Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2017, 15:36   #526
BHPian

Re: Maruti Celerio : Official Review

Thanks for the replies.

I will try to send email to Maruti once I get the delivery of the car.

Let me see what their stand is. I can very well later fit it from dealer if Maruti replies that this declaration is as per their Terms & Conditions.
Old 1st December 2017, 14:43   #527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45 View Post
Let me see what their stand is. I can very well later fit it from dealer if Maruti replies that this declaration is as per their Terms & Conditions.
Any updates?

As far as I know, this declaration is taken so that the dealer can show that customer did not take accessory to the manufacturer. We too used to take such a declaration just to have it handy incase officials from MSIL come and ask.

Further, MSIL tells the customer that accessories are optional from the dealer and tell the dealer to achieve Rs. xx accessories per car.
Old 25th December 2017, 17:22   #528
BHPian

3rd free service done at Sai Service, Hinjewadi, Pune. Costed 2,500/-.
No complaints reported. Even the alignment and balancing was not off.
They did an excellent job with the car and were very prompt right from vehicle pick up till they dropped it off at my place. The car was cleaned well. They even took care of few things that I missed to report.

Last 5000kms has seen a lot of long distance drives, the longest being Bangalore - Mumbai and then back to Pune. The car returned an excellent mileage of 22kmpl. The car does struggle executing a hurried overtake and around the ghats but patience pays off in such situations. I strictly drove the car on auto mode at around the 100km/hr mark.

After relocating to pune, the car was used every day to travel a 5km distance in super peak traffic (Hinjewadi Traffic). The mileage took a big dive and fell to 11kmpl. This was straining the car a lot and I hated the unruly traffic as well. I bought a TVS Jupiter and the car is used only over the weekends.

Some observations :
> I expect the car to have a little more acceleration per gear and the gear shift to be a little more intuitive to the driver's style
> Rattles are bare minimal but with the evolution of the industry why carry such useless legacy. I expect no rattles to creep anytime during the life of the car. Is that so difficult to achieve ?
> Dust creeps in somehow and there is a layer on the dashboard and a cloud of it when I pat the seats. Had the same issue with the GT as well. Why ?
> Seat ergonomics are just about ok. Why skimp ?
> How expensive is it to provide a wheel well cladding at the rear as well. That's the part that's most exposed to dirt and having cladding helps insulating some amount of noise. Why cheap out for such things ?
> Mileage is just as expected and its just so easy to drive around
> Most people are amazed with the spacious cabin coming from a tiny car

Finally got the CR70 and ER70 3M sun film installed. It cuts glare sure but the heat I'm yet to see any difference.

I'll hold up on the tyres and the audio system for some more time considering this isn't used everyday but the pinch is felt every time I take it for a spin.

Love remains at 100% towards the car and I'd recommend this car for its frugal and practical character.
no_boundaries is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 10:06   #529
BHPian

After using Celerio for more than one year, I am finding that the seats do not sufficiently support my neck & upper back. I am 5'5" and I did not find any issue with lower back support. I drive seated at a 90 to 100 degree angle.

Can I add extra foam padding and top it up with seat covers, would it help support by upper back?

Can I modify the fixed head restraint by fixing an aftermarket separate head restraint, hoping that would support my neck better? Or should I just add the neck pillow and have it tied to the seat?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, especially from Celerio owners ! I felt that its seat is a bit unique Was in love with my seating position and comfort in Zen.

Last edited by gearedup : 28th December 2017 at 10:09.
Old 8th January 2018, 21:59   #530
Senior - BHPian

Visited Maruti showroom today , Pratham motors on ORR Bangalore to see CelerioX. Car seems good from all angles and since I do not wish to go for alto K10 I am going for this one. I have owned estilo K10 and have driven K10 WagonR for quite some time. So am well aware of this engine.
I am trying to buy a moderate car for my wife. I started with a big bull, ford ecosport but since it will be for city anything bigger than alto and smaller than sub 4 meters suvs was on my list. Considering the daily run I am zeroing on Celerio but need some advice from you experts.
Is zxi optional a real VFM considering the fact that it offers alloys, abs, dual airbags, seat height adjustment? The price diff on road is ~65k from plain zxi. It is always good to have all safety features but I was driving cars without all these features all these years. Only recently car manufacturers have started scaring people with all these words. (Valid for highway high speeds).
Bit confused between plain zxi vs zxi optional. Need some help to make a call.
Old 8th January 2018, 22:27   #531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
I went for the optional variant just for the safety features. Would recommend that.
HappyWheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 00:32   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Visited Maruti showroom today , Pratham motors on ORR Bangalore to see CelerioX. Car seems good from all angles and since I do not wish to go for alto K10 I am going for this one. I have owned estilo K10 and have driven K10 WagonR for quite some time. So am well aware of this engine.
I am trying to buy a moderate car for my wife. I started with a big bull, ford ecosport but since it will be for city anything bigger than alto and smaller than sub 4 meters suvs was on my list. Considering the daily run I am zeroing on Celerio but need some advice from you experts.
Is zxi optional a real VFM considering the fact that it offers alloys, abs, dual airbags, seat height adjustment? The price diff on road is ~65k from plain zxi. It is always good to have all safety features but I was driving cars without all these features all these years. Only recently car manufacturers have started scaring people with all these words. (Valid for highway high speeds).
I would choose the optional anyday. No point in compromising on safety.

On another note, why don't you look at the Ignis ? The Zeta is just about 30k more than the CelerioX ZXI Opt, and the Delta is roughly 20k cheaper.
ts1506 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 12:20   #533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts1506 View Post
I would choose the optional anyday. No point in compromising on safety.

On another note, why don't you look at the Ignis ? The Zeta is just about 30k more than the CelerioX ZXI Opt, and the Delta is roughly 20k cheaper.
I need to do a TD for Ignis MT. I had done it last year on AMT and was dissatisfied due to car's looks and AMT function (MT was not available then). Looks can be ignored (may be )but driveability matters. Again need to check the features the Ignis Zeta/Delta models offer. The daily city run will be limited for which I will prefer more features and safety than more powerful engine.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 14:20   #534
Senior - BHPian

The price list of Maruti Celerio shows a variant named Tour H2 above the base variant, but the details of such a variant are not available on the Product Website or the Product Brochure. Is Maruti targeting the Cab operators with a Tour variant like in Dzire etc.? Does anybody have a clue?
Old 10th January 2018, 14:51   #535
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
The price list of Maruti Celerio shows a variant named Tour H2 above the base variant, but the details of such a variant are not available on the Product Website or the Product Brochure. Is Maruti targeting the Cab operators with a Tour variant like in Dzire etc.? Does anybody have a clue?
Might be a variant which has cab specific features like a speed limiter, fire extinguisher, etc. This might be the same LXi variant but meant for yellow board registration.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 15:58   #536
Senior - BHPian

Finally Maruti has officially launched the Tour H2 variant with a Speed Limiter at Rs.4.21 Lacs.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...21-lakh-407198
Old 20th February 2018, 19:31   #537
BHPian

Its been about 12000kms on the ODO and I feel the novelty is wearing off.

The A pillar obstructs. No matter how you set your seating, the a-pillar obstructs your view on either sides. I very narrowly missed ramming a lady today exiting the apartment ramp and taking a right turn. I've had these UH-OH moments due to the obstruction but never a heart in the mouth moment.

The gear shift is very confused. I lived with this for a while and would take extra caution to let the gear shift in. Now its plain annoying and sometimes it slows me down when I want to fill a gap or exit a ramp without revving the engine upto 3k rpm. The manual override isn't helpful either.

The audio system is plain dumb and often refuses to read my USB drives, connect my phone or play music from my phone. I need to pull over do the dance of connections and then it starts off. I've reported this at service and they said they couldn't find any issues. May be an apple thing. The SQ is horrible even if your expectations are bare minimum.

The fuel efficiency has been great as always.
Cute, compact car that make you smile for its simplicity and ease of driving. Anybody can drive it and feel at home.
The headlamps provides very good illumination and you don't need to upgrade the light set up.

The car has become my primary car at Pune and I'm seriously looking to add another car soon but not sure how will I justify having 2 cars in the garage. I miss the speed, comfort and all those features making one's life easy of a modern car. I'm battling this out in my head everyday.
Old 20th March 2018, 20:42   #538
BHPian

*Bump*

Any thoughts on the **cross over* looks of CelerioX? Wife loves the looks, and I thoroughly agree.

Is it worth the extra 14k on road (in Mumbai)?

Last edited by Fornax : 20th March 2018 at 21:00.
Old 20th March 2018, 21:23   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fornax View Post
*Bump*

Any thoughts on the **cross over* looks of CelerioX? Wife loves the looks, and I thoroughly agree.

Sir, the looks are always subjective. If your better half and you are convinced about the looks and other aspects of the car, then take the plunge!! Personally speaking and strictly my opinion : I feel the car has been over done a little more than required. I may have looked elsewhere in the same budget.

My cousin brother has a Celerio ZXI manual and has had a peaceful ownership experience till now, as is the case with almost all the Maruti's.

Last edited by ObsessedByFIAT : 20th March 2018 at 21:27.
ObsessedByFIAT is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2018, 23:20   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fornax View Post
Well, looks are subjective, if you ask me I would say the CelerioX looks bad. Recently one of my relatives bought an Orange CelerioX ZXi AMT, he bought it over the normal Celerio because his wife liked it. So, if you like the looks of the CelerioX, 14k difference is worth it.

Attaching some photos of the CelerioX:

Maruti Celerio : Official Review-celerio-1.jpg

Maruti Celerio : Official Review-celerio-2.jpg

Maruti Celerio : Official Review-celerio-3.jpg
chiranjitp is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks