprasad View Post
Hope to lay my hands on my Celerio AMT ZXI option variant before this month end....
Celerio ZXI AMT (O) doesn't come with fog lamps. We bought one last month and thought of getting fog lamps installed during delivery. The dealer didn't have them at that time. It took him 3weeks to get the lamps. We finished registration by then and High Security Number Plate was riveted to the car. And when we went for fog lamps installation(coincided with first service as well), the dealer told us that the number plate has to be removed for the lamps to be installed and the rivets on the plate have to be cut for that. It was a pain in the neck and we had to postpone the whole thing. Do consider this situation if you are planning to get fog lamps on your Celerio!!
Old 20th March 2016, 09:03   #273
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
Celerio ZXI AMT (O) doesn't come with fog lamps.
That's quite strange! Isn't the ZXi(O) the top most variant in the range?
Old 20th March 2016, 09:28   #274
BHPian

Yes it's the top variant. But I guess Maruti wanted to reduce the price-difference between ZXI AMT(O) and ZXI MT!! Hence, fog lamps & alloy wheels aren't there on the ZXI AMT(O). We found it odd as well
espraveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 16:39   #275
BHPian

Thanks for the heads up Praveen, dealer had offered free underbody coating worth approx 3k, planning to ask him to fit fog lamps & Philips/osram night breaker in lieu
Old 25th March 2016, 07:40   #276
BHPian

Confused - Ride for my wife
Celerio ZXI (o) AMT vs Wagon R VXI (o) AMT

Wagon R advantages
Higher driving position
More space and practicality
? Better build

Disadvantages of the Wagon R
More bumpy ride
No steering controls
Lesser FE
Boxy

Celerio ZXi (o) AMT advantages
Seemed more zippy
Better ride and handling, less bumpy
Newer design (Both are basically yuck, celerio less yuck-ier)
More FE claimed

Disadvantages
Loses Alloys, Fogs compared to ZXI(o) MT
Head rest non adjustable
Footwell is more cramped
Flimsier build (both are flimsy, Celerio seems more flimsier)

Confused
Both have waiting periods for upto 4 weeks.
No much price difference
Please give your inputs. More inputs required for a decision

TDed both cars, wifey felt both of them to be comfortable. Celerio wins hands down in the MT version, as Wagon R has a bushy gearshift.
Old 25th March 2016, 08:53   #277
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
TDed both cars, wifey felt both of them to be comfortable. Celerio wins hands down in the MT version, as Wagon R has a bushy gearshift.
I'll go ahead with the WagonR here. Proven seller with higher seating and better view.

Had WagonR AMT be released when I was buying the AMT for my wife, I would have chosen the WagonR over the Alto K10.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2016, 12:49   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Celerio ZXI (o) AMT vs Wagon R VXI (o) AMT[/b]
Celerio's footwell doesn't seem to be uncomfortably cramped (I am 5 '11'' and have driven it with my running shoes on).
It is a bit difficult to pick one between Celerio AMT and Wagon R AMT(Wagon R is taller, has been a successful car for Maruti for quite some time now whereas Celerio brings a bit of novelty to the table). Wagon R may have a little more resale value though.
I think the decision between the two has to be subjective like in the case of my family. My mother didn't like the 'oddly taller' Wagon R at all and that made Celerio's case more appealing
Old 27th March 2016, 17:39   #279
BHPian

Zeroed in on the Celerio AMT VXi (Options) - With ABS and Airbags
With Vxi (o) we will be missing the audio player, rear wash/wipe, steering mounted controls, remote central locking, body coloured handles, electronic OVRM and turn indicators on mirror. (Difference of 40k). ZXi (o) has a waiting period of 2+ months. Vxi (o) is available off the shelf.

Dealer has agreed for a 20k discount on a 2015 car (December as per the SA) which they have in stock. (Can I squeeze a better deal?).

What accesories are must for a Celerio Vxi to be road worthy?

The SA seemed to be anticipating a heavy accessory list.
I am planning to ask them to do remote locking (central locking already there) and reverse cam (MGA). Planning to do ICE and horn upgrade from else where. Have to check the price of the alloys as well.

The car will be used in city limits and not for highway runs. What would be the ideal tyre upgrade for the car.?

Anyone upgraded to 185/65/14 ? What is the change in ride, handling and FE (AGS/AMT)?
sandygordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2016, 17:58   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats

Quote:
the audio player,
You can put the one from the ZXi or go for aftermarket stuff.

Quote:
rear wash/wipe,
Again can be done with parts from the ZXi. I ask the dealer but they were reluctant. I will be doing it the DIY route

Quote:
steering mounted controls,
Again ZXi but I have a better plan. I am searching for a Suzuki or compatible steering with controls as well as paddle shifters.

Quote:
remote central locking,
There is one problem here. The OEM central locking has a unique feature. When you turn the key anticlockwise once only the driver door unlocks. Turn it twice and and all doors unlock. If you install the Maruti remote locking (Nippon) you will loose this feature. If you are ready to give it up you can use an aftermarket unit and also get a Flippy Key.

Quote:
body coloured handles,
Simple. Check the photos of my car on page 1 of this thread.

Quote:
electronic OVRM and turn indicators on mirror.
Should be an easy retrofit.
pedrolourenco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 00:40   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone upgraded to 185/65/14 ? What is the change in ride, handling and FE (AGS/AMT)?
We've upgraded to 185/65 /R14 Michelin XM2 tyres on my Dad's Celerio ZXI AMT(O)(done right after delivery, drove the car for about 10km before the tyre change). Majority of my Dad's drives would be inter-town/city on 2-lane roads. Hence, we wanted tyres that score good on ride comfort, grip, noise levels etc. This lead to the above-mentioned upgrade to Michelins.
The increase in the width by 2cm may lead to slight reduction in FE (can't give any supporting figures vis-a-vis our car as it has covered only 1300km so far & is still in the run-in phase!). Steering felt a little heavy to me initially (it felt heavy with the stocks as well prior to the upgrade!!). The M.A.S.S. guy who accompanied us for a test drive during first service didn't feel the steering to be heavy & said the upgrade hasn't affected it negatively. And it is improving with time & distance covered anyway!
And the tangible benefits observed due to the upgrade are: the car feels planted, can hit corners with a feeling of assurance and the overall ride comfort is certainly better.
One can also go for 175/65/R14 or 175/70/R14 tyres(if available) for Celerio VXI/ZXI!!
Old 28th March 2016, 09:37   #282
BHPian

Quote:
With Vxi (o) we will be missing the audio player, rear wash/wipe, steering mounted controls, remote central locking, body coloured handles, electronic OVRM and turn indicators on mirror. (Difference of 40k). ZXi (o) has a waiting period of 2+ months. Vxi (o) is available off the shelf.

Dealer has agreed for a 20k discount on a 2015 car (December as per the SA) which they have in stock. (Can I squeeze a better deal?).

What accesories are must for a Celerio Vxi to be road worthy?

The SA seemed to be anticipating a heavy accessory list.
I am planning to ask them to do remote locking (central locking already there) and reverse cam (MGA). Planning to do ICE and horn upgrade from else where. Have to check the price of the alloys as well.

The car will be used in city limits and not for highway runs. What would be the ideal tyre upgrade for the car.?

Congratulations on zeroing in on the celerio. We were also in a similar dilema, but we went the other way round and zeroed in on the Wagon R. One thing that I love about the WR is that it oozes practicality, and at the price of the VXI you get all the features of the Celerio ZXI. The factors that mattered to me was the ease of ingress and egress, every time I got in the celerio, I had to bend down, and my knees used to hurt, where as there was no such problem in the wagon R, and ofcourse the part of more features at the same price.

That said, I think that the celerio definitely has a better build quality. Enjoy your ride and all the best.
Old 29th March 2016, 20:57   #283
BHPian

@sandygordon,

I booked a Celerio Vxi AMT (O) 10 days back and taking delivery tomorrow. I am getting a March'16 manufactured car. I was flexible with the colour and got a silver coloured one. I am also getting this car primarily for my wife.

The point I want to make is that Maruti is offering a 25k flat discount on Celerio for the month of March. Are you getting that also in addition to the 20k you have mentioned? Please check with your dealer. If not, you must ask for that.

I am getting following electrical accessories from the dealership and those are genuine MGA ones. I don't want to risk anything on the electrical aspects:

a. Pioneer touch screen AV system with DVD palyer, bluetooth, USB etc and integrated reverse HD camera, with four pioneer speakers. Total damage is 24 k. I got a quote 25k from car accessories shop for a similar setup that's quite well known for the work. Main reason to go with MS dealership is that, they will do a plug-n-play installation for the audio. No cutting or stripping of the wires, being MGA.
b. Reverse parking sensor,
c. MGA security system with remote
d. fog lamps

You may want to skip the parking sensor if your wife is comfortable with reverse camera alone. I chose this, since my wife is a new driver.
Fog lamps offer better visibility in poor driving conditions at night, so. You may want to skip this also.

I am getting following for free after a hard bargain:
a. black door beedings
b. Coloured door handles and mirrors
c. under body anti-rust coating

Hope this helps.

-Pratim

Last edited by pratim : 29th March 2016 at 21:03. Reason: more info added
pratim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 05:27   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratim View Post
@sandygordon,
-Pratim
Thanks for the inputs
Decided against the 2015 car (November make) after PDI. Decided to go ahead with 2016 March white car. There is a 25k discount from Maruti. Tried for a dealer discount, but he has agreed to give Rs 5k worth accessories for free.

On road price in Cochin will come to 5.58L (5.87 before 25k discount)

About the accessories, dealer is ready for a package which includes (Pushing too much)
1. Sony BT double din headset with CD player - GT99BT with 4 speakers (did not tell the make of speakers)
2. Chrome on handles and some highlights on lights
3. Mirror indicators
4. Remote security system

The price quoted was around 19k for the above
If bought separately it would come to around 24k (as per the dealer)
My wife is not an audiophile and she hears only FM radio / occasional mp3. BT will help for calls.

Other accessories with MGA
Reverse park assist - 4.5k for four black ones - no white ones
Art leather seat covers - 5.9k
Alloys 21k for a set
Fog lamps - 3k for a set

Are these prices right ? The SA and the accessories person were pushing too much for the kit.

Are anyone using sony HUs these days .
What about quality of MP3 files played on a Sony. TBHp forums have not been very Sony supportive. I feel I should go for a pioneer HU with BT.
Old 30th March 2016, 21:07   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Are anyone using sony HUs these days .
What about quality of MP3 files played on a Sony. TBHp forums have not been very Sony supportive. I feel I should go for a pioneer HU with BT.
Congrats on the new car.

I have a Sony HU in my car (non BT DSX-A35U) comparing with my nearly 10 year old Pioneer, the Audio quality is no match for the superb output of the Pioneer.

A couple of accessory shops also alluded to the same when I enquired about the Sony HU (only reason I went for it was the low price compared to an equivalent Pioneer).

So do scout around for a Pioneer HU but it may be a bit more costly.

Slightly OT : Seems Maruti dealers are all trying to push Sony HUs. Still remember they used to give excellent Kenwood HUs earlier.
nmenon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks