Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2016, 11:53   #331
BHPian

Re: Maruti Celerio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Does the ZxI (O) have two airbags or only the driver side airbag ?
Hi Eddy,

2 -Driver and Passenger
Rajesh Rawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2016, 12:43   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
The zxi (o) amt has the seat height adjuster, front passenger airbag and most importantly the abs in comparison to the zxi amt

The waiting period is usually upwards of 2 months for the 'o' version

Surprisingly the amt versions (zxi) do not have stock alloys or fog lamps (considering its the top end model)

Current version of ZXI (O) AMT, does not have seat height adjuster. No fog lamps or alloys either, presumably to keep the cost of the AMT down...
(O) simply adds 2 Airbags and ABS, which are certainly worth going for IMHO.

Last edited by Fusion2006 : 21st July 2016 at 12:46.
Fusion2006 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2016, 22:29   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion2006 View Post
Current version of ZXI (O) AMT, does not have seat height adjuster. No fog lamps or alloys either, presumably to keep the cost of the AMT down...
(O) simply adds 2 Airbags and ABS, which are certainly worth going for IMHO.
Yes! the additions of (O) are certainly worth going for.The missing features (fog lamps, alloys) can always be added later(One can get alloys better looking than the stock ones which is sort of a blessing in disguise ). Seat height adjuster wouldn't be terribly missed in the Celerio as the seat is quite comfortably positioned IMO.
Old 22nd July 2016, 18:46   #334
BHPian

Here's how it looks post changing to alloys
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Celerio : Official Review-image.jpeg  

Rajesh Rawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2016, 19:45   #335
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Here's how it looks post changing to alloys
Congrats RR.

Nice color and good you went with ZXi variant. Wish there was one when we got the K10 AMT.

Have you noticed any vibrations at crawl speed?
Old 23rd July 2016, 02:03   #336
Distinguished - BHPian

Has any one tried retrofitting a CNG on a Celerio AMT? Please post the details if so. Would like to know the details

1. Where was it done & What kit was used?
2. Performance after installation
3. Tank / Drive range
4. Cost
5. Warranty clauses
Old 24th July 2016, 13:31   #337
Distinguished - BHPian

The Celerio website lists only the (O) models under features / specifications (see below screenshot). Does it mean that the safety features are now standard? Sorry if this is already discussed, I may have missed it.

Maruti Celerio : Official Review-celerio.jpg
Old 24th July 2016, 14:01   #338
Distinguished - BHPian

What is the logic in not providing fog lamps even in the zxi(o) version of the AT? MT gets it. I understand it to be a cost cutting measure. But how much would an essential feature like the fog lamp cost ? 5k?

Won't the AT buyer spend 5k more rather than having a thought that he isn't given what the MT buyer is given, even at the top most variant?
Old 24th July 2016, 14:01   #339
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The Celerio website lists only the (O) models under features / specifications (see below screenshot). Does it mean that the safety features are now standard? Sorry if this is already discussed, I may have missed it.

Attachment 1532667
Normally you will see an O alphabet next to ABS and passenger airbag. That's the whole thing with Optional variants in AMT. The optional variant on the ZXi manual gets some more features though, like alloy wheels, driver seat height adjust and so.

In other news, the SA informed me that my car is being dispatched shortly and will arrive mid August. Hoping to be back in India by then to take delivery. Finally some news.
Old 24th July 2016, 14:47   #340
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
What is the logic in not providing fog lamps even in the zxi(o) version of the AT? MT gets it. I understand it to be a cost cutting measure. But how much would an essential feature like the fog lamp cost ? 5k?

Won't the AT buyer spend 5k more rather than having a thought that he isn't given what the MT buyer is given, even at the top most variant?
They want to keep the sticker price less in order to not invade into other price bands which will give second thoughts to non specific buyers. Specific buyers are like me who wouldn't compare the price I am paying with another model, say a swift or so. Hence they have omitted many features to keep price down.

The fog lamps cost a meagre 3k a set while the dealer quoted a higher sum. Same for alloys. Initially I got a quite of 28k for a set of five alloys while the MGA MRP was somewhere like 4.5k per piece. The guy there mentioned some crap about fitting and so. Hence I told him to give the wheels to me and I will take care of the rest. Then the price came down to 18k for a set of four. So much of greed in accessories itself shows why Vxi variants are pushed down customers' throat.

That said, I am planning to buy all the accessories from a MGP outlet near my house and get it done at a friends dads garage under my supervision. To hell with these dealers.
Old 25th July 2016, 10:00   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Congrats RR.

Nice color and good you went with ZXi variant. Wish there was one when we got the K10 AMT.

Have you noticed any vibrations at crawl speed?
Hi Anurag,

No noticeable or irritant vibrations at crawl.Infact pretty smooth.The amt has a mind of its own and there is certainly a one sec lag to upshift in the d mode (specially 1-2) I personally prefer driving in m

My first and only preference was to get the zxi (o) namely for the abs and the additional airbag

All dealers stated 3 months of waiting time line.Had to compromise for the next best (zxi)

On a side note the moment I step into the gt tsi post driving the celerio i so fall in love with the dsg all over again
Old 25th July 2016, 14:50   #342
Distinguished - BHPian

My Celerio ZXI(O) MT glistening grey has reached the dealership. PDI done!! Delivery is scheduled tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Celerio : Official Review-wp_20160725_14_01_27_pro.jpg  

Maruti Celerio : Official Review-wp_20160725_13_51_23_pro.jpg  

Maruti Celerio : Official Review-wp_20160725_14_00_59_pro.jpg  

PrasannaDhana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 09:50   #343
Distinguished - BHPian

My hard to get ZXi(O) AMT finally arrived this weekend to Bangalore and me too landed same time. Went directly from airport to dealership and checked it out in person before sending it to safe custody. Will be taking delivery this friday. Opted for the following accessories:
1. Scuff plates/Sill guard
2. Side beading
3. MGA Alloys

Got underbody coating complimentary and a few other knick knacks. Opted out of Maruti Insurance and transferred NCB from WagonR to this one. Insurance cost came down from 17k to 8k.

Lot of upgrades and other stuff planned. Since there is a long weekend ahead, that will be an interesting one and some holes in the pocket will be seen
Old 9th August 2016, 15:44   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
3. MGA Alloys
Which alloys are these? The regular ones or different because I read that there are different alloys available?

What tyre size does the ZXi come with? 165s or 185s?

I'm planning to get ZXi (O) AMT variant for my wife soon.
Old 9th August 2016, 22:03   #345
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Which alloys are these? The regular ones or different because I read that there are different alloys available?

What tyre size does the ZXi come with? 165s or 185s?

I'm planning to get ZXi (O) AMT variant for my wife soon.
These are the two options that are readily available now:

Maruti Celerio : Official Review-wp_20160808_16_10_42_pro.jpg

Maruti Celerio : Official Review-wp_20160808_16_10_52_pro.jpg

Apart from this, there is the OE for Celerio. We didnt opt for that since it was too common. I chose the first one. The second one is also quite common with Swifts. The Zxi comes with 165 section Vectras. However, my car has MRF ZVTV. Initially I had planned to ditch the vectras on the day of buying itself but now that I have got MRF rubber, I will give it a try and later decide. Moreover, I was not keen on an upgrade since there are not many options in 175 and 185 will be too big for the engine to handle. I found the grip to be decent when I had taken a Vxi for a day and I think its adequate. Given that it has ABS, EBD and Brake assist, I dont think braking should be an issue with these tyres too.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks