Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2019, 17:41   #571
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Celerio clocks over 1 lakh sales in FY2018-19

Maruti Suzuki sold 1,03,734 units of the Celerio in FY2018-19, which is a 10% increase compared to the previous year.

Maruti Celerio : Official Review-celerio.jpg

The Celerio was launched in 2014. Since then, the carmaker has sold 4.7 lakh cars. According to the company, nearly 31% of customers opted for the automated manual transmission (AMT) variants, while more than 52% opted for the top-spec ZXi trim. Sales of the CNG variant constitute 20% of the total sales.

The Celerio is powered by a 998cc, 3-cylinder petrol engine that produces 67 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 90 Nm of torque @ 3,500 rpm. On CNG, the engine output drops to 58 BHP and 78 Nm of torque. Transmission options include a 5-speed manual and a 5-speed AMT.

Maruti Suzuki has recently updated the Celerio with new standard safety features like ABS, driver side airbag, reverse parking sensors, front seat belt reminder and high speed alert system.

Link to Team-BHP News
Old 12th April 2019, 20:33   #572
BHPian

Re: Maruti Celerio clocks over 1 lakh sales in FY2018-19

Fun fact, Celerio is available with 12 variants.

1. LXi MT
2. LXi MT (O)
3. VXi MT
4. VXi MT (O)
5. VXi AMT
6. VXi AMT (O)
7. ZXi MT
8. ZXi MT (O)
9. ZXi AMT
10. ZXi AMT (O)
11. Green VXi
12. Green VXi (O)

This is as per their official brochure.

NaXal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2019, 21:26   #573
BHPian

I was considering the celerio very strongly but after looking at the fit and finish of the interior I was quite disappointed. The tata tiago was much better in this regard.

Waiting to see how Suzuki does the interiors of the new celerio facelift launching later this year. The top end variants of the new suzuki should get the 1.2l k12 engine just like the new wagon r.
Old 13th April 2019, 01:09   #574
BHPian

In March 2019 -

WagonR: 16,152
Celerio: 11,087
Santro: 8,280
Tiago: 6,884

Only Maruti Suzuki can sell so many units of a car as mediocre and uninspiring as the Celerio, leaving behind better cars such as the Santro and Tiago. I literally have no idea why this car sells so much. I assume a lot of these are the taxi-spec ‘Tour’ versions? The Celerio is a taxi-favourite at least in NCR.

PS No offence meant to any existing or prospective owners.
Old 16th April 2019, 12:00   #575
BHPian

[quote=Aaron I assume a lot of these are the taxi-spec ‘Tour’ versions? The Celerio is a taxi-favourite at least in NCR.

PS No offence meant to any existing or prospective owners.[/QUOTE]

But not in Bangalore ,hardly see any Celerio Ola or Uber .The usual suspects are Dzire and Tata Indica.
Old 16th April 2019, 12:50   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron:) View Post
I literally have no idea why this car sells so much. I assume a lot of these are the taxi-spec ‘Tour’ versions? The Celerio is a taxi-favourite at least in NCR.

PS No offence meant to any existing or prospective owners.
I have been driven around in a Celerio for quite a number of times.

What I can tell you is that some people don't like the "tall boy" looks of its competition. The Celerio is very spacious inside even for tall frame persons like me. 3 people can sit reasonably comfortably at the rear. You also get an airy feeling inside which many of my friends and relatives have commented too.

The engine is also above average.

I don't find a lot of options to the Celerio which can do the same without being a tall-boy hatch or that can seat 5 comfortably
RavSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2019, 13:04   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf1983 View Post
I was considering the celerio very strongly but after looking at the fit and finish of the interior I was quite disappointed. The tata tiago was much better in this regard
Exactly the reason I chose Tiago over Celerio back in 2016. Maruti Suzuki has come to the senses that they can out sell their product even with fewer features at more premium (call it trust or blind faith).

Dated Dashboard design and scanty features in the center console can be seen easily when compared with rival cars (even if the particular feature is there, it's old gen; for example take a look at door open indicator it's just a simple red light in Celerio, doesn't show which door is open like in Tiago)
Old 21st May 2019, 14:56   #578
BHPian

Re: Maruti Celerio : Official Review

Hi everyone, I have a question to ask.

In early April 2019, I got my Celerio serviced (first paid service) by ABT Maruti in Chennai. Ever since, my car feels under-powered. Its certainly not peppy. I am not sure what the reason could be. In fact, with 3-4 people in the car, its noticeably weak. I would floor the pedal to get good momentum. Especially on an incline. Any ideas/recommendations what could be the issue? Few points to note:
  1. I drive with a light foot. RPM rarely goes beyond 2000.
  2. I drive occasionally (usually in mild-regular traffic).
  3. Since April 2017, I have done only 8900Km
  4. Air filter was replaced in this service and a cabin filter (for AC) was installed.
  5. I skipped tyre rotation
  6. I am the only driver of the car.
What could be the problem and what should I do?

Thanks for your suggestions!
Old 22nd May 2019, 14:16   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityslicker86 View Post
Hi everyone, I have a question to ask.

What could be the problem and what should I do?

Thanks for your suggestions!
I'm not sure if your car fuel and oil filters were changed, but there are still many things which can cause such issue. Chances of oxygen sensor or mass airflow sensor going kaput are less likely, so as the fuel injectors and fuel pump, although I have seen fuel injectors getting replaced within warranty period for such issue.

Cars frequently running on near empty tank are more prone to fuel pump issues.

Get it checked at different showroom
gjnnbagal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 18:24   #580
BHPian

Hi

Not sure if this has been discussed before - Does anyone know if the Celerio conforms to BS IV emission norms

Thanks!
Old 18th August 2019, 19:01   #581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by styx71 View Post
Hi

Not sure if this has been discussed before - Does anyone know if the Celerio conforms to BS IV emission norms

Thanks!
Yes. The Celerio conforms to BS IV norms. I suppose you are talking about Celerio Petrol.

Without BS IV norms, it won't be sold in major cities.
Old 19th August 2019, 13:57   #582
BHPian

Thanks for the info on the emission norm. Yes, i was referring to the petrol variant.
Old 19th August 2019, 14:29   #583
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by styx71 View Post
Hi

Thanks!
Are you asking about BSIV or BSVI that are shortly coming into force? BSIV came into force in all metros almost a decade ago & so the question is ultra late if for BSIV.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 10:16   #584
BHPian

So, we brought home a May 2019 manufactured Celerio ZXi MT for my dad last month after exchanging our 2012 Ritz VDi ABS.

As expected, the facelift version comes with factory fitted reverse parking sensors, passenger seat belt warning and speed alert system. Also, the Maruti-Suzuki and variant decal is no more present in this version. Instead, the 'Celerio' decal has been shifted to the left.

But, my biggest grouse is there's no security system in the ZXi variant. I was under the impression that this can be added later on by Nippon folks.

I spoke to them last week and they informed me this cannot be done as this is related to the ECM

Last edited by Prodigy07 : 6th September 2019 at 10:22.
Old 19th November 2019, 22:54   #585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
So, we brought home a May 2019 manufactured Celerio ZXi MT for my dad last month after exchanging our 2012 Ritz VDi ABS.
Slightly off topic, does the car have speed alert system, just wish to know the date from which Celerio has got this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks